Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,212 members, 7,829,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture (86133 Views)

I’m Thinking Of Getting Married Because Of Sex, Says Juliana Olayode / The Deeper Life Lady I Want To Marry Doesn't Want To Know My Place / My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by JustinDuke(m): 6:56pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:
I need serious advice. I grew up an only child, raised by a single mum. My dad abandoned us as when I was a kid and few years later he died in an accident. My mum is the most important person in my life and I love and respect her. She is also a very religious woman and raised me so.

I am settled and ready to get married and I have met the woman I am sure is the one for me. My mum has met her once and although she had her reservations she wasn't opposed to it. But yesterday while going through my fiance's whatsapp status(bacause she has her number), she came across the picture below and because of it, she is now opposed to the marriage. According to her, she can't let her only child get married to a girl that wears bum shorts in public. She says "this sort of dressing is from the devil"

I have tried to explain to her that my girl isn't like that and she only wears clothes like that once in a while. My mum is still adamant. She wants me to end our relationship and find a "responsible woman"

I am currently torn between my mum and the woman I have decided to spend the rest of my life with. I am afraid that if I disobey my mother's instructions, it would lead to serious circumstances as she is also my spiritual mother.

I do not know what to do. Look at the picture below. I really don't see anything wrong. I cropped her face to maintain anonymity.

Some societal norms has led to decay in marital institutions.

My mum always remind us that a woman who has " shame " especially in public is a potential wife material, amongst other virtues.

A female who can comfortably dress shamelessly in public because almighty Society agrees with it today, well...be ready to share her with oga society too.

Listen to your mum who have suffered and sacrificed for you.
Be not in a haste, do due diligence in secret, find out more. Observe the little things.

We are usually " blind " when in love. Use your head first before your heart. It is for your own good and peace of mind.

A broken relationship is better than a broken marriage.

Be wise.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Hassanmaye(m): 6:57pm On Feb 08, 2023
dazzlingd:
your mum doesn't want you to enjoy those sweet water melons
h

Hahahhahahaha
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by In4matic: 6:58pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

Watch your words please. Don't use that word to describe my girl.

OP, if you don't mind wifing a woman with a high body count (>10).
Or one who has part-time hookup experience, having flushed a foetus or two,Then by all means, go ahead!

A 3rd hand Benz is still a Benz.

But if these things matter to you, then match brake!

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by mctech(m): 6:58pm On Feb 08, 2023
Hmmm! If you were raised as a spiritual person you have no business with the girl whose picture you posted.

Perhaps you were deserved by boobs but the girl whose picture you posted is a REGULAR girl.

I have profiled her (that picture speaks volume) and she is just doesn't rank high.

4 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by LegacyB: 7:01pm On Feb 08, 2023
advanceDNA:

Let me take a wild guess...i hope she doesnt use ankle chain too? Cos the two are like 5 and 6 with babes these days

A girl that wear something close to pant in public place can be a "fantastic wife" ....but ur mama understands a thing or two about risk assessment...

He doesn’t understand marriage . He doesn’t know that his mum is trying to save his ass. I just pray he listens.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Nobody: 7:02pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:
I need serious advice. I grew up an only child, raised by a single mum. My dad abandoned us as when I was a kid and few years later he died in an accident. My mum is the most important person in my life and I love and respect her. She is also a very religious woman and raised me so.

I am settled and ready to get married and I have met the woman I am sure is the one for me. My mum has met her once and although she had her reservations she wasn't opposed to it. But yesterday while going through my fiance's whatsapp status(bacause she has her number), she came across the picture below and because of it, she is now opposed to the marriage. According to her, she can't let her only child get married to a girl that wears bum shorts in public. She says "this sort of dressing is from the devil"

I have tried to explain to her that my girl isn't like that and she only wears clothes like that once in a while. My mum is still adamant. She wants me to end our relationship and find a "responsible woman"

I am currently torn between my mum and the woman I have decided to spend the rest of my life with. I am afraid that if I disobey my mother's instructions, it would lead to serious circumstances as she is also my spiritual mother.

I do not know what to do. Look at the picture below. I really don't see anything wrong. I cropped her face to maintain anonymity.

Tell you girl to spice up her watsapp status with nice decent quotes and pictures thrice in a week.
She shouldn't post them everyday so your mum won't feel she trying to impress.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by ModCaller: 7:03pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

Watch your words please. Don't use that word to describe my girl.

That clearly looks like one of those hookup girls in hotel and shopping malls
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by rickleye: 7:03pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

Yeah mummy sounds like mine that see the devil under every rock.
She is either Aladura or those MFM.
The devil you know is better than Angel you dont.
It really is up to you - when trying times come will you say " My wife is the source of the problem ? " or " And my mother warned me against you "
Your mum is consumed with outward appearance - has she gotten to know the girl, chatted with her, engaged her. What are her goals and aspirations. Is she a home maker or career oriented . You know those questions.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Theotimi: 7:03pm On Feb 08, 2023
Better listen to your mother, so that you wouldn't regret later.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by GloriousGbola: 7:04pm On Feb 08, 2023
It's the devil yall

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by JustcallmeFavou(f): 7:04pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

Women know each other! No matter how any girlfriend, or fiancee tries to pretend to be good, nice, and wonderful. A woman would always know the hidden tactics of a fellow woman.

To know if your mum is right or wrong, tell your fiancee that your mum doesn't like the way she was dressed in public, and show her the picture. If she's a good person who truly cares, and wants to be with you or marry you, she will apologize, and say henceforth she will be more decent in her dressing.

But if she's a bad wife to be, and a woman who doesn't have any iota of respect for your mum and yourself, she would want to make a big deal out of it, by saying all sorts that indicates your mother and yourself should go to hell, that it's her body, her life and she will wear whatever she feels comfortable in.

If this happens, then you have your answers as to how she will not regard your mum when you eventually get married.

As for the dressing, since it's not a beach kind of outing, why wear such in a very public place. Yeah, it's good to look sexy and appealing, but not in the process of looking indecent in the process.

Shalom!

4 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Evergreen12345(f): 7:06pm On Feb 08, 2023
idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by 43Ronin: 7:06pm On Feb 08, 2023
Runs girls too like yellow bag, why?

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Mrpojj(m): 7:06pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

But I still wonder where me and my girlfriend will be going to, that she will were bum shorts
I don't know where

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by 2dominate: 7:07pm On Feb 08, 2023
Ofcourse which responsible woman will wear such outside her home.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Evergreen12345(f): 7:07pm On Feb 08, 2023
LegacyB:

He doesn’t understand marriage . He doesn’t know that his mum is trying to save his ass. I just pray he listens.
...the sane his mother that couldn't stay under a man's roof hahahaha let's be fooling ourselves
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by jaxxy(m): 7:09pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

1stly. if a lady I'm dating can't respect my mum and her views to a fair good extent like I would I will never take that relationship further.

2ndly I agree with ur mum that generally a lady that wears bumb shorts in public is a red flag unless I see other worthy traits and character that can convince me otherwise. I will also expect ur mum to be against such relationship until she see reason to assure her otherwise.

3rdly beyond dress code which can be totally innocent what good thing or negative thing ur mum say about ur gf/fiance?

ur mums observation is totally in order until she can be convinced otherwise.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Ekugbeh(m): 7:09pm On Feb 08, 2023
If your mum could tell you who to marry, she can as well tell when to have babies right?

Somebody who couldn't maintain a marriage is telling you who to marry

Are ok at all 😂

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Karlifate: 7:09pm On Feb 08, 2023
Heavensent01:
did you meet her a virgin? if no, listen to your mom, if yes address the issue diplomatically and educate her to be decent in dressing

C'est fini. 🤌
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by MisfitHPG: 7:09pm On Feb 08, 2023
peepydelano:
Your mum is right , she doesn’t want you to bring whores into her home.
what of the one that gave birth to you,stupid unintelligent baboon,you think dressing is virtue?fuckin dimwit

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by seanwilliam(m): 7:09pm On Feb 08, 2023
What I know is , in marriage decision o, your mom can’t be 100% wrong.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by LockDown69(m): 7:09pm On Feb 08, 2023
omo see kegs shocked grin
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Karlifate: 7:11pm On Feb 08, 2023
donprinyo:
Bros, she reminded her of old days

...and she's feeling insecure because of that.

Some people dread old age, yet they don't want to remain young. cheesy
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by MisfitHPG: 7:12pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

I understand your plight,but if you will leave her please i beg you mail me her contact..God will reward you as you obey your mum and do so,but in case you don't never tell your girl your mum opposes her to avoid bad blood
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Karlifate: 7:13pm On Feb 08, 2023
truthCoder:

Dont listen to your mum and to the many idiots on this thread advising you to leave her based on a picture.

After 5 months of marriage to any girl, you would want a girl that will remain sexy, smart, positive minded and above all your paddy.

You will spend more time in the relationship than you can ever spend with your mum.

If you leave her because of this picture, you will regret it FOR LIFE.

Don't mind them.

It's not as if the girl in question has been constantly wearing it in public.

Just once, and they're all going bonkers. cheesy grin

Confused people.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Evergreen12345(f): 7:14pm On Feb 08, 2023
oga i still maintain my stand !he should ask questions about his father too so that he don't end up being angry for an innocent man for the rest of his life . ask questions! the mother who couldn't stay under a man's roof is instructing her son on who to marry and who not to marry !

4 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Ohraybs(m): 7:14pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

Is it just the type of dress she wore that changes mummy's mind or there are other things that you ain't talking about here.
Our parents can't be wrong and at the same time too be wrong (but due to the experience and examples they will drop ehn,you will have no choice than to reason alongside their thoughts). My dear brother, na you know wetin you and the girl don pass through and it's still you that knows the type of woman she is and how far you guys have come. If it's by dressing mummy is using to judge her, then no points at all, but if there are more to it, then I will advise you to sit down and have a deep thinking. Thanks
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by zedegit: 7:14pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

Op you want to convert a runs girl to a wife? Girl wey everyone dey chop shift, e reach your turn you wan carry am wholesale.
Who does that?

Need I tell you that no responsible woman dresses like that?

Last Bullet: Run a loyalty test on her. If she no fall, make I know why.

5 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Evergreen12345(f): 7:15pm On Feb 08, 2023
I know your lacking good sense of humour but is fine your a big foooool I still maintain thatvhe should ask questions too about his father ! simple!
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by atheistandproud(m): 7:16pm On Feb 08, 2023
ironheart:
Lol, bro follow your mum, she is right. She doesn't want you to bring a farm implement home o. a word is enough for the wise.

A farm tool that cannot generate electricity for the roasted corn
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Jagermeister(m): 7:17pm On Feb 08, 2023
Ishilove:
Different day, different stories.

This kain shokoto in a very public sef, na wa. When no be beach she dey. undecided

Our Nigerian society is not yet ripe for this kind of 'liberal' dressing. grin

OP, I can't tell you what to do. Use your tongue to count your teeth

Ishi did you hear of gamine' passing?

Ruined my day!
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by rajiedreez: 7:17pm On Feb 08, 2023
OK continue and satisfy yourself if you believe she's wrong

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Most Nigerian Girls Are Bad Kissers / Six Joints Where Teenage Sex Workers Woo Men With Charms In Delta Uncovered / The Way A Guy Stylishly Touched This Lady In Public Has Caused Online Argument

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.