Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture (86124 Views)

I’m Thinking Of Getting Married Because Of Sex, Says Juliana Olayode / The Deeper Life Lady I Want To Marry Doesn't Want To Know My Place / My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by musco4me: 6:31pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:
I need serious advice. I grew up an only child, raised by a single mum. My dad abandoned us as when I was a kid and few years later he died in an accident. My mum is the most important person in my life and I love and respect her. She is also a very religious woman and raised me so.

I am settled and ready to get married and I have met the woman I am sure is the one for me. My mum has met her once and although she had her reservations she wasn't opposed to it. But yesterday while going through my fiance's whatsapp status(bacause she has her number), she came across the picture below and because of it, she is now opposed to the marriage. According to her, she can't let her only child get married to a girl that wears bum shorts in public. She says "this sort of dressing is from the devil"

I have tried to explain to her that my girl isn't like that and she only wears clothes like that once in a while. My mum is still adamant. She wants me to end our relationship and find a "responsible woman"

I am currently torn between my mum and the woman I have decided to spend the rest of my life with. I am afraid that if I disobey my mother's instructions, it would lead to serious circumstances as she is also my spiritual mother.

I do not know what to do. Look at the picture below. I really don't see anything wrong. I cropped her face to maintain anonymity.
Why would a responsible lady wear this in public?? This is an inner wear not an outer wear.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by jahsharon: 6:32pm On Feb 08, 2023
franchasng:
You Nigerian youths will be online discussing nonsense topics while Tinubu and his criminal gang perfect their rigging plans and boom, Bala Blu Bulabo becomes una President and una come start another 8 years of pro max suffering....even to japa go hard cos countries are already closing immigration opportunities for black Africans, EU universities that offer free tuition for masters for Africans have started collecting huge tuition fee starting this January and una de here de drag bum shots angry

You will cry blood when Emilokan Tinubu the Jagaban Borgu City Boy Extraordinaire is sworn in as President on May 29th. Thunder Fire you
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by advanceDNA: 6:32pm On Feb 08, 2023
DrOBD:

I bought ankle chain for my wife.

I even encouraged her to dress like that.

Nigerians and hypocrisy. My dear, if you love her, marry her. Your mom has lived her life, and you have to live yours.

I dislike parents who wants to live and make decisions for their children.

Why are u quoting me with what u bought for your wife??u like prostitutés vibes in public for ur wife...ur cup of tea man....

some pple like decent royalty vibes... all covered up looking classy...

we all have our tolerance limit...im sure if u see anither person's wife with boobś open, belly button and aśś exposed u will have a say or two about how inappropriate it is..

But now that the mother is stating her own..u feel its hypocrisy....u even said u dislike pple's parent for their opinion...okay help the OP dislike his mother oooo

17 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by fuelsaver: 6:32pm On Feb 08, 2023
Please look for a descent woman to marry joor. Wife no be wiffi wey anybody go dey connect from anyhow

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Oddfinder012: 6:32pm On Feb 08, 2023
BronzeMajik:
do yourself a favor and listen to your mom,my brother is facing shit in his marriage today because he allowed himself to be blinded by nonsense he's shedding premium tears as we speak hoping to end the marriage soon when mumsy was advising him my son don't go there, that lady is not for you, he said lie lie he must marry her by fire by force citing reasons like, she's supportive faithful and they're in love..
Do you know the so called supportive wife is no longer supportive, she's troublesome and bitter need I say the love is dead.. take it or leave it your mom can never be wrong don't think twice look elsewhere a word is enough for the wise..
My babe cnt even put dat on in d public. Talk more of a wife to be. Shey na ashawo i de marry ni

7 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by fuckwell2080: 6:32pm On Feb 08, 2023
Why are some men so stupid.No responsible girl wilL dress like this coded LovePeddler in Public.OPen ur eyes and stop been foolish before u MARRY a LovePeddler as WIFE an regret.Go do ur findings about the BITCH u about to WIFE u wil be shock u come thank me later with a bottle of cold WINE for protecting u from WHORES.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Karlifate: 6:33pm On Feb 08, 2023
ovanda:
My guy, the truth is that you are not serious about marriage. I went through worse. I only started talking to my mom just this year after 4 long years. If she hadn't called me, guy its on for life. She refused to attend my traditional marriage, incited all my uncles and aunties against me, including my blood brothers. But I no send anybody. I did what i had to. If given another chance, I'd do the same over and over again. Like i said, you never serious!!

No mind the OP.

It's not as if the girl is wearing a bikini 👙 or even naked like that South African girl that trended, few days ago.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Waffarianman(m): 6:33pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

Watch your words please. Don't use that word to describe my girl.

Is it still your girl shebi your mum say she no want ahm... Just tell your mum that this last time she will wear bumber shot and don't forget to tell your girl also that this the last time she will also wear that cloth even me don't like my woman wearing it
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Elsueno: 6:33pm On Feb 08, 2023
To be fair, no responsibile grown woman would comfortable wear a bum short & go out in public.....Those who even wear am do it indoors or within d vicinity of thier home...Ur girl seems really really far from home & even post a picture on WhatsApp...bros Zikonna pls do a bit of digging

But as for now, Am afraid, am gonna side with mommy on this one😤

4 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by nadel: 6:33pm On Feb 08, 2023
bro that bunny is a whoore
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by BamakSNR(m): 6:34pm On Feb 08, 2023
So far you're the one that will live with her and not your mother.

Pray about it and if God give you go ahead...... go ahead please.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by gommez: 6:34pm On Feb 08, 2023
That babe is way out of your class, you better look for someone u can marry n live happily in peace. Dat babe is a runs babe

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by AkpaMgbor(m): 6:35pm On Feb 08, 2023
thunderbabs:
All these deeper life and CAC mothers Sha grin
Deeper life or any church has got absolutely nothing to do with this. A woman who feels comfy wearing that without the consent of her partner (assuming she has one) is a RED FLAG anyday anytime. No red flag is too little or too big to overlook.

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Omoapena(m): 6:35pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:
I need serious advice. I grew up an only child, raised by a single mum. My dad abandoned us as when I was a kid and few years later he died in an accident. My mum is the most important person in my life and I love and respect her. She is also a very religious woman and raised me so.

I am settled and ready to get married and I have met the woman I am sure is the one for me. My mum has met her once and although she had her reservations she wasn't opposed to it. But yesterday while going through my fiance's whatsapp status(bacause she has her number), she came across the picture below and because of it, she is now opposed to the marriage. According to her, she can't let her only child get married to a girl that wears bum shorts in public. She says "this sort of dressing is from the devil"

I have tried to explain to her that my girl isn't like that and she only wears clothes like that once in a while. My mum is still adamant. She wants me to end our relationship and find a "responsible woman"

I am currently torn between my mum and the woman I have decided to spend the rest of my life with. I am afraid that if I disobey my mother's instructions, it would lead to serious circumstances as she is also my spiritual mother.

I do not know what to do. Look at the picture below. I really don't see anything wrong. I cropped her face to maintain anonymity.

OP
She may have good character and conscience but TBH, dressing like that in public with all those endowment doesn't show she's decent...

Believe me, with that dress, so many people will have negative approach towards her...

But in whatever you do, if your mother do not change her view about her, pls do not marry her until you make her reasons

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Toks2008(m): 6:36pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

Are you sure you are ready for marriage cos you are sounding like mummy's boy.

Talk to your mum that she is your choice and make her accept your choice.

Be a man.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by adeolamighty: 6:37pm On Feb 08, 2023
Jennyclay:
You brought this insult upon yourself, so enjoy the insult my dear!

You need to grow up, you're not a man, can't you make your mother see reasons why you want to marry her? undecided.

Biko, answer my following questions:

Is your girlfriend disrespecting you? undecided

Is she wasteful or lazy? undecided

Is she cheating on you? undecided

Is she neglecting her duties as a wife to be? undecided

So why is you and your mother creating problem were there is none? undecided

There is absolutely nothing wrong with her dressing. Most times I dress like that to salon, market, restaurants, bank and malls.

Biko, don't allow your mother to use her hand to destroy the beautiful relationship you have your girlfriend oo!

So, you're a hooker too. You called her a LovePeddler and you dressed like that too in public

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by youngzeal1: 6:37pm On Feb 08, 2023
I don’t know how u will do this ehhhh but get a man 4 ur mum…
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Nobody: 6:37pm On Feb 08, 2023
Oddfinder012:

Wat is wrong with an 'su' gown in public?
My babe wit her big baka and fresh laps can't try dis rubbish in public. Talk more of a wife to be. Make una de get sense o. We're Africans
That's your babe's choice doesn't mean she won't be a hoe! What if we're Africans? Mtchewww.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by BronzeMajik(f): 6:37pm On Feb 08, 2023
Oddfinder012:

My babe cnt even put dat on in d public. Talk more of a wife to be. Shey na ashawo i de marry ni
my sis in law puts on worse to the embarrassment of her husband and his family, it takes some level of madness for an African woman to put on such and call it normal, such women would never see anything wrong with their dressing, or stinking attitude.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by ibawon(m): 6:39pm On Feb 08, 2023
[quote author=Zikonna post=120740017]I need serious advice. I grew up an only child, raised by a single mum.
My friend. Are you sure that is the only reason your Mum doesn't want your union to happen? Please involve other people. This picture we are all seeing is not a valid reason to judge that she would be bad spouse.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Hassanmaye(m): 6:39pm On Feb 08, 2023
peepydelano:
Your mum is right , she doesn’t want you to bring whores into her home.
How do you know she's a ho
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by davidadenrele: 6:39pm On Feb 08, 2023
Brotherly,

I have few words to say an adage says "What an Elder sees while sitting a child can never see it even if it climbs Iroko tree, am not against nor in support but words of elders are words of wisdom use it will help you.

Shalom!!

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by BigYash: 6:39pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

Watch your words please. Don't use that word to describe my girl.
Mumu.. cheesy Who tell you say na your girl? Comot (y)our . it bcomes our girl.. Person when wear that kind thing comot inside room,na em you want make she raise ur kids..? God bless your mom for me jare. She will live long to see you marry a decent girl.. Can I hear amen somebody!

4 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Heavensent01(m): 6:40pm On Feb 08, 2023
did you meet her a virgin? if no, listen to your mom, if yes address the issue diplomatically and educate her to be decent in dressing

5 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by tpraiz(m): 6:40pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

The question should be directed at the op.
Are you allowing your wife to be dressed like this in public??

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Kobojunkie: 6:40pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:
Spiritual mother ke? shocked

Dude, leave that girl alone abeg... she deserves a better man in her life, please! Give me her number make I call am tell am say make she run for her dear life. lipsrsealedundecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by MiniImportation: 6:41pm On Feb 08, 2023
Jennyclay:
You brought this insult upon yourself, so enjoy the insult my dear!

You need to grow up, you're not a man, can't you make your mother see reasons why you want to marry her? undecided.

Biko, answer my following questions:

Is your girlfriend disrespecting you? undecided

Is she wasteful or lazy? undecided

Is she cheating on you? undecided

Is she neglecting her duties as a wife to be? undecided

So why is you and your mother creating problem were there is none? undecided

There is absolutely nothing wrong with her dressing. Most times I dress like that to salon, market, restaurants, bank and malls.

Biko, don't allow your mother to use her hand to destroy the beautiful relationship you have your girlfriend oo!

from all indication you are a barren woman.

If not you will understand what it takes to protect a son against an impending gun powder seating on a keg of fire.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by AkpaMgbor(m): 6:41pm On Feb 08, 2023
Haveyoueatentod:
she may be holier than your so called well dressed girls
Get 10 well dressed girls and 10 scantily dressed girls and my bet is that most of the 10 well dressed girls will be more decent in character. You guys always like to use outliers as an example. Exceptions don't invalidate a general rule.

14 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by BRATISLAVA: 6:42pm On Feb 08, 2023
Nigerian men!

They always condemn women and preach the exemplary qualities that every woman should have, such as conservative dressing. You would think they would be attracted to mother Mary/niqaab wearers, or have sisters who are like mother Mary/niqaab wearers. What you will see them dating will tell you why good Christian/Muslim girls finish last in the relationship field. And it has everything to do with appearance and nothing to do with their character. When you see them mocking an unmarried woman, you would think she is the devil, meanwhile, look what their sisters and wives look like ideally for them. But they will preach against women who dress as they please constantly. It's some kind of hypocritic mental illness they have.

His mother is funny.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Beremx(f): 6:42pm On Feb 08, 2023
Your mum is too quick to judge your girlfriend. Instead of discouraging you from marrying her, why not your mom advice the lady as a mother to stop wearing such in public? If she refuses to stop, then you can stop the relationship with her.

Some mothers sef?!

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by BRATISLAVA: 6:43pm On Feb 08, 2023
Beremx:
Your mum is too quick to judge your girlfriend. Instead of discouraging you from marrying her, why not your mom advice the lady as a mother to stop wearing such in public? If she refuses to stop, then you can stop the relationship with her.
Some mothers sef?!

What on Earth?
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Omoapena(m): 6:43pm On Feb 08, 2023
Nia69:
So I'm guessing your mum expects her to put on those SU gown in public. undecided

Your sense of reasoning is too low...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Most Nigerian Girls Are Bad Kissers / Six Joints Where Teenage Sex Workers Woo Men With Charms In Delta Uncovered / The Way A Guy Stylishly Touched This Lady In Public Has Caused Online Argument

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.