Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,105 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State - Politics (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State (51559 Views)

The Proposed Gelegele Seaport In Edo State / POLLS: Ijaws Table Jonathan’s Re-election Before Amasiekumor Deity -(PIC) / CAN President, Oritsejafor, Admits Ownership Of Cash-stacked Jet Seized In S.Afr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by NegroNtns(m): 9:33pm On Sep 27, 2011
Physics,

Im glad you are knocking sense into these people that find joy in insulting the Bini throne. If its not the Igbos one day, its the Ijaws the next.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by jason123: 9:37pm On Sep 27, 2011
I repeat![size=5pt]Let me play the devil's advocate grin[/size]
In the WEST, if you are not Edo/Edoid or Yoruba/Yoruboid (even these two are family). YOU ARE A "SETTLER"!!! grin cheesy wink
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by nduchucks: 9:40pm On Sep 27, 2011
jason123:

In the WEST, if you are not Edo/Edoid or Yoruba/Yoruboid (even these two are family). YOU ARE A "SETTLER"!!! grin cheesy wink

Pray tell, where did these Edoids and Yoruboids migrate from? The middle east, or did their predecessor fall from heaven?
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by tpia5: 9:44pm On Sep 27, 2011
the fallacy here is assuming ijaws arent edoid, imo.

ijaws are edoid, igboid, yoruboid, hausoid, middle beltoid, and whatever else you want to name.

their identity is fluid due to much mixing.

so, saying you're attacking ijaw on behalf of bini, is seriously flawed.

when two brothers are fighting, outsiders should think carefully before getting in the middle.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by NegroNtns(m): 9:51pm On Sep 27, 2011
tpia,

the only thing Ijaw is mixed with is Portuegese blood, take Yoruba out of that equation.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by jason123: 9:57pm On Sep 27, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Pray tell, where did these Edoids and Yoruboids migrate from? The middle east, or did their predecessor fall from heaven?
jason123:

I repeat![Let me play the devil's advocate grin

wink
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by PhysicsQED(m): 9:58pm On Sep 27, 2011
jason123:

This is not true. This discussion is about one specific place, anyway. Not the entire geographical southwest.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by tpia5: 10:05pm On Sep 27, 2011
the only thing Ijaw is mixed with is Portuegese blood, take Yoruba out of that equation

apoi ijaw are mixed with yoruba.

as you travel along the coast, there are many other ijoid communities where the ijaw mixed with their host area. I'm not referring to the core ijaw regions, and even then, it still applies somewhat.

many threads where the host areas are disputing the level of ijawness compared to the level of the host tribe.

the reason for this type of thing imo is because ijaw men date and marry quite literally from anywhere.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by NegroNtns(m): 10:09pm On Sep 27, 2011
tpia, please knock it off! The Yoruba commonwealth or nation does not have "Ijaw" as a sub-tribe. There is intermarriage between Yoruba and Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa. . . . . should we start saying Yorubas are Hausas or are Igbos?

We have Ilajes - riverine peoples - but we do not have Ijaws.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Chyz2: 10:10pm On Sep 27, 2011
killayut:

You have been misinformed . Ijaws do not claim land, It is land were Ijaws have been living from time that are being claimed by others, and Ijaws are only resisting, GELEGELE has been an Ijaw settlement not that Ijaws are claiming it, It is the Binis that are claiming it saying the IJAWS were brought by the OBA or enslaved people or servants, So pls dont let your hatred miss lead you, Ijaws never claimed any land, Ijaws never claimed land in Lagos, Ondo, Edo but others claim the land were Ijaws have been living, the question you people should ask is, WHY DID YOUR FOREFATHERS not CLAIM the land the IJAWS STAY and why are modern day people trying to claim the land where Ijaws stay ? It is cos of OIL AND GAS WEALTH, people never claimed the land before this time when Ijaws living there suffered the hardship, made use of the other natural wealth and suffered the snake bites and all that, But now that oil and gas have been found MODERN day Binis and Itshekiris and Ilajes BACKED by their Tribal politicians who are waiting to gain more, Is this not pathetic ? How many times did AWORIS have a fight with Ijaws in history that you know, If not why are you so happy and proud that your AWORIS fought Ijaws and killed them in Lagos over nothing but HATE, why didnt you AWORIS fight Igbos in FESTAC AND OKOMAIKO AND AGBOJI AND AMUWO ODOFIN AND EVEN SURULERE ? ASK YOUR SELF THAT QUESTION and understand why you went to kill innocent poor people and now beating your chest about it, The same innocent people of GELE GELE they are planning to kill to your delight, INSTEAD of coming to stand against injustice you are HAPPY that Ijaws every where are being killed and you expect the IJAWS to remain still while you laugh and make jest of them, It is not going to HAPPEN AGAIN,

Why must the must the aworis fight the Igbos? Are the Igbos claiming their land? No. The more you claim their land,the harder they will fight you by all means. When MEND bombed lagos and the OPC told them never to repeat an attack on yorubaland again, why didnt they tell them that lago is ijaw land and they have a right to do whatever they like with it?

Because a people allow you to name an area that they allowed you to settle in in your own language doesnt mean that that land doesnt still belong to them. The yorubas let the Igbos name an area in the Igbo language "Alaba" which is Ala(Land) Aba(a city in Abia state known to be the China of Igboland).In other words, its suppose to be a representation of a mini Aba. Do you see Igbos claiming it as Igboland?No.

Also Ogun state is by the coast as well.Why is there no Ijaws there or am I missing something? Ogun state is  beside Ondo right before you get to Lagos how the hell did you(Ijaws) manage to skip it? I ask the same question about AKwa Ibom.How did you all skip the Ogonis and Ibibios and end up in Akwa Ibom? cheesy

Do your people think that during the disintegration of nigeria when all southern ethnic groups will arm up for preparation for the creation of their own countries (Biafra and Oduduwa) that your itty-bitty Ijaw people will last,lol. There is nothing like Niger Delta Republic, if there ever was, you all ruined it. cheesy

Get real DUde. How are you goin have a white name like Tom Briggs and come tell us what we are or aren't? . . .Check yaself nicca! cool
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by NegroNtns(m): 10:14pm On Sep 27, 2011
Get real DUde. How are you goin have a white name like Tom Briggs and come tell us what we are or aren't? . . .Check yaself nicca!

Na Potugi be dem papa, followed by Oyibo.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by tpia5: 10:15pm On Sep 27, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

tpia, please knock it off! The Yoruba commonwealth or nation does not have "Ijaw" as a sub-tribe. There is intermarriage between Yoruba and Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa. . . . . should we start saying Yorubas are Hausas or are Igbos?

We have Ilajes - riverine peoples - but we do not have Ijaws.

you misunderstand me.

i'm not saying ijaws are yoruba.

my point is ijaws are linked to every major tribe in nigeria by blood- through intermarriage or whichever way entire areas of ijoid communities came into being.

there are ijaw/yoruba regions [they are not yoruba but ijaw], ijaw/igbo regions [overly ijaw but with strong igbo links and sometimes becoming igbo on occasion], likewise you can find ijoids in the north and middle belt same way there are hausa people of non-hausa ancestry there.

ijaw/edo have extremely ambiguous relations with each other and yes, they are brothers.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by NegroNtns(m): 10:16pm On Sep 27, 2011
They should go and claim land in Lisbon and London.  That's where their ancestor originate. Bastards!  angry
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by tpia5: 10:22pm On Sep 27, 2011
al harem you said you're kanuri.

are there kanuris of ijaw origin- just curious.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by NegroNtns(m): 10:22pm On Sep 27, 2011
Killayuk or wetin he call himself, let me hear you yarn nonsense one more time about any territory in Yorubaland.  Idiot!  Whats your real name, David Gray?  Wan come claim land from Ifagbemi. Ah, nonsense! angry
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by jason123: 10:26pm On Sep 27, 2011
PhysicsQED:

This is not true. This discussion is about one specific place, anyway. Not the entire geographical southwest.

My statement, was to annoy him!!!! Read the small print. It was a sarcastic statement. cool
Btw, I am talking about the Old west not SW. Are Edos in the SW? No.
I know you are an Edo man BUT the truth is you can hardly separate Edos/iod and Yorubas/boid.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by aljharem3: 10:29pm On Sep 27, 2011
Enjoying  the discussion

tpia@:

al harem you said you're kanuri.

are there kanuris of ijaw origin- just curious.

Yes. we are lake like people just like the Ijaws. We live near water body ie lake Chad thus it is likely that we are linked with the Ijaws one way or the other undecided .

kan -nuru meaning Hot drink in ijaw  or sometimes spelt as kanuru which also means Hot drink in kalabari

so given that lake chad is hot and in the north + the water area

likely kanuris originated from ijaws which were called kanuru a corrupt form of kanuri (Hot drink)
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by tpia5: 10:30pm On Sep 27, 2011
jason123:

My statement, was to annoy him!!!! Read the small print. It was a sarcastic statement. cool
Btw, I am talking about the Old west not SW. Are Edos in the SW? No.
I know you are an Edo man BUT the truth is you can hardly separate Edos/iod and Yorubas/boid.

i hope you know why the midwest was separated from the western region.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by tpia5: 10:31pm On Sep 27, 2011
alj_harem:

Enjoying the discussion

Yes. we are lake like people just like the Ijaws. We live near water body ie lake Chad thus it is likely that we are linked with the Ijaws one way or the other undecided .

kan -nuru meaning Hot drink in ijaw or sometimes spelt as kanuru which also means Hot drink in kalabari

so given that lake chad is hot and in the north + the water area

likely kanuris originated from ijaws which were called kanuru a corrupt form of kanuri (Hot drink)

that's rather far fetched.

i have my reasons for asking the question.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by jason123: 10:36pm On Sep 27, 2011
tpia@:

i hope you know why the midwest was separated from the western region.

Yes, I know. I also know that if there is a 3-way split (I want a 2-way though). The Edos are most likely going to join Odua and operate federalism where they control their stuffs. I just can't see them, Itsekiris and maybe (emphasis on "maybe"wink Uhrobos, joining the Ijaw dominated ND republic. I just can't. Its a personal opinion though undecided. Moreover, the WEST achieved more when together, than the West and Mid west. It was this era the WEST had Free education, first tv station in Africa etc
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by aljharem3: 10:37pm On Sep 27, 2011
tpia@:

that's rather far fetched.

i have my reasons for asking the question.

Not really, if Awori means Awomiri in  ijaw (water loving people)

and Ijaws have kanuru which mean hot drink then they can argue that Kanuri is a corrupt form of kanuru but just adding A and U

it become Akanuru ( hot water/drink people)

it is very easy to claim and lie about history.

just find words that suit your agenda and force it down on people but using propangada

Edo call lagos Eko

Yoruba call it Oko/eko

Ijaws call it Ukomure or so

as u can see, the ijaws are trying to lie about their own version of lagos. What the hell is Ukomure Just say they can call it a corrupt version as well.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by tpia5: 10:40pm On Sep 27, 2011
Yes, I know. I also know that if there is a 3-way split (I want a 2-way though). The Edos are most likely going to join Odua and operate federalism where they control their stuffs. I just can't see them, Itsekiris and maybe (emphasis on "maybe"wink Uhrobos, joining the Ijaw dominated ND republic. I just can't. Its a personal opinion though . Moreover, the WEST achieved more when together, than the West and Mid west. It was this era the WEST had Free education, first tv station in Africa etc

if ijaws and binis sort out their differences, the rest of edo will follow suit and stay behind benin either overtly or covertly.

so, whoever gets the upper hand now will determine where everyone goes.

personally, i'd say edo ties to the north are just as strong as any ties people think they have with the west.

but that's just me.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by tpia5: 10:42pm On Sep 27, 2011
alj_harem:

Not really, if Awori means Awomiri in ijaw (water loving people)

and Ijaws have kanuru which mean hot drink then they can argue that Kanuri is a corrupt form of kanuru but just adding A and U

it become Akanuru ( hot water/drink people)

it is very easy to claim and lie about history.

just find words that suit your agenda and force it down on people but using propangada

Edo call lagos Eko

Yoruba call it Oko/eko

Ijaws call it Ukomure or so

as u can see, the ijaws are trying to lie about their own version of lagos. What the hell is Ukomure Just say they can call it a corrupt version as well.

but we all know kanuris are from sudan and yemen.

i havent read about this ijaw/lagos/tom briggs issue yet [dont know who he is], but isnt every tribe trying to claim lagos anyway.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by aljharem3: 10:50pm On Sep 27, 2011
tpia@:

but we all know kanuris are from sudan and yemen.

i havent read about this ijaw/lagos/tom briggs issue yet [dont know who he is], but isnt every tribe trying to claim lagos anyway.

True. Then if so, other tribes can claim port harcourt, and other ijaws settlements as well since we all are mixing. You can not in one hand claiming unity and people give you land and the other hand fighting against those that are living in your own lands. Life does not work like that.

Do you know how many itsekiris and urhobos this people have killed all in the name of land and "conquered territories"

It is not meant to be so. There are hausas in Yobe state, this is normally Kanuri land but hausas have not been killed there all in the name of kanuri land. so why are Ijaws doing so to others.

That is wrong and I just wanted this Tom briggs to get off the high horse and see sense in Unity instead of war and Egbesu spirit.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by aljharem3: 11:07pm On Sep 27, 2011
I mean this killayut was talking of paying people to kill Igbo people

How sadistic is that That was one of things that pissed me off about him angry
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by tpia5: 11:12pm On Sep 27, 2011
nigeria is in a permanent state of war.

everybody is the enemy of everybody else.

in between, nigerians cooperate and are thicker than glue when they unite to do juju or any other anti-social activity though.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Onlytruth(m): 3:53am On Sep 28, 2011
I am truly beginning to think that "Ijaw" may have migrated into the coastal regions of Nigeria from Ghana or somewhere around there; and that migration coincided with the coming of the first Portuguese explorers and merchants.

I say this because Ijaw is the only group I know in Niger delta with the highest number of people with "white" names.
It also explains why they always found it easy to intermarry with any tribe in the coast, ranging from Igbo all the way to Yoruba areas. A people with a strong sense of "own culture and traditions" won't be so brazen in marriage with/into other tribes.
So, in a sense, they feel no sense of "loss" to the "other tribes", afterall there is no strong "own" tribe among them.

Even if there were some local "Ijaws" before the advent of the white man in the delta, they must have been rather small.
The Europeans must have come with some educated and exposed "Ijaw groups" from their earlier encounters with groups in "Gold Coast" (today's Ghana), afterall slave trade was a later trade than Gold and Ivory trading. They may have landed the shores of the delta where these "European Ijaws" fused with "Local Ijaws", hence the varied differences in their language.

Just my educated guess.   cool

Let the debate continue.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Relax101(m): 4:36am On Sep 28, 2011
^^^^^ Maybe frm Sao tome and principe. It was never recorded in the history books.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 28, 2011
alj harem says True. Then if so, other tribes can claim port harcourt, and other ijaws settlements as well since we all are mixing. You can not in one hand claiming unity and people give you land and the other hand fighting against those that are living in your own lands. Life does not work like that.

Do you know how many itsekiris and urhobos this people have killed all in the name of land and "conquered territories"

It is not meant to be so. There are hausas in Yobe state, this is normally Kanuri land but hausas have not been killed there all in the name of kanuri land. so why are Ijaws doing so to others.

That is wrong and I just wanted this Tom briggs to get off the high horse and see sense in Unity instead of war and Egbesu spirit.

Bro your partiality is taking it's toll Like yall despise the Ijaws and refered to them as fish who live on water abi in water ? That 's how all their neighbours attacked them too. And in every attack Ijaws would cry out first atleast for government to react. But the attackers were always either backed by bigger tribes like Yoruba and always Yoruba in this case so the Ijaws had no choice but to either defend or take reprisal, GELEGELE is the latest, You and the world knows GELEGELE is inhabitted by Ijaws and as far as we know Nigeria is not an apartheid state so who gives right to any tribe to question Nigerians living at anywhere ? This is one point you must ponder on, Has goverment given the residents of GELEGELE to relocate or move that they never did ? LET US KNOW THYE STRUCTURE OF NIGERIA before we proceed . So tell me who is threatening to kill the people of GELEGELE ? Let us look at the recent one and forget about Itshekiri issue to see if you ALJ HAREM makes sense or not, Bro you should be ashamed of your self. You think you are dealing with one dumb. All your words are rhetoric of HATE ON THE IJAW, you stupidly lie or spew out of ignorance and delight in what you say. YES you wish the BINIS GO TO GELEGELE and kill the IJAWS AND YOu ll cry blood if the IJAWS successfully defend themselves if that attack takes place, You are a stupid nasty tribalist and guess what, It is your tribalism that made us remove the federal capital from Lagos to ABUJA, The same tribalism is making you think Nigeria does not have a constitution, How many times have you Yorubas tried to take back your seized ILLORIN from the Fulanis ? MENTION one VILLAGE OF ILAJE, YORUBA, ITSHEKIRI that the IJAWS FORCEFULLY occupied, IDIOT, what would you see or say of an IGBO settlement deep in Yoruba enclave ? From the arrangement of settlements at the COAST of EDO, DELTA and parts of Ondo CAN'T you see IJAW villages are completely scattered all over the place obviously proving IJAWS are the natives, Did ITSHEKIRI not write in their history that a part of them came from IGBIRA or Nupe and a part came from Bini while another part came from Yoruba, if thats the case does it not make sense that ITSHEKIRI is a politacl arrangement and not a tribe that settled in the IJAW town of SEIKIRI ( Evil forest ) Don't you know that Ganuwa the Bini prince that started or founded the OLu dynasty went to settle among a people ( Those people were who ? ) You may never want to answer, They were Ijaws. Ijaws have always allowed strangers to dwell among them because Ijaws were never territorial, If you do not want to be neutral and reasonable you better KNOW We are READY to play ball no matter what kind of ball , This is not the era of AWOLOWO when Ijaws were deprived of education, schools and every thing, Now at least some of us have gone to school, learned enough to know and very much ready to FIGHT BACK,
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Abagworo(m): 8:57am On Sep 28, 2011
I think ancient Bini was an empire which encompassed many of our different tribes.Igbos and Ijaws were obviously in the Benin army.I also believe Ijaws were nomadic in water but did not actually settle or occupy any lands.I believe that the settled Ijaws were mixed Igbos,Efiks,Yorubas or Edos.Most of the Eastern Ijaw settlements were founded by Igbos/Efiks/Ibibios during slavery period as ports for slave shipment and were arranged as city States for trading purposes.They brought that sense of land ownership and settlement to Eastern Ijaw.

In my conclusion Ijaws always lived by the coasts around the central Delta probably before any other ethnic group but saw it as useless occupying land since their major occupation was fishing.Its as good as Fulanis claiming that they once camped pre-historic period in Jos with their cattle before the Beroms and therefore own the land.My advice to Ijaws is that they should mellow down and accept there fate because they never were land dwellers even though they camped briefly to fish.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by aljharem3: 9:02am On Sep 28, 2011
killayut:

Bro  your partiality is taking it's toll  Like yall despise the Ijaws and refered to them as fish who live on water  abi in water ?  That 's how  all their neighbours  attacked them too. And in every  attack Ijaws  would cry out first  atleast for government to  react. But the attackers were always either backed  by bigger tribes  like Yoruba and always  Yoruba in this case  so the Ijaws had no choice  but to either  defend  or  take reprisal,  GELEGELE is the latest,   You and the world knows   GELEGELE is inhabitted  by Ijaws and as  far as we know  Nigeria is not an apartheid  state  so who gives  right to any tribe to question Nigerians  living at anywhere ?  This is one point you  must ponder on,  Has  goverment  given the residents  of GELEGELE to relocate or move that they never did ?  LET US KNOW THYE STRUCTURE OF NIGERIA  before we  proceed .  So tell me who is threatening to kill the people of GELEGELE ?  Let us  look at the recent one  and forget about Itshekiri issue   to see if  you ALJ HAREM  makes sense   or  not,  Bro   you should  be ashamed  of  your self.  You think you are dealing  with one dumb.  All your words  are  rhetoric of HATE ON THE IJAW,  you stupidly lie or  spew out of ignorance and delight in what you say.  YES you wish  the BINIS  GO TO GELEGELE and kill the IJAWS AND  YOu  ll cry blood  if the IJAWS  successfully defend  themselves  if  that attack takes  place,   You are a silly  nasty tribalist  and guess what, It is  your tribalism that made us  remove the federal capital from Lagos  to ABUJA,    The same tribalism  is making you  think Nigeria   does not have a constitution, How many  times have you Yorubas  tried to take back your seized  ILLORIN  from the Fulanis  ? MENTION one  VILLAGE  OF ILAJE, YORUBA, ITSHEKIRI  that the IJAWS  FORCEFULLY occupied,  , what  would you see  or say of  an IGBO settlement  deep in Yoruba  enclave ?  From the arrangement of settlements   at the COAST of EDO, DELTA and  parts of Ondo   CAN'T  you see  IJAW villages  are  completely scattered all over  the  place   obviously  proving  IJAWS  are the natives,  Did  ITSHEKIRI  not write in their history that  a part of them came from  IGBIRA or Nupe and a part came from Bini while another part came from Yoruba,  if thats the case  does it not make sense that  ITSHEKIRI is a politacl arrangement and not a tribe   that settled  in the IJAW town of  SEIKIRI ( Evil forest )  Don't  you know that  Ganuwa the Bini prince  that started  or founded  the OLu dynasty  went to settle among a people ( Those people were who ? )  You may never want to answer,  They were Ijaws. Ijaws  have always allowed strangers  to dwell among them  because Ijaws were never territorial,   If you  do not want to be neutral and reasonable   you better KNOW   We  are READY  to play ball  no matter what kind of ball  ,  This is not the era   of AWOLOWO when Ijaws were deprived  of education, schools and   every thing,  Now  at least  some of us  have gone to school, learned  enough to know and  very much ready  to FIGHT BACK,

can you see how you hate and lies have blinded you from the truth

1. First of all, I am not yoruba or awori or what ever

2. Awolowo gave every single person free education even arogbo and apoi ijaw. You should go read about Sowere the owner of Sahara Reporter, He is apoi Ijaw from Ondo state and claimed he benefited from Awolowo free education

[b]Also at the occasion, which took place at the National Arts Theatre in Lagos the Ijaw Monitoring Group presented an award to the matriarch of the Awolowo dynasty, Dr Mrs HID Awolowo.

Mr Bruce  described Pa Awolowo as “a great Nigerian and a great patriot, whose reign as the Federal Commissioner of Finance was devoid of any external debt.”

He also described the recent  endorsement of  President Jonathan’s presidential ambition  by Yeye HID Awolowo as “the greatest thing that can happen to Jonathan’s candidature,  just about four weeks to the elections.“

Comrade Evah  commended the sage  for his vision, which has become a reference point in the development of Nigeria , “ even when he was not elected as president.

He said further that, the economic and educational vision of Chief Awolowo had sustained Nigeria to its present state and prayed that the Lord should allow that vision to continue in Jonathan.

[size=14pt]Evah particularly commended the free education policy that was introduced by the former Premier of Western Region  which according to him “helped  several  thousands of Niger Deltans.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/community-news/18603-ijaw-people-invoke-awos-spirit

this is just One would of thousands of Ijaws in the western region. Go read Mrs mogaji and Sowere (Apoi)

this is an ijaw from delta state just an example U bloody lier[/size]”

this are other links of other ijaws

http://www.nigerdeltacongress.com/articles/awolowos_peoples_republic.htm

[/b]

3. Stop playing the victim mentality. No one hates the Ijaws. Ijaws hate everyone. Maybe you need to read with Dokubo wrote of igbos and yorubas

within the last 2 years Ijaws have fought with Ibibios, Aworis, ilaje, itsekiri, Ikwerre, Ogonis, Urhobo and binis

is this normal ? I ask

4. Fulani conquered Illorin and not kwara. Get your facts right and stop posting thrash

5. You said Bini controlled the Ijaws, only to lie again and say gelegele was not a Bini territory

6. May be you need to read of itsekiris begging the ijaws while you claim their land is a conquered territory at kpokpo near warri

However, some Gbaramatu Ijaws, who spoke to newsmen, yesterday, maintained that the land now belongs to them, insisting that some Itsekiri boys came to pull down the staff quarters they were erecting on the land.

[size=13pt]Vanguard learnt that the Itsekiri owners were told by their Ijaw neighbours, that Kpokpo was a now conquered territory. [/size]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/tension-in-delta-as-ijaw-plans-to-build-on-razed-itsekiri-villages/
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 28, 2011
Physics QED  

An empire is not a Nation, the ruler of a Nation rules over other nation to be form the empire. The citizens  of the nation ruled over could be part of the empire to strengthen  the army for further expansion, The Beniin empire  was  like that, Citizens of the conquered surrounding nations  like ISHAN, ANIOMA AND IJAW  were drafted in to the army for further expansion, That is how an Empire becomes strong. LAGOS, Ishan, Anioma  including  Ogba Egbema in Todays  Rivers  state were part of the  Benin empire. And so Towns   or settlements  like Uromi, Agbor, Asaba, GeleGele, Eko, Omoku, Aboh , OgwachiUku were all non Edo settlements under the Benin empire, So when they say  ancient  Benin empire sea port  they are not saying ancient Edo  sea port, Stop being an illiterate,  Alexandria  in Egypt was an ancient Roman  empire sea  port. Nigeria was part of the British empire.  GeleGele is an Ijaw town under  the ancient Benin empire,  LEARN ENGLISH,

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (27) (Reply)

SARS Officer Smoking In Port-Harcourt During Election While On Duty. Photos / Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola / Obaseki To Demolish Tony Kabaka's Hotel In 7 Days. Kabaka Dares Him (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.