Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,271 members, 7,818,930 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State - Politics (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State (51574 Views)

The Proposed Gelegele Seaport In Edo State / POLLS: Ijaws Table Jonathan’s Re-election Before Amasiekumor Deity -(PIC) / CAN President, Oritsejafor, Admits Ownership Of Cash-stacked Jet Seized In S.Afr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Nobody: 5:26am On Sep 29, 2011
TPIA can you explain what this means- just curious.

They all say we Ijaws are slaves so I was admitting that A slave is the president now which they never all thought would happen,
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Nobody: 5:31am On Sep 29, 2011
KPOGEDE77 says If you get to Itsekiri communities, you will know that Ijaws are suffering. How many Ijaw community can you compare to Warri. Can you compare Yenagoa that has no drinkable water to Warri?

I want to prove that Killayut is a fool here.
Killayut, Where is Gelegele?
What is the distance between Gelegele and Ughoton(a pure Beni settlement)?
After Gelegele, what is the name of the next village allong the creek and who are the inhabitants?
What is the distance betweeen Gelegele and Ekewan
What is the name of the river that passes through Ekewan down to Gelegele to Ofunama to Ogheye?

GEJ was dilivered by all of us, Ijaw gave him less than 500,000 votes, if you use GEJ as a yard stick to measure your sucess then you are a looser. Ijaws are suffering more in GEJ government than any other government.
If you can answer the above question correctly then I will know that you know the road to Gelegele but I am sure that you dont know Gelegele.

Ok this man is a baby, WARRI remains an Ijaw town and Ijaws remain land owners at SIZABLE part of WARRI, WARRI was like it is when Yenagoa was just a hamlet , At this time Yenagoa has a university while WARRI is yet to have one, Efurun is not WARRI, Yenagoa is the fastest growing city in Nigeria unless you have never been there, I compared just to let you know Yenagoa is sprawling but you must how ever know that WARRI remains an Ijaw city .

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Nobody: 5:37am On Sep 29, 2011
Chyz said We need to know your answer.

I thought I was arguing with learned matured people, I wasted my time with these uneducated unaware goats, They do not even know the geography of Nigeria, I will never teach them that, Chyz go get google earth and learn more geography of Nigeria,
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by udezue(m): 5:56am On Sep 29, 2011
Answer the question. EWU!

GEJ became President because southerners and MB voted for him. He didn't get there due to some magical Ijo power. If we didn't want him he wouldn't be there. If Igbos didn't give him the block vote he needed from atleast one majority group ur tiny ass Ijo population couldn't have produced enough votes. If Calabar Ppl chose to not vote for him he wouldn't have won. Point is that we are the King Makers not you.

Why do u have all English names yet claim to not be descendants of slaves? Being a descendant of a slave doesn't mean u are a slave. We are simply putting you in your place. U need to first know who u are before telling ppl who they are or where they come from. Most slaves and their descendants are found close to the ocean or coastal cities across Africa so I suspect u are nothing but a slave descendant. U should be thankful we got GEJ. He is doing quite well for Igbos.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Abagworo(m): 6:09am On Sep 29, 2011
udezue:

Answer the question. EWU!

GEJ became President because southerners and MB voted for him. He didn't get there due to some magical Ijo power. If we didn't want him he wouldn't be there. If Igbos didn't give him the block vote he needed from atleast one majority group your tiny Bottom Ijo population couldn't have produced enough votes. If Calabar Ppl chose to not vote for him he wouldn't have won. Point is that we are the King Makers not you.

Why do u have all English names yet claim to not be descendants of slaves? Being a descendant of a slave doesn't mean u are a slave. We are simply putting you in your place. U need to first know who u are before telling ppl who they are or where they come from. Most slaves and their descendants are found close to the ocean or coastal cities across Africa so I suspect u are nothing but a slave descendant. U should be thankful we got GEJ. He is doing quite well for Igbos.

Nwanne,I do not think it is right for you to call your fellow blackman a slave moreso when your Grandfathers were slave traders.If I were the one,I would feel guilty.

The killayut guy might be a teenager who knows little about his history.Another possibility is that he may actually be pure Ijaw under the camouflage of being a Kalabari man.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by kpogede77: 6:13am On Sep 29, 2011
@ Killayut
I am happy you agreed that Yenagoa cannot be compared to Warri city even in the next 100 years.
It is obvious that you don't understand the city of Warri. Let me educate you about Warri.  Ijaws did not claim to have any land in Warri city which is Warri south LG. Even their Ijaw quarter, Ogbijaw is in Warri south-west which is the riverine  part. If you know any Ijaw community in Warri city mention it and the location.
Ugborodo- the richest community in Nigeria is better than Yenagoa
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Chyz2: 6:49am On Sep 29, 2011
killayut:

I thought I was arguing with learned matured people, I wasted my time with these uneducated unaware goats, They do not even know the geography of Nigeria, I will never teach them that, Chyz go get google earth and learn more geography of Nigeria,

Like i thought You are yet to engage we Igbos in a meaningful discussion on this thread. You and your people's inferiority complex towards Ndigbo is arlarming. I dont know whether to laugh or feel sad for you.

Map of nigeria. GO figure:

Please go to school and you yourself learn the geography of Nigeria because obviously you dont know squat. You not knowing that you must past Ogun State before you get to Lagos from Ondo is not shocking coming from an Ijaw fisherman. undecided
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Chyz2: 7:04am On Sep 29, 2011
killayut:

Ok this man is a baby,   WARRI  remains an Ijaw  town and  Ijaws  remain land owners  at  SIZABLE  part of WARRI,  WARRI  was  like it is when Yenagoa was just a  hamlet ,  At this time  Yenagoa  has a university  while WARRI is yet to have one,  Efurun is not WARRI,  Yenagoa is the fastest  growing city in Nigeria unless you have never been there,  I compared   just to let you know Yenagoa is sprawling  but  you must how ever know that WARRI  remains an Ijaw  city .

Warri was never and will never be ijaw territory. Go try and make wahala with Urhobo. They go come massacre you people again. Or should Itsekiri call the OPC again and pacify you people like before?

Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Chyz2: 7:07am On Sep 29, 2011
@ killeryut

^^^Look up. . .Other than in the figment of your imagination, ijaw land is in which Warri? You say ijaws are land owners in Warri, which tribe isn't,lol. Igbos own the most land/property in Abuja does that make it an "Igbo" town? Funny dude, please put doen you kai kai.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by aribisala0(m): 8:07am On Sep 29, 2011
I THINK THE MAP IS WRONG. I AM NOT AWARE OF OGUN STATE HAVING ANY TOWN ON THE ATLANTIC COAST.
the fact that you have to travel through ogun state to get to lagos state ( by road) proves nothing.
you also travel through aba to calabar from port harcourt.
of course i could be wrong and would like to learn the names of any towns or villages in ogun state that are on the atlantic coast
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by FACE(m): 8:30am On Sep 29, 2011
aribisala0:

I THINK THE MAP IS WRONG. I AM NOT AWARE OF OGUN STATE HAVING ANY TOWN ON THE ATLANTIC COAST.
the fact that you have to travel through ogun state to get to lagos state ( by road) proves nothing.
you also travel through aba to calabar from port harcourt.
of course i could be wrong and would like to learn the names of any towns or villages in ogun state that are on the atlantic coast

A portion of Ogun state is on the Atlantic coast.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by aribisala0(m): 8:33am On Sep 29, 2011
please do not say a portion can you name even ONE village
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by aribisala0(m): 8:39am On Sep 29, 2011
i happen to know that area quite well so i would like to learn something new today.
i repeat. to the best of my knowledge ogun state is entirely above(to the north of ) lagos state.
if you have any facts let us have them i.e. name ONE single village in ogun state that is on the coast of the atlantic

even abigi the waterside town is an inland lagoon area not on the atlantic and is not traversed when travelling to lagos from ondo state
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Onlytruth(m): 9:06am On Sep 29, 2011
Posted by: aribisala0

i happen to know that area quite well so i would like to learn something new today.
i repeat. to the best of my knowledge ogun state is entirely above(to the north of ) lagos state.
if you have any facts let us have them i.e. name ONE single village in ogun state that is on the coast of the atlantic

even abigi the waterside town is an inland lagoon area not on the atlantic and is not traversed when travelling to lagos from ondo state

What about Ajumo and Olokata towns (villages if you like), the are both by the coast.
According to Google map, Ogun state definitely has a coastline albeit not as big as Ondo's.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by aribisala0(m): 9:44am On Sep 29, 2011
please read my post carefully i did not say ogun state does not have a coastline. even benue state ,kogi state and kaduna states have coastlines. what i said is ogun state does not have a coast on the atlantic.
e.g. if you have ever been behind unilag or on the third mainland what you will observe is an extensive Lagoon coastline. this is NOT the Atlantic.
it is important to distinguish lagoons,BIGHTS or BAYS from the atlantic(OCEAN) they are not the same.
the coastline in ogun is INLAND extension of the lagos Lagoon.  i believe ajumo is in lagos state and is a lagoon village i don't know about olokota but i i know olokola which i think it is in ondo state and again is NOT on the atlantic.
i am not sure there is a place called olokota.
google must be mistaken
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by ow11(m): 9:50am On Sep 29, 2011
22 pages of insults and online bullying. Yet no one is volunteering bar PhysicsQED to rid the postulations of obvious myths. That is because we do not quite know the exact events and have no archeological digs to back up any tale that we vociferously espouse.

One day , our children will shudder at our intolerance and bigotry.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by aribisala0(m): 10:06am On Sep 29, 2011
no they will not shudder. i certainly do not shudder to learn that people once lived in caves. it is called progress which hopefully will be endless. we are NOT perfect
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Onlytruth(m): 10:20am On Sep 29, 2011
@aribisala

Take a close look at this map of the atlantic coastline, you would see that Ondo is to the right, Ogun to the middle and Lagos to the left. Unless the map is wrong, which I doubt.

Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Onlytruth(m): 10:22am On Sep 29, 2011
Note that the dotted lines - - - - are the state boundaries.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by ow11(m): 10:32am On Sep 29, 2011
aribisala0:

no they will not shudder. i certainly do not shudder to learn that people once lived in caves. it is called progress which hopefully will be endless. we are NOT perfect

They would just like you did (I hope) when you learnt about human sacrifice.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by hercules07: 10:42am On Sep 29, 2011
You have to give it to Killayut, he is taking on every tribe in Nigeria, na so Ijaw people stubborn? Why una come give us a dull guy as President.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by aribisala0(m): 10:52am On Sep 29, 2011
reply i have a lot of respect for google but i think there are several errors with this map .
olokota does not exist unless they mean olokonla.
olokonla is NOT an Atlantic Coastline but an inland coast just like the coastline at ebutte metta/ikorodu in lagos state.
the nigerian coastline except around badagry is not an unbroken stretch like you will find around togo benin or ghana. rather what we have is a system of creeks or lagoons and inland bights benin/biafra.
the google map seems to suggest otherwise.
regarding the dotted lines and state boundaries that is (Your assumption) which is fair and reasonable but not definite.
again i did NOT say ogun state has no coastline but it is inland not OCEAN
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by FACE(m): 10:54am On Sep 29, 2011
aribisala0:

please read my post carefully i did not say ogun state does not have a coastline. even benue state ,kogi state and kaduna states have coastlines. what i said is ogun state does not have a coast on the atlantic.
e.g. if you have ever been behind unilag or on the third mainland what you will observe is an extensive Lagoon coastline. this is NOT the Atlantic.
it is important to distinguish lagoons,BIGHTS or BAYS from the atlantic(OCEAN) they are not the same.
the coastline in ogun is INLAND extension of the lagos Lagoon.  i believe ajumo is in lagos state and is a lagoon village i don't know about olokota but i i know olokola which i think it is in ondo state and again is NOT on the atlantic.
i am not sure there is a place called olokota.
google must be mistaken

Bights, bays and lagoons do not happen in isolation as they are usually a part of a larger body of water from where they emanate.

The atlantic lagoon in Lagos cuts through Lagos and extends to Ogun from all maps of Nigeria I have seen. However, Ogun's own version of Lagos Island also exists  (note that LI is an island because it was cut off from mainland by the lagoon i.e surrounded by the atlantic lagoon and the main body of the ocean) .

I don't know if anybody lives there or if it is just swamp land, but all maps show that to be part of Ogun state. The area by the atlantic might be a mangrove forest for all I know, but that doesn't mean it's not part of Ogun state, which encloses Lagos on all sides minus Benin and the Atlantic.

The Atlantic littoral states in Nigeria are Lagos, Ogun, Ondo,  Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Cross River state.

To close this argument, bring forth a map that does not show Ogun to be on the Atlantic coast line. We cannot rely on your "I know Ogun very well", unless you are also saying that you undertook a mapping of Ogun state boundaries at some point.

By the way, coasts do not apply to rivers, but you could use shore for any body of water.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by aribisala0(m): 11:20am On Sep 29, 2011
too many words and it is not clear what your point is
my point is simple
lagos island(Since you bring it up) and other places bounded by the lagoon do NOT have a coast ON the ATLANTIC.
for example  UNILAG   ,THIRD MAINLAND BRIDGE , lagos island,oworonshoki, ebute metta, ijede,baiyeku  are definitely NOT on the Atlantic. they have lagoon coastlines on the LAGOS LAGOON.
a father and his son whilst related are NOT the same.
the lagos Lagoon IS NOT THE ATLANTIC OCEAN.
LITTORAL STATES has nothing to do with this discussion and is an attempt to confuse. IT DEFEATS YOUR ARGUMENT SINCE IT RELATES TO SHORES AND COASTS SO LET US LIVE LITTORAL OUT OF IT
if you know of any ogun towns on the atlantic coast

NAME THEM
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by aljharem3: 11:48am On Sep 29, 2011
aribisala0:

too many words and it is not clear what your point is
my point is simple
lagos island(Since you bring it up) and other places bounded by the lagoon do NOT have a coast ON the ATLANTIC.
for example  UNILAG   ,THIRD MAINLAND BRIDGE , lagos island,oworonshoki, ebute metta, ijede,baiyeku  are definitely NOT on the Atlantic. they have lagoon coastlines on the LAGOS LAGOON.
a father and his son whilst related are NOT the same.
the lagos Lagoon IS NOT THE ATLANTIC OCEAN.
LITTORAL STATES has nothing to do with this discussion and is an attempt to confuse. IT DEFEATS YOUR ARGUMENT SINCE IT RELATES TO SHORES AND COASTS SO LET US LIVE LITTORAL OUT OF IT
if you know of any ogun towns on the atlantic coast

NAME THEM

what are u talking about really

ogun waterside local government

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_msq27_sTXpwSN_uE4KkLA8iD2aiYOMI5PPvzXACNX0bb5DOZ[/img]

Ogun Waterside
`Ogun Waterside` is a Local Government Area in Ogun State, Nigeria. It is the only area of the state with a coastline on the Bight of Benin and also borders Lagos Lagoon. Its headquarters are in the town of Abigi at. It has an area of 1,000 km² and a population of 72,935 at the 2006 census

Ogun state

It is bounded in the west by Ijebu East Local Government, in the north and the east by Ondo State and in the south, by Lagos State and[b] Atlantic Ocean.[/b]

http://ogunstatebiz.tripod.com/adoodootalocalgovernment/id16.html

I mean the map is clear, or can't u see

Situated between Latitude 6.2°N and 7.8°N and Longitude 3.0°E and 5.0°E, the state covers a total land mass of 16,409.26 sqkm. Ogun State shares an international boundary with the Republic of Benin to the West and interstate boundaries with Oyo State to the north, Lagos and the Atlantic Ocean to the south and Ondo State to the east.

http://www.cometonigeria.com/search-by-region/south-west/ogun-state

this are from various sites and also go learn of ogun waterside local government
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by aljharem3: 11:50am On Sep 29, 2011
killayut:

ahhhhh izon

My brother, this ur hate big not be small grin grin grin

ain't we all nigerians again ? , what makes ijaws different from others

how did u get to lagos without passing through Ogun state ? BIG QUESTION
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by aribisala0(m): 11:52am On Sep 29, 2011
MY POSTS ARE CLEAR CAN'T YOU READ THEM

BIGHT OF BENIN IS NOT ENTIRELY ATLANTIC OCEAN.
LAGOS LAGOON IS PART OF BIGHT OF BENIN. IT IS NOT THE SAME THING AS ATLANTIC OCEAN. GOD!!!

DISREGARDING WHAT OGUN STATE MAY OR MAY NOT CLAIM. EVERYONE HAS A STRATEGIC INTEREST IN CLAIMING LITTORAL RIGHTS.

Abigi which i have already talked about above(Waterside LGA) is NOT on the atlantic.
again if you know of ANY even half a town on the atlantic in OGUN please TELL US
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by FACE(m): 12:03pm On Sep 29, 2011
So what body of water does the Marina face ? All the areas you mentioned are inland with lagoon shore line and have nothing to with the atlantic coastline or continental shelf, which is directly off Ogun state.

The lagoon starts from the mouth of Marina which faces the atlantic unless you are saying that the area opposit the marina is the lagoon. If you say it's the lagoon, by the same token Bar Beach through naval docks is also the lagoon because it's the same body of water off the coast of lagos island, stretching along by Apapa all the way to Badagry coast line. You do not understand what a lagoon means.

Yes, littoral states are relevant to this particular argument because Ogun state is a littoral state with atlantic shoreline. Even the FG included Ogun state in their case against littoral states, in which they sought supreme court's ruling as to the limits of their seaward boundary and you somehow know more than the FG ?

Show us a map that excludes Ogun from the atlantic coast line and I will concede this to you.

Do you know what ? Your mind is probably set and this is my last take on this unless you come up with facts which will make me acknowledge that you are correct.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by aljharem3: 12:04pm On Sep 29, 2011
aribisala0:

MY POSTS ARE CLEAR CAN'T YOU READ THEM

BIGHT OF BENIN IS NOT ENTIRELY ATLANTIC OCEAN.
LAGOS LAGOON IS PART OF BIGHT OF BENIN. IT IS NOT THE SAME THING AS ATLANTIC OCEAN. GOD!!!

Oh boy no call God here. It is not the matter of God at all. God Has done his best for giving you eyes, it is just the matter for you to see with it.

Don't argue about this, it is clear as day.

It borders the Atlantic ocean and lagos to the south

If you can not see that, it is no ones fault . Just google around to get more information or better still go to Ogun waterside local government and learn .

Haba.

Do you even know what a lagoon is ?
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by aribisala0(m): 12:22pm On Sep 29, 2011
no alhaji i do not know what a lagoon is tell me. i use google as a tool not the final word, i happen to to come from tht area so google cannot tell me what is outside my door. i asked you a VERY simple question name one town or village in ogun state that is on the atlantic ocean
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 29, 2011
Chyz said Look up. . .Other than in the figment of your imagination, ijaw land is in which Warri? You say ijaws are land owners in Warri, which tribe isn't,lol. Igbos own the most land/property in Abuja does that make it an "Igbo" town? Funny dude, please put doen you kai kai.

Illiteracy is a disease , I repeat Ijaws are land owners in warri and Igbos are not. I didnt mean property owners, I have heard of OGBE IJAW in WARRI which is the HQ of Warri South West LGA, Ogbe Ijaw I think is part of warri city, I also heard The warri GRA is owned by Ijaws, I am From Port Harcourt.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 29, 2011
Kpogede SAID Killayut
I am happy you agreed that Yenagoa cannot be compared to Warri city even in the next 100 years.
It is obvious that you don't understand the city of Warri. Let me educate you about Warri. Ijaws did not claim to have any land in Warri city which is Warri south LG. Even their Ijaw quarter, Ogbijaw is in Warri south-west which is the riverine part. If you know any Ijaw community in Warri city mention it and the location.
Ugborodo- the richest community in Nigeria is better than Yenagoa

Go to Bonny, Okrika, Buguma or Abonnema and weep for Ugborodo or die You ignorant beast, Those are all Ijaw towns you ll envy that have been rich even before Nigeria was formed, Your so caled warri has been what it is since 30 yrs ago while Yenagoa has transformed and still going, You foolishness blinded you so you could not see the changes of Yenagoa from a nothing to a sprawling well planned beautiful progressing city. Ogbe Ijaw is even going to be better than your Itshekiri quarter of Warri, Efururn has already over taken your Itshekiri quarter,

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (27) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release / Dino Melaye Shows His Ongoing School Project In Kogi State (photos / Nigerian Navy Officers Training In The Desert (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.