Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,453 members, 7,770,127 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:56 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (976123 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:57pm On Mar 09, 2012
soft-touch:

I would like to thank everyone on this thread for all your contributions.

I finally got[b] UK Visa for myself, my wife and 3 kids (5 of us) on our first attempt with information gathered from this thread[/b]. I have read everything posted here which guided me toward my application. It all look very simple.

I wish everyone good luck just as mine.

Congrat!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:06pm On Mar 09, 2012
oraclefemi:

Justwise thank you so much, he is going to use the company's tax clearance ,what other document does the company need to give him since he is sponsoring himself? he is thinking of having his secretary write an introduction using the company's letter stating that he is a director and he is going on leave and that he would be sponsoring himself ? then also he has huge cash lodgements into his accounts and also withdrawals(oil tankers) but the current balance is around 1m will he have to explain these transactions?

The secretary writing a letter will not make much different if he can't back it up with paper evidences. As a director, he should be able to provide certificate of ownership, tax clearance, personal bank accounts AND company's bank account, if its joint ownership then he needs written consent of others involved.

There is no need for letter of introduction IF he can provide all the papers that will prove his ownership and financial strenght. lodging huge sum of money into his account without any evidence where the money came from will backfire on his chances of getting a visa.

You can't give yourself letter of introduction. . . his secretary writting is the same as him promoting himself.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:17pm On Mar 09, 2012
ola4yinka:

@Vicjustice and Adebyte, i'm a civil servant on N70k salary, have 110k in my salary accnt, 80k in co-operative accnt, close to 200k in my pension fund accnt, have a plot of land, married with a kid, an NGO i work for wants to sponsor me on a conference/seminar, the NGO is covering my flight, hotel, seminar fees, what are my chances?, thanks

Your chances will depend on how recognised or big the NGO is, they have give you all the papers but you still need to president your own bank statements, your marriage certificate and family pictures( it may sound silly but you still need to show strong tie to Nigeria)

The NGO has to book and pay for your hotel accommodation, letter that will give brief detail of the conference/seminar then their bank statement. If its one of those international NGOs then there is no need for bank statement because their status will speak for them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 8:45pm On Mar 09, 2012
@soft-touch
Congratulations. Hope u enjoy ur stay in uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by geeez: 9:11pm On Mar 09, 2012
Hi guys

Great job you're doing here.

I currently work in a bank and I earn a little over half a million Nara monthly. I'm a family man with 3 kids but I intend to travel for the first time to the UK and I plan to be there as family visitor during my holiday. I plan to stay with my first cousin (my father's elder sister's son) who is a British citizen.

I plan to travel with my son who is just 6 years old and currently I have the folllowing documents:

1) Letter of introduction from my employer (though I'm just 7 months in my new office after working with another bank)
2) A letter from my HR stating that I pay my taxes under PAYE
3) My passport as well as that of my son
4) My marriage certificate
5) My printed pay slip
6) A letter of consent from my wife indicating that she is in support of the planned trip with my son

I plan to get the following from my cousin shortly:

1) A letter of invitation
2) Tenancy Agreement
3) A scanned page in his British passport

Since I plan to sponsor myself, I was just wondering if is necessary to include my cousin's pay slips. I would also like to know how early I should I apply for a visa if I have to travel early next month. Then the letters from my employer was issued last week. Will it still be 'current' if I have to use it in the next 2 - 3 weeks? Would I also need to include my letter of employment, confirmation and resignation plus bank statements of my previous employer? When I left my previous employer, my account was in debit as a loan I had was paid into my current account. However, I've paid down the loan since December last year. I need to know if there's any other document I've missed out.

Thanks guys. You're doing such a great job
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 9:29pm On Mar 09, 2012
@geeez
I guess u r doing well regarding all d documents that u had listed above. I would suggest that to further show more relationship with ur boy as been the biological father, I will suggest that u include his birth certificate as well as yours. Also kindly include some picture of the boy and some family pictures. In as much as u have been working with ur current employer for more that six months, I
Will advise that u forget tendering any letter relating to ur previous employer. All u need are the documents that u already stated above. Ur 3 or 6 month bank statements showing funds.ur payslips and pls note that ur salary as shown in the payslip must correspond to ur deposits in ur account unless u have other source of income which u must also be able to show evidence of such funds. On the letter of introduction from ur office stating ur employment with them, I will advise that u
Make sure that it is recently dated and that will elude any suspicion. Since u r sponsoring ur self, ur cousin may not need to send his payslip but if he has them, there is no crime including it in ur application as well his his bank statement because these further prove evidence of what has been filled on the form because if u look at the form very well, u were ask about ur cousin's employment in the uk. And lastly if u are trvelling early next month, the best time to apply is now.I wish u all the very best in ur visa application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by softtouch2(m): 9:36pm On Mar 09, 2012
geeez:

Hi guys

Great job you're doing here.

I currently work in a bank and I earn a little over half a million Nara monthly. I'm a family man with 3 kids but I intend to travel for the first time to the UK and I plan to be there as family visitor during my holiday. I plan to stay with my first cousin (my father's elder sister's son) who is a British citizen.

I plan to travel with my son who is just 6 years old and currently I have the folllowing documents:

1) Letter of introduction from my employer (though I'm just 7 months in my new office after working with another bank)
2) A letter from my HR stating that I pay my taxes under PAYE
3) My passport as well as that of my son
4) My marriage certificate
5) My printed pay slip
6) A letter of consent from my wife indicating that she is in support of the planned trip with my son

I plan to get the following from my cousin shortly:

1) A letter of invitation
2) Tenancy Agreement
3) A scanned page in his British passport

Since I plan to sponsor myself, I was just wondering if is necessary to include my cousin's pay slips. I would also like to know how early I should I apply for a visa if I have to travel early next month. Then the letters from my employer was issued last week. Will it still be 'current' if I have to use it in the next 2 - 3 weeks? Would I also need to include my letter of employment, confirmation and resignation plus bank statements of my previous employer? When I left my previous employer, my account was in debit as a loan I had was paid into my current account. However, I've paid down the loan since December last year. I need to know if there's any other document I've missed out.

Thanks guys. You're doing such a great job

1. You may need to include your Tax Clearance Certificate too. Even if it shows on ur HR pay Slip, I think it is necessary you include your last Tax-Clearance that is available.
2. You need to start as early as possible, From Feb 15th, mine took only 14days for the result, that is it was ready by 29th Feb.  I was at VFS office on Thursday 7th Mar, the crowd was overwhelming. So, stitch in time saves nine!
3. Your bank statement and pay-slip should be from the past 6 months.

Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by geeez: 9:51pm On Mar 09, 2012
Thanks Adebyte and Soft Touch. My birth certificate is still intact and will include as advised alongside my son's. Unfortunately, I don't have a tax certificate yet but my HR did a letter to that effect (separate from the letter of introduction).

One last thing. I have downloaded the forms online. Should I just fill them and go straight to the VFS office or I have to book an appointment?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by softtouch2(m): 9:54pm On Mar 09, 2012
geeez:

Thanks Adebyte and Soft Touch. My birth certificate is still intact and will include as advised alongside my son's. Unfortunately, I don't have a tax certificate yet but my HR did a letter to that effect (separate from the letter of introduction).

One last thing. I have downloaded the forms online. Should I just fill them and go straight to the VFS office or I have to book an appointment?

Fill it and go to VFS Office.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by geeez: 10:10pm On Mar 09, 2012
Thanks bro
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ola4yinka(m): 7:54am On Mar 10, 2012
@Justwise, thanks a lot, yes i'm planning on including my bank statement, marriage cert n family pictures, another thing is, i'm on a N70k salary n my acccounts reads N110, hope it won't be questioned?, cos i don't withdraw d whole salary @ d end of d mnth,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mbm: 10:13am On Mar 10, 2012
Please, is there any person here who submitted his visa application either for renewal or not since last week that has heard from UK embassy?
Today is the 8th day after I submitted my application, and my status is still on Your visa application has been forwarded to British High Commission.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 11:53am On Mar 10, 2012
@mbn
Why are u so anxious. Visa issuance for new application takes longer than expected.just 8 days and u r so worried. U don't expect VFS to renem ur visa. The status as read is correct ,d so stop bothering urself
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by muumuu(m): 7:42pm On Mar 10, 2012
Valid international passport.
*Six months bank statement-try to avoid lump deposit of money.
*Photocopies of the applicant's I.D card-school id, work id,nysc id, etc.
*Covering letter from the bank confirming the authenticity of the bank statement.
*Letter of identification from employer or from applicant's university or school.
*Letter of annual leave or vacation or 'permission to travel' from employer or applicant's school.
*Tax clearance certificate of the applicant or that of the sponsor.
*Invitation letter from relative in UK clearly stating his home address and telephone number, nature of relationship to applicant, purpose of the visit, etc.
*Coloured copy of sponsor's biodata passport page.
*Utility bills of the sponsor or applicants <not really necccessary though.
*Mortgage or tenancy deeds of sponsor
*Six months payslips of sponsor
*Property deeds of the applicant (if the applicant is a dependant, he should attach the property deeds of his parents)
*CSCS share certificates (i cant remember what it is called, but the pdocument from CSCS listing all the stocks and their value that an individual has in the Nigerian Stock Market)
*Any other financial document- bonds, fixed deposits,

my mum doesnt have a passpot,can i use her work id?pl,what do yew mmean by lump deposit of money cus all she has in her accnt is half a milli@moderator,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SirP1: 8:40pm On Mar 10, 2012
@justwise and others, I need to ask a question. My mum 'n' and dad are planning to apply for a tourist visitors visa by November(i know that's far but they wanna get info and plan ahead), My mum has a personal acct and should have about 3million + then (makes b/w 400 - 500k monthly). My dad will have about 500k in his acct then and he has shares worth about 4million, Can they submit the two bank statements alone Or they must submit a business/coy bank statement? The prob is they pay staff and other bills from the coy acct so it goes high during the month and low towards the end of the month when staffs are paid, What do you think, will the personal statements suffice?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:00pm On Mar 10, 2012
Sir P!:

@justwise and others, I need to ask a question. My mum 'n' and dad are planning to apply for a tourist visitors visa by November(i know that's far but they wanna get info and plan ahead), My mum has a personal acct and should have about 3million + then (makes b/w 400 - 500k monthly). My dad will have about 500k in his acct then and he has shares worth about 4million, Can they submit the two bank statements alone Or they must submit a business/coy bank statement? The prob is they pay staff and other bills from the coy acct so it goes high during the month and low towards the end of the month when staffs are paid, What do you think, will the personal statements suffice?

They can submit both bank statements, it shows that they can afford the trip AND also pay their staff with any financial problem, the in-flow and out-flow of cash is normal, nothing to worry about there.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SirP1: 9:03pm On Mar 10, 2012
@justwise Ok, thanks for the prompt response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:07pm On Mar 10, 2012
Sir P!:

@justwise Ok, thanks for the prompt response

No worries, keep an eye on Uk immigration updates/changes before they apply so as to reflect any change that may come up
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SirP1: 8:38am On Mar 11, 2012
@justwise one more question, i read it here that the amount you claim to be earning monthly must correspond with the amount in your account.. As you know, in a self employed biz the money earned is not fixed so it could be higher or lower than what is quoted in the form. My question now is - must the money in the acct be EXACTLY what you say you earn or can it be higher or lower occasionally.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:09am On Mar 11, 2012
Sir P!:
@justwise one more question, i read it here that the amount you claim to be earning monthly must correspond with the amount in your account.. As you know, in a self employed biz the money earned is not fixed so it could be higher or lower than what is quoted in the form. My question now is - must the money in the acct be EXACTLY what you say you earn or can it be higher or lower occasionally.

Its different in the case of self-employed cos there is no fixed monthly income, sometimes it could be high and sometimes low but if you are employed by a company your salary is fixed and your monthly or yearly income will be fixed as well.

For self-employed. . .your tax clearance matters alot as you are required to show that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SirP1: 11:15am On Mar 11, 2012
@justwise Ok, so on the application form what should be written as monthly income?? As regards the tax clearance they each have and pay the amt required for people who own a school / hotel or hospital..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:52am On Mar 11, 2012
Sir P!:
@justwise Ok, so on the application form what should be written as monthly income?? As regards the tax clearance they each have and pay the amt required for people who own a school / hotel or hospital..

You will write the current month balance as shown in the bank statement while you make a side note stating that monthly balance varies.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SirP1: 11:56am On Mar 11, 2012
@juswise OK . Thanks smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:10pm On Mar 11, 2012
Sir P!:
@juswise OK . Thanks smiley
Don't forget to ask questions here when they are about to apply so as to clear any issue that you not sure about.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SirP1: 1:19pm On Mar 11, 2012
@justwise I'll definitely do that, Cheers!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SirP1: 1:20pm On Mar 11, 2012
@justwise I'll definitely do that, Cheers!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ThinkRait: 7:26pm On Mar 11, 2012
Hello Justwise and ADEGBYTE,

You guys (and indeed everyone on this thread) are doing a great job. Welldone

I completed an online application for a General Visitor visa (my first visa application) some days ago and scheduled a visa appointment for the last week of March. Please I need your opinion on some concerns

1). I earn about 150k monthly (after tax) but my annual gross pay is about 3 million (I get a lumpsum payment of about 800k once in a year). I however receive extra bonuses and allowances of up to 600k. When completing the online application, i used the 150k figure as that is what i get regularly... hope this won't be an issue?

2). I intend travelling to the UK to attend my graduation ceremony ( i did one of these online degree programmes) and this coincides with my annual leave. The letter of intro I got from my employer only states that I should be on leave during the period I intend travelling. I don't intend spending up to a week in the UK cos I have some other special plans for my annual leave. I wrote in my application that my main reason for travelling is to attend my graduation.
Hope this won't affect my chances?

3). I made an hotel reservation and I got a confirmation email, I was however requested to pay for one nights accommodation. Though, I have a dollar mastercard, I couldn't pay with it as I didn't trust the payment process so I gave a friend my reservation details and he went to the hotel and paid cash for 3 nights.
The confirmation email I later got states clearly that I paid cash.
Hope this is not an issue?

4). I lent out about 400k to a sibling since August last year and he paid back about two weeks ago. This led to about 25% rise in my balance. I hope this won't be misinterpreted?

Your advise is needed so I can put measures in place to ensure the outcome of the visa interview will be positive.

Thanks.

Has British embassy in Nigeria started accepting online visa application? British embassy hardly conduct interviews for visa applicants, its normally paper based decision.

Can you list all documents you tend to submit? Please check very well about the online form you completed, i'm not sure BHC has started online visa application for Nigerians.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by toolegit: 11:19am On Mar 12, 2012
Just wise, and others, please I need your advise. I applied for uk visa and was refused. According to the ECO, "why the choice of Stevenage and you didn't list where you intend to visit during your stay in uk". I chose an hotel in Stevenage, as the hotel I will stay in uk. I did not have any previous traveling experience, this is my second application and refusal the first was based on insufficient fund even though I had suffient a/c balance, I submitted two bank statements only one was considered in arriving at decision as a result in my second application I made reference to this unjust refusal. This is the second refusal again!

Please I need your advise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:20am On Mar 12, 2012
[quote author=ThinkRait]Hello Justwise and ADEGBYTE,

You guys (and indeed everyone on this thread) are doing a great job. Welldone

I completed an online application for a General Visitor visa (my first visa application) some days ago and scheduled a visa appointment for the last week of March. Please I need your opinion on some concerns

1). I earn about 150k monthly (after tax) but my annual gross pay is about 3 million (I get a lumpsum payment of about 800k once in a year). I however receive extra bonuses and allowances of up to 600k. When completing the online application, i used the 150k figure as that is what i get regularly... hope this won't be an issue?

2). I intend travelling to the UK to attend my graduation ceremony ( i did one of these online degree programmes) and this coincides with my annual leave. The letter of intro I got from my employer only states that I should be on leave during the period I intend travelling. I don't intend spending up to a week in the UK cos I have some other special plans for my annual leave. I wrote in my application that my main reason for travelling is to attend my graduation.
Hope this won't affect my chances?

3). I made an hotel reservation and I got a confirmation email, I was however requested to pay for one nights accommodation. Though, I have a dollar mastercard, I couldn't pay with it as I didn't trust the payment process so I gave a friend my reservation details and he went to the hotel and paid cash for 3 nights.
The confirmation email I later got states clearly that I paid cash.
Hope this is not an issue?

4). I lent out about 400k to a sibling since August last year and he paid back about two weeks ago. This led to about 25% rise in my balance. I hope this won't be misinterpreted?

Your advise is needed so I can put measures in place to ensure the outcome of the visa interview will be positive.

Thanks.

Has British embassy in Nigeria started accepting online visa application? British embassy hardly conduct interviews for visa applicants, its normally paper based decision.

Can you list all documents you tend to submit? Please check very well about the online form you completed, i'm not sure BHC has started online visa application for Nigerians.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ThinkRait: 8:12pm On Mar 12, 2012
Has British embassy in Nigeria started accepting online visa application?

Yes they have. See links below

http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries/online/where/?langname=null

British embassy hardly conduct interviews for visa applicants, its normally paper based decision
My mistake. I scheduled an appointment thru the VFS website.

Can you list all documents you tend to submit?

Letter of intro from my employer
Letter of invitation (from the UK school )to attend the graduation ceremony
Statement of result I got from the school
Statement of account (salary account)
Reference letter from my bank.
six months payslip
Employment letter
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:52pm On Mar 12, 2012
ThinkRait:

Yes they have. See links below

http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries/online/where/?langname=null

My mistake. I scheduled an appointment thru the VFS website.

Letter of intro from my employer
Letter of invitation (from the UK school )to attend the graduation ceremony
Statement of result I got from the school
Statement of account (salary account)
Reference letter from my bank.
six months payslip
Employment letter
How about accommodation? You need to make hotel reservation for the duration of your stay in the Uk and pay for it, print the receipt and attach it to your visa application package.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (426)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.