Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,940 members, 7,835,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (983941 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kayeee4321: 7:35am On Jul 10, 2014
joxiri:

@kayeee4321
I suggest you use original documents you would only be making their decision to refuse you an easy one they categorically state originals
I know people whom have been reduced solely for using faxed documents
If u want to get visa play by the rules use original documents
And request they send it to you back in a covering letter
What does your bf need payslip for that he cnt use the copies
Trust me it certainly cnt be as important as getting a visa

3sha4lyf:
You are correct, but only to the extent that the original documents are for example readily available,etc.
I've seen two successful applicants use a scanned copy of invitation letter for graduation from an invitee's university. They stated it categorically in there cover letter that they've included scanned copy of iv letter to support their application.
Maybe the embassy requests for original docs because of the high tendency to forge docs in naija. I also think that the "Original documents requirements" is just their disclaimer in case they deny you based on their doubts. I guess if it's something they are in doubt of they can do further checks.
This said, I'm of the opinion that if @ kayeee4321 other docs are alright enough to make a decision, the photocopies may be inconsequential.
So in other words, clear photocopies or fax may be used if the original is unavailable. Preferable to use originals but if it's unavailable, do u kill ya sef? Noooooooo (lol)

isogee: please you can use photocopies/scan copies/ fax but it should be very clear and readable. some people makes thing looks as if they VO will overlook ur document when u submit photocopies. document from inland(nigeria) shd b original but document from outside naija can be original or photocopies....

@joxiri
@3sha4lyf
@isogee
thanks so much for all clarifications,very much appreciated winkthanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiobling: 10:23am On Jul 10, 2014
newbie2014:

Pls i need the Sheffied mail ..
tell us the latest friend

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by newbie2014: 8:10pm On Jul 10, 2014
curiobling: tell us the latest friend

na to wait o. nothing dey o.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiobling: 8:22pm On Jul 10, 2014
newbie2014:

na to wait o. nothing dey o.
nawao
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sheuk: 10:38am On Jul 11, 2014
Gurus in the house, Gud day all,
My family and i travelled sometimes in Nov 2013 ti UK, i spent 3 weeks with them and i left them in the UK with my sister anyway but thety ended up stayin for 9 weeks out of the 6 months visa issued to them. my 2 kids and my wife 6months each and i am on 2yrs multiple. all our visas expired now, we re all due for renewal, pls is there any implication for them staying for 9 weeks which was not wat they filled in the form b4 getting the visa pLS ADVICE URGENTLY!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Silverb(f): 12:43pm On Jul 11, 2014
Hello justwise and everyone else, I've been a silent reader of this thread, u guys are really doing a wonderful job. I applied for uk family visit visa for the first time on july 07 2014 at ikeja. I just got a mail now and am a bit confused about what it means. This is the mail I got Your application has been approved and the visa has been issued. We aim to return passports to the VAC within 2 working days. You can check the location of your passport at www.ukvac-ng.com.

This is an automated message - do not respond to this email address as incoming mail will not be answered.

***********************************************************************************
Visit http://www.gov.uk/fco for British foreign policy news and travel advice and http://blogs.fco.gov.uk to read our blogs.

This email (with any attachments) is intended for the attention of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender straight away before deleting the message without copying, distributing or disclosing its contents to any other person or organisation. Unauthorised use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted.
Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect the FCO's policy.
The FCO keeps and uses information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. Personal information may be released to other UK government departments and public authorities.
All messages sent and received by members of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and its missions overseas may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded in accordance with the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000.
***********************************************************************************
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:51pm On Jul 11, 2014
Silverb: Hello justwise and everyone else, I've been a silent reader of this thread, u guys are really doing a wonderful job. I applied for uk family visit visa for the first time on july 07 2014 at ikeja. I just got a mail now and am a bit confused about what it means. This is the mail I got Your application has been approved and the visa has been issued. We aim to return passports to the VAC within 2 working days. You can check the location of your passport at www.ukvac-ng.com.

This is an automated message - do not respond to this email address as incoming mail will not be answered.

Visit http://www.gov.uk/fco for British foreign policy news and travel advice and http://blogs.fco.gov.uk to read our blogs.

This email (with any attachments) is intended for the attention of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender straight away before deleting the message without copying, distributing or disclosing its contents to any other person or organisation. Unauthorised use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted.
Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect the FCO's policy.
The FCO keeps and uses information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. Personal information may be released to other UK government departments and public authorities.
All messages sent and received by members of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and its missions overseas may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded in accordance with the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000.

Your visa is ready for collection, you can visit visa center on Monday to pick up your passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:53pm On Jul 11, 2014
sheuk: Gurus in the house, Gud day all,
My family and i travelled sometimes in Nov 2013 ti UK, i spent 3 weeks with them and i left them in the UK with my sister anyway but thety ended up stayin for 9 weeks out of the 6 months visa issued to them. my 2 kids and my wife 6months each and i am on 2yrs multiple. all our visas expired now, we re all due for renewal, pls is there any implication for them staying for 9 weeks which was not wat they filled in the form b4 getting the visa pLS ADVICE URGENTLY!!!

That is possible, you can't rule it out.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by joxiri: 12:57pm On Jul 11, 2014
Silverb: Hello justwise and everyone else, I've been a silent reader of this thread, u guys are really doing a wonderful job. I applied for uk family visit visa for the first time on july 07 2014 at ikeja. I just got a mail now and am a bit confused about what it means. This is the mail I got Your application has been approved and the visa has been issued. We aim to return passports to the VAC within 2 working days. You can check the location of your passport at www.ukvac-ng.com.

@silverb
You applied on the 7th of july
And your visa is approved
You are rather very lucky oh that was very fast
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Silverb(f): 1:25pm On Jul 11, 2014
justwise:

Your visa is ready for collection, you can visit visa center on Monday to pick up your passport.
keeping my finger crossed then, I was already overjoyed think I have been given the visa. Thank you so much for your reply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Silverb(f): 1:27pm On Jul 11, 2014
joxiri:

@silverb
You applied on the 7th of july
And your visa is approved
You are rather very lucky oh that was very fast
I hope so too oh it was really fast, I'll be back to give my testimony.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sheuk: 1:41pm On Jul 11, 2014
Gurus in the house, Gud day all,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sheuk: 1:42pm On Jul 11, 2014
justwise!!! ur coments are nt cleared enuf oo pls explain for better clarity pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:46pm On Jul 11, 2014
sheuk: Gurus in the house, Gud day all,
They could be asked at POE why they stayed beyond the stated number of days in their previous visit, its possible because many have faced same problem in the past
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sheuk: 1:54pm On Jul 11, 2014
So wats ur advice here, dnt leave me with this issue,what did u think will be our response if it happens? i have stated in my form that we knw someone in Uk b4 applyin for dem
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:58pm On Jul 11, 2014
sheuk: So wats ur advice here, dnt leave me with this issue,what did u think will be our response if it happens? i have stated in my form that we knw someone in Uk b4 applyin for dem

When asked tell them what your family were doing in the UK for those extra days
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mamamor: 2:08pm On Jul 11, 2014
Please justwise I need your help I applied for UK general visitor visa last year with my 5 year old daughter.and I was refused the visa, with the following reasons.my aunt sent me an invite and I also made hotel reservation that I will stay with my aunt for a week and hotel for a week as well

That my account bal was low consequently to the time of application money start entering my account. And secondly I didn't give details of how I intend to spend my time why in the uk.and why in particular I choose UK for my holiday.so Dey belief I should have more details as per my intended place of holiday. That was it,

Please house I want to apply now dunno how to address the previous issues and if my aunt should send me another invite? Or if I need to present my company statement this time cause I used my personal savings account previously

Pls I need help on this as soon as possible
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by newbie2014: 2:24pm On Jul 11, 2014
I just tracked online and it says 'Processed passport is in Transit to the UK Visa Application Center'
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiobling: 3:45pm On Jul 11, 2014
newbie2014: I just tracked online and it says 'Processed passport is in Transit to the UK Visa Application Center'
their is something funny with this Lekki visa Application center imagine that guy applied on July 7th. Wisah you success my friend
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:05pm On Jul 11, 2014
mamamor: Please just wise I need your help I applied for UK general visitor visa last year with my 5 year old daughter.and I was refused the visa, with the following reasons.my aunt sent me an invite and I also made hotel reservation that I will stay with my aunt for a week and hotel for a week as well
That my account bal was low consequently to the time of application money start entering my account. And secondly I didn't give details of how I intend to spend my time why in the uk.and why in particular I choose UK for my holiday.so Dey belief I should have more details as per my intended place of holiday. That was it,
Please house I want to apply now dunno how to address the previous issues and if my aunt should send me another invite? Or if I need to present my company statement this time cause I used my personal savings account previously
Pls I need help on this as soon as possible
As the previous application was made last year, I suppose that invitation letter is now invalid so, you would need a new invitation from your aunt,
You can not use your company's account if the trip has got nothing to do with the company.
You query has been addressed here:
https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by newbie2014: 4:05pm On Jul 11, 2014
curiobling: their is something funny with this Lekki visa Application center imagine that guy applied on July 7th. Wisah you success my friend

when did u submit yours ? and have u tracked it today ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 11, 2014
Please help good people! I requested for a refund for my visa application...can i make another application with the same information while i await refund?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mamamor: 4:32pm On Jul 11, 2014
Vicjustice:
As the previous application was made last year, I suppose that invitation letter is now invalid so, you would need a new invitation from your aunt,
You can not use your company's account if the trip has got nothing to do with the company

This time I was thinking to leave my aunt of it dunno if it's a good idea bus I stated she is a family friend on my previous application,this time I was thinking to say I had intended to do shopping for my fashion shop why in the uk and also show my daughter around places of interest.

Please those dis makes sense?

Below are the documents I intend to present

Spouse data page
Marriage certificate
Consent letter from my husband
Letter from my daughters school
Marriage pictures
Business registration
Tax clearance
Proof of property
Pictures of places to show my daughter
Hotel reservation
Flirt reservation
Child birth certificate
Company bank statement

I was thinking since Dey complained about irregularity in my savings account,so that's I tut of using the business account this time.

Also bus Dey said I didn't state what I will be doing in the UK. I was thinking to say now I intend to do shopping for my fashion store

Please I need help plsssssssssssss
My daughter vacates next week I will love for us to apply so we can travel during school break

Please let me know if what have explained made sense please i need ADVICE
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiobling: 5:37pm On Jul 11, 2014
newbie2014:

when did u submit yours ? and have u tracked it today ?
20th days of June
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiobling: 5:42pm On Jul 11, 2014
members of the honourable house, if IKAC/blabla/ stands for Ikeja Application Centre then what VIAB/blabla/ stands for?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 5:48pm On Jul 11, 2014
curiobling: members of the honourable house, if IKAC/blabla/ stands for Ikeja Application Centre then what VIAB/blabla/ stands for?

Victoria Island
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiobling: 6:08pm On Jul 11, 2014
spikesC:

Victoria Island
thanks. What about the AB hence VI for VIctoria Island so AB for what? cant decode it yet
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 6:24pm On Jul 11, 2014
curiobling: thanks. What about the AB hence VI for VIctoria Island so AB for what? cant decode it yet
Application Bla bla grin grin grin

I wonder what you gon' do with it cheesy

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by newbie2014: 6:33pm On Jul 11, 2014
spikesC:
Application Bla bla grin grin grin

I wonder what you gon' do with it cheesy

You got me cracked up lol
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiobling: 6:41pm On Jul 11, 2014
curiobling: members of the honourable house, if IKAC/blabla/ stands for Ikeja Application Centre then what VIAB/blabla/ stands for?
justwise pls help our ignorance up in here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 11, 2014
fairyLady: Please help good people! I requested for a refund for my visa application...can i make another application with the same information while i await refund?
please any1?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:21pm On Jul 11, 2014
fairyLady: Please help good people! I requested for a refund for my visa application...can i make another application with the same information while i await refund?

Why did you ask for refund?

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.