Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980838 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 11, 2014
justwise:
Why did you ask for refund?
noticed some errors on the tier4 section of the print out. My scholarshp is full tuition and the amount i typed in was half the tuition. I explained all this in the reason for refund though, no respone whatsoeva yet
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:49pm On Jul 11, 2014
mamamor:
This time I was thinking to leave my aunt of it dunno if it's a good idea bus I stated she is a family friend on my previous application,this time I was thinking to say I had intended to do shopping for my fashion shop why in the uk and also show my daughter around places of interest.
Please those dis makes sense?
Below are the documents I intend to present
Spouse data page
Marriage certificate
Consent letter from my husband
Letter from my daughters school
Marriage pictures
Business registration
Tax clearance
Proof of property
Pictures of places to show my daughter
Hotel reservation
Flirt reservation
Child birth certificate
Company bank statement
I was thinking since Dey complained about irregularity in my savings account,so that's I tut of using the business account this time.
Also bus Dey said I didn't state what I will be doing in the UK. I was thinking to say now I intend to do shopping for my fashion store
Please I need help plsssssssssssss
My daughter vacates next week I will love for us to apply so we can travel during school break
Please let me know if what have explained made sense please i need ADVICE
You seemingly ignored the link that i provided in my earlier post and you want me to re-narrate what i nave already narrated in the article.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:57pm On Jul 11, 2014
fairyLady:
noticed some errors on the tier4 section of the print out. My scholarshp is full tuition and the amount i typed in was half the tuition. I explained all this in the reason for refund though, no respone whatsoeva yet

I don't get it, you applied before and got refused? And you are reapplying now?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by newbie2014: 7:59pm On Jul 11, 2014
I checked right now and it says shocked Your application is ready for collection; please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by newbie2014: 8:00pm On Jul 11, 2014
Something just told me to check again. As I was just playing about online grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiobling: 8:11pm On Jul 11, 2014
newbie2014: I checked right now and it says shocked Your application is ready for collection; please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same.
they better issue your visa or else...@least yur fate will be known on Monday.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by newbie2014: 8:13pm On Jul 11, 2014
curiobling: they better issue your visa or else...@least yur fate will be known on Monday.

Have U tracked urs ? I submitted 2 days before you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiobling: 8:15pm On Jul 11, 2014
my insticnt told me that VFS is the brain behind late release of visa processed information as treatment for those of us that too smart to pay NGN400 sms fee. Am i making sense
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiobling: 8:28pm On Jul 11, 2014
[quote author=newbie2014]

Have U tracked urs ? I submitted 2 days before you. [/quote yes i did no show. Yours was 18th wednesday i see
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by newbie2014: 8:31pm On Jul 11, 2014
[quote author=curiobling][/quote]

I have no idea lol. I paid though.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 11, 2014
justwise:

I don't get it, you applied before and got refused? And you are reapplying now?
no o. I applied for a refund, and explained y i am requesting for a refund and stated that i'll be re-applyin once i'm refunded for the initial application with the errors
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:47pm On Jul 11, 2014
fairyLady:
no o. I applied for a refund, and explained y i am requesting for a refund and stated that i'll be re-applyin once i'm refunded for the initial application with the errors
How about you use the words; WITHDRAWAL / WITHDRAW / WITHDRAWN?
When you say REFUND, it would be understood that you are talking about the retrieval of your application fee etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mamamor: 5:49am On Jul 12, 2014
Vicjustice:
You seemingly ignored the link that i provided in my earlier post and you want me to re-narrate what i nave already narrated in the article.

I read the article it wasn't ignored I understand the consequence about using the company statement now

Just help me answer other questions pls
Like me living my aunt invite out of it this time
Mr reasons for visiting the UK now should be since its sales period I want to do shopping for my fashion shop and also show my daughter places of interest.

Please those this make sense plsssssssss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Daveicing: 6:49am On Jul 12, 2014
I wish to make a quick inquiry please.

I want to ask for an advice as regards my UK Visa renewal.

I currently have a 2yrs UK visa which will expire at the end of this month July 2014. My enqury is that i want to know ifI can proceed to request for a 10yrs UK visa at the expiration of my current UK visa.

I sent an email to visa.lagos@fco.gov.uk and the response they gave me is that every applicant is at liberty to request for any visa duration of their choice but it's at the descretion of the view officer to issue any duration he or she feels it's best for the applicant.

Kindly advice

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 6:53am On Jul 12, 2014
Vicjustice:
How about you use the words; WITHDRAWAL / WITHDRAW / WITHDRAWN?
When you say REFUND, it would be understood that you are talking about the retrieval of your application fee etc
i think thats what i'm sayin. Let me try to rephrase.
1. I submitted and paid online.
2. I withdrew the application and requested a refund.
3. I explained that i will be re-applyin once refunded.

Question is: can i make anoda application even thou they've not refunded the initial one?
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:28am On Jul 12, 2014
Daveicing: I wish to make a quick inquiry please.

I currently have a 2yrs UK visa which will expire at the end of this month July 2014. My enqury is that i want to know ifI can proceed to request for a 10yrs UK visa at the expiration of my current UK visa.

I sent an email to visa.lagos@fco.gov.uk and the response they gave me is that every applicant is at liberty to request for any visa duration of their choice but it's at the descretion of the view officer to issue any duration he or she feels it's best for the applicant.

Kindly advice

Why not 5yrs first before going for 10yrs?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by joxiri: 7:31am On Jul 12, 2014
Daveicing: I wish to make a quick inquiry please.

Kindly advice

Yes you can apply for 10 yrs but I will advise you to go for 5 1st
In order to get 10 you will need to have either a solid job in nigeria, maybe family in the uk and also a very good travel history
If you have those then you can very much go ahead

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:35am On Jul 12, 2014
fairyLady: i think thats what i'm sayin. Let me try to rephrase.
1. I submitted and paid online.
2. I withdrew the application and requested a refund.
3. I explained that i will be re-applyin once refunded.

Question is: can i make anoda application even thou they've not refunded the initial one?
Thanks

The only way to find out is to attempt then see if you will receive any error message at the process.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:38am On Jul 12, 2014
joxiri:

Yes you can apply for 10 yrs but I will advise you to go for 5 1st
In order to get 10 you will need to have either a solid job in nigeria, maybe family in the uk and also a very good travel history
If you have those then you can very much go ahead

That will not get you 10yrs visa, job in Nigeria does not mean you have to travel frequently and having family in the UK does not mean you have to visit monthly, they can visit Nigeria as well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Daveicing: 7:38am On Jul 12, 2014
justwise:
Why not 5yrs first before going for 10yrs?

The Difference in the Visa feess for 5 and 10yrs is just 50k my broda.... within the past 2 yrs, I have visited the UK for up to 4 times, and trust me i do frequent Paris every 2 months.... and I just feel it's wise to have a longer duration visa to put the issue of visa renewals to rest jare....

I was actually going to renew for 5yrs before i had a chat with my boss who got a 10yrs visa at the expiration of his 2yrs visa... So he was just advicing me that if i do not mind the difference in the visa fees, that i can always pay the difference of that 50k to have a 10yrs visa as against the 5yrs.

So my broda, i am only trying to be very careful even though i know it's makes a lots of sense when it comes to savings on the visa fees, with their new visa fees wey dem just increase for 6months, 1yr, 2yrs and 5yrs.... It is only the 10yrs visa fees wey dem no increase at all men.

These are my reason bro.. Simply Put... Wanna have a longer duration visa at a stretch and also have some savings on the visa fees.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:44am On Jul 12, 2014
Daveicing:

The Difference in the Visa feess for 5 and 10yrs is just 50k my broda.... within the past 2 yrs, I have visited the UK for up to 4 times, and trust me i do frequent Paris every 2 months.... and I just feel it's wise to have a longer duration visa to put the issue of visa renewals to rest jare....

I was actually going to renew for 5yrs before i had a chat with my boss who got a 10yrs visa at the expiration of his 2yrs visa... So he was just advicing me that if i do not mind the difference in the visa fees, that i can always pay the difference of that 50k to have a 10yrs visa as against the 5yrs.

So my broda, i am only trying to be very careful even though i know it's makes a lots of sense when it comes to savings on the visa fees, with their new visa fees wey dem just increase for 6months, 1yr, 2yrs and 5yrs.... It is only the 10yrs visa fees wey dem no increase at all men.

These are my reason bro.. Simply Put... Wanna have a longer duration visa at a stretch and also have some savings on the visa fees.

That travel history will hardly qualify you for 10yrs visa, if you are a business man who travels frequently to the UK then your request for 10yrs visa will have merit but traveling to the UK 2x a year on holiday will not stand out that much.

Though the cost issue you mentioned is true.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 8:41am On Jul 12, 2014
curiobling: my insticnt told me that VFS is the brain behind late release of visa processed information as treatment for those of us that too smart to pay NGN400 sms fee. Am i making sense

Not really true. Lol. Has nothing to do with your 400 bucks. It's even annoying if you paid 400 bucks and you get a free email from the embassy that ur stuff has been approved, but u r yet to receive SMS from vfs. Why pay for it then ? wink

Keep keeping faith. They better come out fair to u.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 8:59am On Jul 12, 2014
Daveicing:

When I said its possible to get 2yrs visit visa from naught, and even get 5 yrs visit visa after getting a first time visa to the uk and it's Tier 4 visa, some people on NL argued with me saying you have to go thru a sequence of 6mnths-2yrs-5yrs-10yrs routine. I'm glad ur boss showed u can get 10yrs even after 2 yrs.

The logic is that you should be able to prove that you will have very frequent travels in the nearest future and as such, it will be unreasonable and unfair for you to make another application pretty soon. Also, you should have an account, and/or a sort of business, as well as a travel history that can support that. While travel history is important, it's also notable that some people's travel changes as time goes on, due to increase in income, new business ventures, etc.

So assess urself and put your document right to support this. ONLY two things are possible if they decide to approve your application for [up to 10yrs] visa. ONE, they give you your full 10 yrs permit as requested, or TWO they give you a lower permit. And that's as long as you don't fall under general grounds for refusal.

You can only know if you try. There's nothing wrong with applying for 10yrs visa after ur 2yrs. If you can afford it, why not?!

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by exxy(m): 9:03am On Jul 12, 2014
house good morning, please are there schorlarships available for undergraduates studies in the uk.
pls i am new on tis thread
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 12, 2014
justwise: [/b]

The only way to find out is to attempt then see if you will receive any error message at the process.
ok. Will do that on monday. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 9:37am On Jul 12, 2014
mamamor:

This time I was thinking to leave my aunt of it dunno if it's a good idea bus I stated she is a family friend on my previous application,this time I was thinking to say I had intended to do shopping for my fashion shop why in the uk and also show my daughter around places of interest.

Please those dis makes sense?

Below are the documents I intend to present

Spouse data page
Marriage certificate
Consent letter from my husband
Letter from my daughters school
Marriage pictures
Business registration
Tax clearance
Proof of property
Pictures of places to show my daughter
Hotel reservation
Flirt reservation
Child birth certificate
Company bank statement

I was thinking since Dey complained about irregularity in my savings account,so that's I tut of using the business account this time.

Also bus Dey said I didn't state what I will be doing in the UK. I was thinking to say now I intend to do shopping for my fashion store

Please I need help plsssssssssssss
My daughter vacates next week I will love for us to apply so we can travel during school break

Please let me know if what have explained made sense please i need ADVICE

1) How come your savings/personal account is not on the list?

2) You can include your company account to show transactions and business activities BUT be sure to note it down in the "other information to consider your application" section that the statement is included to show business activities in the past 6 months. Don't ignore this. While It can act as one of your ties back home, it can be mistaken for, and assessed as your sponsoring account which in their opinion, you need to prove why ur company will spend money on you for tourism, and perhaps the direct benefit of your trip to them. So it's important to include that it's just to show business activities.

3) Rather than including pictures of places to show your daughter, why not draw up an itinerary (which is what they want in any case) of these places, per date/day and include instead? Do some research bout these places and put up a plan, eg day 1. Alton Tower, Day 2 Old Bond Street, etcetera. Alternatively, if you'll rather pay for the services, seek help from PROFESSIONAL tour agents home and abroad.

4) You don't really need to include flight reservations, except of course you will be transiting for some days through uk, and then on to another country and so,you have to show a full trip booking from your local place of departure eg Owerri, you your final destination eg Addis Ababa, CLEARLY INDICATING entry AND EXIT dates from the UK, Plus a visa for this destination country, and then it MAY be taken into consideration. In any case, you are strongly advised not to make any firm travel plans until your visa has been approved and/or issued.

5) You may wish to get or not get an invitation letter from your aunt for the trip. The point is if you do, she has to state in the letter the extent to which she'll be sponsoring the trip eg accommodation at hers or a paid hotel, feeding, transportation, etc, for which she will also need to include supporting documents like account statement, let agreement or mortgages if any, payslips etc. But whether you chose to get an IV from her or not, remain consistent with info you put in your last application; she ur aunt or ur friend.

Lastly, if you claim you wanna do fashion shopping, remember to show an account statement that reflects this intention (don't go now dumping money into ur account cos u wanna show this. You may be refused for lodgement to deceive ECO). If your company is in that field, your company statement can suffice, but be sure to do as suggested in 2 above, PLUS a letter from another authority in the company stating the extent to which you can have access to funds eg. XYZ amounts for the purpose of the shopping.

Remember, your personal account also gives an idea of your financial ties back home. Don't omit it.

HTHs
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:07am On Jul 12, 2014
mamamor: Please justwise I need your help I applied for UK general visitor visa last year with my 5 year old daughter.and I was refused the visa, with the following reasons.my aunt sent me an invite and I also made hotel reservation that I will stay with my aunt for a week and hotel for a week as well

That my account bal was low consequently to the time of application money start entering my account. And secondly I didn't give details of how I intend to spend my time why in the uk.and why in particular I choose UK for my holiday.so Dey belief I should have more details as per my intended place of holiday. That was it,

Please house I want to apply now dunno how to address the previous issues and if my aunt should send me another invite? Or if I need to present my company statement this time cause I used my personal savings account previously

Pls I need help on this as soon as possible

You only need to address those two points....the question now is...do you have enough money in your savings account now? Your company's account is only acting as your tie-Nigeria, money there is not for the trip(only if you are applying for business visa)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 12, 2014
exxy: house good morning, please are there schorlarships available for undergraduates studies in the uk.
pls i am new on tis thread
I thought you got visa already?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:02pm On Jul 12, 2014
mamamor:
I read the article it wasn't ignored I understand the consequence about using the company statement now
Just help me answer other questions pls
Like me living my aunt invite out of it this time
Mr reasons for visiting the UK now should be since its sales period I want to do shopping for my fashion shop and also show my daughter places of interest.
Please those this make sense plsssssssss
Your reason for desiring to visit the UK is ok, but you need to study the places of interests as well as the available shoping centres in the areas that you would be visiting.
Use Google search and study the Wikipedia of the attractions in there.
This is necessary to enable you have answers to support your travel intentions and places of activities.
If you have further questions, feel free to ask here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by beejaybida(m): 3:09pm On Jul 12, 2014
Good afternoon, group. I am scheduled to attend a 1 wk course in London in October. This course is sponsored by the govt agency I work with. I am also entitled to air tickets and estacode to accommodation, feeding etc. I wish to travel with my wife and infant child. I wish to apply for a student visitor visa for myself and tourist visas for my wife and child. I have a 2yr tourist visa myself which will expire in 2015. My questions are:

1. On the form where my wife is asked "does your spouse have visa already"? Should she say yes because of my tourist visa or NO bacause I don't have student visitor visa yet?

2. My account has done inflows/outflows in excess of 5 million since January 2014 all traceable to my employers as salaries/allowances. However I currently have about 250k sitting balance and will have about 500k by month-end. Can I apply with just 500k in acct, writing in section 8 of the form that my employers will give me estacode that will supplement the 500k?

Note that I will have a letter of intro saying the employers shall cover all expenses for me but I shall be responsible for my wife and child.

Thanks in advance!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Jehovahshalom: 4:41pm On Jul 12, 2014
Dear house,please I need urgent answer now,I and my wife are permanent resident in US,how can I apply for UK study visa of more than 9month stay and I will like to take my wife along with me.i already in contact with school and am being giving form and a deadline of July 25th of this year for the course starting in September 2014.also among the requirement for CAS is the tuberculosis test to conducted at approved UK clinic in Nigeria.so I don't know how to go about it,because here in the US things are different,like no uk approved clinic infact dis tab test is not require from US citizen but they did not made mention of permanent resident.house pls can someone tell me wat I need to do

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.