Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,756 members, 7,831,441 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (983629 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:49pm On Jul 12, 2014
Jehovahshalom: Dear house,please I need urgent answer now,I and my wife are permanent resident in US,how can I apply for UK study visa of more than 9month stay and I will like to take my wife along with me.i already in contact with school and am being giving form and a deadline of July 25th of this year for the course starting in September 2014.also among the requirement for CAS is the tuberculosis test to conducted at approved UK clinic in Nigeria .so I don't know how to go about it,because here in the US things are different,like no uk approved clinic infact dis tab test is not require from US citizen but they did not made mention of permanent resident.house pls can someone tell me wat I need to do

Where are you applying from?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:50pm On Jul 12, 2014
beejaybida: Good afternoon, group. I am scheduled to attend a 1 wk course in London in October. This course is sponsored by the govt agency I work with. I am also entitled to air tickets and estacode to accommodation, feeding etc. I wish to travel with my wife and infant child. I wish to apply for a student visitor visa for myself and tourist visas for my wife and child. I have a 2yr tourist visa myself which will expire in 2015. My questions are:

1. On the form where my wife is asked "does your spouse have visa already"? Should she say yes because of my tourist visa or NO bacause I don't have student visitor visa yet?

2. My account has done inflows/outflows in excess of 5 million since January 2014 all traceable to my employers as salaries/allowances. However I currently have about 250k sitting balance and will have about 500k by month-end. Can I apply with just 500k in acct, writing in section 8 of the form that my employers will give me estacode that will supplement the 500k?

Note that I will have a letter of intro saying the employers shall cover all expenses for me but I shall be responsible for my wife and child.

Thanks in advance!

Will your company be paying for all of you or just you?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Jehovahshalom: 5:27pm On Jul 12, 2014
justwise:

Where are you applying from?
am applying from US
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:29pm On Jul 12, 2014
Jehovahshalom: am applying from US

All the info you need is here https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:33pm On Jul 12, 2014
Jehovahshalom: am applying from US

Try this as well
http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/acs/scs/entry_in_to_the_uk.html
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by benfrost853: 5:38pm On Jul 12, 2014
Hello sir
REFUSAL OF ENTRY CLEARANCE
In assessing your individual application ,it has no been necessary to interview you,but i have taken account of.
-The financial and employment information as declare by your application form
-your passport and travel history
-your family circumstance and
-the supporting document you have provided
i have used all the information provided by you to determine if the immigration Rules have been met in reaching my decision ,which you been made on the balance of probalities ,i note the following points
You have stated that you intend to travel to the uk to visit your cousin and that your uncle will be responsible fr the cost of the trip .However when coming to my decision i must take it into my consideration your own personal and financial circumstates in nigeria
.You have stated you are a student at Lagos state univerisity .whilst i acknowlege that you have submitted a letter,dates 28/05/2014 from the university .On question 57 of your applicaiotn you have stated that you have no savings,properties or income from any other sources.i therefore not satisfied that the dpcument provided demonstrates how you are supported in Nigeria.
Given the statements you have made and the documary evidence you have presented to supported your application ,i am nt satified that your circumstances in Nigeria,coupled with your reasons for wishing to travel to the uk are such that you have shown that your intentions are as stated or that you intend to leave the uk at the end of your proposed visit

Therefore i am not staisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a limited period stated by you or that you intend to leave the uk at the end of your proposed visit as required by paragraph 41(i)and (ii)of HC395
I have therefore refused your application because i am not satisifed on the balance of probabilities thta you have met all the requirements of the relevant paragraph of the united kingdom immigration rules
Your right to a[[eal is limited to have the grounds refrred to in section 84(1) of the Nationslity of immigration and Asylum Act 2002
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:48pm On Jul 12, 2014
benfrost853: Hello sir
In assessing your individual application ,it has no been necessary to interview you,but i have taken account of.
i have used all the information provided by you to determine if the immigration Rules have been met in reaching my decision ,which you been made on the balance of probalities ,i note the following points
You have stated that you intend to travel to the uk to visit your cousin and that your uncle will be responsible fr the cost of the trip .However when coming to my decision i must take it into my consideration your own personal and financial circumstates in nigeria
.You have stated you are a student at Lagos state univerisity .whilst i acknowlege that you have submitted a letter,dates 28/05/2014 from the university .On question 57 of your applicaiotn you have stated that you have no savings,properties or income from any other sources.i therefore not satisfied that the dpcument provided demonstrates how you are supported in Nigeria.

Given the statements you have made and the documary evidence you have presented to supported your application ,i am nt satified that your circumstances in Nigeria,coupled with your reasons for wishing to travel to the uk are such that you have shown that your intentions are as stated or that you intend to leave the uk at the end of your proposed visit

Therefore i am not staisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a limited period stated by you or that you intend to leave the uk at the end of your proposed visit as required by paragraph 41(i)and (ii)of HC395
I have therefore refused your application because i am not satisifed on the balance of probabilities thta you have met all the requirements of the relevant paragraph of the united kingdom immigration rules
Your right to a[[eal is limited to have the grounds refrred to in section 84(1) of the Nationslity of immigration and Asylum Act 2002

You don't have a strong tie-to-Nigeria, as a matured student getting a visa is tough because you got no source of income.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oladunwo(m): 6:08pm On Jul 12, 2014

The issues r u didn't show your own personal account statement also there is no strong relationship between u and the cousin and also the uncle that is sponsoring you. My advise is that u show ur own statement of acct. since ua a dependant, it suld show in ur acct how money is being sent from family members to u, ur nxt application can be as a tourist so dat u won't have any connection with anyone in the UK And lastly, pray
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:15pm On Jul 12, 2014
oladunwo:
The issues r u didn't show your own personal account statement also there is no strong relationship between u and the cousin and also the uncle that is sponsoring you. My advise is that u show ur own statement of acct. since ua a dependant, it suld show in ur acct how money is being sent from family members to u, ur nxt application can be as a tourist so dat u won't have any connection with anyone in the UK And lastly, pray

How will that make any difference? Knowing somebody in the UK is not the issue, he got no home-tie, no job, no business, no wife, as an adult without those things getting a visiting visa is almost impossible. kids or pensioners can get visa easily with sponsorship but its not the case with somebody between the age of 20 to 50s
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by beejaybida(m): 6:23pm On Jul 12, 2014
justwise:

Will your company be paying for all of you or just you?

Just me. I shall be responsible for my wife and child but my employer is responsible for me. Also the estacode I am entitled to, is quite generous enough to cater for us all and still have change.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Jehovahshalom: 6:47pm On Jul 12, 2014
justwise:

All the info you need is here https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa

thanks but this still doesn't give answer to the question,like the Nigeria passport holder it require of me to get tuberculosis test at approved center by UK in Nigeria ,now that am not in Nigeria what should I do,also vfs centre is not available here in the US as most of the citizen of US doesn't need visa to enter UK but me and my wife as permanent resident do need visa before admitted to UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:55pm On Jul 12, 2014
Jehovahshalom: thanks but this still doesn't give answer to the question,like the Nigeria passport holder it require of me to get tuberculosis test at approved center by UK in Nigeria ,now that am not in Nigeria what should I do,also vfs centre is not available here in the US as most of the citizen of US doesn't need visa to enter UK but me and my wife as permanent resident do need visa before admitted to UK

Its about where you live and not about your nationality, how long have you been living in US?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:00pm On Jul 12, 2014
beejaybida: Good afternoon, group. I am scheduled to attend a 1 wk course in London in October. This course is sponsored by the govt agency I work with. I am also entitled to air tickets and estacode to accommodation, feeding etc. I wish to travel with my wife and infant child. I wish to apply for a student visitor visa for myself and tourist visas for my wife and child. I have a 2yr tourist visa myself which will expire in 2015. My questions are:

1. On the form where my wife is asked "does your spouse have visa already"? Should she say yes because of my tourist visa or NO bacause I don't have student visitor visa yet?

2. My account has done inflows/outflows in excess of 5 million since January 2014 all traceable to my employers as salaries/allowances. However I currently have about 250k sitting balance and will have about 500k by month-end. Can I apply with just 500k in acct, writing in section 8 of the form that my employers will give me estacode that will supplement the 500k?

Note that I will have a letter of intro saying the employers shall cover all expenses for me but I shall be responsible for my wife and child.

Thanks in advance!

1. Yes you have a visa already but use the blank space in the form to indicate the type of visa you have

2. Yes 500K is enough but you need to draw list of places you want to take your family to in the UK and budget the cost....accommodation, feeding, transport and shopping.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Jehovahshalom: 7:25pm On Jul 12, 2014
justwise:

Its about where you live and not about your nationality, how long have you been living in US?
a year,so what should I do about tuberculosis test because the school said I must present the certificate before they can issue me CAS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:41pm On Jul 12, 2014
Jehovahshalom: a year,so what should I do about tuberculosis test because the school said I must present the certificate before they can issue me CAS

US is not in the list of countries that need TB, you can't live in US and present TB result from Nig. You don't need to present TB certificate. You need to inform your school about that. If they insist then you visit a hospital there in US and get one done.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oladunwo(m): 7:48pm On Jul 12, 2014
justwise:

How will that make any difference? Knowing somebody in the UK is not the issue, he got no home-tie, no job, no business, no wife, as an adult without those things getting a visiting visa is almost impossible. kids or pensioners can get visa easily with sponsorship but its not the case with somebody between the age of 20 to 50s
Can't his education be a home-tie?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:06pm On Jul 12, 2014
oladunwo:
Can't his education be a home-tie?

Education is not a strong enough home tie especially in Nigeria where strike can last for ages with poor investment in that sector, many student will not think twice leaving that behind for a better choice.

Education may be a home tie for EU or American students but not the case with Nigeria only if you are attending one of those expensive private schools.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by busola78: 8:30pm On Jul 12, 2014
evening,pls hw can i download the visitor application form to uk.cant find it on d vac site.thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by beejaybida(m): 9:13pm On Jul 12, 2014
justwise:

1. Yes you have a visa already but use the blank space in the form to indicate the type of visa you have

2. Yes 500K is enough but you need to draw list of places you want to take your family to in the UK and budget the cost....accommodation, feeding, transport and shopping.

Will do as advised justwise

Thanks as always
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:24pm On Jul 12, 2014
fairyLady: i think thats what i'm sayin. Let me try to rephrase.
1. I submitted and paid online.
2. I withdrew the application and requested a refund.
3. I explained that i will be re-applyin once refunded.

Question is: can i make anoda application even thou they've not refunded the initial one?
Thanks
You can actually make a fresh application, the system and the regulation allow multiple applications, and if you satisfy the requirements, only one of the applications may be approved while the other becomes void. but if you fail to satisfy the visa officer, then both will be refused.
You are not the first to have applied for a visa and then withdraw the application on realising a blunder, and then reapplied while the previous application package was yet to be returned.
Know that, the embassy usually takes immediate action to tag any application that has received a cancellation request therefore, I am positive that your application had been cancelled though you have not received the package.
So, be rest assured that it is totally safe to reapply whenever you wish.
Does this answer your concerns?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oladunwo(m): 9:27pm On Jul 12, 2014
justwise:

Education is not a strong enough home tie especially in Nigeria where strike can last for ages with poor investment in that sector, many student will not think twice leaving that behind for a better choice.

Education may be a home tie for EU or American students but not the case with Nigeria only if you are attending one of those expensive private schools.
Oga ooo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dammylizzy: 9:33pm On Jul 12, 2014
Hello justwise, vicjustice and all, I'm not sure if this is the right thread or not but my question is on Spouse Settlement Visa.

I have submitted an application for spouse settlement visa since the 2nd week of April but still haven't heard anything. Although, I emailed them on few occasions and I was told my application is awaiting the assessment. Please, is this normal and how long do you think I may have to wait for?

Thank you for your responses.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mamamor: 10:36pm On Jul 12, 2014

Your right to a[[eal is limited to have the grounds refrred to in section 84(1) of the Nationslity of immigration an

d Asylum Act 2002

In fact this UK embassy I think is serious prayer and depends on the Eco taking up ur application because this was the same way my immediate younger brother got his visa last year he was a 300 level students in unilag my cousin invited him and my uncle sponsored him and with the invite letter and sponsor account there was no ties not even with the names surname was totally different.

And his application wasn't questioned
15 days later he got a text to pick up his visa

In another thought here hope all the document you presented are qenuine?
And have u had lots of refusals in your pp before?
Maybe age was also a barrier if u more dan 30 or very close to 30 Dey might expect more from you.

I have learnt a lot from this trend maybe u try to find away to ask for ur status from ukba before u apply again goodluck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:23pm On Jul 12, 2014
dammylizzy: Hello justwise, vicjustice and all, I'm not sure if this is the right thread or not but my question is on Spouse Settlement Visa.

I have submitted an application for spouse settlement visa since the 2nd week of April but still haven't heard anything. Although, I emailed them on few occasions and I was told my application is awaiting the assessment. Please, is this normal and how long do you think I may have to wait for?

Thank you for your responses.
It actually depends on how straight-forward or how complicated your case is, and it may take longer than you consider convenient
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:31am On Jul 13, 2014

Note that I will have a letter of intro saying the employers shall cover all expenses for me but I shall be responsible for my wife and child.:
Thanks in advance!
I have no doubt that your visa application will be refused altogether with your wife's and kid's applications for the primary logical reason that you claim to be applying for a visa (to stay for just one week) on official sponsorship ground, but your decision to take your whole family along (with tourist visas) would be deemed unprofessional especially as you do not seem to be having your company's approval: and because the purpose of you and your family's travel can not be specifically clasified, it will be reasonable for the ECO to refuse all of you considering that you are tempering business with pleasure, or that your intending purpose is something else.
Secondary, your financial circumstance doesn't look great for a person who wants to take his family abroad for a good time order than something else.
Talking about 500k, what would be left after buying flight ticket? Visa officers are not encouraged to approve visas to applicants who would have no money to sustain themselves when they return to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by evenda: 2:57am On Jul 13, 2014
@justwise

Am new here. Please, I sent U an email. I need your advice regarding the content and will be glad if U reply.

Thanks..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by beejaybida(m): 6:35am On Jul 13, 2014
Vicjustice: I have no doubt that your visa application will be refused altogether with your wife's and kid's applications for the primary logical reason that you claim to be applying for a visa on official ground, but your decision to take your whole family along (with tourist visas) would be deemed unprofessional especially as you do not seem to be having your company's approval: and because the purpose of you and your family's travel can not be specifically clasified, it will be reasonable for the ECO to refuse all of you considering that you are tempering business with pleasure, or that your intending purpose is something else.
Secondary, your financial circumstance doesn't look great for a person who wants to take his family abroad for a good time order than something else.
Talking about 500k, what would be left after buying flight ticket? Visa officers are not encouraged to approve visas to applicants who would have no money to sustain themselves when they return to Nigeria.

VicJustice, I completely dis agree with your primary logic and I shall explain as follows:

1. UKBA stated that only tier-4 applicants can come with "dependants", student visitor applicants' spouses/family must apply as tourists separately to come along.

2. Most university websites have detailed explanations on all possible student visas too. I found that there positions are same with UKBA's, which is: wife/child of student visitor visa applicants can't be "dependants" like tier-4 but must apply as tourist to accompany student visitor visa applicants.

3. Most colleagues have successfully used this approach to travel with their spouses/kids in the last few yrs! In fact, employees of sister agencies use the same method too, successfully.

4. The trainer (internationally known) was also contacted beforehand and with their decades of experience, advised the same thing!

I partially see your point on the secondary reason of finances but I wish to tell you the following:

1. Its a 1 week course only as stated earlier. So salary/allowances don't stop due to it.

2. Since, as stated earlier, I am entitled to a return ticket from my office. My wife and child's return ticket is in the region of 180k return, for late October. Am unsure how that bankrupts me with 500k.

3. UKBA knows from experience that civil servants on sponsored foreign courses are entitled to estacodes. Especially staff of govt agencies who are reasonably well paid. These foreign currency allowances I assure you, are generous enough to cover us for a week and have good change left.

4. I could agree that the ECO might not consider the estacode as earned yet and not have it form "available funds" (even if the intro letter from office says how much it is). For that, 500k will be small for us all.

5. Kindly consider that the acct has regular inflows from the office (salaries and allowances backed by payslips and supported by bank narrations on the acct) which will make the ECO not consider just the sitting balance.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Castalia: 6:52am On Jul 13, 2014
Please a little advice (justwise et al...
I have filled the online visa application, though yet to submit.
However, I intend to visit Ghana for my sister's graduation on the 26th of this month, and return on the 28th. I don't want to submit because I don't want my passport to be in the UK embassy's possession, thus preventing me from attending the graduation ceremony.
My planned trip to the UK is for August ending, so I plan on going to the VAC immediately I return on the 28th to submit my documents. Also, I'm not sure I would have the luxury of time to travel to Lagos (or Abuja) for submission soon after this.

Now this is my issue:
I did not fill this journey to Ghana in the application (obviously, since I haven't yet made the trip). But, I want to submit the online form and make the payment and book an appointment and all other necessary stuff before the journey to Ghana, so that on my arrival on the 28th, so that I can just submit that day and return to base.

Will it amount to telling a lie if I don't include it in the application as part of my journeys, and the ECO sees the stamps on my passport? Note that I would have probably submitted the online application a week or so before I make this trip.

Please advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:58am On Jul 13, 2014
Castalia: Please a little advice (justwise et al...
I have filled the online visa application, though yet to submit.
However, I intend to visit Ghana for my sister's graduation on the 26th of this month, and return on the 28th. I don't want to submit because I don't want my passport to be in the UK embassy's possession, thus preventing me from attending the graduation ceremony.
My planned trip to the UK is for August ending, so I plan on going to the VAC immediately I return on the 28th to submit my documents. Also, I'm not sure I would have the luxury of time to travel to Lagos (or Abuja) for submission soon after this.

Now this is my issue:
I did not fill this journey to Ghana in the application (obviously, since I haven't yet made the trip). But, I want to submit the online form and make the payment and book an appointment and all other necessary stuff before the journey to Ghana, so that on my arrival on the 28th, so that I can just submit that day and return to base.

Will it amount to telling a lie if I don't include it in the application as part of my journeys, and the ECO sees the stamps on my passport? Note that I would have probably submitted the online application a week or so before I make this trip.

Please advice
If that is the case then i don't see any problem there.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by catherine0709: 8:09am On Jul 13, 2014
Hi Everyone my name is Jide by September this year am starting my Postgraduate (MSC) in one of the UK UNI. But i need your help, after my university degree in 2009 in Nigeria, i started a diploma course abroad in ICT (Singapore) which i finished in 2013,Last year august i proceeded to The Netherlands to take the same course at Bsc Level at this moment i am in my second year out 4 i ought to study but i had a long discussion with my mother who really wants me to take over my late father's real estate investment by so doing urged me to study Real estate management (MSC) In the UK for one year to be able to manage the company. My question: Must i tell the BHC in my application about my present study in The Netherlands which i'm already planning to abandon? My resident Permit (for student) is not on my passport what i have is only the Visiting 3 months VIsa used to come into the Netherlands before getting the resident permit but my passport carries various immigration stamps mostly from Lagos Airport with many dates even after the Visiting Visa expired last year since every Eu international students just needs to show their resident permit with their passports at all port of entry. Thanks for your assistance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by isogee: 8:25am On Jul 13, 2014
@bestfrost835
In 20011 I was refusef visa on the same grounds but I file for appeal and stated in my appeal that my uncle support me in school and I am a full time student. I recieve money in cash from my uncle any time I ask for. I recieved lots of letters from the tribunal but I never repplied them. In six months time the embassy called and told me they have overturn my decision and that I should bring my passport for the visa. To cut it short I have been issued uk visa 3 times. In all my applications I jux explained to the visa officer that I am a full time student and that my uncle is responsible for my daily upkeep. state also that your uncle give you money in cash. I think with that you will be ok.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by joxiri: 9:01am On Jul 13, 2014
Jehovahshalom: thanks but this still doesn't give answer to the question,like the Nigeria passport holder it require of me to get tuberculosis test at approved center by UK in Nigeria ,now that am not in Nigeria what should I do,also vfs centre is not available here in the US as most of the citizen of US doesn't need visa to enter UK but me and my wife as permanent resident do need visa before admitted to UK

Find your local british consulate in where tou live in america
Get their local phone no and make these enquiries
In as much as there is no vfs in america
You will deal with the british embassy directly over
It should even be smoother than dealing with vfs

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.