Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,723 members, 7,831,297 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (983612 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiobling: 9:17pm On Jul 14, 2014
newbie2014:

Yes I got it and there were lots of packages that were being sorted when i went there this afternoon. Hopefully, Yours should be ready as well dis week. Search for tickets has officially begun. FYI my visa had been stamped for the past two weeks already.
thats my maaaan......am so happy for you. So your visa has been issued since 2weeks ago? Mine is cooking too in jesus name.msg me man i need to celebrate with you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kissofdragon: 10:09pm On Jul 14, 2014
justwise:

Getting a permit gives them an edge but they still have to meet other requirements..e.g...proof of accommodation, maintenance money for their stay in London..etc
They have sorted out the accomodation and maintainance money.. I hope all goes well.. Thanks for the insight.. Your a gem
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:35am On Jul 15, 2014
sophiapat: Thank you very much, Plz can u give me the link to the thread dat talks about why applications are refused.. Ill be very grateful
https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Castalia: 11:00am On Jul 15, 2014
Justwise, Vicjustice, et al

Please what is the correct answer to this question in the VAF (for those who have been issued a UK visa in the past)
Issuiing Authority: What authority issued your visa i.e. British Embassy, High Commission, Consulate?

Do we write:
British High Commission
OR
ABUJA (or Lagos as the case may be)

Because in the visa, there is a place written: Issued in: Abuja

Please clarify
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:13am On Jul 15, 2014
Castalia: Justwise, Vicjustice, et al

Please what is the correct answer to this question in the VAF (for those who have been issued a UK visa in the past)
Issuiing Authority: What authority issued your visa i.e. British Embassy, High Commission, Consulate?

Do we write:
British High Commission
OR

Please clarify
British High Commission
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:17am On Jul 15, 2014
kissofdragon: They have sorted out the accomodation and maintainance money.. I hope all goes well.. Thanks for the insight.. Your a gem

Finger crossed they will get it, they will have crazy time, Nothing-hill carnival is one of the biggest summer carnival ever.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:30am On Jul 15, 2014
Castalia: Justwise, Vicjustice, et al
Do we write:
British High Commission
OR
Please clarify
"ISSUING AUTHORITY" is the Embassy, Consulate, Commission, Immigration or other Deplomatic authorities that granted the visa.
Now, some issueing authorities like to enter the name of the city of location, while others like to use their departments, and some prefer the use of codes.
Examples
ISSUEING AUTHORITY: Riga
ISSUEING AUTHORITY: Embassy Of Iraq, Lagos
ISSUEING AUTHORITY: Dub-454.

You may need to check the visa on your passport to get the precise refference of the issueing authority, but it is not a big deal if the passport is unavailable, in that case, simply write "Can't Recall" or just write the name of the embassy etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Castalia: 3:33pm On Jul 15, 2014
Vicjustice:
"ISSUING AUTHORITY" is the Embassy, Consulate, Commission, Immigration or other Deplomatic authorities that granted the visa.
Now, some issueing authorities like to enter the name of the city of location, while others like to use their departments, and some prefer the use of codes.
Examples
ISSUEING AUTHORITY: Riga
ISSUEING AUTHORITY: Embassy Of Iraq, Lagos
ISSUEING AUTHORITY: Dub-454.
You may need to check the visa on your passport to get the precise refference of the issueing authority, but it is not a big deal if the passport is unavailable, in that case, simply write "Can't Recall" or [b]just write the name of the embassy [/b]etc

@Vicjustice
The Visa say: Issued in: Abuja

However, justwise says I should write British High Commission, which seems to be what you are saying in your last line

So is there a consensus on writing 'British High Commission'?

NB: There is even not enough space provided, if not one should have written it in full like this - British High Commision, Abuja
justwise:
British High Commission
justwise:
British High Commission
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Castalia: 6:07pm On Jul 15, 2014
Dear MOD and all
Please how do we answer these questions for a 6 month old infant who is traveling with her parents:

How much of your total monthly income is given to your family members and other dependants?

What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP(£)?

The total amount of money you have for this trip

The cost of the aeroplane, boat or train tickets

The cost of your accommodation

The cost of your living expenses

What is the total cost of your trip, including money others may be giving you, in GBP(£)

I have checked the thread and I dint see any recommended answers for these questions for an infant (6months old) I know there are answers for a spouse who is being sponsored, but I dint see any specific recommendations on how they can be answered for infants. So please help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Castalia: 6:23pm On Jul 15, 2014
Please another question

I am applying with my wife and daughter and I am the sponsor.
I want to know if our application will go as a single document, OR are they going to be taken/packaged separately. I am supposed to make copies of all the documents for each of their applications if they are going to be treated separately? For instance - am I suppose to get 3 original copies of my bank statement, one for my application, one for my wife, one for my daughter's application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by haseebhas: 7:54pm On Jul 15, 2014
Hi
My Uk family visit visa (6 - months) got rejected i want to know if i re-apply do i need a fresh sponsorship from same sponsor as his circumstances are same as before same old job, wage, living place only his bankstatemnt is gone further up.
Regards
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 7:58pm On Jul 15, 2014
haseebhas: Hi
My Uk family visit visa (6 - months) got rejected i want to know if i re-apply do i need a fresh sponsorship from same sponsor as his circumstances are same as before same old job, wage, living place only his bankstatemnt is gone further up.
Regards
What was the reason given for rejection?
You need to put that right before applying again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by haseebhas: 8:06pm On Jul 15, 2014
worry359:
What was the reason given for rejection?
You need to put that right before applying again.
I am uploading i had these objection earlier but at that time i got my visa in appeal and now i heard there is no such thing as appeal anymore

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 8:22pm On Jul 15, 2014
haseebhas:
I am uploading i had these objection earlier but at that time i got my visa in appeal and now i heard there is no such thing as appeal anymore
Nothing to appeal about!
Your finances do not match up with what you have said.
Your bank account looks like money has been added to boost your chances.
But MUCH WORSE you have NO TIES TO RETURN HOME!

Without ties to home you will not get visa, you look too much like a person who would overstay.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by haseebhas: 8:29pm On Jul 15, 2014
worry359:
Nothing to appeal about!

Without ties to home you will not get visa, you look too much like a person who would overstay.
Well i have cleared and mentioned each and every aspect in full detail and i dont think visa officer have even read them in detail as i live in a joint family system where all properties and assets remain in the name of head of the family and our business i joint family business we are all partners in it and on bank statemnt i have clearly mentioned that i didnt had any bank account i recently opened that bank account and after that i submitted all my savings in it and thats why i think visa officer didnt even read those letters in detail
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by haseebhas: 8:39pm On Jul 15, 2014
worry359:
Nothing to appeal about!

So i wanna know if i re-apply clearing all these alligations again in detail. Remember i had all these objections earlier aswell but i gave all explaination and i got visa.
And still i wasnt traveling alone i was planning to travel with my father as he already have a valid 5 years visa
Please let me know i need fresh sponsorship or i can use old documents
Regards
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:12pm On Jul 15, 2014
Castalia: Dear MOD and all
Please how do we answer these questions for a 6 month old infant who is traveling with her parents:
How much of your total monthly income is given to your family members and other dependants?
What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP(£)?
The total amount of money you have for this trip
The cost of the aeroplane, boat or train tickets
The cost of your accommodation
The cost of your living expenses
What is the total cost of your trip, including money others may be giving you, in GBP(£)
I have checked the thread and I dint see any recommended answers for these questions for an infant (6months old) I know there are answers for a spouse who is being sponsored, but I dint see any specific recommendations on how they can be answered for infants. So please help
The answers to each of them is, NA meaning, None Applicable.
How much of your total monthly income is given to your family members and other dependants? = NA

What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP(£)? = NA

The total amount of money you have for this trip = NA

The cost of the aeroplane, boat or train tickets = NA

The cost of your accommodation = NA

The cost of your living expenses = NA

What is the total cost of your trip, including money others may be giving you, in GBP(£) = NA
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by haseebhas: 9:20pm On Jul 15, 2014
Please check my posts aswell smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:25pm On Jul 15, 2014
Castalia: Please another question

I am applying with my wife and daughter and I am the sponsor.
I want to know if our application will go as a single document, OR are they going to be taken/packaged separately. I am supposed to make copies of all the documents for each of their applications if they are going to be treated separately? For instance - am I suppose to get 3 original copies of my bank statement, one for my application, one for my wife, one for my daughter's application?
Different/individual visa applications, but one package: meaning, all three applications in one package and supported by group documents.
If you like, you can use a highlighter to attract the VO's attention to references or notices: you can also use office pins to attach note-pads with appendix on any document (if deemed necessary).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:42pm On Jul 15, 2014
haseebhas: Please check my posts aswell smiley
I did check them, but realising the correct responses that Worry359 gave to them, I do not think it is necessary for me to make any further contribution.
Please, refer to the article in this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by haseebhas: 10:45pm On Jul 15, 2014
Thanks for your help dears smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Kimsunh: 2:13pm On Jul 16, 2014
Hello good people. I'm new to nairaland, I have a big problem that requires urgent attention. I'm billed to perform along my other colleagues for a show in uk and we have been granted out work permit. I have filled the application and made the payment when I noticed my passport is missing so I quickly went to Abuja to request for a new one. I haven't been issued a new one and this morning my wife found it. Can I go ahead and submit the application with the old passport despite the fact that I have reported it missing and I have been giving the approval to come for renewal next week. Pls help me out justwise and every good people here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:22pm On Jul 16, 2014
Kimsunh: Hello good people. I'm new to nairaland, I have a big problem that requires urgent attention. I'm billed to perform along my other colleagues for a show in uk and we have been granted out work permit. I have filled the application and made the payment when I noticed my passport is missing so I quickly went to Abuja to request for a new one. I haven't been issued a new one and this morning my wife found it. Can I go ahead and submit the application with the old passport despite the fact that I have reported it missing and I have been giving the approval to come for renewal next week. Pls help me out justwise and every good people here

You can but email the immigration and tell them that you have found it, when they reply print out the email and have it with you when traveling to avoid problem at the airports.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Kimsunh: 2:39pm On Jul 16, 2014
justwise:

You can but email the immigration and tell them that you have found it, when they reply print out the email and have it with you when traveling to avoid problem at the airports.
what if I have a visa on the old passport and I was issued a new one? Will the old one be cancelled and the visa be cancelled as well?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:44pm On Jul 16, 2014
Kimsunh: what if I have a visa on the old passport and I was issued a new one? Will the old one be cancelled and the visa be cancelled as well?

The old one will be stamped with: 'Cancelled Without Prejudice' but the visa on it remains valid. When traveling you have to carry both and present them at the POE
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Kimsunh: 3:24pm On Jul 16, 2014
justwise:

The old one will be stamped with: 'Cancelled Without Prejudice' but the visa on it remains valid. When traveling you have to carry both and present them at the POE
thank you justwise. You are a true gem
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:06pm On Jul 16, 2014
Kimsunh: thank you justwise. You are a true gem

All the very best with your application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:12pm On Jul 16, 2014
Kimsunh: Hello good people. I'm new to nairaland, I have a big problem that requires urgent attention. I'm billed to perform along my other colleagues for a show in uk and we have been granted out work permit. I have filled the application and made the payment when I noticed my passport is missing so I quickly went to Abuja to request for a new one. I haven't been issued a new one and this morning my wife found it. Can I go ahead and submit the application with the old passport despite the fact that I have reported it missing and I have been giving the approval to come for renewal next week. Pls help me out justwise and every good people here
Kimsunh: what if I have a visa on the old passport and I was issued a new one? Will the old one be cancelled and the visa be cancelled as well?
The lost-&-found passport is still valid even though you reported it missing, it will only become invalid once the immigration authority cancel it.
Most people usually report the loss of their passports without requesting for their cancellation, hence, the authority only takes such declaration in a note to fulfill formality therefore, the passport remain valid unless you request it cancellation.
I will advice that you cancel your intention for a new passport and hold on to the lost-&-found one (unless of course you have requested its cancellation)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ukwife: 10:07pm On Jul 16, 2014
Good evening house,
I am seeking guidance and way forward. Here are the facts i am British/ Nigerian Citizen and have been in relationship for while. My Nigerian citizen husband ( engaged/traditional marriage). few years ago my uk based employer posted me overseas and my husband joined me there we been working and living outside Uk. My questions is as following. I got made redundant and we thinking of returning back to uk. It seems things have changed. My question to house what visa should we apply for? Should we go to Nigeria to go get married legally? or apply for spouse visa or should we apply for family visa? what would you advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by donciccio: 10:10pm On Jul 16, 2014
Dear Justwise/Vicjustice/Nlers,

I was denied visa to the UK in Jan 2013 based on the conditions as stated on the refusal letter attached. Now I wish to re-apply how do I go about it this time to avoid denial again? However, I still work with the same coy tho had a take home of 210k then but now my take home after tax/pension is 300k. I am not married yet but have a younger one I'm fending for in school. Also, i give some little pocket money to assist my parents.
Hope to take a vac for 10days in the Uk. Guys kindly advice.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:38pm On Jul 16, 2014
ukwife: Good evening house,
I am seeking guidance and way forward. Here are the facts i am British/ Nigerian Citizen and have been in relationship for while. My Nigerian citizen husband ( engaged/traditional marriage). few years ago my uk based employer posted me overseas and my husband joined me there we been working and living outside Uk. My questions is as following. I got made redundant and we thinking of returning back to uk. It seems things have changed. My question to house what visa should we apply for? Should we go to Nigeria to go get married legally? or apply for spouse visa or should we apply for family visa? what would you advice
That would depend on the purpose of going to the UK.
By the way, your marriage is not officially recognised, so he can't be applying for spouse visa, also, you do not currently have a job to earn the required income.
Besides, does he hold residence permit in the country that you currently live in?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ukwife: 12:04am On Jul 17, 2014
@vicjustice
we thought it maybe a good idea to go back to uk to seek employment and regroup to decide on next move since we have property there. Yes he hold residence permit in the country that we currently live in. Under rules i need to have salary of £18,600 which i am sure i can get if put my mind to it.

ukwife: Good evening house,
That would depend on the purpose of going to the UK.
By the way, your marriage is not officially recognised, so he can't be applying for spouse visa, also, you do not currently have a job to earn the required income.
Besides, does he hold residence permit in the country that you currently live in?

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.