Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,473 members, 7,958,437 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 02:17 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (996773 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:10am On Jul 17, 2014
donciccio: Dear Justwise/Vicjustice/Nlers,
I was denied visa to the UK in Jan 2013 based on the conditions as stated on the refusal letter attached. Now I wish to re-apply how do I go about it this time to avoid denial again? However, I still work with the same coy tho had a take home of 210k then but now my take home after tax/pension is 300k. I am not married yet but have a younger one I'm fending for in school. Also, i give some little pocket money to assist my parents.
Hope to take a vac for 10days in the Uk. Guys kindly advice.
I read your refusal notice and the contents are understood. So, what have you got to say concerning the points raised by the Visa Officer?
Without your own explanation, it would be unreasonable to advice you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:18am On Jul 17, 2014
ukwife: @vicjustice
we thought it maybe a good idea to go back to uk to seek employment and regroup to decide on next move since we have property there. Yes he hold residence permit in the country that we currently live in. Under rules i need to have salary of £18,600 which i am sure i can get if put my mind to it.,
First of all, your union is not legally recognised, therefore, you can't be applying for a spouse visa.
Now, assuming you did your legal registry, doesn't the regulation require that a person applying to bring his/her spouse into the UK must be earning that amount of money?
But according to you, you are not in employment, and therefore do not earn the required amount. Doesn't that disqualify you?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:44am On Jul 17, 2014
ukwife: Good evening house,
I am seeking guidance and way forward. Here are the facts i am British/ Nigerian Citizen and have been in relationship for while. My Nigerian citizen husband ( engaged/traditional marriage). few years ago my uk based employer posted me overseas and my husband joined me there we been working and living outside Uk. My questions is as following. I got made redundant and we thinking of returning back to uk. It seems things have changed. My question to house what visa should we apply for? Should we go to Nigeria to go get married legally? or apply for spouse visa or should we apply for family visa? what would you advice

That is the first most important step to take before going for spouse visa, then you move to the UK first to get accommodation and job that pays at least £18600 a year then your hubby will apply for join you.

Were both of you living in an EU country before?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by donciccio: 9:50am On Jul 17, 2014
Vicjustice: I read your refusal notice and the contents are understood. So, what have you got to say concerning the points raised by the Visa Officer?
Without your own explanation, it would be unreasonable to advice you

Tnx Vicjustice, for ur timely response. Agreed then I made a mistake on my hotel reseravation wch was far outside central London bt dis time I've one within central London. Mind you my status still remain single as it was then bt I've parents n 1 sibling am catering for. Is dat nt enough proof of family commitment, must I be married to 've commitments? Also note I've jst renewed my rent in Feb 14 abt 800k isn't dat gud enough as part of tie? Presently I've a bal of 600k + in acc cos I borrowed my friend some cash and I hope to spend 600k for this trip in late August. Hoping that part of my July n August salary will keep me up wen I return frm d trip in September.
However, my refusal had a chance of administrative review bt I didn't go ahead for the review. Also wat does d eco mean by probability of credits/bal cos the major source of income to my acc was my salary paid by my coy? Is it that I can't spend my own money Hw I want? And on family commitment hw best can I defend that since am nt married?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 10:28am On Jul 17, 2014
donciccio:

Presently I've a bal of 600k + in acc cos I borrowed my friend some cash and I hope to spend 600k for this trip in late August. Hoping that part of my July n August salary will keep me up wen I return frm d trip in September.
[b]If that is what you are going to apply with then I suggest that you should not waste your time or money!
VO will only look at your bank Acc now, not possible future earnings.
Proposing to spend the bulk of your money on a visit is a big red flag![
This is a sure way to get another refusal./b]

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:44am On Jul 17, 2014
donciccio:
Tnx Vicjustice, for ur timely response. Agreed then I made a mistake on my hotel reseravation wch was far outside central London bt dis time I've one within central London. Mind you my status still remain single as it was then bt I've parents n 1 sibling am catering for. Is dat nt enough proof of family commitment, must I be married to 've commitments? Also note I've jst renewed my rent in Feb 14 abt 800k isn't dat gud enough as part of tie? Presently I've a bal of 600k + in acc cos I borrowed my friend some cash and I hope to spend 600k for this trip in late August. Hoping that part of my July n August salary will keep me up wen I return frm d trip in September.
However, my refusal had a chance of administrative review bt I didn't go ahead for the review. Also wat does d eco mean by probability of credits/bal cos the major source of income to my acc was my salary paid by my coy? Is it that I can't spend my own money Hw I want? And on family commitment hw best can I defend that since am nt married?
Being single or married is not a requirement, it is only a factor for consideration. And family tie is not a requirement as well, someone who has no family can apply for a visa using other obligation aspects as ties.
Sure, that N800k rent payment can represent a serious tie, but (out of curiosity), what nature of property costs that much to rent, a modern king's palace or a presidential facility?
As for your financial circumstances, I see a real problem in this, you want to spend your entire savings for a leisure trip to the UK hoping to restart your life in expectation of future earnings even though you claim to have a dependant younger brother and parents to cater for? It doesn't work that way.
My friend, by your own analysis, you don't seem to meet the requirement for a tourist visa, therefore, I'll advice you to read the post in this link:
https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas
and apply again in due time, otherwise, you will be refused again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by donciccio: 11:46am On Jul 17, 2014
worry359:
[b]If that is what you are going to apply with then I suggest that you should not waste your time or money!
VO will only look at your bank Acc now, not possible future earnings.
Proposing to spend the bulk of your money on a visit is a big red flag![
This is a sure way to get another refusal./b]

Tnx mate. Perhaps I should just build up my acc to abt 1M b4 applying again. I hope that will b ok?

Vicjustice:
Being single or married is not a requirement, it is only a factor for consideration. And family tie is not a requirement as well, someone who has no family can apply for a visa using other obligation aspects as ties.
Sure, that N800k rent payment can represent a serious tie, but (out of curiosity), what nature of property costs that much to rent, a modern king's palace or a presidential facility?
As for your financial circumstances, I see a real problem in this, you want to spend your entire savings for a leisure trip to the UK hoping to restart your life in expectation of future earnings even though you claim to have a dependant younger brother and parents to cater for? It doesn't work that way.
My friend, by your own analysis, you don't seem to meet the requirement for a tourist visa, therefore, I'll advice you to read the post in this link:
https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas
and apply again in due time, otherwise, you will be refused again.

@vicjustice, are u a learner? Kings palace for 800k? I stayed in an estate in lekki phase1 for a 1bedroom flat I was paying 750k inclusive service charge of (security+lite+water). In Feb I moved further in same lekki axis Whr I gat a 2bed room for 700k + 140k (agency+agreement) = 840k. I guess curiosity cleared? *curiosity kills d cat* 'Lolz'
Dude I really appreciate ur advice and assistance. Tnx a million x.
I should just keep my visa fee n save some stress of applying nw n look for somewhere else to go shake off d naija stress.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:58pm On Jul 17, 2014
donciccio: @vicjustice, are u a learner? Kings palace for 800k? I stayed in an estate in lekki phase1 for a 1bedroom flat I was paying 750k inclusive service charge of (security+lite+water). In Feb I moved further in same lekki axis Whr I gat a 2bed room for 700k + 140k (agency+agreement) = 840k. I guess curiosity cleared? *curiosity kills d cat* 'Lolz'
Dude I really appreciate ur advice and assistance. Tnx a million x.
I should just keep my visa fee n save some stress of applying nw n look for somewhere else to go shake off d naija stress.
Sure, I am a learner, I learn things on daily basis, and I have just learned this from you.
Well, are you paying N840k per year on a rented property? Isn't that amount enough for some people to start a headway toward owning their own properties in some parts of Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 3:48pm On Jul 17, 2014
donciccio:

Tnx mate. Perhaps I should just build up my acc to abt 1M b4 applying again. I hope that will b ok?

You may neither have to "build up" your account nor spend 600k on a trip of just 10 days. The paramount thing is that you do your research very well and cut costs cos even if you build your account to 1m, you may still risk falling for refusal if your budget Is that much for 10 days, making it well over half of your end balance and over 250% of your income. That's a red flag IMO.

As for your house rent of about 800k, that is not so strong a tie but yes, it CAN act one depending on how you use it towards ur application, and especially if you have only just paid for it in the recent past. Afterall, if you can pay your annual house rent at a go, one ECO may assume that you have to recover from the expenditure before going another spending spree, while another may assume that you can't pay for a house and abandon it, if you get the picture I'm painting. #JustSaying.

So do some serious homework and put your thingy in.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:10pm On Jul 17, 2014
3sha4lyf:
You may neither have to "build up" your account nor spend 600k on a trip of just 10 days. The paramount thing is that you do your research very well and cut costs cos even if you build your account to 1m, you may still risk falling for refusal if your budget Is that much for 10 days, making it well over half of your end balance and over 250% of your income. That's a red flag IMO.
As for your house rent of about 800k, that is not so strong a tie but yes, it CAN act one depending on how you use it towards ur application, and especially if you have only just paid for it in the recent past. Afterall, if you can pay your annual house rent at a go, one ECO may assume that you have to recover from the expenditure before going another spending spree, while another may assume that you can't pay for a house and abandon it, if you get the picture I'm painting. #JustSaying.
So do some serious homework and put your thingy in.
Very well said
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LondonCool(m): 5:49pm On Jul 17, 2014
Greetings everyone!!

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by olumide098(m): 7:45pm On Jul 17, 2014
Please guyz...Am totally a novince when it comes to UK application. i have a valid yankee student Visa, going to NYC but have a stop over for 15 hours for heatthrow and i can not stay for one place when am not an oracle..lol.. please how can i scope them on my purpose of entering UK? what can be the require amount my sponsor can get in his account? how many weeks can this process take? do i need tax card etc..guyz i need to know..May almighty God bless you guyz for me, lift u up high pls answer me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dove30: 1:44pm On Jul 18, 2014
Hello guys please my parents submitted visa application to come for my graduation on the 4th of this month.my graduation is next week Thursday.we called the customer service in Lagos but no one picked.we now called Abuja and was told that the application is in Lagos and the confirm it had not been assessed due to back log they are having.i was given an email to email Lagos which have done but my worry is that they sometimes don't answer this email quickly.please can my parents go to the embassy in Lagos on Monday taking along the tickets which is for Wednesday and the vfs papers stating that the graduation is on Thursday and they are living on Wednesday.please i would welcome all ideas and information from you all cheers.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:09pm On Jul 18, 2014
LondonCool: Greetings everyone!!
Hey, LondonCool, what's HOT in London this summer?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Silverb(f): 2:16pm On Jul 18, 2014
Hello guys, plz how long does UPS courier takes to deliver a package? my application status just showed. Processed application delivered to UPS on.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:16pm On Jul 18, 2014
dove30: Hello guys please my parents submitted visa application to come for my graduation on the 4th of this month.my graduation is next week Thursday .we called the customer service in Lagos but no one picked.we now called Abuja and was told that the application is in Lagos and the confirm it had not been assessed due to back log they are having.i was given an email to email Lagos which have done but my worry is that they sometimes don't answer this email quickly.please can my parents go to the embassy in Lagos on Monday taking along the tickets which is for Wednesday and the vfs papers stating that the graduation is on Thursday and they are living on Wednesday.please i would welcome all ideas and information from you all cheers.

You applied too late, that application should have been made at least a month in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dove30: 2:48pm On Jul 18, 2014
justwise:
You applied too late, that application should have been made at least a month in advance.

Yes justwie i guess the application was done late but please what is the way out from your experience can the go to the embassy monday morning to speak to them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:53pm On Jul 18, 2014
dove30:

Yes justwie i guess the application was done late but please what is the way out from your experience can the go to the embassy monday morning to speak to them.
I'm not sure that will make any difference, not sure they will attend to them without pre-booked appointment. They can give it a go, who knows...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 2:55pm On Jul 18, 2014
dove30: Hello guys please my parents submitted visa application to come for my graduation on the 4th of this month.my graduation is next week Thursday.we called the customer service in Lagos but no one picked.we now called Abuja and was told that the application is in Lagos and the confirm it had not been assessed due to back log they are having.i was given an email to email Lagos which have done but my worry is that they sometimes don't answer this email quickly.please can my parents go to the embassy in Lagos on Monday taking along the tickets which is for Wednesday and the vfs papers stating that the graduation is on Thursday and they are living on Wednesday.please i would welcome all ideas and information from you all cheers.

They probably wouldn't need to be explaining to the VFS ppl about the urgency of their application, if that's their purpose of going to the vAC without being called. This is because the VFS only act as agencies and can do little or nothing to hasten the visa process. They can however try checking the VAC where they applied, just to double check cos in the recent past, I think there's been a whole lot of backlog. Or they can just hang on a little while. Applicants are advices to apply well in time (especially at thus "peak" period, and also NOT make concrete travel plans before the visa application is processed and sent back to the applicant.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by newbie2014: 2:58pm On Jul 18, 2014
dove30:

I hope u submitted at ikeja ? You could be lucky sha.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by peace009: 3:03pm On Jul 18, 2014
Hello guys, i need your advise. I have been to the UK several times (6 times) and i have been issued 6mnths and 2yrs visa but now expired. I want to renew now and just want to get things rightly. When i applied before i was working in the bank but i have resigned and start my own business which is registered LTD and have recent tax clearance. In one of my visit to the UK i stayed 3mnths and 2wks for the purpose of trying to buy vehicle and used things for export. I have documents bill of ladings for all the vehicles i purchased in the UK and other receipt for the used items and engines i bought. Now, am willing to apply now so as to go for holiday. Can i add my company's acct and personal acct , other properties documents. my personal is like 800k. what other things do i need ? I need help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dove30: 3:11pm On Jul 18, 2014
justwise: [/b] I'm not sure that will make any difference, not sure they will attend to them without pre-booked appointment. They can give it a go, who knows...

Yea who knows ill tell them to go there ang give it a try
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 3:15pm On Jul 18, 2014
peace009: Hello guys, i need your advise. I have been to the UK several times (6 times) and i have been issued 6mnths and 2yrs visa but now expired. I want to renew now and just want to get things rightly. When i applied before i was working in the bank but i have resigned and start my own business which is registered LTD and have recent tax clearance. In one of my visit to the UK i stayed 3mnths and 2wks for the purpose of trying to buy vehicle and used things for export. I have documents bill of ladings for all the vehicles i purchased in the UK and other receipt for the used items and engines i bought. Now, am willing to apply now so as to go for holiday. Can i add my company's acct and personal acct , other properties documents. my personal is like 800k. what other things do i need ? I need help.

Read carefully thru the thread for an idea of necessary documents which can be tailored to suit your situation.

I would say yes, include both personal and company account and my reason is that if you need to show some trading activities in your company, your company account can show that. And if you need to show how you can take care of your proposed trip plus something to fall back to when you return from the trip, your personal account can show that. But be sure to indicate that the company account is provided to show trading activities OR ELSE, it may be used (in error) to assess your application, and depending on the purpose of your trip, if for tourism for example, you may have to explain to the ECO why you're using company funds for your. Trip

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dove30: 3:19pm On Jul 18, 2014
peace009: Hello guys, i need your advise. I have been to the UK several times (6 times) and i have been issued 6mnths and 2yrs visa but now expired. I want to renew now and just want to get things rightly. When i applied before i was working in the bank but i have resigned and start my own business which is registered LTD and have recent tax clearance. In one of my visit to the UK i stayed 3mnths and 2wks for the purpose of trying to buy vehicle and used things for export. I have documents bill of ladings for all the vehicles i purchased in the UK and other receipt for the used items and engines i bought. Now, am willing to apply now so as to go for holiday. Can i add my company's acct and personal acct , other properties documents. my personal is like 800k. what other things do i need ? I need help.

I meant going to the embassy not going to vfs
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dove30: 3:21pm On Jul 18, 2014
newbie2014:

I hope u submitted at ikeja ? You could be lucky sha.

why ikeja please is there a reaon for asking this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by peace009: 3:34pm On Jul 18, 2014
Thanks do appreciate your advise. my intention of adding the company's docs and acct is to show i have genuine business doing after i have resigned from the bank. Is it advisable i add the receipts and bill of lading of the things have bought in my previous travel ? Can u kindly help me out abt the letter to the ECO ? if i needed any .... also abt my long stay of 3mnths 2wks does it means anything ? I read that there is a need to explain why someone need long term visa like 5yrs , am willing to apply for . await ur response.. Thanksssss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by newbie2014: 3:44pm On Jul 18, 2014
dove30:

why ikeja please is there a reaon for asking this?

ikeja is faster recently. I applied last month and it took 3 wks plus to get the visa at Lekki . Though its no more vfs that is handling things now. You could be lucky to get it by wednesday. where did u apply ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by henrychubayo: 4:05pm On Jul 18, 2014
Please I need answer to this question. Is insurance required for UK visa for 2 weeks?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Silverb(f): 4:07pm On Jul 18, 2014
Silverb: Hello guys, plz how long does UPS courier takes to deliver a package? my application status just showed. Processed application delivered to UPS on.

please can someone help me out with this question, thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 4:34pm On Jul 18, 2014
Silverb: please can someone help me out with this question, thanks.
Silverb: Hello guys, plz how long does UPS courier takes to deliver a package? my application status just showed. Processed application delivered to UPS on.

If I recall right, it takes 2-3 working days AFTER VFS receives the package.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by olumide098(m): 4:40pm On Jul 18, 2014
Please London cool, justwise and other guruz in the house, Am totally a novince when it comes to UK application. i have a valid yankee student Visa, going to NYC but have a stop over for 15 hours for heathrow and i can not stay for one place when am not an oracle..lol.. please how can i scope them on my purpose of entering UK? what can be the require amount my sponsor can get in his account? how many weeks can this process take? do i need tax card etc..guyz i need to know..so far my flight will land exactly 20:05 can i book hotel near the airport...Please guyz nah
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Silverb(f): 4:45pm On Jul 18, 2014
3sha4lyf:

If I recall right, it takes 2-3 working days AFTER VFS receives the package.
ok, thank u. Please one more question, how do I track my ups package? I've tried tracking the package on their website I keep getting, UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later. I used this H9755386485(waybill/tracking number was written under it so I guess that could be the tracking number) tracking number. Please help me out

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (426)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.