Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,750 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa (209672 Views)

How Easy Is It To Get Belgium Visa For Education / Getting Admission To Study Free In Tbilis Georgia / How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Ik09: 9:41am On Jul 18, 2014
marioxbenita50: Is unfortunate that this thread is moving backwards, anyway please houz I need an advice on hw to process my documents in ghana. The IND has approved my visa so I have to summit my application in ghana next week. my question is how many days will it take them 2 access my documents b4 stamping my passport? Secondly, will they interview me based on the whole stuff, and will I have 2 pay for the MVV visa...lastly I dnt have anybody in ghana...

Read this page on the general procedures: http://hongkong.nlconsulate.org/services/visa%5B2%5D/visa-for-long-stay-mvv-over-90-days. It's the HK embassy, but it should apply worldwide.

You can either submit your application in Accra or Cotonou. You need to make an appointment (4 weeks ahead) for Accra, but you can apply at Cotonou without making one. In both cases, they'll take your passport from you, so prepare to spend at least a week waiting for it. Could be a bit longer for Cotonou...

However you can easily cross the border from Cotonou back to Nigeria to wait until they contact you (lots of car buyers and agents cross it every day). It's not so easy for Accra, so you're essentially stuck there till you get your passport back.

Go with the relevant documents and passport photographs made to Dutch requirements (this is very important). The system uses facial recognition, and it won't let them create a file for you if the photograph isn't to its requirements.

If you decide to apply in Accra, you have to take the photograph at Flash Photo in Osu. It's Dutch passport (not visa!) passport you want. Advisable to get this done the day before your appointment.

I don't know where the Cotonou embassy uses for passport photographs, so you'll have to email them to ask if you decide to apply from there. Alternatively, you can ask the Abj / Lag embassies to see if they can recommend any local studios.

If you go with passport photos from anywhere else, they'll most likely be rejected.

As for hotels, I can only comment on Accra. The hotels are fairly expensive. Obviously there are cheaper guest houses / hostels not advertised on the Internet, but the cheapest place I stayed at cost $54. Sorianna hotel along Spintex road. It's FAR from town and, combined with the traffic in Accra, prepare to spend over an hour on the road.

I stayed at three other places costing between $84 - $100 in Osu (the town centre) where the shops and beach were a short taxi ride away.

Spending over a week paying that kind of money just for accommodation will definitely hurt your pocket!

Personally, I'd advise you to apply from Cotonou - no need to wait for over a month for an appointment. And you can easily cross the border (unofficially) back to Nigeria while your application is being processed. Email both embassies to enquire beforehand though.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by marioxbenita50: 10:59pm On Jul 18, 2014
Ik09:

Read this page on the general procedures: http://hongkong.nlconsulate.org/services/visa%5B2%5D/visa-for-long-stay-mvv-over-90-days. It's the HK embassy, but it should apply worldwide.

You can either submit your application in Accra or Cotonou. You need to make an appointment (4 weeks ahead) for Accra, but you can apply at Cotonou without making one. In both cases, they'll take your passport from you, so prepare to spend at least a week waiting for it. Could be a bit longer for Cotonou...

However you can easily cross the border from Cotonou back to Nigeria to wait until they contact you (lots of car buyers and agents cross it every day). It's not so easy for Accra, so you're essentially stuck there till you get your passport back.

Go with the relevant documents and passport photographs made to Dutch requirements (this is very important). The system uses facial recognition, and it won't let them create a file for you if the photograph isn't to its requirements.

If you decide to apply in Accra, you have to take the photograph at Flash Photo in Osu. It's Dutch passport (not visa!) passport you want. Advisable to get this done the day before your appointment.

I don't know where the Cotonou embassy uses for passport photographs, so you'll have to email them to ask if you decide to apply from there. Alternatively, you can ask the Abj / Lag embassies to see if they can recommend any local studios.

If you go with passport photos from anywhere else, they'll most likely be rejected.

As for hotels, I can only comment on Accra. The hotels are fairly expensive. Obviously there are cheaper guest houses / hostels not advertised on the Internet, but the cheapest place I stayed at cost $54. Sorianna hotel along Spintex road. It's FAR from town and, combined with the traffic in Accra, prepare to spend over an hour on the road.

I stayed at three other places costing between $84 - $100 in Osu (the town centre) where the shops and beach were a short taxi ride away.

As you can see, spending over a week paying that kind of money just for accommodation will hurt your pockets.

Personally, I'd advise you to apply from Cotonou - no need to wait for over a month for an appointment. And you can easily cross the border (unofficially) back to Nigeria while your application is being processed. Email both embassies to enquire beforehand though.

Thank u brother, U hv enlightened me I really appreciate this useful information..for the passport I know is going to give me problem cos the one I have right nw with me is an ordinary passport. And my problem is that am living for ghana first thing 2moro morning from owerri and by God's grace I will definitely reach ghana on sunday...the place u mention (Osu) in ghana do u hv any ideal if they do open on sundays because my appointment is by monday 8.am in the morning...thanks in anticipation
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Ik09: 2:22am On Jul 19, 2014
marioxbenita50:

Thank u brother, U hv enlightened me I really appreciate this useful information..for the passport I know is going to give me problem cos the one I have right nw with me is an ordinary passport. And my problem is that am living for ghana first thing 2moro morning from owerri and by God's grace I will definitely reach ghana on sunday...the place u mention (Osu) in ghana do u hv any ideal if they do open on sundays because my appointment is by monday 8.am in the morning...thanks in anticipation

I don't know if they open on Sundays, but I doubt it. If you get to Accra on time you can go there to check. It's Flash Photo Lab, just on Osu roundabout. It's on the side of the roundabout opposite Oxford Street. There's a big sign so you can't miss it.

Remember, it's a Dutch passport passport photo you want, and not visa passport photo! (confusing, I know). That distinction is important. Costs GHS 15 for four photos.

If they don't open on Sunday, still go for your appointment on time (they say you won't be allowed into the compound if you show up >30 mins late). When you enter, there's a guy in charge of checking through applicants' documents. Tell him you want to go and quickly take a passport, and you should be able to leave.

Getting a taxi to and from the photo studio should take less than 30 mins.

Another tip: taxi drivers in Accra DON'T know places within the city so they won't know where the embassy is. Tell them you're going to the same road as TV3 (a TV station), but opposite Prudential Bank.

Btw, how did you manage to get an appointment for Monday?
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by marioxbenita50: 3:18am On Jul 19, 2014
Ik09:

I don't know if they open on Sundays, but I doubt it. If you get to Accra on time you can go there to check. It's Flash Photo Lab, just on Osu roundabout. It's on the side of the roundabout opposite Oxford Street. There's a big sign so you can't miss it.

Remember, it's a Dutch passport passport photo you want, and not visa passport photo! (confusing, I know). That distinction is important. Costs GHS 15 for four photos.

If they don't open on Sunday, still go for your appointment on time (they say you won't be allowed into the compound if you show up >30 mins late). When you enter, there's a guy in charge of checking through applicants' documents. Tell him you want to go and quickly take a passport, and you should be able to leave.

Getting a taxi to and from the photo studio should take less than 30 mins.

Another tip: taxi drivers in Accra DON'T know places within the city so they won't know where the embassy is. Tell them you're going to the same road as TV3 (a TV station), but opposite Prudential Bank.

Btw, how did you manage to get an appointment for Monday?

The school booked an appointment for me on tuesday bt the kingdom embassy sent me a mail that I can come in any working day and that the process takes 5 working days....once more thanks for ur help...
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Ik09: 8:16am On Jul 19, 2014
marioxbenita50:

The school booked an appointment for me on tuesday bt the kingdom embassy sent me a mail that I can come in any working day and that the process takes 5 working days....once more thanks for ur help...

OK, that makes sense.

All the best!
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by marioxbenita50: 4:03pm On Jul 22, 2014
I sumited my documents in the embassy on monday and they said we should come next week tuesday for collection..reaching my house the man dat inviewed me call me and said dat I should come for de collection on wednesday jst 2days after my submission.. Is it normal or is there a problem?
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Naijalastborn(m): 5:17pm On Jul 22, 2014
marioxbenita50: I sumited my documents in the embassy on monday and they said we should come next week tuesday for collection..reaching my house the man dat inviewed me call me and said dat I should come for de collection on wednesday jst 2days after my submission.. Is it normal or is there a problem?
its could be like that maybe the rules changed again but don't be too happy because it might not be yours.. it happen to me too, i have to rushed down spending 15k over night just to get it and i am so devasted when i got there and it was a silly mistakes made by own staff.. the passport is not for me. But all the same still go ahead and see. It might be true the rules changed constantly
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by suxes2005(m): 5:45pm On Jul 22, 2014
marioxbenita50: I sumited my documents in the embassy on monday and they said we should come next week tuesday for collection..reaching my house the man dat inviewed me call me and said dat I should come for de collection on wednesday jst 2days after my submission.. Is it normal or is there a problem?

Nigerians and unnecessary fear smiley

I think I know how you feel.

Calm down.

As long as you've done the right thing; then your visa should
be issued.

It is well
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by marioxbenita50: 4:17am On Jul 24, 2014
Hi house am xo hapi to announce to u that I collected my visa from de kingdom embassy Accra yesterday. I also want 2 use this opportunity to thank everybody for his/her contribution when I was processing my documents... You guys rock..

7 Likes

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Naijalastborn(m): 5:01am On Jul 24, 2014
marioxbenita50: Hi house am xo hapi to announce to u that I collected my visa from de kingdom embassy Accra yesterday. I also want 2 use this opportunity to thank everybody for his/her contribution when I was processing my documents... You guys rock..
graag gedaan

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Ik09: 5:24am On Jul 24, 2014
marioxbenita50: Hi house am xo hapi to announce to u that I collected my visa from de kingdom embassy Accra yesterday. I also want 2 use this opportunity to thank everybody for his/her contribution when I was processing my documents... You guys rock..

Congrats!!!
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by chatmate: 10:12am On Jul 24, 2014
maxi.. where u dey for naija oo..lol maybe we go fit enter amsterdam together... enjoying lag now ahaha.. happi for ya
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by digitite: 2:30pm On Jul 24, 2014
@marioxbenita50

Congrats cool. Wish you a safe journey to the kingdom of the Netherlands. We are coming to join you guys cool

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by shakol91(m): 10:40pm On Jul 24, 2014
happy for you. I pray God will give us our own victory very soon (Amen) pls don't forget this thread when you get their like the OP did. And if you have any link or any idea about the schools over there,pls share it. So when is your school resuming and when are you leaving
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by shakol91(m): 10:44pm On Jul 24, 2014
chatmate: maxi.. where u dey for naija oo..lol maybe we go fit enter amsterdam together... enjoying lag now ahaha.. happi for ya
guy u knw dey try oo,u fall my hand big time. U suppose dey over feed us with info about schools
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by shakol91(m): 11:00pm On Jul 24, 2014
digitite: @marioxbenita50

Congrats cool. Wish you a safe journey to the kingdom of the Netherlands. We are coming to join you guys cool
na so bro. I see you're still on admission/visa stuff Pls i'll like us to share school info together plus interested individuals following this thread. do u have an idea of schools with average tuition fee for m.sc. I asked this question because i believe in collective research(and this have helped a lot of similar traveling threads on NL),pple that i've asked b4 thought i was lazy to use google but that's not the case. You might have come across a cheaper school even with a similar course i wanted or maybe in a city that i will like to stay.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by shakol91(m): 11:25pm On Jul 24, 2014
IF WE WANT THIS THREAD TO BE ACTIVE AND NOT THAT WE ONLY COME HERE TO SAY CONGRAT ONCE IN 7 MONTHS. Pls let's share our research and info about schools. People that knows schools with cheap tuition fee should post it. People that knows how to get grants,assistance etc should explain. People that knows stages/process/procedures that it entails to start from scratch(searching for schools) to the last stage of getting student Visa from the kingdom which almost all newbies aspiring to study in Netherlands doesn't know should list/state/explain. I said all this because the motto of TRAVEL section said Do It Yourself (DIY) so how can a novice excel on this thread without collective work and we say no to Agent. Pls we should all contribute for the progress of this thread. God bless all
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by digitite: 11:29pm On Jul 24, 2014
shakol91: na so bro. I see you're still on admission/visa stuff Pls i'll like us to share school info together plus interested individuals following this thread. do u have an idea of schools with average tuition fee for m.sc. I asked this question because i believe in collective research(and this have helped a lot of similar traveling threads on NL),pple that i've asked b4 thought i was lazy to use google but that's not the case. You might have come across a cheaper school even with a similar course i wanted or maybe in a city that i will like to stay.

Bros, check out The Hague University of Applied Sciences.... Most University of Applied Sciences are cheaper with applicable courses.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by shakol91(m): 11:47pm On Jul 24, 2014
digitite:

Bros, check out The Hague University of Applied Sciences.... Most University of Applied Sciences are cheaper with applicable courses.
thanks bro. I need things like this to continue on this thread. Not that I'm lazy like some thought,if I have answers to others questions I will also give.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by digitite: 6:40am On Jul 25, 2014
shakol91: thanks bro. I need things like this to continue on this thread. Not that I'm lazy like some thought,if I have answers to others questions I will also give.

Sure,it will continue. Just have some patience if you don't receive response on time, cause life/work can be overbearing....
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by marioxbenita50: 7:05am On Jul 25, 2014
Our international students welcoming day is on 29th august, nd my visa started accounting on the 23 of dis month...
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by justwise(m): 7:14am On Jul 25, 2014
shakol91: IF WE WANT THIS THREAD TO BE ACTIVE AND NOT THAT WE ONLY COME HERE TO SAY CONGRAT ONCE IN 7 MONTHS. Pls let's share our research and info about schools. People that knows schools with cheap tuition fee should post it. People that knows how to get grants,assistance etc should explain. People that knows stages/process/procedures that it entails to start from scratch(searching for schools) to the last stage of getting student Visa from the kingdom which almost all newbies aspiring to study in Netherlands doesn't know should list/state/explain. I said all this because the motto of TRAVEL section said Do It Yourself (DIY) so how can a novice excel on this thread without collective work and we say no to Agent. Pls we should all contribute for the progress of this thread. God bless all

The problem is your attitude, it turns people off

Feel free to look for an agent anywhere you live, nobody is stopping you. The moment you get your visa nobody will see you here again.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by shakol91(m): 9:13am On Jul 25, 2014
justwise:

The problem is your attitude, it turns people off

Feel free to look for an agent anywhere you live, nobody is stopping you. The moment you get your visa nobody will see you here again.
did you say my attitude,what did i do? Why all this justy....(honestly u dey fall my hand) I didn't say i want to use agent,maybe you need to read my post for second time and get a better understanding of what i said.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by shakol91(m): 9:29am On Jul 25, 2014
digitite:

Sure,it will continue. Just have some patience if you don't receive response on time, cause life/work can be overbearing....
thanks bro,i understand u very well. I don't know why some people see me as an impatient and lazy person. Well,I still have a lot of time to prepare because I'm not applying this year
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Naijalastborn(m): 1:40pm On Jul 25, 2014
marioxbenita50: Our international students welcoming day is on 29th august, nd my visa started accounting on the 23 of dis month...
Dont worry its covered for 3 months right? When you get to Holland you will be given Card
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by digitite: 9:05pm On Jul 25, 2014
shakol91: thanks bro,i understand u very well. I don't know why some people see me as an impatient and lazy person. Well,I still have a lot of time to prepare because I'm not applying this year

Just take things a step at a time, all is well.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by shakol91(m): 7:25am On Jul 26, 2014
digitite:

Just take things a step at a time, all is well.
alright bro. God bless you and pls try to update as things unfold
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by marioxbenita50: 7:37pm On Jul 30, 2014
Hi house i will be flying soon and i promise to give this thread all that it gave to me when i arrive the netherlands..one luv
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by shakol91(m): 8:52pm On Jul 30, 2014
marioxbenita50: Hi house i will be flying soon and i promise to give this thread all that it gave to me when i arrive the netherlands..one luv
have a nice trip. Pls u can post your traveling and POE transcript
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by adeogunoga(m): 9:01pm On Jul 30, 2014
Hello house is there anybody that know about the university of twente am just worried have done every thing they asked me to do am only waling for their respond for the visa approved i got admission from the skul with a scholarship latter and i was told the introduction day is on the 25 of august have not yet had from them yet am just scared and have being offer an apartment from the skul what kind i do please help me out here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by shakol91(m): 9:17pm On Jul 30, 2014
adeogunoga: Hello house is there anybody that know about the university of twente am just worried have done every thing they asked me to do am only waling for their respond for the visa approved i got admission from the skul with a scholarship latter and i was told the introduction day is on the 25 of august have not yet had from them yet am just scared and have being offer an apartment from the skul what kind i do please help me out here
I've noticed the schools in Netherlands are always very busy to reply mails. Please visit twente home page get their contact phone number and give them a call. That's the best option for now because you can't get a fast reply to that problem on this thread. Goodluck bro
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by adeogunoga(m): 9:57pm On Jul 30, 2014
how long does the process really take because the school sent me some link early these month to print out some 4 document that i should read and fit then sign it and send it back to them with all my passport copy and i should send it by DHL they received by Monday, July 14, 2014 since then nothing have happened ooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (52) (Reply)

General New Zealand Student Enquires / Travelling To Canada-part2 / On Vacation: New York City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.