Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa (209324 Views)

How Easy Is It To Get Belgium Visa For Education / Getting Admission To Study Free In Tbilis Georgia / How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by abivic(m): 11:57pm On Sep 02, 2014
I have a mature friend of 30+ years of age [/b]who has never been to university before but has been searching for an [b]affordable oversea admission for quite sometimes now. He has only his WAEC result. What is the possibility of him getting admission abroad without his age being a barrier? If possible, what are the requirements? Anyone with similar experience? No abusive or provocative post please. Thanks.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by megastu(m): 11:40am On Sep 05, 2014
nodawa: I'm on short visit visa cos I will be in Netherlands on 26. But I wish to visit France , how easy for someone to cross from Holland to France or is it possible for me to go straight to France cos I booked for air France ticket so after some days I will now move to Netherlands . Pls I need your enlightenment on it. Thank you.

You can take the Euroline bus. It is very cheap and a nice way to see the country side.

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by nodawa(m): 8:02pm On Sep 05, 2014
megastu: nodawa: I'm on short visit visa cos I will be in Netherlands on 26. But I wish to visit France , how easy for someone to cross from Holland to France or is it possible for me to go straight to France cos I booked for air France ticket so after some days I will now move to Netherlands . Pls I need your enlightenment on it. Thank you.

You can take the Euroline bus. It is very cheap and a nice way to see the country side.

thank you so much
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by adeogunoga(m): 7:17pm On Sep 07, 2014
oh boy na cheap house i dey fine nau ooh mehn Holland to to expensive i don't know how to start to fine job am living on one month rent on campus i study at Twente no black here mehn am bored GOD i know you will work some things out for me any 9ja guys who is living in holland abeg make will meet ooh will be one blood ooo remember 9ja blood
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by ababio1: 6:41am On Sep 08, 2014
Hello 2good. I would like to apply for a geophysics masters at TU Delft and I have a gpa of 4.40 from UNILAG in electrical engineering. I plan to take the TOEFL very soon. However sometimes I think my gpa is low and my application may not be considered. I Would be glad to hear your advice on this and your opinions on my chances for admission. Thanks a lot
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Ik09: 8:10am On Sep 08, 2014
adeogunoga: oh boy na cheap house i dey fine nau ooh mehn Holland to to expensive i don't know how to start to fine job am living on one month rent on campus i study at Twente no black here mehn am bored GOD i know you will work some things out for me any 9ja guys who is living in holland abeg make will meet ooh will be one blood ooo remember 9ja blood

You've probably heard this before, but just in case...

Register on kamernet.nl, then u can search for rooms to rent. There's an option at the top right (I think) to view the site in English.

Being the only Nigerian in your vicinity is tough, but you'll adapt. Besides if you can't survive without Nigerians nearby, you should have stayed back in Nigeria?. Term just started, so clubs and societies will be open to new members. You could try joining one.

Or just try being friendly with your classmates. Instead of being 'the black guy with earphones that's always frowning' (trust me, I've been there before), you could try starting conversation with someone in class. That's the easiest way to make friends.

Getting a job is always difficult. But if you can't speak Dutch, you will NOT get a part-time job. Focus on learning the language first...

Unfortunately, if cash is tight there's very little international students can do legitimately. I guess that's why they ask for proof of funds before granting visas.

All the best, Bro. You've been given an opportunity most people can only dream about.

5 Likes

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by digitite: 4:50pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ik09:

Register on kamernet.nl, then u can search for rooms to rent. There's an option at the top right (I think) to view the site in English.

Being the only Nigerian in your vicinity is tough, but you'll adapt. Besides if you can't survive without Nigerians nearby, you should have stayed back in Nigeria?. Term just started, so clubs and societies will be open to new members. You could try joining one.

Or just try being friendly with your classmates. Instead of being 'the black guy with earphones that's always frowning' (trust me, I've been there before), you could try starting conversation with someone in class. That's the easiest way to make friends.

Getting a job is always difficult. But if you can't speak Dutch, you will NOT get a part-time job. Focus on learning the language first...

Unfortunately, if cash is tight there's very little international students can do legitimately. I guess that's why they ask for proof of funds before granting visas.

All the best, Bro. You've been given an opportunity most people can only dream about.

Good advice.

What about ICT jobs. You know computer is a universal language. Do such job require Dutch language skills ? Of course, I know learning the language is important......
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by DisGuy: 6:48pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ik09:

excellent!
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Ik09: 9:24pm On Sep 08, 2014
digitite:

Good advice.

What about ICT jobs. You know computer is a universal language. Do such job require Dutch language skills ? Of course, I know learning the language is important......

If you're talking about full-time work, you can get an IT job without knowing Dutch - epecially in international companies. But even then, employers will pick a native speaker in most cases.

I can't think of any part time roles in an IT firm that won't require Dutch though.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Ik09: 10:04pm On Sep 08, 2014
Double post
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by marioxbenita50: 9:46pm On Sep 09, 2014
Guy as am typing this message am in groningen nw....blive me no job for us international students bt u can try a resturant via cleaning cos u dnt need to talk to anybody while cleaning or u wait till summer comes...
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by digitite: 10:18am On Sep 10, 2014
Ik09:

If you're talking about full-time work, you can get an IT job without knowing Dutch - epecially in international companies. But even then, employers will pick a native speaker in most cases.

I can't think of any part time roles in an IT firm that won't require Dutch though.

Thanks for the insight. With time, I will weigh my options. Since I will be staying in Eindhoven - with huge concentration of Tech and International companies - come next year. I hope to find something manageable before picking up on the language.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Naijalastborn(m): 5:26pm On Sep 10, 2014
Coming to Holland? Learn to speak dutch ASAP.. Learn to Ride Bike and Driving skills is also plus on your side. Welcome to Land of Orange, a country where nothing is free.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by shollyman1: 5:30am On Sep 15, 2014
I just dicided to study in holland I have the funds and I need u guys to guide me cus am planing on getting an admission for next year january please help me out on what and what to do to make this dream come tru I intend to study law or a ny related courses

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by BarrEgo(f): 10:21am On Sep 16, 2014
Hi All. Please, I hate to be a bother but I am freaking out! I need guidance, abeg!
My school - Utrecht University ie the no. 1 university in Netherland, 13 in Europe, 52 in the world grin cool - submitted my application for MVV and Residence Permit on 27th of August (had glitches in transferring the visa fees, hence the lateness), school has started and I've been having classes through Skype (it's not so bad! It's just that when there is a discussion going on, it's super hard to trace the voices and follow the conversation). I haven't heard from the IND and the school's staff said she isnt sure of when the visa will be out.
I was wondering how long it takes: from submission of the application to visa approval to stamping by the Embassy at Accra. Please, save me hypertension and share your timelines please. Bless!
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by adeogunoga(m): 9:03am On Sep 18, 2014
in my own case when i went to their embassy in Accra i submitted my application on Monday and i get my visa on Wednesday if the school have you to go to Ghana you will have to write to the embassy in ghana first to make and appointment they may tell you to come in any working days
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by BarrEgo(f): 10:05am On Sep 18, 2014
Okay. Thanks. But, please, how long did it take from when your submitted the application to when IND approved said application. It's been three weeks and I haven't heard anything. Kinda worried!
adeogunoga: in my own case when i went to their embassy in Accra i submitted my application on Monday and i get my visa on Wednesday if the school have you to go to Ghana you will have to write to the embassy in ghana first to make and appointment they may tell you to come in any working days
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 2:26pm On Sep 19, 2014
marioxbenita50: Guy as am typing this message am in groningen nw....blive me no job for us international students bt u can try a resturant via cleaning cos u dnt need to talk to anybody while cleaning or u wait till summer comes...

Bro, welcome to Netherlands. Been a while i was on here, how's life in groningen? Hope you doing good. Wens u het beste. Geniet!!!
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by BarrEgo(f): 1:07am On Sep 20, 2014
Hi everybody! I've heard from Utrecht University. I'm to pick up my MVV in Accra. Glory to God!

4 Likes

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 1:17pm On Sep 20, 2014
BarrEgo: Hi everybody! I've heard from Utrecht University. I'm to pick up my MVV in Accra. Glory to God!

I'm happy for you. Welkom to Dutch land.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Naijalastborn(m): 1:40pm On Sep 20, 2014
BarrEgo: Hi everybody! I've heard from Utrecht University. I'm to pick up my MVV in Accra. Glory to God!
Congratulations!!
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by kennycanny: 6:02pm On Sep 20, 2014
Hello all, can someone kindly shed light on this question, especially to those already in Holland. Is there any legal opportunity given to student to work and stay after studies in Holland?
Just trying to know b4 committing such big money to this dream.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Naijalastborn(m): 7:29pm On Sep 20, 2014
kennycanny: Hello all, can someone kindly shed light on this question, especially to those already in Holland. Is there any legal opportunity given to student to work and stay after studies in Holland?
Dream

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 8:51pm On Sep 20, 2014
kennycanny: Hello all, can someone kindly shed light on this question, especially to those already in Holland. Is there any legal opportunity given to student to work and stay after studies in Holland?

Two things are involved. First, you have to understand that according to the terms on which your study residence permit is issued, you are not allowed to work. But if you so desire to work, you have to meet an employer who is willing to hire you and also file for your Work Permit as you cannot do this on your own. The complex part of this is that the process is most times hectic, time consuming and most employers decline the offer of hiring you as a foreign student especially if you cannot speak Dutch.

Secondly, you are not allowed to work more than 10 hrs per week during your study semester, this with an exception on long holidays were you are permitted to work as many hours as you so wish, but again you still need a work permit to do so.

Finally the reality is that even if you succeed in been hired for a part time work (10 hrs per week) there is very low survival rate for you and you cannot afford to live and pay your tuition fee from your earnings. You can apply for your a residence permit after your graduation which is mostly valid for 1 year, this allows you to look for work within the validity of that permit. Your university will assist you in this application, so be well assured that it will be granted. So if you can afford your tuition for the duration of your study, then by all means coming to the Orange Country is worth it. All the best.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by kennycanny: 6:51pm On Sep 21, 2014
pdesmond1:

Two things are involved. First, you have to understand that according to the terms on which your study residence permit is issued, you are not allowed to work. But if you so desire to work, you have to meet an employer who is willing to hire you and also file for your Work Permit as you cannot do this on your own. The complex part of this is that the process is most times hectic, time consuming and most employers decline the offer of hiring you as a foreign student especially if you cannot speak Dutch.

Secondly, you are not allowed to work more than 10 hrs per week during your study semester, this with an exception on long holidays were you are permitted to work as many hours as you so wish, but again you still need a work permit to do so.

Finally the reality is that even if you succeed in been hired for a part time work (10 hrs per week) there is very low survival rate for you and you cannot afford to live and pay your tuition fee from your earnings. You can apply for your a residence permit after your graduation which is mostly valid for 1 year, this allows you to look for work within the validity of that permit. Your university will assist you in this application, so be well assured that it will be granted. So if you can afford your tuition for the duration of your study, then by all means coming to the Orange Country is worth it. All the best.

Thanks for your time on this. I really appreciate it. It not easy to use your time to type all these info.
If I get your msg clearly, if I can afford the 1year fees for msc and living expenses. I ll likely be able to stay put after my program there.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 10:57pm On Sep 21, 2014
kennycanny:

Thanks for your time on this. I really appreciate it. It not easy to use your time to type all these info.
If I get your msg clearly, if I can afford the 1year fees for msc and living expenses. I ll likely be able to stay put after my program there.

The possibility is quite high, this is because you will be able to get 1 year of residence permit which allows you to look for work and be able to work. Once you get the job, you or your employer can file for extension of your residence permit. After uninterrupted 5 years of working, you can apply for permanent residence card.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by kennycanny: 10:05am On Sep 22, 2014
pdesmond1:

The possibility is quite high, this is because you will be able to get 1 year of residence permit which allows you to look for work and be able to work. Once you get the job, you or your employer can file for extension of your residence permit. After uninterrupted 5 years of working, you can apply for permanent residence card.

Thanks so much. I think I get the msg very clear. I think my only concern now is weather I ll be able to get a job without good knowledge of Dutch language, or how easy it ll be to learn d language.

Thanks once more for your efforts on this trend.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by BarrEgo(f): 11:51am On Sep 22, 2014
Thanks guys! I am happy... Please, what documents do I go with? The embassy said I should come with legalized birth and non-marriage certificates? What does that mean, please? I am at sea!!

pdesmond1:
I'm happy for you. Welkom to Dutch land.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by BarrEgo(f): 12:15pm On Sep 22, 2014
Hi Mario.
Please what documents did you go to Accra with? Did you legalize the documents at any Ministry?
I'm asking becuase I live in Enugu and I plan on leaving for Lagos this evening. And it will catastrophic to get to Lagos and have to go back to Abuja because of legalization. Biko, my brain is just tired. Kindly help me out with specifics.
Bless!

marioxbenita50: Is unfortunate that this thread is moving backwards, anyway please houz I need an advice on hw to process my documents in ghana. The IND has approved my visa so I have to summit my application in ghana next week. my question is how many days will it take them 2 access my documents b4 stamping my passport? Secondly, will they interview me based on the whole stuff, and will I have 2 pay for the MVV visa...lastly I dnt have anybody in ghana...
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Naijalastborn(m): 12:17pm On Sep 22, 2014
BarrEgo: Thanks guys! I am happy... Please, what documents do I go with? The embassy said I should come with legalized birth and non-marriage certificates? What does that mean, please? I am at sea!!

You can go to Npc to get your birth certifcate..
Check the link below you could find somethings on how go about it

https://www.nairaland.com/1815013/nigerian-birth-certificate-needed-national

Non Marriage certificate you can get at the Local Government.. For it to be legalized you a stamp from Ministry of Foreign affairs..

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Naijalastborn(m): 12:29pm On Sep 22, 2014
kennycanny:

Thanks so much. I think I get the msg very clear. I think my only concern now is weather I ll be able to get a job without good knowledge of Dutch language, or how easy it ll be to learn d language.

Thanks once more for your efforts on this trend.
Its very possible to get job without the knowledge of dutch but it depends on What kind of job it is.. Dutch is one of the most difficult languages, but you can learn it so quick because its comprise of some english words, If you are a fast learner and focus you should have insights on the language in 2 to 3 months and from there you can start building up to it.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by 2good(m): 12:57pm On Sep 22, 2014
pdesmond1:

Getting a job after graduation is not as easy as Desmond have put it. As at when I graduated, you must have a job that pays you atleast €28,000 which is not quite easy for many people even after getting your MSc degree. I graduated from TU Delft which is a very top and oldest Technical University in The Netherlands as there are only 3 Technical University in the Netherlands (TU Delft, TU Eindhoven and Univ of Twente) and companies do come to recruit students before they graduate. The unfortunate thing is that most companies refuse to employ Non EU graduate because they have to prove to the government that there is no qualified Dutch or EU citizen before they can employ you which is quite tough. But if you are coming for an Engineering/ Science based degree, then you have a much higher chance of getting a job because there are always better opportunities for Engineer/ Scientist and you don't have to speak Dutch to get such jobs most times. But for those coming for humanities studies, I will not advice you to waste the high tuition to come in The Netherlands because nobody will pay you €28,000 after graduation and you will most likely have to leave after the 1 year search expires.
The point is things are not as easy as people present it because I know alot of Nigerians that had to leave the Netherlands after one year of doing menial job in The Netherlands post graduation. Infact more people leave than remain after graduation because they don't want to remain illegal and continue doing menial job after getting an expensive foreign education. Many of the guys that go back to Nigeria, end up getting much better job than they were doing in The Netherlands while so many other leave for other countries for further studies because it is much easier to go to US, Canada and any other country you can think of with your Dutch degree.
If you are coming to study in The Netherlands, the primary aim should be to develop yourself and get a very sound education because if you come with the aim of working from day 1, then you would most likely be disappointed. Also for an aspiring MS student, you must have the first year tuition and cost of living to be able to survive properly because raising €12,500 for tuition alone for a school like TU Delft is tough when you are only allowed to work for just 10 hrs in a week. Even the Dutch and Europeans don't have that money to pay for tuition.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (52) (Reply)

General New Zealand Student Enquires / Travelling To Canada-part2 / On Vacation: New York City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.