Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa (209920 Views)

How Easy Is It To Get Belgium Visa For Education / Getting Admission To Study Free In Tbilis Georgia / How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 4:01pm On Sep 22, 2014
2good:

Getting a job after graduation is not as easy as Desmond have put it. As at when I graduated, you must have a job that pays you atleast €28,000 which is not quite easy for many people even after getting your MSc degree. I graduated from TU Delft which is a very top and oldest Technical University in The Netherlands as there are only 3 Technical University in the Netherlands (TU Delft, TU Eindhoven and Univ of Twente) and companies do come to recruit students before they graduate. The unfortunate thing is that most companies refuse to employ Non EU graduate because they have to prove to the government that there is no qualified Dutch or EU citizen before they can employ you which is quite tough. But if you are coming for an Engineering/ Science based degree, then you have a much higher chance of getting a job because there are always better opportunities for Engineer/ Scientist and you don't have to speak Dutch to get such jobs most times. But for those coming for humanities studies, I will not advice you to waste the high tuition to come in The Netherlands because nobody will pay you €28,000 after graduation and you will most likely have to leave after the 1 year search expires.
The point is things are not as easy as people present it because I know alot of Nigerians that had to leave the Netherlands after one year of doing menial job in The Netherlands post graduation. Infact more people leave than remain after graduation because they don't want to remain illegal and continue doing menial job after getting an expensive foreign education. Many of the guys that go back to Nigeria, end up getting much better job than they were doing in The Netherlands while so many other leave for other countries for further studies because it is much easier to go to US, Canada and any other country you can think of with your Dutch degree.
If you are coming to study in The Netherlands, the primary aim should be to develop yourself and get a very sound education because if you come with the aim of working from day 1, then you would most likely be disappointed. Also for an aspiring MS student, you must have the first year tuition and cost of living to be able to survive properly because raising €12,500 for tuition alone for a school like TU Delft is tough when you are only allowed to work for just 10 hrs in a week. Even the Dutch and Europeans don't have that money to pay for tuition.

2good you seem to have gotten me wrong. I have NOT in anyway make it sound easier or more difficult than in reality. I'm giving analysis from present/current developments as i reside here and worked in ISO. Getting a job without basic knowledge of Dutch is very difficult, the possibility might be slightly better if you reside in big student cities and other large cities. In my understanding from ISO the 1 year residence card affords you all the rights to be selected and work in any company/organisation without the employer making any so called notice for Dutch/Eu nationals. If he is able to get an employer to hire him after graduation and is paid within the average salary between 1400-2200 euro per month then everything will be just fine. The requirement for dutch fluency can be a big obstacle in been hired. So everything boils down to the possibility of getting an employer who will hire you, if you succeed in doing so, then you should be just fine.

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by marioxbenita50: 4:05pm On Sep 22, 2014
BarrEgo: Hi Mario.
Please what documents did you go to Accra with? Did you legalize the documents at any Ministry?
I'm asking becuase I live in Enugu and I plan on leaving for Lagos this evening. And it will catastrophic to get to Lagos and have to go back to Abuja because of legalization. Biko, my brain is just tired. Kindly help me out with specifics.
Bless!

Try and legalize your birth certificate in Abuja my sister helped me with mine and make sûre you go to ghana with all your documents. Finally book an appointment with thé embassy b4 leaving Hope it helps
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by digitite: 4:07pm On Sep 22, 2014
@pdesmond1

Your profound information and contribution is highly appreciated.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Ruleogo: 9:17pm On Sep 23, 2014
Hello guys...please I need information of school for jan/feb intakes.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by shakol91(m): 11:50pm On Sep 23, 2014
@ last the OP (p.desmond) is back
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by adeogunoga(m): 11:26pm On Sep 25, 2014
Guys what ever they said here believe it ooh have for me am looking for a way to run to american mehn it not eat here ooh if you want to come here my brodas hold money ooh me know happy for here ooh even do i get the money for feels i don't like it here at all ..guys i want to go to american for visit will the american embassy grant me the visa am a student of TWENTE

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by shakol91(m): 9:44am On Sep 26, 2014
adeogunoga: Guys what ever they said here believe it ooh have for me am looking for a way to run to american mehn it not eat here ooh if you want to come here my brodas hold money ooh me know happy for here ooh even do i get the money for feels i don't like it here at all ..guys i want to go to american for visit will the american embassy grant me the visa am a student of TWENTE
lol you dey scare me to come ooo. Na so everywhere,even my guy that went to canada this August,is complaining too. All we need is prayer and hardwork anywhere we are.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by xkris11(m): 12:37pm On Sep 26, 2014
@adeogunoga,you think america is more easier to survive instantly as a new comer or new student?i dont think moving from Nigeria to anywhere in the world would be instant success..INCLUDING CANADA,USA
That is why all applicant re advice to have atleast a yr school fee and enough money for accomdation,feeding e.t.c.
BUT WHAT IS YOUR STORY...CAN YOU SHARE IT HERE COS AM PLANING COMING OVER IN FEB .
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Naijalastborn(m): 1:31pm On Sep 26, 2014
Welcome to the land of Orange!!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by adeogunoga(m): 3:14pm On Sep 26, 2014
these country is a good country but make i know lie you is fucking expensive yes nowhere in world is easy but i go advise make you starting looking for woman online be for you come here because that will still help na true talk guy on street guys will understand what i mean..i won enter America because i get woman for there she want make i come visit am i hope say i go get visa for here shall abeg make won na tell me and again me just won move commont for compose i dey go city may be i go fine job and better woman dey pain me say i dey spend 100k for house rent monthly guys my advise is come over but load your pocket with better naira
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by marioxbenita50: 9:14pm On Sep 29, 2014
This is a country where nothing is free.. grin

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Naijalastborn(m): 10:21pm On Sep 29, 2014
marioxbenita50: This is a country where nothing is free.. grin
Welcome to Land of Orange
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by digitite: 10:32pm On Oct 02, 2014
Hmmm.... Do you also need to pay for the air you breath in the Land of Orange cheesy ?

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Naijalastborn(m): 12:10am On Oct 03, 2014
digitite: Hmmm.... Do you also need to pay for the air you breath in the Land of Orange cheesy ?
u go pay

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by digitite: 2:55pm On Oct 05, 2014
Naijalastborn:
u go pay

O kpari ooo.... Since I love cycling, I would have to come with CBN Reserves abi embarassed

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 3:30pm On Oct 05, 2014
digitite:

O kpari ooo.... Since I love cycling, I would have to come with CBN Reserves abi embarassed

Lol. Reminds me on how i lost my bike. Actually it was stolen as a welcome to Netherlands were bikes get stolen and sold back to you for 10€ regulary. Getting CBN type of lock will do just fine.

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by digitite: 3:37pm On Oct 05, 2014
pdesmond1:

Lol. Reminds me on how i lost my bike. Actually it was stolen as a welcome to Netherlands were bikes get stolen and sold back to you for 10€ regulary. Getting CBN type of lock will do just fine.

Hehe... It seems they value bikes more than cars there..... The best type of lock will be Odeshi.....When they steal the bike, the person will end up speaking some local African language instead of Dutch to the extent that he won't be able to say 10Euro to the buyer.....lol

Anyways, what is the average budget for a Typical naija dude with very simple lifestyle....Besides, can one play soccer a.k.a Football for a local league and attend school at the same time?

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 4:26pm On Oct 05, 2014
digitite:

Hehe... It seems they value bikes more than cars there..... The best type of lock will be Odeshi.....When they steal the bike, the person will end up speaking some local African language instead of Dutch to the extent that he won't be able to say 10Euro to the buyer.....lol

Anyways, what is the average budget for a Typical naija dude with very simple lifestyle....Besides, can one play soccer a.k.a Football for a local league and attend school at the same time?

Will certainly put that under consideration. I thought you already in Netherlands. Here all depends on your life style. If you live decent student life 500€ should be enough for all expenses for a month. Ofcourse if you dont go to the stadium to watch Ajax fc and co, lol. Its sunday with awesome weather, better to enjoy it before winter comes...

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 4:33pm On Oct 05, 2014
I dont know much on football for students. But am sure if you are a good player you will be able to play for your school or go weekend football local games. From there if you are skilled and lucky you might be invited to join the city's football club and from there so it goes. All depends on your skills and luck. But you stand good chances as a student.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Naijalastborn(m): 8:14pm On Oct 05, 2014
digitite:

yeszz oo
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by digitite: 8:53pm On Oct 06, 2014
pdesmond1:

Will certainly put that under consideration. I thought you already in Netherlands. Here all depends on your life style. If you live decent student life 500€ should be enough for all expenses for a month. Ofcourse if you dont go to the stadium to watch Ajax fc and co, lol. Its sunday with awesome weather, better to enjoy it before winter comes...

It's all good fellow.... Thanks for the solid info. I am looking forward to coming next year. I will definitely cope by God's grace. No biggie. Time for flexing don pass.. Building long term business plan is the main koko now cool
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by digitite: 8:58pm On Oct 06, 2014
pdesmond1:
I dont know much on football for students. But am sure if you are a good player you will be able to play for your school or go weekend football local games. From there if you are skilled and lucky you might be invited to join the city's football club and from there so it goes. All depends on your skills and luck. But you stand good chances as a student.

God bless you for this post mate. 2 cans of Heineken for you cool.... I can confidently play with them and who knows what might happen.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by PC90(m): 3:57pm On Oct 07, 2014
2good:
Bachelors is really taught in Dutch in TU Delft, except Aerospace Engineering which is taught in both Dutch and English

Hi 2good,

I see you are an Alumni of TU Delft. I want to apply for Petroleum Engineering and would like to get some inputs from you about what u think about the school. I know a lot about the school but would be great to get more info from someone who graduated from there. Thanks smiley
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Praise5: 10:19am On Oct 14, 2014
Please I need someone to tell me the requirements at Netherlands embassy here in Nigeria after receiving an invitation letter.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by BarrEgo(f): 1:28pm On Oct 14, 2014
Hello guys! I'm in Netherlands now, arrived 10days ago. Thanks so much for ALL the tips.
Here is my journey, experiences and tips/advice:
I will advise that you legalize your birth certificate and non-marriage certificate before coming to Accra; this I did at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for N1,000 a page. For appointments at the Embassy, you don't need one if you're there to collect your visa. You only need to be there before 8AM; they're really strict about that, I flew from Lagos to Accra with Medview (costs N18,000 and was a very short flight of 20+ minutes), got to the Embassy by 8:25AM and was ejected. The visa collection is a two-stage thingy. Stage one, you drop your international passport, passport photos taken at Osu and documents and they give you an appointment for a day to come pick them up. Usually takes two days, so it's best you go on a Monday or Tuesday, so that by Thursday you have your visa, that way you don't spend a lot of days waiting to collect your visa. Accra is really cheap so if you don't know anybody don't worry, you can pay for a hotel room for as low as N2,800; for this I recommend Frankie's Bar and Hotel at Nima, by Nima Police Station. Taxis are cheap as well, so don't worry about that, but try and haggle the price or you will be cheated frequently. Another advice: use the ATM's owned by Zenith, Ecobank or you will be charged exorbitantly for withdrawals. I can't seem to think of anything else but if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me. Best!

5 Likes

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by chatmate: 1:42pm On Oct 14, 2014
@adeogunoga .. when i dey talk dat time.. den no go understand.. nederlands here na war..lol.. unless ur papa owe vwell well.. @ adeogunoga whats ur skype. or whatsap num.. can inbox me

goodluck guys..
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Naijalastborn(m): 7:21pm On Oct 14, 2014
BarrEgo:
Hello guys! I'm in Netherlands now, arrived 10days ago. Thanks so much for ALL the tips.
Here is my journey, experiences and tips/advice:
I will advise that you legalize your birth certificate and non-marriage certificate before coming to Accra; this I did at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for N1,000 a page. For appointments at the Embassy, you don't need one if you're there to collect your visa. You only need to be there before 8AM; they're really strict about that, I flew from Lagos to Accra with Medview (costs N18,000 and was a very short flight of 20+ minutes), got to the Embassy by 8:25AM and was ejected. The visa collection is a two-stage thingy. Stage one, you drop your international passport, passport photos taken at Osu and documents and they give you an appointment for a day to come pick them up. Usually takes two days, so it's best you go on a Monday or Tuesday, so that by Thursday you have your visa, that way you don't spend a lot of days waiting to collect your visa. Accra is really cheap so if you don't know anybody don't worry, you can pay for a hotel room for as low as N2,800; for this I recommend Frankie's Bar and Hotel at Nima, by Nima Police Station. Taxis are cheap as well, so don't worry about that, but try and haggle the price or you will be cheated frequently. Another advice: use the ATM's owned by Zenith, Ecobank or you will be charged exorbitantly for withdrawals. I can't seem to think of anything else but if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me. Best!
Welkom to the land of Orange! grin

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by harryubani: 12:09am On Oct 27, 2014
hi 2good,

i am about to apply for an MSc degree at TUDelft, and i'm rily glad to know someone who finished from there (you!). pls can you shed some light on the possibility of getting scholarships as an international student? If you don't mind, Thanks alot.

2good:

Getting a job after graduation is not as easy as Desmond have put it. As at when I graduated, you must have a job that pays you atleast €28,000 which is not quite easy for many people even after getting your MSc degree. I graduated from TU Delft which is a very top and oldest Technical University in The Netherlands as there are only 3 Technical University in the Netherlands (TU Delft, TU Eindhoven and Univ of Twente) and companies do come to recruit students before they graduate. The unfortunate thing is that most companies refuse to employ Non EU graduate because they have to prove to the government that there is no qualified Dutch or EU citizen before they can employ you which is quite tough. But if you are coming for an Engineering/ Science based degree, then you have a much higher chance of getting a job because there are always better opportunities for Engineer/ Scientist and you don't have to speak Dutch to get such jobs most times. But for those coming for humanities studies, I will not advice you to waste the high tuition to come in The Netherlands because nobody will pay you €28,000 after graduation and you will most likely have to leave after the 1 year search expires.
The point is things are not as easy as people present it because I know alot of Nigerians that had to leave the Netherlands after one year of doing menial job in The Netherlands post graduation. Infact more people leave than remain after graduation because they don't want to remain illegal and continue doing menial job after getting an expensive foreign education. Many of the guys that go back to Nigeria, end up getting much better job than they were doing in The Netherlands while so many other leave for other countries for further studies because it is much easier to go to US, Canada and any other country you can think of with your Dutch degree.
If you are coming to study in The Netherlands, the primary aim should be to develop yourself and get a very sound education because if you come with the aim of working from day 1, then you would most likely be disappointed. Also for an aspiring MS student, you must have the first year tuition and cost of living to be able to survive properly because raising €12,500 for tuition alone for a school like TU Delft is tough when you are only allowed to work for just 10 hrs in a week. Even the Dutch and Europeans don't have that money to pay for tuition.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by odunz80(m): 9:33am On Nov 12, 2014
Really love the thread and i hope i make d list next yr
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by xkris11(m): 10:34am On Nov 17, 2014
anyone ending to fonty university,feb 2015..This thread has been so quite for too long
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by shakol91(m): 10:11pm On Nov 17, 2014
xkris11:
anyone ending to fonty university,feb 2015..This thread has been so quite for too long
sorry brother,this thread is not only quiet but dead. I will advice you to do your research yourself because Nigerians in Netherlands are not smiling.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (52) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada-part2 / General New Zealand Student Enquires / On Vacation: New York City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.