Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,943 members, 7,821,301 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

"Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? - Properties (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? (135180 Views)

Ambode Inspects Site Of Collapsed Lekki Gardens Building (photos) / How Genuine Is The NLC Mass And Affordable Housing For Workers / Dominion Gardens + Parks,ibeju-lekki,how Genuine Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by befto: 12:52am On Sep 23, 2015
SangoCrusader:

How's it going man. I bought a 3 bed unit in Phase 4 as well, and I would love to have a chat since you are also in the UK. Please send me an email and I can share my thoughts and experiences with you.

I did go to visit the unit as well and even though they are not finished to the same standard as here in the UK (nowhere close), the work has been going on and it is not a scam. Richard is, however, not showing commitment to finishing any of the estates in reasonable time or to the advertised standard. Regardless, @damola1 is right about you needing some patience. Pple in LG phase 1 that bought their units for N12m, completed internal finishing with an extra N5m and ended up selling finished units for about N22m and people are in fact living there now (albeit with service problems).

I bought mine in June 2013 as well and have just started internal finishing... Two years is a ridiculous wait and I would not accept another unit from LG if they gave it to me for N1, but I am just thinking of how best to salvage this investment and patience is the best way for now. I would advise to wait till infrastructure is completed, do your internal finishing, then put it up for sale and you should get a reasonable return. After that, don't fall into their trap again because I certainly won't. Better to get a Buy to Let mortgage in London with peace of mind!

@SangoCrusader .
Are you based in London? if Yes, maybe share your email so we can have a chat sometime about this.
Will like to get an idea of how your finishing went.
I am not a subscriber to LG but building my own 6 * 2 bedroom flats on the mainland so just wana hear some of your experience with the finishing.

My email is jarel_tj@yahoo.com
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by carpenter(m): 7:14am On Oct 01, 2015
lawyer:
I have been watching with abated breath for over 4 years in silence about this Lekki Gardens issue and i can confidently say its nothing more than a real estate ponzi scheme. Instead of them to take care of one estate and develop it well, they advertise phase 4 and they haven't even finished doing phase 1. They hire pretty marketers to bamboozle you with all the finer things of life once you pay but to deliver what they promised is another thing entirely. When you see the quality of the shell structure they are marketing for you then you would realise you are better off buying your own land and building it quietly to your taste no matter how long.

When i watched the documentary on channels last week i wasn't remotely surprised and i felt sorry for people who fell for this gimmick. They are so aggressive in advertising Heaven on earth but so slow to deliver on quality and its really annoying. When i heard the service charge cost for light in that estate i almost fainted. Even Buhari's Body language would not help those people concerning light matters in Lekki Garden. Anyways for those who have ears let them hear.

Quick pointers for those who intend to buy in Lekki Gardens in future.

1. Don't be swayed by their marketing bullshit when you engage them, ask them immediately for the contract of sale they intend to give you. All the dubious and funny things that would come back to bite you is written there in small print in heavy legal language. Get a copy in advance, give it to your lawyer to scrutinize thoroughly and i mean thoroughly. If you don't agree with any thing, bring it up and force them to amend it in your favour. If they don't agree, please walk away.

2. Check the part of the contract of sale that deals with failure to complete your installment payment. Point out the percentage they would take and the administrative fees they would deduct. This is a very uncomfortable subject for them to discuss and they would do anything to brush aside this discussion because it is vital to their business that you start payment before you complain about this. Agree on a set fee, make them write it down in their contract and make them counter sign it. If you don't do this, it would come back to haunt you tomorrow. Trust me i know.

3. The shell structures they build are known to be inferior, so that is where you have to get tough and demand how your own would look like. Its generally a barrack style shell structure and they don't place too much emphasis on quality. That is the key angle you should use to hit them. The contract of sale is generally used to protect Lekki Gardens itself but if you point out all these things before you pay and force them to draft a sample contract for sale in your favour then hopefully you could get a better deal than the rest.

Before you drop a dime, make sure you spend time to investigate everything you know about lekki gardens. Ask people who have bought and people who have grouses against them. Jot down everything and balance it before you pay. If you are not comfortable with it, please walk away. If you know you can fight for a better contract of sale and know how to enforce it, then buy into it. If you doubt what i am saying please read the comments below in this link to have a better understanding of how they run their estates. People should pay money to enjoy their houses not cry and feel cheated.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/rumbles-in-lekki-gardens/203589/

Sir,

I wonder why this thread has never made the front page
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by SangoCrusader: 7:28am On Oct 01, 2015
carpenter:

Sir,

I wonder why this thread has never made the front page

lalasticlala, this is FP material no be so?
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by ifyalways(f): 7:41pm On Oct 02, 2015
^^ this thread is for Lekki gardens, no derailing, Mr 5 plots of land.

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Nobody: 5:26am On Oct 05, 2015
I continue to be speechless.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by stanley000: 8:52am On Oct 05, 2015
well all the cdommentshere nailed it,the lekki gardens is so overhype although not thzat there arent some places where the billings dont riun up to millions though but not as much as what some of the so called developers mention
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by debojyde(m): 6:34pm On Oct 05, 2015
This question is directed at those that have picked up their keys at Lekki Gardens. I'm about to go to naija to pick up my keys. Lekki gardens have notified me that delivery will proceed after I present copy of receipt of payment and allocation letters " AND EVIDENCE OF VAT PAYMENT" being 5% of cost of the building"..... My issue with this is the meaning of this 5% VAT. I talked to my lawyer in naija who pointed out to me that the offer letter I was given before I paid last year shows that my units with be made to me after I pay the total cost. Since the total cost has been paid my me they cannot charge any additional fees for the cost of the buildings....my lawyer says the 5% VAT is already included in the cost ....So this is the question I have for those that have picked up their keys, DID U GUYS HAVE TO PAY AN EXTRA 5% FEE for your buildings after completing the initial payment? Also what other hidden fees the lekki gardens request for?

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by beholddean: 7:25pm On Oct 05, 2015
@debojyde
I have followed this thread for a while and I feel obliged to make a comment now. I subscribed for a unit in LG Phase 3 in April 2013, took delivery of the unit last year, finished it to my taste and I moved in a couple months back.

There was no mention of any additional 5%VAT in my case. This is actually the first time I'm hearing any mention of VAT.

I did not make any other payment to get my allocation though I was informed that I would pay 500k to get the deed of assignment when I'm ready for it.

Service charge for my unit is 215k per annum, electricity charge is 10k base charge/month, then usage is 5naira/KWh.

Hope this info helps
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by SangoCrusader: 8:02pm On Oct 05, 2015
I picked up my keys as well and have just completed internal finishing... no mention of 5% VAT. Sounds like they are trying it on with some people.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by debojyde(m): 3:10am On Oct 06, 2015
The nerve a Lekki Gardens sales agent has to advertise on this thread.... Obviously he/she has not read previous entries to see how dissatisfied people are with LG. ..... Don, t know why Naija peeps no get good business sense...I know people like Richard might be thinking " what do I care, I have made 10 billion profit, I don't need to provide good services.....but a good business man will be thinking " why can't I provide good services and attract more investors the make 40 billion " ..... I was going to buy 2 more detached units last year but held back after reading this thread and hearing from people on ground.... Thank God I did not invest more. ...... good luck to them on their buy one get one free and free car marketing..... If the had lived up to expectations, there would have been a waiting list for their properties... No need for free anything.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by debojyde(m): 3:11am On Oct 06, 2015
@ sangocrusader and behoddean. Thanks for the info
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by carpenter(m): 6:45am On Oct 06, 2015
beholddean:
@debojyde
I have followed this thread for a while and I feel obliged to make a comment now. I subscribed for a unit in LG Phase 3 in April 2013, took delivery of the unit last year, finished it to my taste and I moved in a couple months back.

There was no mention of any additional 5%VAT in my case. This is actually the first time I'm hearing any mention of VAT.

I did not make any other payment to get my allocation though I was informed that I would pay 500k to get the deed of assignment when I'm ready for it.

Service charge for my unit is 215k per annum, electricity charge is 10k base charge/month, then usage is 5naira/KWh.

Hope this info helps

Did you mean 5naira/kwh or you mean 55naira/kwh...I bet they would not sell below what PHCN sells
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by laudate: 10:01am On Oct 07, 2015
@duduade, does this look like the advert section to you?? Or is it that jerks like you cannot read the posting rules before they post?? Several adverts keep popping up in this thread, because some stupid mugus refuse to take heed and obey "Rule 6. Don't post adverts or affiliate links outside the areas where adverts are explicitly allowed."

What is your problem?? If you do not delete your advert, I will personally recommend the mods to ban you for life!! angry

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by duduade: 11:46am On Oct 07, 2015
laudate:
@duduade, does this look like the advert section to you?? Or is it that jerks like you cannot read the posting rules before they post?? Several adverts keep popping up in this thread, because some stupid mugus refuse to take heed and obey "Rule 6. Don't post adverts or affiliate links outside the areas where adverts are explicitly allowed."

What is your problem?? If you do not delete your advert, I will personally recommend the mods to ban you for life!! angry
learn how to talk

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by laudate: 11:32pm On Oct 07, 2015
duduade:
learn how to talk

And you should learn how to behave. Weren't you trained to obey rules, when you were growing up? undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply)

Pictures And Prices Of Security Doors / Exclusive Pictures Of Babangida's Eye-popping Mansion In Minna / The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.