Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,534 members, 7,958,644 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:32 PM

Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? (31169 Views)

Treasonable Corruption Vs Capitalist Corruption:lagos Vs Abia States. / LoveBuhariLoveNigeria Dinner Organized By Fashola: Live Pictures / Buhari’s Abia Rally Dwarfs Gej's Rally In Abia [ Compare Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by Abagworo(m): 9:12am On Mar 18, 2012
Onlytruth: I decided to comment on this thread early enough because I've seen that the Mods (in typical manner) have quickly rushed it to the front page.
They are smart enough to know where this would lead and how it would end, so they rushed it to the front page. Already some realy slow Igbo brothers have started making stoopid statements that will precipitate such outcome.

Let me just summarize by saying that it is really dumb and stoopid to start comparing any two states in Nigeria, and even more so in SE, especially if you are Igbo.
For all I know, the SE is the most institutionally marginalized geopolitical zone in Nigeria. As a result, some of our governors are busy doing federal government works like erosion control and patching federal roads for example. But, by far the biggest reason why I won't encourage any sane and wise Igbo person to comment on this thread is because Igbo say that "Onye atu gburu nna ya adighi eji mpi atu anu mmanya" -a person whose father was gored to death by a water bufallo, never drinks palm wine with a bufallo's horn. Disunity is our bane, and we must avoid anything that will tamper with our unity in any way.

It may be healthy for "normal" (read less marginalized) zones to play the game of show me your "dik", and do so safely. It is dangerous to play the game if nature (read Nigerian federal government) somehow cheated you, by "nature" in this case I mean the Nigerian system.
Abagworo has been shouting throughout this forum that Igbo are not one, and has hidden motives behind these types of threads. Commenting on it is only playing into his self hating hands.

There is an Anambra forum, where Anambra citizens go to hold their govenor to account, and it is strictly by email invitation. I don't know whether there is such forum for Abia citizens, but that is the appropriate forum to discuss these types of things. I personally do not think that Ndigbo have won all our outside battles, to feel leisurely free to indulge in local squables.

Onye obula jiri ire ya guo eze ya onu. undecided
[size=14pt]
IGNORE THIS THREAD!
[/size]

Here I stand! cool cool cool

What is the use of running away from the truth when you go by the moniker of "Onlytruth"? If you notice, I have defended Igbo against any external force on this forum probably more than any one. My post is not aimed at creating disunity but rather to get the facts right on the state of affairs in the two sister States. I have been waiting for Chino11 to post pictures from the paradise known as Nnewi or Onitsha or Awka but it seems there is none and we have to rely on what we find on the internet.

Again talking about Igbos not being one remains a fact. I will never refute that because it is the truth and is not applicable only to Igbo.
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by Ejine(m): 9:15am On Mar 18, 2012
I see Eko-Ole has vacated the thread.
Hmmmm, probably to finally go help the Almajiris. If that's the case, then I'm really proud of you, bro. smiley
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by onyewec3: 9:19am On Mar 18, 2012
bittyend: I see Igbotic people are tired of fighting Yoruba people - and it's now time to fight amongst each other, huh?? Very soon it will be NGWA Vs Aro Vs Nri Vs Anioma Va Nyamirin. I wonder what Biafra would've looked like if it was country lipsrsealed

Just listen to ursef while u read ur comment.u don't post like a graduate @ all. Even if u are jst a 3rd class material. Wat does this post av to do with fighting. Anyway,if u feel its fighting I guess IFe and modakeke(yoruba) were dancing wit each oda killin demsef wit cutlass. Lata pple lyk u go abuse GEJ.
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by Nobody: 9:21am On Mar 18, 2012
What is the use of running away from the truth when you go by the moniker of "Onlytruth"? If you notice, I have defended Igbo against any external force on this forum probably more than any one. My post is not aimed at creating disunity but rather to get the facts right on the state of affairs in the two sister States. I have been waiting for Chino11 to post pictures from the paradise known as Nnewi or Onitsha or Awka but it seems there is none and we have to rely on what we find on the internet.

Again talking about Igbos not being one remains a fact. I will never refute that because it is the truth and is not applicable only to Igbo.

Please, ignore @onlytruth; the fake title bestowed upon him has made him lose his marbles. Igbos are independent minded people!
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by chuglothen(f): 9:29am On Mar 18, 2012
I dont thing we can compare both states in terms of organisation. I will compare aba with onitsha and then awka with umuahia. In terms of beauty, Onitsha takes the lead because you can hardly find a good house in Aba. Also many Onitsha traders are really conscious of where they live unlike their Aba counterparts. But Umuahia is more organised and developed than Awka...the only infracstucture in Awka is numerous hotels which contribute little or nothing to the development of Awka. Sincerely, if not for the federal university in Awka, it would have been a ghost town.
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by Kobojunkie: 9:41am On Mar 18, 2012
chuglothen: I dont thing we can compare both states in terms of organisation. I will compare aba with onitsha and then awka with umuahia. In terms of beauty, Onitsha takes the lead because you can hardly find a good house in Aba. Also many Onitsha traders are really conscious of where they live unlike their Aba counterparts. But Umuahia is more organised and developed than Awka...the only infracstucture in Awka is numerous hotels which contribute little or nothing to the development of Awka. Sincerely, if not for the federal university in Awka, it would have been a ghost town.

Even when you compare Aba to Onitsha, Umuahia to Akwa, there is still clear evidence from the maps that Abia seems more organized than Anambra.

Organization has more to do with Urban planning, than architecture of the homes/buildings in the towns/States in question. Organization has little to do with how developed a place is and it certainly has nothing to do with how beautiful you think the houses appear to you.
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 18, 2012
achi4u: anambra was devloped by indviduals without proper planing,yet remain the most vieable with great potential of becoming a best state in GOD's knows when,so what saying inessence is that the two states is good with cash but filty to my liking.

umuigbo,ka anyi hapunu iko - onu na ikpoasi birika umunne.marakwanu na steti SE ezubeghi ka nke ndi ozo.
Ichoro nu igwa anyi na steti ndi ozo nile kacha nkeanyi nma, kedu zi ka nkeayin ji ese okwu?
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by emron1(m): 10:38am On Mar 18, 2012
bittyend: I see Igbotic people are tired of fighting Yoruba people - and it's now time to fight amongst each other, huh?? Very soon it will be NGWA Vs Aro Vs Nri Vs Anioma Va Nyamirin. I wonder what Biafra would've looked like if it was country lipsrsealed
stop beign a fool he just wants people to see what this governors are doing to their states
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by str8talk1: 10:59am On Mar 18, 2012
Abia n Anambra r 5&6. Period!
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by Soundmind(m): 11:06am On Mar 18, 2012
u got pictures of bads spots in Anambra and good spots in Abia. Why?
Why not get pictures of Mbaukwu road, Ekwulobia - Uga Road, Uga - Umuchu Rd, Awka- Nibo rd, Awka, Amawbia Rd. Even Onitsha Owerri Rd is not here, Oba Nnewi Rd is not here and so many others.
From ur pics, u do not know Anambra well or u are baised.
Anambra is far better than Abia
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by Abagworo(m): 11:07am On Mar 18, 2012
chuglothen: I dont thing we can compare both states in terms of organisation. I will compare aba with onitsha and then awka with umuahia. In terms of beauty, Onitsha takes the lead because you can hardly find a good house in Aba. Also many Onitsha traders are really conscious of where they live unlike their Aba counterparts. But Umuahia is more organised and developed than Awka...the only infracstucture in Awka is numerous hotels which contribute little or nothing to the development of Awka. Sincerely, if not for the federal university in Awka, it would have been a ghost town.

Nairalanders will like to see the pictures of Onitsha, Nnewi and Awka so that our eyes can determine where we think is organized. From the pictures I posted which might be biased, Abia seems ahead. Refute that by posting better pictures from Anambra. Awka might be more organised than Umuahia or vise versa but pictures can help clarify the state of the various towns. Thank you.
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by ektbear: 11:34am On Mar 18, 2012
From the aerial shot as well as the other pictures Abagworo posted, it seems that Aba is not as bad as they've made it out to be.

Interesting.
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by cashful(m): 11:47am On Mar 18, 2012
It would have been easier and better to rate the two states, city by city rather than the whole state lumped together but to answer your question I will give it to ABIA,only by a slight difference.
There is no much difference between Aba, Onitsha and Nnewi(the main cities) in terms of being organized, though i have to say that the inner streets (ie streets not close to the main market areas) in Aba are better organized and arranged than those in Onitsha.
Also Umuahia has an edge over Akwa in being more organized.
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by ektbear: 11:48am On Mar 18, 2012
Also, I'm not sure if it is fair to accuse him of bias.

After all, he isn't from Anambra or Abia.

So what reason would he have to favor one over the other?
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by Abagworo(m): 11:55am On Mar 18, 2012
cashful: It would have been easier and better to rate the two states, city by city rather than the whole state lumped together but to answer your question i will give it to ABIA,only by a slight difference.
there is no much difference between Aba, Onitsha and Nnewi in terms of being organized, the only edge is Umuahia over Akwa.

I think from google earth Aba seems even more organized than Umuahia. Just go to google earth and view the cities well. Aba also seems to be the largest of them all and I don't think google will in any way be biased with pictures. On ground I have only been to few places in Aba but most parts I've been to seem to have a kind of symmetrical criss-cross arrangement of roads that leaves you meeting a junction after every ten houses. If well cleaned up, that will leave them a sight to behold.
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by cashful(m): 12:03pm On Mar 18, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Even when you compare Aba to Onitsha, Umuahia to Akwa, there is still clear evidence from the maps that Abia seems more organized than Anambra.

Organization has more to do with Urban planning, than architecture of the homes/buildings in the towns/States in question. Organization has little to do with how developed a place is and it certainly has nothing to do with how beautiful you think the houses appear to you.

agree with you on this, and also with evidence based on having lived in both cities/states, I give Abia 5/10 and Anambra 4/10.
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by tubolancer(m): 12:18pm On Mar 18, 2012
So road is the only development in these states, nothing again?
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by ACM10: 12:42pm On Mar 18, 2012
The aim of this thread has been defeated. I can see Yoruba posters like Eko ile, Ekiti beer, Alj harem, Shymmex etc lurking around and waiting for Igbos to fight among themselves. Guess what?! It did not happen(much to their disappointment). Chino ignored the thread. Major Igbo posters ignored the thread too. The ones that did post did not play to Abagworo's concealed game plan.

At this juncture, I want to ask Abagworo a question. Do u enjoy watching Igbos fight themselves, all in the name of healthy competition?

Also, Onitsha was totally unrecognisable to me from the photo u posted above. Nothing could explain your intention in this thread except mischief.

Finally, let me reiterate the modified excerpt from Onlytruth's comment. . .
Onlytruth: [size=20pt]IGBOS
IGNORE THIS THREAD!
[/size]

Here I(we) stand! cool cool cool

Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by Proxytalk: 1:07pm On Mar 18, 2012
i think people have misunderstood peter obi so much because he believed in grassroot and human development. Ngige came and concentrated on idemiri where he is from and part of onitsha in his road const. and idemiri spill is over of onitshas urbanization every body noticed him. but obi went into opening up towns and villages constructing roads, boreholes and renovating schools and hospital. so obi has build more roads than any governor in the SE but people can not see them because they are not concent
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by onyengbu: 1:25pm On Mar 18, 2012
Proxytalk: i think people have misunderstood peter obi so much because he believed in grassroot and human development. Ngige came and concentrated on idemiri where he is from and part of onitsha in his road const. and idemiri spill is over of onitshas urbanization every body noticed him. but obi went into opening up towns and villages constructing roads, boreholes and renovating schools and hospital. so obi has build more roads than any governor in the SE but people can not see them because they are not concent

You need to come home once in a while. Simple. Theres no other way to convince you than for u to come home and see things for your self. Development looks good on pictures!
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by Proxytalk: 1:35pm On Mar 18, 2012
Again in area of towns being organised, the only town that has master plan in anambra is onitsha. but is small and over populated the pressure on infrastructure is unbearable, so obi is indirecly discouraging people from migrating to onitsha and environs by opening up other areas. He has before invited foreign developers to draw master plan for awka but dealocked cos people are not willing to letgo their land. its only from aloma junc. to amansea that govt has control over and those areas are okay
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by Marlboro1: 2:26pm On Mar 18, 2012
I guess your question is Aba and Onitsha which is more congested and dirtier
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by Abagworo(m): 2:37pm On Mar 18, 2012
Proxytalk: i think people have misunderstood peter obi so much because he believed in grassroot and human development. Ngige came and concentrated on idemiri where he is from and part of onitsha in his road const. and idemiri spill is over of onitshas urbanization every body noticed him. but obi went into opening up towns and villages constructing roads, boreholes and renovating schools and hospital. so obi has build more roads than any governor in the SE but people can not see them because they are not concent

Thank you very much for that enlightenment. I also believe in spread of development into rural ares to avoid population explosion in urban. But the problem is that I am yet to see any pictures of the Obi roads. I've used Ngiges roads from Nnewi to Ozubulu to the expressway and I've also used Ngiges road from Orsumoghu to Nnewi. I've used Ngiges road from Uga to Ekwulobia too. I will like to see the pictures of the ones Obi's administration constructed and their quality
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by joeisreal(m): 3:12pm On Mar 18, 2012
Going by the articles i have read so far especially from KOBOJUNKIE. ORGANISATION= ROAD AND STREET MASTER PLAN(irrespective of whether ppl are running riot, rickety buildings, shanties and forever flooding coupled with mounts of dirt that half spilled from the excess dumped into the drainage system). PLEASE CAN SOMEONE DEFINE ORGANISED[i][/i][s][/s] FOR US BEFORE WE CONTINUE.
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by ikeyman00(m): 3:14pm On Mar 18, 2012
@@@

abagworo

i think i will agree with u on this one; opening up thread like this will create some effect on these looters in the South East; Its isnt about how much money u can loot; it about using ur brain as an igboman living in Nigeria to effect some changes which will contribute in a continues developemnt and substanance of our people and culture; It either u are down for it or u are not!!! gbam; no point stacking up money; driving on a messed up roads; living large in a slump or end up in jail like ibori while the looted fund is being looked after by a white man

let them know we in the diaspora are watching and the outside world

that might bring some improvement; the era of driving on pot hole or littering the street with pure water waste is gone and dead

the comparism could only be on the positive side

we shouldnt worry about what the haters think; cuz if u ask me they hate seeing thread like this; those that beleive life ends in lagos; so it shouldnt be of any surprise when they come in to demonstrate their usually trait as it has always been; they got a lot to worry about yeye crew

eze ndi igbo i dey greet ooo and hope u are listening. lets not spend all the time thinking about breaking up the country; lets build on the igbo spirit and igbo capacity lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed; afterall they will never be able to stop us; never
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by EzeUche(m): 3:22pm On Mar 18, 2012
How many times have I seen Igbos on Nairaland paint Abia as hell on Earth?

Their hatred for T.A. Orji automatically made them to think negatively about Abia.

Now that we have proof that Abia is continuing to progress, and many of the Anambra Igbos on Nairaland who spoke ill about Abia want to ignore this thread. It just shows that you can't believe everything on the internet. Seeing is believing so if you have pictures to prove otherwise about Anambra. Then show us.
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by onyengbu: 3:32pm On Mar 18, 2012
Abagworo:

Thank you very much for that enlightenment. I also believe in spread of development into rural ares to avoid population explosion in urban. But the problem is that I am yet to see any pictures of the Obi roads. I've used Ngiges roads from Nnewi to Ozubulu to the expressway and I've also used Ngiges road from Orsumoghu to Nnewi. I've used Ngiges road from Uga to Ekwulobia too. I will like to see the pictures of the ones Obi's administration constructed and their quality
Thank you for asking him those questions. The next thing he will do is directing you to anids website!
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by NRIPRIEST(m): 4:46pm On Mar 18, 2012
mbatuku2: This is the reason why I want my community to be moved out of the South east to Rivers state. You people are a bunch of sick people. Keep exposing your nyansh.

and later you will come to Igbo defender forum to make suggestion. . .!!!
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by MrGlobe(m): 5:02pm On Mar 18, 2012
pastor mmadu: @mr globe...lets analyse it dis way, peter obi is a disgrace because nnewi & onitsha is rowdy, evrywre is dirty, he lives in another state, guy, if dnt hv anytim 2 say, u shut up and stop critisizin cos ur argument is baseles. Answer dis questions, whch state is obi livin outside anambra? Any place dre is industrial or commercial opportunities hv much immigrants e.g ph, kano, lagos and anambra. So wat is d disgrace dre wen its been like dat evn b4 d governor was born and wat r u doin dre? Or beta stil, y nt leave dre 4 odas nt 2 sufer ova crowdednes. Lastly, wat d u expect 4rm a town dat harbours many if nt filt, yet dis man has done d best since anambra startd existin in sanitation terms...if dnt knw wat 2 say, u beta keep mum and continue passin
i dont have anything to tell idi/iots like you. You are just a fake pastor. Keep swindling the psyche of your members as obi your master is doing his people. Mad man
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by jbaur24: 5:48pm On Mar 18, 2012
We have severally trashed this matter over and over on NL. Abia state cannot be compared to any state in Nigeria because of its notorious and horrible outlook. Its one state that has all the ills that can bedevil any system.

Am from Akwaibom state, I schooled in Abia state, I visits Awka regularly to meet my fiancee who lives and works there. I have been to Aba and Onitsha on number of occasions. I must say that Aba is the disgrace of the Igbo nation, as I said earlier Aba has no equals, its a complete in a class of it own mess.

Onitsha is one of the major metropolitan cities in Nigeria like lagos, PH and Kano. Onitsha has one of the most organized layouts and all it needs is constant maintenance of the road due heavy vehicular movement in the city which can only be compared to Lagos and PH. Awka on the other hand has good hospitality, with good number of estates springing up almost on daily basis; in term of organization and expansion I give it to Awka, because Umahia is relatively small I think is about the size of half of Awka.

There are good number of estates in (Abuja est, Iyi-Agu est, Udoka est, Ngozika est, Light of the Nation, Liberation est, there are also other estates that are being mapped out. You cannot say the same for Umahia, umahia does not have the half of hotel and hospitality in Awka. Umahia also does not have the half of housing in Awka; I think with the implementation of UN Masterplan, Awka will know no bounds in healthy development as being witnessed today.

Even my state governor Akpabio has to do some roads that overlapped into Abia state. Abia state does is heavily bedeviled by bad leaders. And beside Anambra has number of natural endowments and infrastructure that Abia does not enjoy. Firstly Anambra has the largest market in Nigeria, Anambra has River Port to enable commerce and above all Anambra has the major cash inflow and outflow due to Onitsha/Nnewi that can only be compared to Lagos and Rivers in Nigeria. Anambra has recently attracted number of foreign investors who are now building there facilties there, how many has Abia state brought since 1999, if not what is then what is development, please let call a spade a spade.

That is it.
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by RoadStar: 6:18pm On Mar 18, 2012
I have always asked all those Obi apologists to post pics, just like the rest.
Instead they post commercials and sometimes links that dont work.

No telling that the Abia state government has been under pressure to perform and
is responding to that pressure but that of Anambra is getting away with murder.

It really cant get worst that Obi.
POST PICTURES OF OBIS ACHEVEMENTS PLEASE !
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by chino11(m): 6:21pm On Mar 18, 2012
Where was I when this e-war was raging even up to 3pages. After they will say that chino is creating division in Alaigbo and that Anambra Igbos are arrogant. Unless you guys want the real pictures of Aba now and here,then Bleep off, because blood pressure of some people is gonna rise. cool

Here is the ranking in the east: Economic and regional importance:

1- Anambra

2- Enugu

3- Abia

4- Imo closely followed by Ebonyi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Photos From President Jonathan's Visit To AIT This Morning / EFCC To Ekweremadu: We’ll Arrest You If You’ve Gone On Looting Spree / Kemi Adeosun Risks 14-year Jail Term For Skipping NYSC, Forging Document

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.