Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? (30312 Views)

Treasonable Corruption Vs Capitalist Corruption:lagos Vs Abia States. / LoveBuhariLoveNigeria Dinner Organized By Fashola: Live Pictures / Buhari’s Abia Rally Dwarfs Gej's Rally In Abia [ Compare Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by freesoul3(f): 10:20pm On Mar 18, 2012
more pictures

Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by freesoul3(f): 10:21pm On Mar 18, 2012
more

Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by freesoul3(f): 10:22pm On Mar 18, 2012
still more

Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by oneeast: 10:22pm On Mar 18, 2012
More on Onitsha

Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by freesoul3(f): 10:23pm On Mar 18, 2012
more still

Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by freesoul3(f): 10:24pm On Mar 18, 2012
more

Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by Abagworo(m): 10:25pm On Mar 18, 2012
Still waiting for pictures of Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi street scene. Rural areas in Abia even seem to look better. Let me search for Igbere.

The stadium seems to be a good one if Obi actually started and completed it.
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by freesoul3(f): 10:29pm On Mar 18, 2012
obi calls it sector by sector development
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by freesoul3(f): 10:29pm On Mar 18, 2012
more

Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by freesoul3(f): 10:33pm On Mar 18, 2012
i'm trying to post more but the spam blocker won't let me

Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by freesoul3(f): 10:34pm On Mar 18, 2012
more buildings

Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by freesoul3(f): 10:35pm On Mar 18, 2012
more newly reconstructed buildings

Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by freesoul3(f): 10:36pm On Mar 18, 2012
looks like peter obi is building more buildings than roads
my humble opinion
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by joeisreal(m): 10:37pm On Mar 18, 2012
PICTURES

Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by freesoul3(f): 10:37pm On Mar 18, 2012
more buildings

Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by freesoul3(f): 10:39pm On Mar 18, 2012
pedestrain crossing

Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by freesoul3(f): 10:43pm On Mar 18, 2012
peter obi may be a bush man but he is working
clearly when he leaves the next governor won't need to build these types of buildings all ova again
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by oneeast: 10:45pm On Mar 18, 2012
More on Awka

Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by freesoul3(f): 10:46pm On Mar 18, 2012
maybe the next governor will focus on urban roads and road beautification
anyway i'm out.
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by MrGlobe(m): 11:03pm On Mar 18, 2012
Dear adviser are you not ashamed of these crappy projects you posted here that looks like the achievements of a local government chairman? Cheap house without aesthetics making the environment more ugly. Anambra needs a governor that will bring these crappy projects down and get to work. You need to visit imo. Bye
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by ACM10: 11:17pm On Mar 18, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Dear adviser are you not ashamed of these crappy projects you posted here that looks like the achievements of a local government chairman? Cheap house without aesthetics making the environment more ugly. Anambra needs a governor that will bring these crappy projects down and get to work. You need to visit imo. Bye

This is one of the reasons why I want everybody to hold fire until 2014
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by chino11(m): 11:35pm On Mar 18, 2012
Mr. Globe:

You should be the one to be ashamed of your talkative governor. BY the way which imo state are you asking us to visit? You pretend to know your state too well, but you don't know anything whatsoever.

Have you been to places like Okigwe, Orlu, Ikeduru, Njaba and so many other towns in imo state, then you will weep for your state. Rochas continued the looting where Ohakim stopped, nothing has changed in imo state. Does Imo state start and end with Owerre? The answer is no, so where then do you ask us to visit?

Whereas Owerre in its self is not the half of Onitsha not to talk of Anambra with 3 major cities. In all these cities government will register its attention. I will always prefer states like Lagos, Rivers and Anambra where development is evenly spread across board.

And if you look at Nigeria geo-economically these three state are like pivots of economic developments in Nigeria: Anambra in SE, Rivers in SS and Lagos in SW. I know that its the envy and complex that is eating you deep down, you can't even stand any Anambran in any field whatsoever not here and not anywhere. I know your problem, its complex.
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by Abagworo(m): 12:11am On Mar 19, 2012
chino11:

You should be the one to be ashamed of your talkative governor. BY the way which imo state are you asking us to visit? You pretend to know your state too well, but you don't know anything whatsoever.

Have you been to places like Okigwe, Orlu, Ikeduru, Njaba and so many other towns in imo state, then you will weep for your state. Rochas continued the looting where Ohakim stopped, nothing has changed in imo state. Does Imo state start and end with Owerre? The answer is no, so where then do you ask us to visit?

Whereas Owerre in its self is not the half of Onitsha not to talk of Anambra with 3 major cities. In all these cities government will register its attention. I will always prefer states like Lagos, Rivers and Anambra where development is evenly spread across board.

And if you look at Nigeria geo-economically these three state are like pivots of economic developments in Nigeria: Anambra in SE, Rivers in SS and Lagos in SW. I know that its the envy and complex that is eating you deep down, you can't even stand any Anambran in any field whatsoever not here and not anywhere. I know your problem, its complex.

I still do not know what economy Anambra contributes to Imo. Most Imo people visit Aba and Port Harcourt which are far more advanced for commerce.

Show us any link that shows Anambra contributes more to Nigeria than Imo or Abia. Why is cashless banking going to Aba and Port Harcourt this April while Anambra remains a cash society like most other States?
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by ektbear: 12:14am On Mar 19, 2012
The interesting thing is that all the previous economic data I've seen suggests that Abia is the most economically important state in the SE zone, not Anambra.

However, Abians for whatever reason are very quiet about their state and don't make much noise about it.

From what I've seen here on this thread, I think Aba is very very underrated as a city.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if you had a man of the caliber of Soludo running Abia.
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by chino11(m): 12:31am On Mar 19, 2012
Abagworo:

I still do not know what economy Anambra contributes to Imo. Most Imo people visit Aba and Port Harcourt which are far more advanced for commerce.

Show us any link that shows Anambra contributes more to Nigeria than Imo or Abia. Why is cashless banking going to Aba and Port Harcourt this April while Anambra remains a cash society like most other States?

There you goofed again. Anambra is the economic hub of Eastern Nigeria, it is not contestable. Go find out, the Drug market at Onitsha Head Bridge are over 75 imo citizens mostly Orlu people they live and do their business in Onitsha, go and ask your own people instead of wasting your time here. Onitsha is a metroplitan city with Southern eastern states and beyond living and working/commerce in the city. Ihe infact the highest population of Northners in east can only found in Onitsha. Now tell me how many Anambrans or Enugu citizens that lives in imo state; it is certiainly impossible. This is to tell you that owerre and imo state is a local enclave for just imo people with no external inputs.
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by Dainfamous: 12:40am On Mar 19, 2012
jbaur24: We have severally trashed this matter over and over on NL. Abia state cannot be compared to any state in Nigeria because of its notorious and horrible outlook. Its one state that has all the ills that can bedevil any system.

Am from Akwaibom state, I schooled in Abia state, I visits Awka regularly to meet my fiancee who lives and works there. I have been to Aba and Onitsha on number of occasions. I must say that Aba is the disgrace of the Igbo nation, as I said earlier Aba has no equals, its a complete in a class of it own mess.

Onitsha is one of the major metropolitan cities in Nigeria like lagos, PH and Kano. Onitsha has one of the most organized layouts and all it needs is constant maintenance of the road due heavy vehicular movement in the city which can only be compared to Lagos and PH. Awka on the other hand has good hospitality, with good number of estates springing up almost on daily basis; in term of organization and expansion I give it to Awka, because Umahia is relatively small I think is about the size of half of Awka.

There are good number of estates in (Abuja est, Iyi-Agu est, Udoka est, Ngozika est, Light of the Nation, Liberation est, there are also other estates that are being mapped out. You cannot say the same for Umahia, umahia does not have the half of hotel and hospitality in Awka. Umahia also does not have the half of housing in Awka; I think with the implementation of UN Masterplan, Awka will know no bounds in healthy development as being witnessed today.

Even my state governor Akpabio has to do some roads that overlapped into Abia state. Abia state does is heavily bedeviled by bad leaders. And beside Anambra has number of natural endowments and infrastructure that Abia does not enjoy. Firstly Anambra has the largest market in Nigeria, Anambra has River Port to enable commerce and above all Anambra has the major cash inflow and outflow due to Onitsha/Nnewi that can only be compared to Lagos and Rivers in Nigeria. Anambra has recently attracted number of foreign investors who are now building there facilties there, how many has Abia state brought since 1999, if not what is then what is development, please let call a spade a spade.

That is it.
good talk the thing is that these people don't no anambra state very well,do you know that anambra state is the only state that you will never see huts and mud houses unlike some states in SE and other regions they all still got huts etc.Anambra is well organised full of potentials too many young and old self made multi millionaires and billionaires most of the infrastructure in anambra were build by individuals onitsha is one of the richest city in SE/Nigeria main market onitsha is the biggest in Africa so why comparing the two
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by Abagworo(m): 12:44am On Mar 19, 2012
chino11:

There you goofed again. Anambra is the economic hub of Eastern Nigeria, it is not contestable. Go find out, the Drug market at Onitsha Head Bridge are over 75 imo citizens mostly Orlu people they live and do their business in Onitsha, go and ask your own people instead of wasting your time here. Onitsha is a metroplitan city with Southern eastern states and beyond living and working/commerce in the city. Ihe infact the highest population of Northners in east can only found in Onitsha. Now tell me how many Anambrans or Enugu citizens that lives in imo state; it is certiainly impossible. This is to tell you that owerre and imo state is a local enclave for just imo people with no external inputs.

The highest number of non-Igbos live in Abia and are mostly Ibibio, Efik and Rivers people. Abia also hosts the most of Northerners. Umuchieze alone has over 30,000 Northerners in one town. You pass there on your way to Enugu.

If you observe my posts I am frank even when it affects my State and people. Imo is not commerce inclined but more of free will people and education friendly people. We are happy with whatever we have. Orlu people are our trading people and they can match Abians and Anambrans tete a tete.
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by chino11(m): 12:57am On Mar 19, 2012
^

You talk like a complete slowpoke. From your comment I could deduce that you are a mere lad still eating from your poor mother's kitchen. Anambra people towers above all in the SE, the landmarks are all staring everybody in the eye.

Anambra people are the only Igbos doing the igbo nation proud. When we talk about Innson, Ibeto, May & Baker, Juhel, Emzor, Genesis to mention the few. No imo person can challenge any Anambran in any field of endeavor, not in this generation. And they replicating the same thing in Anambra, Juhel has commssioned his plant in Awka and now Emzor has acquired his own hectares of land in Awka as well Genesis.

You see our God's given success has turned into envy by others more especially imo people on NL, but it won't deter us from continue to lead the Igbo nation right the time of the great Zik and Ikemba . Even in the PH you claim to stay, just look around the city, you will notice that the major people that made that town thick are all Anambrans; the likes of Genesis, Everyday Supermart, Ibeto and many more. I will keep druming it to your ears the only economic hub of the east is Onitsha/Nnewi of SE, they only comparable to Lagos of SW and PH of SS
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by ACM10: 1:00am On Mar 19, 2012
Da infamous: good talk the thing is that these people don't no anambra state very well,do you know that anambra state is the only state that you will never see huts and mud houses unlike some states in SE and other regions they all still got huts etc.Anambra is well organised full of potentials too many young and old self made millionaires and billionaires most of the infrastructure in anambra were build by individuals onitsha is one of the richest city in SE/Nigeria main market onitsha is the biggest in Africa so why comparing the two

I would have joined the bandwagon. But I gains nothing by pulling down my fellow Igbo town or state. As I mentioned earlier, the intention of the OP in starting this thread is malicious. The facts are there online. Just google them. Abagworo got so frustrated with the paucity of the replies to his thread that he resorted to calling Onitsha businessmen 'petty traders'. In an effort to rile us and extract an angry response from us.

The best that we can do here is to ignore this thread. As for Peter Obi, we'll tackle his f/u//ck up in 2014.

Enough said.
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by Dainfamous: 1:08am On Mar 19, 2012
chino11: ^

You talk like a complete slowpoke. From your comment I could deduce that you are a mere lad still eating from your poor mother's kitchen. Anambra people towers above all in the SE, the landmarks are all staring everybody in the eye.

Anambra people are the only Igbos doing the igbo nation proud. When we talk about Innson, Ibeto, May & Baker, Juhel, Emzor, Genesis to mention the few. No imo person can challenge any Anambran in any field of endeavor, not in this generation. And they replicating the same thing in Anambra, Juhel has commssioned his plant in Awka and now Emzor has acquired his own hectares of land in Awka as well Genesis.

You see our God's given success has turned into envy by others more especially imo people on NL, but it won't deter us from continue to lead the Igbo nation right the time of the great Zik and Ikemba . Even in the PH you claim to stay, just look around the city, you will notice that the major people that made that town thick are all Anambrans; the likes of Genesis, Everyday Supermart, Ibeto and many more. I will keep druming it to your ears the only economic hub of the east is Onitsha/Nnewi of SE, they only comparable to Lagos of SW and PH of SS
true
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by chino11(m): 1:13am On Mar 19, 2012
^

Nwanne mu you have said it all. The OP cannot take our height out as number state in Alaigbo on the pages of NL. Chineke gozie gi. Anambra will always remain on top ahead of others. cool
Re: Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized? by MrGlobe(m): 1:21am On Mar 19, 2012
ACM10:

I would have joined the bandwagon. But I gains nothing by pulling down my fellow Igbo town or state. As I mentioned earlier, the intention of the OP in starting this thread is malicious. The facts are there online. Just google them. Abagworo got so frustrated with the paucity of the replies to his thread that he resorted to calling Onitsha businessmen 'petty traders'. In an effort to rile us and extract an angry response from us.

The best that we can do here is to ignore this thread. As for Peter Obi, we'll tackle his f/u//ck up in 2014.

Enough said.
Exactly, bro. Notice I subtly stayed away from the topic so as not to allow Peter Obi and his agents take the glory when I say Anambra is better (as they always do). It is stup!d to compare Anambra and Abia. Anambra has onitsha which is 5 times > than Aba the only pride of Abia. Ok, umuahia will compete with rickety Awka but then, there is still Nnewi, ALL individually developed even with govt neglect. Anambra is light years ahead of abia. What they just need is the right govt (I hope they vote soludo in 2014) who will expand and dualize roads, demolish illegal and crappy structures, plan the cities, AIRPORT, provide infrastructures to allow standard economic activities to flow. I bet, with that in place Anambra will overtake rivers and even compete with lagos. Peter obi is just a setback

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

How I Was Betrayed At Pdp’s National Convention In Port Harcourt —sheriff / Senate Committee Visits Masters Energy Industrial City Abia State (Photos) / Delta Youths Burn Down Houses Of Opposition After Death Of Chairman. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.