Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,641 members, 7,958,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:00 AM

The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent (28169 Views)

The Crime Of Lagos State In Demolishing Oshodi Main Market / $1.1b Fraud: British Judge Questions GEJ's Integrity, Stops Etete From Getting / One Of The Paris Terrorists Was Of Nigerian Descent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by buzugee(m): 5:12pm On Apr 22, 2012
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by buzugee(m): 5:12pm On Apr 22, 2012
CASE 3 http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/lounge/55418-nigerian-pharmacist-charged-beating-his-wife-death-baseball-bat.html

CASE 4 http://www.kwenu.com/publications/orabuchi/2007/emeruwa_kills_wife.htm

CASE 5 http://www.kwenu.com/publications/orabuchi/2006/14nigerian_killswife.htm

THIS SITE ALONE CONTAINS LIKE 7 CASES http://mssaboh.com/NigerianWifeKillers.html

THIS SITE CONTAINS 9 CASES. http://nigeriaworld.com/feature/publication/awodele/091908n.html

so i believe i have proven that the number of 5 to 10 cases is nonsense. i have forgotten most of the cases but i know it is around 30 because i used to collect them as a way to understand how america psychologically affects nigerian men.
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by playboy19(m): 5:17pm On Apr 22, 2012
buzugee: CASE 3 http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/lounge/55418-nigerian-pharmacist-charged-beating-his-wife-death-baseball-bat.html

Instead of wasting NL space, it'd be wise to just list out all the cases in a single post.
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by Nebeuwa(m): 5:29pm On Apr 22, 2012
Buzugee the site you provided, show only 7 cases. Seven is way too much, but this deals with recent Nigerian immigrants.

Why are you even trying to compare such nonsense? The fact is Nigerian youth in Great Britain are being attracted by the "gangsta lifestyle" while their counterparts in the United States are not. That is the real problem or do you wish to stick your head in the sand.

Like someone said, it probably societal problems found in the UK that are different from the United States which is a nation of immigrants. Nigerian Americans are excelling while British of Nigerian descent do not have such opportunities.
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by buzugee(m): 5:34pm On Apr 22, 2012
Nebeuwa: Buzugee the site you provided, show only 7 cases. 7 is way too much, but this deals with recent Nigerian immigrants.

Why are you even comparing such nonsense? The fact is Nigerian youth in Great Britain are being attracted by the "gangsta lifestyle" while their counterparts in the United States are not. What is the problem?

. i believe i have supplied over 10 cases. one of the sites has 9 cases. what is recent ? recent can be as early as the nineties. just because you choose to limit your scope of recentness to suit your own agenda does not make it so. recent can be as early as the nineties and as late as today. the point here is, crime wave amongst nigerians in america is deadlier than the ones in britain. no matter how you look at it. and the topic does not restrict the discussion to 'youth'. the topic says 'nigerian descent' so dont try to limit this to youth. lets face it, which is worse ? youths committing crime as relates to london, or adults killing each other as relates to america ? crime amongst nigerians knows no geographic location PERIOD.

site with 9 cases http://nigeriaworld.com/feature/publication/awodele/091908n.html
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by Decryptor(m): 5:38pm On Apr 22, 2012
Which tribe from Nigeria forms the vast majority of the population in the UK? Isn't it the Yorubas? They exhibit their criminal tendecies and vices which is biologically embeded in their genes there and end up disgracing Nigerians here. Stu.pid people!
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by AnswerKnapp: 5:53pm On Apr 22, 2012
The Nigerian s in the U.S. are not Nigerians anymore, they are now African Americans.

As soon as they get of the plane boat or Raft they will deny Nigeria and will become African Americans. In the U.K. for some reason we do not have a generic class to fall back on as a way of hiding.

Decryptor - Shut your stupid mouth- The attitude of the Nigerian people is not limited to any one tribe. Everyone is the same in the national stupidity and disgrace that is associated with the green,white and green . If you want to go tribal the its just that some tribes are better at hiding their criminal and immoral natures.

P.S.

I do not doubt that many Nigerians ,when they are threatened with deportation ,magically become Ghanaians, South Africans, etc.....
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by stayreal: 6:00pm On Apr 22, 2012
The United States is different because many Nigerians are only able to go there through student visas. This creates a culture of responsibility and an education centered culture. Although most Nigerians in the states are igbo and most in the uk are yoruba, I don't think it has anything to do with the topic. I think that the US is very selective, especially when it comes to Africans and immigration.

2 Likes

Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by Nebeuwa(m): 6:04pm On Apr 22, 2012
AnswerKnapp: The Nigerian s in the U.S. are not Nigerians anymore, they are now African Americans.

As soon as they get of the plane boat or Raft they will deny Nigeria and will become African Americans. In the U.K. for some reason we do not have a generic class to fall back on as a way of hiding.

That is a very interesting thought. Now I may not be the perfect person to discuss that fact, because I am half African American, but I should ask this question to Nigerian Americans whose parents are both from Nigeria. Do they consider themselves African Americans? That seems like another perfect topic question.
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by afrodoc(m): 6:10pm On Apr 22, 2012
decryptor clap for yourself!
was reading and patiently waiting for the first m.o.r.o.n.i.c smegma brain to make it a tribal issue without adding anything of interest to bipeds.
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 22, 2012
Gbawe:

What on earth are you talking about? My parents came to the UK in the sixties and gave birth to all their kids there, including me. My kids (third generation) were all born in the UK and all reside there currently. Ditto for my siblings including my elder sister whose kids are between age 16 and 21 i.e in the age bracket of young people capable of commiting serious crime !!!

Another example for you. My wife is of African origin. Her Grandmother came to the UK in the early 60ties and had her mother there. My wife ,and her siblings, were born and raised in the UK. They all went through the UK school system and live in the UK till today. They are third generation for the sake of categorisation. There are many like my wife, her siblings, and my kids. If you don't know where they live, that only shows you don't understand the migratory patterns over the past 5-6 decades that tells the full story.

Many of the original Nigerian immigrants to the UK returned to Nigeria after having their kids in the UK. Those kids automatically all had British passports. Many returned to Nigeria with their Parents. They then went back to the UK when things were especially bad for Nigeria under various deleterious military rulers. Unlike their parents, most of these second generation Africans are happy to have their kids in the UK and remain there with them. I personally have countless friends in this category.
Probably, that would make up 0.5% of the Nigerian descent in UK.
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by Ufeolorun(m): 6:31pm On Apr 22, 2012
BlackBaron: I disagree bout the racism part. Blacks were among the first wave of immigrants to the UK. Yet, the Indians who came much afterward seem to be better off with a burgeoning middle class. I'm often surprised to see a second or third generation black family still living in sink hole estates whilst their Indian counterparts have long climbed up the social ladder.

I have always thought of that myself but the reason I could come up with is that the early settlers were either working class or poor blacks. Those who were doing very well back home had no reason to stay or even give birth to kids here,because british citizenship meant nothing in the 70s and early 80s to Nigerians who where doing well back home,they stroll in and out at will.
My parents gnash almost all the time that if they had known things would be this bad in Nigeria they wouldn't have been just constant casual visitors in the 70s and 80s.

Indians on the other hand are natural merchants,they came in and began to hit the system from the root,built closed knit communities,virtually transmitted India to Britain and the new set coming into britain are enjoying it-While I was running around looking for training contract as part of me professional training here,My indian/asian mates had loads to choose from because some of the small to mid sized audit practice firms are dominated/owned by Asians mostly indians.My Nigeria brothers?na so so lawyers. cash and carry immigration lawyers dem be
Lol.

@brixtonyute
We all know there's racism but you cannot ignore the shocking indescipline,arrogance and sense of entitlement an average black 'breeish' exhibits.
You have a system that's Really not concerned about you and you are approaching same system with levity,double tragedy bro.
Bottom line: Europeans do not owe blacks a dime,its there country and they can do as they wish.
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 22, 2012
shymmex: ^^^Poverty, class, long working hours, and absentee fathers... Most Nigerians don't even know that most of the Nigerians born in the UK are from single parent home - it's either the dad is there but don't care about the family - or he's absent...

I may also add the over-dependence on welfare, and the naive parents to the list.

shymmex:

The bolded part is the difference.. The Nigerians who came to UK solely for education, usually move back to Nigeria - only few of them stay behind.. The opportunities available for blacks in the UK are limited, compared to America where Nigerians can take advantage of affirmative action.

HMMMM! [size=18pt]WHERE IS AMU_IGWE?![/size]
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by Brixtonyute(m): 6:48pm On Apr 22, 2012
England = Engurland = English Land

England belongs to Anglo-Saxons, and they're WHITE!!

They don't owe you and I shyte, if you don't like the country; Africa is just a couple of hours away. You can always go back to your country, or the country of your ancestors; that was what an EDL bloke told me. Hey, I agreed with his judgement. I had to retrace my roots, you get me?

The system will never change.. Keep dreaming like MLK, that's your problem. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 22, 2012
Far too may generalisations on this thread, the UK is the size of the state of Texas, yet the OP is comparing absolute numbers rather than proportional representations. The vast majority of kids of Nigerian descent involved in crime are largely victims of poverty just like their white counterparts; talk a walk around council estates, even ones populated by white folks, it's the same pattern. Black kids do gangs, white kids do burglary, theft, rape etc. Does this mean a crime wave is about to decimate the majority of decent white folks?!

Dang, if Wayne Rooney couldn't kick a ball he'd be doing stints in and out of prison for the rest of his life.
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by Brixtonyute(m): 6:55pm On Apr 22, 2012
Ufeolorun:
@brixtonyute
We all know there's racism but you cannot ignore the shocking indescipline,arrogance and sense of entitlement an average black 'breeish' exhibits.
You have a system that's Really not concerned about you and you are approaching same system with levity,double tragedy bro.
Bottom line: [size=14pt]Europeans do not owe blacks a dime,its there country and they can do as they wish.[/size]

Thread, should be locked. If you're lost in the British culture, good luck to you an your unborn generations. You're just trying to be what you're not, till you get your negro wake up call. Stay screaming, I'm a Briton, when the system sees you as an African, who was born in exile.. Till black people become English, your vicious cycle will continue..

Damn, I love the Queen in pink. grin
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by Brixtonyute(m): 6:58pm On Apr 22, 2012
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!!

1. God save our gracious Queen
Long live our noble Queen
God save the Queen
Send her victorious
Happy and glorious
Long to reign over us
God save the Queen

2. O Lord our God arise
Scatter her enemies
And make them fall
Confound their politics
Frustrate their knavish tricks
On Thee our hopes we fix
God save us all

3. Thy choicest gifts in store
On her be pleased to pour
Long may she reign
May she defend our laws
And ever give us cause
To sing with heart and voice
God save the Queen

4. Not in this land alone
But be God's mercies known
From shore to shore
Lord make the nations see
That men should brothers be
And form one family
The wide world over

5. From every latent foe
From the assassins blow
God save the Queen
O'er her thine arm extend
For Britain's sake defend
Our mother, prince, and friend
God save the Queen

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!!
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 22, 2012
Brixtonyute: England = Engurland = English Land

They don't owe you and I shyte, if you don't like the country; Africa is just a couple of hours away. You can always go back to your country, or the country of your ancestors; that was what an EDL bloke told me. Hey, I agreed with his judgement. I had to retrace my roots, you get me?

The system will never change.. Keep dreaming like MLK, that's your problem. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Nonsense! Tell them to leave those countries they now claimed as their, like Australia, South Africa and blablahblah...
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by Brixtonyute(m): 7:05pm On Apr 22, 2012
all4naija: Nonsense! Tell them to leave those countries they now claimed as their, like Australia, South Africa and blablahblah...

Call it nonsense, but that's the reality, brother.

You can fight the power, you only make up arguably 3-4% of the population. You're outnumbered by almost 30-1!

Focus on how Nigeria can get better, rather than waste your breath on what's never gonna happen. It's their country, and they don't owe you NOTHING!

This is coming from a 'Briton' (I don't have a nationality, though grin).
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by buzugee(m): 7:06pm On Apr 22, 2012
Brixtonyute: England = Engurland = English Land

you dont know your history. britain and all of europe belongs to black people. europe was black land. the europeans (also known as the biblical edomites ) lived in the caucasus mountains of georgia russia (hence the name caucasians). they eventually got strong enough and conquered europe and kicked out all the blacks in europe and the ones who didnt get kicked out got bred out.

scotland- means black land (scot is black in latin )

scottish means black man (ish is man in hebrew and scot is black in latin )

british means convenant man ( which is what the black hebrews called themselves when they ruled britain ).
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by Gbawe: 7:06pm On Apr 22, 2012
Nebeuwa: Buzugee the site you provided, show only 7 cases. Seven is way too much, but this deals with recent Nigerian immigrants.

Why are you even trying to compare such nonsense? The fact is Nigerian youth in Great Britain are being attracted by the "gangsta lifestyle" while their counterparts in the United States are not. That is the real problem or do you wish to stick your head in the sand.

Like someone said, it probably societal problems found in the UK that are different from the United States which is a nation of immigrants. Nigerian Americans are excelling while British of Nigerian descent do not have such opportunities.

Why do you keep repeating this ignorant and offensive nonsense when you have been told ,several times, that it is wrong? Have you ever been to the UK? England is much smaller than the USA. Proportionately, you cannot say [b]average [/b]black folks in the USA are better off than those in the UK. Besides, you are exagerating this association you make with young Britons of Nigerian origin and gang culture. Many young Britons of Nigerians origin are still exemplary achievers recieving the just rewards for their talent like the pair of Britons, of Nigerian origin, currently student union Presidents of Oxford and Cambridge.

Where I live, on the outskirt of London, is a haven for many Nigerian Professionals who have all bought their homes and some even own second and third homes they rent out. All this gained from the available opportunities they have utilised well. If you like thinking the worst for others, good for you but don't let some losers decieve you. Many Nigerians have superb lives in the UK. If it sits well with you to think otherwise, be my guest in assuming we are all dirt poor here, not "excelling" and denied of opportunities.
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by AnswerKnapp: 7:07pm On Apr 22, 2012
Nebeuwa:

That is a very interesting thought. Now I may not be the perfect person to discuss that fact, because I am half African American, but I should ask this question to Nigerian Americans whose parents are both from Nigeria. Do they consider themselves African Americans? That seems like another perfect topic question.

It would be interesting to discuss this in depth maybe one day I will write a bit more but tooo much to do...

I am not saying we should all wear a flag on our chest, but I am saying do not hide the truth of who we are. Because of the behaviour and actions of many Nigerians near me , in the city where i , live i have no choice, i have to deny my Nigerian Heritage to those who cannot tell that I am by looking at me. and why.....

Do you think I want to be associated with that annoying person on the phone behind you , ..you know him ,the guy who is shouting into his mobile that he want to send $10,000...The one who goes to the club and starts puffing up his chest and starts shouting " do you know who I am ..." in a drunk stupor because someone stepped on his toes. ... Do i want to be associated with a group of overweight African Guys in the club that are leering at young girls

I have met some people over the years that for the lack of a better word are just the Stereotype. I am not going to say from which "tribe" my father is because I as he did not believe in that....

I will tell you this my father never stole from anyone, never cheated another person, and is the hardest working person I have ever known in my entire life,I am a few decades old now. Even after quite a few things went wrong in Nigeria for my Family as far as business was concerned because of the greed of our " brothers" and "sisters", he would never give up , ever hoping for a better Nigeria ever trying to help where he could. If i could live up to the ideals which he sets for me and if i had half the faith in myself and strength he has i can tell you now ....... I would be in a whole other place from where I am .

I am just saying even though I have met some people in my life through Nigeria , that , God forbid were they ever on fire , i wouldn't piss on them to put the flames out, I have had the honour of knowing some very amazing awe inspiring people as well.
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by Brixtonyute(m): 7:10pm On Apr 22, 2012
buzugee: you dont know your history. britain and all of europe belongs to black people. europe was black land. the europeans (also known as the biblical edomites ) lived in the caucasus mountains of georgia russia (hence the name caucasians). they eventually got strong enough and conquered europe and kicked out all the blacks in europe and the ones who didnt get kicked out got bred out.

scotland- means black land (scot is black in latin )

scottish means black man (ish is man in hebrew and scot is black in latin )

british means convenant man ( which is what the black hebrews called themselves when they ruled britain ).

Hotep brother!

I know my history, and I'm also an afro-asiatic black man. The tide change more than 400 years ago, and Africa is what we've got left, Let us reclaim Africa, where are majority; before claiming a land where we barely exist. It's just a matter of time before black people are going to get kicked out of Europe, like the Egyptians did to the Hyskos.

1 Like

Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 22, 2012
Gbawe:

Why do you keep repeating this ignorant and offensive nonsense when you have been told ,several times, that it is wrong? Have you ever been to the UK? England is much smaller than the USA. Proportionately, you cannot say average [/b]black folks in the USA are better off than those in the UK. Besides, you are exagerating this association you make with young Britons of Nigerian origin and gang culture. [b]Many young Britons of Nigerians origin are still exemplary achievers recieving the just rewards for their talent like the pair of Britons, of Nigerian origin, currently student union Presidents of Oxford and Cambridge.

Where I live, on the outskirt of London, is a haven for many Nigerian Professionals who have all bought their homes and some even own second and third homes they rent out. All this gained from the available opportunities they have utilised well. If you like thinking the worst for others, good for you but don't let some losers decieve you. Many Nigerians have superb lives in the UK. If it sits well with you to think otherwise, be my guest in assuming we are all dirt poor here, not "excelling" and denied of opportunities.

Honestly, I don't know where these people get their stats from.
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by Brixtonyute(m): 7:14pm On Apr 22, 2012
naijababe:

Honestly, I don't know where these people get their stats from.

The guy suffers from delusions of grandeur. Let him keep living in fool's paradise.

He probably lives in a different country.
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by Katsumoto: 7:16pm On Apr 22, 2012
Ufeolorun:

I have always thought of that myself but the reason I could come up with is that the early settlers were either working class or poor blacks. Those who were doing very well back home had no reason to stay or even give birth to kids here,because british citizenship meant nothing in the 70s and early 80s to Nigerians who where doing well back home,they stroll in and out at will.
My parents gnash almost all the time that if they had known things would be this bad in Nigeria they wouldn't have been just constant casual visitors in the 70s and 80s.

Indians on the other hand are natural merchants,they came in and began to hit the system from the root,built closed knit communities,virtually transmitted India to Britain and the new set coming into britain are enjoying it-While I was running around looking for training contract as part of me professional training here,My indian/asian mates had loads to choose from because some of the small to mid sized audit practice firms are dominated/owned by Asians mostly indians.My Nigeria brothers?na so so lawyers. cash and carry immigration lawyers dem be
Lol.

@brixtonyute
Bottom line: Europeans do not owe blacks a dime,its there country and they can do as they wish.

You are correct with regards to Indians; first they sought economic independence. After, they started to send their kids to school. Whilst Black people were complaining about racism and opportunities, Indians were building their economic foundations. So they didn't really experience racism and when they did, they just kept quiet. All that changed after Indian kids started going to school in huge numbers and were equally expecting to be given opportunities in the workforce. The first Asian riots in the UK was in 2001 (Bradford) several decades after several black riots.

Someone made a comment about black role models earlier. The fact is that there aren't too many noticeable black role models. The few role models are either footballers or in so solid crew. So naturally every 14 year old boy either wants to play footie or become a rapper. Where are the black role models in Business? The caucasians do not owe anyone anything; if you want something, you have to grab it. You also have the option of returning to your home country but as we all know, opportunities are even fewer. embarassed
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 22, 2012
Brixtonyute:

The guy suffers from delusions of grandeur. Let him keep living in fool's paradise.

He probably lives in a different country.

You are the one suffering from grand delusions. I agree with Gbawe
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by buzugee(m): 7:43pm On Apr 22, 2012
Brixtonyute:

Hotep brother!

I know my history, and I'm also an afro-asiatic black man. The tide change more than 400 years ago, and Africa is what we've got left, Let us reclaim Africa, where are majority; before claiming a land where we barely exist. It's just a matter of time before black people are going to get kicked out of Europe, like the Egyptians did to the Hyskos.
Hotep brother. blacks are not going to get kicked out of europe. this is what will happen. there is going to be a third world war. it is brewing now as we speak and all the troops are headed to the middle east for the showdown. american troops are also in australia for the battle with china. this is what will happen. israel will attack iran. iran will retaliate. america will join in with israel. russia and china will join in with iran. and when the whole world see that america is getting their butt whooped, they will all go against america and blow it up. america will be engulfed in thermonuclear fire ( the biblical lake of fire, so called because an aerial view of america shows it is sorrounded by water and if it is engulfed in flames, all you see is a lake of fire ). after america is obliterated and the other nations have weakened each other with bombing the crap out of each other. the israelite black man will emerge with the messiah as the head and will once again take control of the world. the first man created will regain control of what he lost and will rule in righteousness forever and ever. so says elohim wink

1 Like

Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by Gbawe: 7:47pm On Apr 22, 2012
naijababe:

You are the one suffering from grand delusions. I agree with Gbawe

My sister, this is why I said to Nebeuwa "don't let some losers decieve you". The system is not perfect but of course we all know the class of black folks who sit around whining about "lack of opportunities", "racism" and making other excuses to mask their inadequacies and plain old lack of balls.
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by Nobody: 7:51pm On Apr 22, 2012
Katsumoto:

You are correct with regards to Indians; first they sought economic independence. After, they started to send their kids to school. Whilst Black people were complaining about racism and opportunities, Indians were building their economic foundations. So they didn't really experience racism and when they did, they just kept quiet. All that changed after Indian kids started going to school in huge numbers and were equally expecting to be given opportunities in the workforce. The first Asian riots in the UK was in 2001 (Bradford) several decades after several black riots.

Someone made a comment about black role models earlier. The fact is that there aren't too many noticeable black role models. The few role models are either footballers or in so solid crew. So naturally every 14 year old boy either wants to play footie or become a rapper. Where are the black role models in Business? The caucasians do not owe anyone anything; if you want something, you have to grab it. You also have the option of returning to your home country but as we all know, opportunities are even fewer. embarassed

The Indians owing to their numbers were the first and largest beneficiaries of Tony Blair/ New Labour Centre left policies, before 1997, they were just another group of ethnic minorities also grappling with the system as it was, it's not as if they did anything spectacular. Before 1997, the vast majority of succesful asians were either doctors or restaurant owners, of course after 1997, all ethnic groups got better footings in the system.

Bradford (more 70% of the city are of Indian/Pakistan/Bangladeshi origins)riots was about cultural tensions rather than fewer opportunities, there's reason why the place is called Bradistan.

I still do not understand why anyone have to define their own goals based on some random person they see on TV. The only role models I have ever needed are my parents, same way I intend to be all the role model my kids will ever need.
Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by igbo2011(m): 7:58pm On Apr 22, 2012
Katsumoto:

Aliko Dangote, Oprah Winfrey, Jay-Z, Bob Johnson, Mike Adenuga, there are plenty of blacks in business but young kids rather try and become a rapper or athlete. While my counterparts were rapping and trying to get into sports, I studied on my spare time and learned about economics, history, sociology, business, and politics. I can become a historian if I wanted to with my knowledge of African history. I have my role models mainly in my family so they pushed me hard.

Also why are Africans looking for jobs? We need to tart our own business in our community where people buy from our community and do it that way. We always rely on others to find us jobs. We should set up business instead of splurging our money in other people's communities. Read the book capitalist nigger by Chika Umeah to understand more.

We tend to blame other people then we go to there shops and spend all of our money in their community. We complain then go to a Gucci store and waste money on materialistic things instead of spending in our communities. Join the movement and look for African owned businesses: www.nigerianedp.com

1 Like

Re: The Crime Wave Impacting British Of Nigerian Descent by igbo2011(m): 8:04pm On Apr 22, 2012
buzugee: Hotep brother. blacks are not going to get kicked out of europe. this is what will happen. there is going to be a third world war. it is brewing now as we speak and all the troops are headed to the middle east for the showdown. american troops are also in australia for the battle with china. this is what will happen. israel will attack iran. iran will retaliate. america will join in with israel. russia and china will join in with iran. and when the whole world see that america is getting their butt whooped, they will all go against america and blow it up. america will be engulfed in thermonuclear fire ( the biblical lake of fire, so called because an aerial view of america shows it is sorrounded by water and if it is engulfed in flames, all you see is a lake of fire ). after america is obliterated and the other nations have weakened each other with bombing the crap out of each other. the israelite black man will emerge with the messiah as the head and will once again take control of the world. the first man created will regain control of what he lost and will rule in righteousness forever and ever. so says elohim wink

More like the Europeans won't be able to live in their countries anymore so they will go to Africa an take the lake and elimnate the people. Then Africans will be like the Native Americans, Aboriginals, or Palestinians. If they come in millions with guns then they can take Africa easily. Also other countries will fight over Africa too like China or Russia. We shouldn't trust anyone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon / Matthew Seiyefa May Be Named DSS Acting DG / Atiku, Secondus, Others Storm Abia State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.