Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,576 members, 7,816,422 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Tribalism Among Nigerians In Diaspora And On The Web – A Trend We Need To Stop - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribalism Among Nigerians In Diaspora And On The Web – A Trend We Need To Stop (15370 Views)

Association Of Nigerians In The Diaspora (AND) / Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? / Tokunboh: To Live Abroad, Nigerians In Diaspora, And Matters Arising (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tribalism Among Nigerians In Diaspora And On The Web – A Trend We Need To Stop by Nobody: 6:13pm On Apr 25, 2012
gbosaa: TV/Movies / Re: You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... by[b] shymmex(m[/b]): 1 day & 3 hours
When you see: 51 Iweka road, Onitsha and 199 good is able road, Aba.

When you see titles like: I love you, love is mine, what's love got to do, love is heaven, heavenly love, love in the sky, skyline love, love from above, above love, where's the love, love falls down etc..

Iweka road, Onitsha has to be the most street in Nigeria ... I need to visit that road, when next I hit Naija.

Advert: ohhhh... mama "Gbam!! Nneka Nneka Nneka, I luff you ohhh... my life ohhhhh, mama Emeka don kill mechuma, I beg ohhh... Chai, Igweeee, tufiakwa.

POSTED BY THE SHYMMEX....less than 48hrs ago...SMH

What's tribal about the post you quoted?? Why are you so sensitive and insecure?? Can't you see the sense of humour in that?

Or did I make the addresses, the move titles, and the advert up??

You suffer from myopia - and every sane person who has watched nollywood movies - would identify with 51 Iweaka road, Onitsha.

Get a life!

1 Like

Re: Tribalism Among Nigerians In Diaspora And On The Web – A Trend We Need To Stop by Nobody: 6:14pm On Apr 25, 2012
deshclones: Dumb poster...reminiscing indeed..you..biggest bigot ever to cross this path..nansense...go tell your crap to gullible folks...you that has like 3 different i.ds you use to promote your immense and deep hatred for non Yoruba folk...tomorrow bluetooth,eko ile and that scum of the earth arole odua will preach unity..igiotas undecided undecided undecided

Seriously, you need to quit stalking me everywhere, and get a damn life. Are you gay, or something?
Re: Tribalism Among Nigerians In Diaspora And On The Web – A Trend We Need To Stop by Crayola1: 6:14pm On Apr 25, 2012
It's not about Igbo, it could have been Hausa instead, but the fact all his examples of people engaging in tribalism seem to come from one group as though everyone else are innocent lambs of God. The hypocrisy. I've seen Igbo, Edo, Hausa, Yoruba, and co participate in the madness luckily in most cases the reasonable people do the right thing and call the dummies out for their tribalism.

Despite its faults Nairaland is much better than Naijapals
Re: Tribalism Among Nigerians In Diaspora And On The Web – A Trend We Need To Stop by Nobody: 6:15pm On Apr 25, 2012
There will never be a one NIGERIA never. I learned about tribalism among Nigerians from this forum. Being born in UK, grow up in Yankees I always thought theres just Nigeria/naija. @ 12/15 i spent about 2yrs+ in Nigeria but surprisingly I didn't notice the tribal hate bullshits there. Thanks Nairaland for educating me on that smiley

I am Igbo and we are superior cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tribalism Among Nigerians In Diaspora And On The Web – A Trend We Need To Stop by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 25, 2012
Jah Man: @deshclone, you are very correct in calling poster a bigot but you were very insultive.
@OP,you are unmistakably a Nigerian/Yoruba.That is the way they reason.Can you imagine that in your examples you never mentioned where a Yoruba person committed the offence of tribalism?Meanwhile, the Yorubas are the most tribalistic creatures I have ever seen.I had them as good friends back in the univ but not until I met them in droves during NYSC that I knew who they were.
I have worked in two organisations and have noticed how they shamelessly populate everywhere with their kith and kin,whether competency is sacrificed or not.In the middle of discussion in a corporate office(including multinationals) you will see them speaking.."Yoruba-Yoruba",but let your tribesman greet u in your language,they will raise alarm.Very insecured set of folks.
I hate being annoyed to write such things,but I also cannot condone hypocrisy which is what the OP personifies.
You may need to retract your post and do a balanced write-up,indicting your tribe 1st and others.This tribalism ought to stop,starting from the not-so-travelled and self-centred yorubas.

You may do that yourself, no one is stopping you.
Re: Tribalism Among Nigerians In Diaspora And On The Web – A Trend We Need To Stop by chioverworld: 6:19pm On Apr 25, 2012
rubish
Re: Tribalism Among Nigerians In Diaspora And On The Web – A Trend We Need To Stop by Skywalker5(m): 6:22pm On Apr 25, 2012
i think this shit either started on Nairaland.I am not sure if it happens in real life in Naija. I roll with different tribes in the UK here. All tribes and we get along well, go to clubs together, find jobs together and hustle together no matter what and we help each other. Nobody ever spoke about tribal issues and we all good.

i think most tribalist are internet trolls.Most who dont have a life in the real world and they try and make themselves look superior by hiding be-hide computers

1 Like

Re: Tribalism Among Nigerians In Diaspora And On The Web – A Trend We Need To Stop by deshclones(m): 6:40pm On Apr 25, 2012
shymmex:

Seriously, you need to quit stalking me everywhere, and get a damn life. Are you gay, or something?

Even a gay will reject your scrappy boil infested backside...scallywag...i rather stalk an envelope than you...bloody hypocrite...go jor..tribalism is what you and your ilks want..and that you will get in quantum....bleeding backhole sucker... undecided undecided undecided undecided

The average Yoruba guy has always been envious of the igbos..go and study history....its inborn in you guys..quit the jealousy and hatred and maybe..i repeat maybe we can discuss this tribalism.. grin grin grin
Re: Tribalism Among Nigerians In Diaspora And On The Web – A Trend We Need To Stop by PBundles(m): 6:40pm On Apr 25, 2012
Im sorry to say this is not a trend but something that has always existed. For some it plays a major role, less for others while non existant for some. Its the unspoken truth/shame that we dare not talk about, that in my humble opinion was ignited in our minds by those that should have known better...our leaders.

Pick up any book about our history and it wont be long before you read an insinuation from a leader from a region about someone from another region. It doesnt matter what it is. Just a have a look at the last elections. You had these leaders arguing WHICH REGION WOULD RULE. There was talk about an agreement they made to rotate, EXCUSE ME? Why rotate? Shouldnt the most capable man/woman lead us? If you were dying and needed a doctor, would you first ask what tribe/region they came from? NO, you would want the most capable. So if the leaders do it, what do you think it imprints into the minds of the citizens? How were past leaders judged even governors? By how much they did in their home town. SMH.

Culture for those who dont know is a learned behaviour, so what a group of people do, to a large extent has been learned over time. Shamefully its something we have been infected with and hadnt noticed the impact it has made on us and the internet has simply maginified it, why because some of the things, that many had wanted to say but couldnt, can no be said behind the cowardly computer. We use code names and no one knows who we are and we state what has been in our hearts all along. I could give many examples of things that I know made me wonder in my mind, if it was not tribal/region motivated.

I think the leaders also like it that way, WHY? So we can be smoke screened into the tribal issue and not the real issues at hand and that is the mismangement of our nation. They learned well the DIVIDE AND RULE policy. Hopefully, the thing that brought it to light (Internet) will also open the door to us getting to know each other better.

No matter where you come from and we know how it is at times, one thing is true, Nigerians in general have a warm heart towards that nation. Its not all I want it to be, but I wont throw it away.

Remember, the truth is there are only TWO type of people......... The have and have nots. Thats a fact.
Re: Tribalism Among Nigerians In Diaspora And On The Web – A Trend We Need To Stop by antartica(m): 6:47pm On Apr 25, 2012
Are u sure it is just cigarrete u are inhaling? Or some pure and unadulterated naija weed that is beginning to open ur eyes and senses to reality that has being plainly obvious to mortals with 3eye like me?It is obvious that there is strenght in numbers,all nigerians need are positive and rational concept to forge ahead. The only thing stopping nigeria from developing is hopeless,irresponsible and aimless leadership. Get the leadership right,every other thing will fall into place,including chronic tribalism and religious fanatism.

The children need to be taught the golden rules.
Re: Tribalism Among Nigerians In Diaspora And On The Web – A Trend We Need To Stop by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 25, 2012
deshclones:
Even a gay will reject your scrappy boil infested backside...scallywag...i rather stalk an envelope than you...bloody hypocrite...go jor..tribalism is what you and your ilks want..and that you will get in quantum....bleeding backhole sucker... undecided undecided undecided undecided

The average Yoruba guy has always been envious of the igbos..go and study history....its inborn in you guys..quit the jealousy and hatred and maybe..i repeat maybe we can discuss this tribalism.. grin grin grin

Oi puzzy, jealous of you? You must be having a laugh!! Are you dumb, or something, waste man?? I'd rather knock your ugly face off than get jealous of your punk azz.. If you're not stalking me, I don't know why you follow me everywhere with your faggit, punk azz.. Waste man, stop posting to my SN - and phuck off!!

I don't even know how anyone can boldly say any tribe in Nigeria is better than the other - the whole country stinks of POVERTY - and the freaking corrupt elites looting your common wealth don't even care about tribe... Get a life!
Re: Tribalism Among Nigerians In Diaspora And On The Web – A Trend We Need To Stop by Nobody: 6:55pm On Apr 25, 2012
PBundles:

[size=18pt]Remember, the truth is there are only TWO type of people......... The have and have nots. Thats a fact.[/size]

^^^^That's why we all need to unite.
Re: Tribalism Among Nigerians In Diaspora And On The Web – A Trend We Need To Stop by occam(m): 7:01pm On Apr 25, 2012
shymmex: Sitting on my bed, as I inhale, and exhale my cigarette smoke - I reminisce how I used to view Nigerians as the same people. I was never raised to believe my tribe was superior to my “bredrin’s” tribe. We were all raised as Nigerians first before anything – and we all used to verbally defend Nigeria against our Ghanaian peers – and fist fight our Caribbean peers. That seems like a long time ago now – because tribalism is now rife among Nigerians in diaspora, and on the virtual World Wide Web. It seems we were all young back then, and we were living in denial – and probably tribalists on the inside, but Nigerian on outside.

I noticed every time I chat to my friends now (most of whom have never been to Nigeria) – they are always quick to point out their tribes. My Igbo friend told me the other day, that his sister got married to one of ‘my people’. I was shocked when he said one of ‘my people’ – and I asked him what he meant by that. He then explained to me that his sister got married to a Yoruba guy. My Urhobo/Edo friend has now imbibed the habit of always reminding that “those are your people” every time there are Yoruba names on TV. To be honest, I’m not comfortable with this new trend. It seems everyone in the diaspora has now been infected the tribal consciousness virus. We never used to be like this – we used to be proud Nigerians back in the days – when we used go to African parties, and jam to Sir Shina Peters and King Sunny Ade together as Nigerians. Where did it go wrong?

Today, I went on youtube to check SBTV (a UK urban music video channel on youtube) – and I saw an acoustic performance by the great Nigerian singer, Nneka. As I scrolled down to read some of the comments under the video – I noticed some youths posted comments like: “she is Igbo, that’s my tribe”, “big up Igbo, Igbo for life”, “repping Igbo hard” etc. I was baffled because this is a music video channel visited by mostly youths raised in the UK – and I was expecting the Nigerians on there to big up, Naija – and not their tribes. This new trend of tribal consciousness is becoming problematic, and we need to put it in check before it consumes us all – and destroy our future generations.

We’re all still Nigerians, pending our disintegration – which is not happening in the foreseeable future. The older folks among us need to stop promoting tribal sentiments – and start raising their kids as Nigerians. The Nigerian diaspora is already divided along class, and country of residence lines – we shouldn’t divide further – what’s already divided.

I know Nigeria is in a sorry state – but we don’t need to write the country off. I believe in the population, and the diversity Nigeria brings. I believe in the Nigerian people. If china can go from being a hellhole, to being a superpower – I believe Nigeria can also do the same. Nigerians are a unique group of people, bond together by the Confluence of Niger & Benue River – and we shouldn't break the natural confluence, which binds us together. Nigeria is Africa – and the future of Africa depends on Nigeria. If Nigeria can rise to its full potentials – I believe Africa definitely has an opportunity to turn the tide – but if Nigeria fails, Africa is going to be exploited forever.

Nigeria is Europe’s mistake – but a blessing to mama Africa. The future of the black race depends on us – we can’t let our race down.

N/B: Some may want to claim that I'm also a tribalist - but the truth is that I was infected with the bug on NL, and I have since rid myself off the silly bug. cool

Don't expect anything to change. Tribal affiliation defines a typical Nigerian. Igbos and Yorubas are the main culprits; Hausas and other tribes to a lesser extent.

When you meet a Nigerian on the street the first question he/she asks is "Where are you from?" even before asking for your name. I find that very annoying. And if you say Yoruba then are you Ekiti, Ijebu, Ijesha etc; and if you say Ijebu, is it Ikenne, Shagamu etc. We seem to have this desire to trace people to their roots the first time we meet rather than knowing them.

I'm always taking aback by the deep tribal animosity. It's not only on this forum; its anywhere we gather as Nigerians.

On the bolded: My 7 yr old son prefers to be a Canadian not Nigerian, even tough he understands Yoruba and loves egusi & vegetable soup with iyan. And even believes his Yoruba name is great. Go figure! Pains me he feels this way, but I'm sure he'll come around to accepting Nigeria. If not, what the heck? can't force it on him.
Re: Tribalism Among Nigerians In Diaspora And On The Web – A Trend We Need To Stop by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 25, 2012
occam:

Don't expect anything to change. Tribal affiliation defines a typical Nigerian. Igbos and Yorubas are the main culprits; Hausas and other tribes to a lesser extent.

When you meet a Nigerian on the street the first question he/she asks is "Where are you from?" even before asking for your name. I find that very annoying. And if you say Yoruba then are you Ekiti, Ijebu, Ijesha etc; and if you say Ijebu, is it Ikenne, Shagamu etc. We seem to have this desire to trace people to their roots the first time we meet rather than knowing them.

I'm always taking aback by the deep tribal animosity. It's not only on this forum; its anywhere we gather as Nigerians.

On the bolded: My 7 yr old son prefers to be a Canadian not Nigerian, even tough he understands Yoruba and loves egusi & vegetable soup with iyan. And even believes his Yoruba name is great. Go figure! Pains me he feels this way, but I'm sure he'll come around to accepting Nigeria. If not, what the heck? can't force it on him.

You need to force it on him to understand he's Nigerian - there is no point making your kid grow up with a false identity, only to find out later in life that racism still exist on this planet.
Re: Tribalism Among Nigerians In Diaspora And On The Web – A Trend We Need To Stop by ibrahimdoc: 7:21pm On Apr 25, 2012
I am not tribalistic, but there are some tribes that are very annoying, like yorubas and Ijaws, their character pisses me off, but i don't have anything against them as human beings, but their character is something they must work on at all cost. One love.
Re: Tribalism Among Nigerians In Diaspora And On The Web – A Trend We Need To Stop by AustineE1: 7:22pm On Apr 25, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Typical okoro always blaming yorubas for their misfortunes.The guy made his opinion and it's left for you to take it or leave it. tongue
you are an irredeemable bigot,probably an 'Olodo' of the highest order,must u comment on everything about Ibos...you are definatly a local champion who feels insecure and thinks the only way out is to identify yourself as the defender of Yorubas!BTW yorubas are very tribalistic by nature,i dont like people who speaks from both sides of their mouth!
Re: Tribalism Among Nigerians In Diaspora And On The Web – A Trend We Need To Stop by Juzhilz(m): 7:23pm On Apr 25, 2012
PBundles: Im sorry to say this is not a trend but something that has always existed. For some it plays a major role, less for others while non existant for some. Its the unspoken truth/shame that we dare not talk about, that in my humble opinion was ignited in our minds by those that should have known better...our leaders.

Pick up any book about our history and it wont be long before you read an insinuation from a leader from a region about someone from another region. It doesnt matter what it is. Just a have a look at the last elections. You had these leaders arguing WHICH REGION WOULD RULE. There was talk about an agreement they made to rotate, EXCUSE ME? Why rotate? Shouldnt the most capable man/woman lead us? If you were dying and needed a doctor, would you first ask what tribe/region they came from? NO, you would want the most capable. So if the leaders do it, what do you think it imprints into the minds of the citizens? How were past leaders judged even governors? By how much they did in their home town. SMH.

Culture for those who dont know is a learned behaviour, so what a group of people do, to a large extent has been learned over time. Shamefully its something we have been infected with and hadnt noticed the impact it has made on us and the internet has simply maginified it, why because some of the things, that many had wanted to say but couldnt, can no be said behind the cowardly computer. We use code names and no one knows who we are and we state what has been in our hearts all along. I could give many examples of things that I know made me wonder in my mind, if it was not tribal/region motivated.

I think the leaders also like it that way, WHY? So we can be smoke screened into the tribal issue and not the real issues at hand and that is the mismangement of our nation. They learned well the DIVIDE AND RULE policy. Hopefully, the thing that brought it to light (Internet) will also open the door to us getting to know each other better.

No matter where you come from and we know how it is at times, one thing is true, Nigerians in general have a warm heart towards that nation. Its not all I want it to be, but I wont throw it away.

Remember, the truth is there are only TWO type of people......... The have and have nots. Thats a fact.

Very eloquently said. Many more of u n 9ja will definately get there.
@shymmex. Some mistakes r rly hard to erase. Now some of them rly dont bliv u. Rly hope u walking on d avenue of change lyk u said. Nice thread though bro.
Re: Tribalism Among Nigerians In Diaspora And On The Web – A Trend We Need To Stop by occam(m): 7:27pm On Apr 25, 2012
shymmex:

You need to force it on him to understand he's Nigerian - there is no point making your kid grow up with a false identity, only to find out later in life that racism still exist on this planet.

It's choice not false identity. Cultural affiliation is more powerful than tribalism. Kids will have greater affinity with where they were born and raised over their parents' country of origin. I grew up in Lagos and Nigeria will always be my home, regardless.

Race is a different ball game so no need to bring that up.
Re: Tribalism Among Nigerians In Diaspora And On The Web – A Trend We Need To Stop by Yeske2(m): 7:29pm On Apr 25, 2012
Silly OP, you think we don't know who you are. Go smoke your ganja as usual then we can 'fit' talk.
Re: Tribalism Among Nigerians In Diaspora And On The Web – A Trend We Need To Stop by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 25, 2012
Austine.E:

you are an irredeemable bigot,probably an 'Olodo' of the highest order,must u comment on everything about Ibos...you are definatly a local champion who feels insecure and thinks the only way out is to identify yourself as the defender of Yorubas!BTW yorubas are very tribalistic by nature,i dont like people who speaks from both sides of their mouth!

See hypocrisy of the highest order.He dissed me for tribalism and later stereotyped yorubas.Now who is the biggest tribalist between you and I though i wont assume you are ibo sha ?

1 Like

Re: Tribalism Among Nigerians In Diaspora And On The Web – A Trend We Need To Stop by sexyverah(f): 7:35pm On Apr 25, 2012
thnx poster... but we all knw aboki people r senseless

1 Like

Re: Tribalism Among Nigerians In Diaspora And On The Web – A Trend We Need To Stop by ismhab(m): 7:40pm On Apr 25, 2012
sexyverah: thnx poster... but we all knw aboki people r senseless
b1tch na ur mama be senseless woman.
Re: Tribalism Among Nigerians In Diaspora And On The Web – A Trend We Need To Stop by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 25, 2012
sexyverah: thnx poster... but we all knw aboki people r senseless

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tribalism Among Nigerians In Diaspora And On The Web – A Trend We Need To Stop by mygsmnairacom(m): 7:45pm On Apr 25, 2012
True talk. Make love, not war......or something like that.

In the next three months, I'll no longer be giving you cash; instead, I'll teach you how to fish https://www.nairaland.com/923056/smart-ways-reduce-extended-family
Re: Tribalism Among Nigerians In Diaspora And On The Web – A Trend We Need To Stop by ezotik: 8:12pm On Apr 25, 2012
shocked
Re: Tribalism Among Nigerians In Diaspora And On The Web – A Trend We Need To Stop by bakila: 8:27pm On Apr 25, 2012
barikay: Is like u are base abroad. Tribalism is exaggerated on nairaland. If Nigeria was actually what u read here Nigeria would hv break up since.

You are on point, and such atitude is borne out of ignorance..
@OP here in Nigeria ethnic nationalism has also grown bigger cos of political power plays in within the same local goverment area, at times within same ward.
Re: Tribalism Among Nigerians In Diaspora And On The Web – A Trend We Need To Stop by bakila: 8:28pm On Apr 25, 2012
barikay: Is like u are base abroad. Tribalism is exaggerated on nairaland. If Nigeria was actually what u read here Nigeria would hv break up since.

You are on point, and such atitude is borne out of ignorance..
@OP here in Nigeria ethnic nationalism has also grown bigger cos of political power plays even within the same local goverment area or ward.
Re: Tribalism Among Nigerians In Diaspora And On The Web – A Trend We Need To Stop by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:32pm On Apr 25, 2012
shymmex: You guys need to watch this space, and stop spreading falsehood about me. I'm NOT a tribalist!!

yes, I did indulge in some heated tribal argument in the past - and I have since rid myself of that thought process. We all need to focus on the Nigerian project, and build a unified Nigeria - joined by the confluence of the Niger and Benue rivers.

Hello Shymmex - All fine and dandy, but you cannot deny he FACT! that derisive divisions exists across religious, social, political and (unfortunately) ethnic lines. These divisions have (unfortunately) beclouded any form of Nationalistic affinity the residents of Nigeria may harbor in their thoughts, passions and belief. There is no Nigeria-Project - It is a myth conveniently excused by the selfish British Imperialists, profoundly propagated by the Founding Fathers and persistently preached by the greedy elitists we all fight and support in our numerous cackling conflicts on Nairaland. We must rid ourselves of pointless ideals and face the facts as they lie before us. Nigeria is a mistake that was never corrected from the start and has become the false ideal for its people.

The ones who truly understand this myth have exploited it to the hilt. Why do you think we continue to plunge further and deeply into the swamps of economic desolation after 50 years of experience
Re: Tribalism Among Nigerians In Diaspora And On The Web – A Trend We Need To Stop by damselMe: 8:46pm On Apr 25, 2012
All i see here are big foolish grammars...some has meanings some don't. I wonder why ppl on naira compete grammatical with one another.
Re: Tribalism Among Nigerians In Diaspora And On The Web – A Trend We Need To Stop by damselMe: 8:57pm On Apr 25, 2012
Ask igbo, hausa and yoruba. They are the ones claiming they own nigeria. Any Carribbean or Haitian knows where those three tribes are in nigeria cos they nigerians in diaspora always point out their tribe whenever they tell anyone they are nigerians. Nigeria is own by nobody but by every nigeria. If we don't love ourselves who will? Oyibo people? other africans?...i no longer read comments o youtube. If you go on facebook, igbo ppl's groups are like sands on the beach. Ndi igbo, Biafra...u name it. MMsschheww!!! Nonesense!...so pissed.
Re: Tribalism Among Nigerians In Diaspora And On The Web – A Trend We Need To Stop by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:08pm On Apr 25, 2012
damsel_Me: All i see here are big foolish grammars...some has meanings some don't. I wonder why ppl on naira compete grammatical with one another.

grin grin grin grin I am surprised you actually see some of the grammar grin
Re: Tribalism Among Nigerians In Diaspora And On The Web – A Trend We Need To Stop by aljharem(m): 9:09pm On Apr 25, 2012
damsel_Me: Ask igbo, hausa and yoruba. They are the ones claiming they own nigeria. Any Carribbean or Haitian knows where those three tribes are in nigeria cos they nigerians in diaspora always point out their tribe whenever they tell anyone they are nigerians. Nigeria is own by nobody but by every nigeria. If we don't love ourselves who will? Oyibo people? other africans?...i no longer read comments o youtube. If you go on facebook, igbo ppl's groups are like sands on the beach. Ndi igbo, Biafra...u name it. MMsschheww!!! Nonesense!...so pissed.

good !! Now you understand some of my anger when I come on Nairaland.

This does not end on Nairaland or Nigeria, Go to Ghana, China, American etc it would be one stu.pid Igbo man either insulting yorubas or hausas or even edo just for the fun of it.

They don't even know how to act discrete outside Nigeria shores. Imagine an ideeiot starting a topic "Malaysian know yorubas" or "Hausa are linked with alquada". Such stu.pidity annoyed me to no end.

I have always wondered why I would insult another Nigerian ethnic group in the present of a Non-Nigeria.

Now they have also taken their stu.pidity to Vanguard, It only a matter of time I form a login on that vangaurd before I start dealing with them. It is better for the Nigerian government to know what is going on rather than some loud mouth group just insulting others without reply. angry angry angry

Infact the ideeiot called Jahman who first pointed out "OP you are Nigerian/Yoruba" Their goes the baised nature

2. Yorubas are the most this most that.

No Igbo on this forum castigated him, they just allowed him his comment to sly as if they agree with him.

If a yoruba man does the same, it would be seen as hate for the ndigbo. and THAT IS FAR FROM THE TRUTH. A yorubaman HATES NO ONE but reacts with anger if they are been riled to much. Just as an Hausa man hates no one but reacts by a riot when you rile them as well.

I have advocated for each and everyone of us to respect ourselves but IT IS CERTAINLY NOT A ONE WAY THING. If I decide to respect you, you should also have the brains to respect me as well.

*btw i don't give a mess of what you all think of this post*

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Governor Obiano Sacks 18 Commissioners / Ibom Deep Sea Port, $1.4bn Fertilizer Plant To Change Akwa Ibom’s Status / Lagos Closes Down More Lounges And Clubs For Safety Violations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.