Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,105 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him (32695 Views)

Tinubu Shaken By Fashola’s Threat To Expose Him / Farouk Lawan To Be Remanded In Prison Till February 9? / Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by nuclearboy(m): 1:16pm On Jun 12, 2012
bayooooooo:

There is no hear say. You don't need any "fideo" agian. Farouk has contradicted himself within 24hrs!
He made a confessional statement in the house which is equally on tape. He is in deep shit

My point remains - who has a "transcript" of what was said or are we just "interpreting"? They are all PDP and thus remain the bastion of this Nations problems so I am not bothered who goes down! But is it again hearsay? Or who has seen the "fideo" as you jokingly put it?

Media in Nigeria has taught me to be careful

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 12, 2012
bayooooooo:

You are not far from the truth. Otedola was used to destroy subsidy probe report. Nothing substantial will happen to Lawan.
And don't be surprise if Otedola go scout free. I think the guy did his home work very well. He was always on point, unlike Hon. Lawan
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by omosexy1: 1:21pm On Jun 12, 2012
It is very clear that something is fishy somewhere. Now I was wondering why they have refused to implement the recommendations of the report. I have read both stories as interesting as they are I intend to draw out logical facts and make conclusions.

Zenon imports Diesel:- Zenon imports diesel, it is a well known fact that diesel is not a subsidized product in this country. The Chairman of Zenon also mentioned that fact in his story. Now, why would the House Committee try to indict a company who does not import a subsidized oil product into the country. Clearly, this is Nigeria and in this country anomalies are normal. Probably the House Committee must have obtained documentary evidence for them to invite Zenon to the Subsidy probe.

Preliminary Report:- According to Otedola (Chairman Zenon), Zenon's name was included in the report submitted to the House of representative as part of the indicted company who collect subsidy funds but do not import the oil product into the country. Farouk has previously claimed that some Oil moguls are trying to bribe him in order to get their names off the list. Investigation should reveal if Zenon's name was in the report and what was the basis of the company's name removal before the Plenary session. If investigation cannot reveal that, then why did Farouk and his members invite Zenon to the probe and why is the company's name not in the final report submitted.

Bribe:- This is the sensitive part. Otedola claimed he gave Farouk $620,000. Farouk, initially claimed he did not receive any bribe, however owed up to collecting the money as evidence. Investigation should show who made the approach, as Otedola claimed Farouk called him. Also, according to Otedola, the $620,000 paid were marked money given to him by the SSS. Investigation team should obtain the money (left overs I believe) and confirmed if true. One shocking thing is - if you know you want to indict someone, why go to his house on invitation? It affords the accused to be prepared.

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by TheShopKeeper(m): 1:22pm On Jun 12, 2012
no wonder OBJ recently mentioned that the national assembly is full of 'thieves'
kai who can the population trust to lead them to the promised land
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by oneeast: 1:25pm On Jun 12, 2012
Just like every other yorobaman, Otedola is a criminal. An Hausa man has busted him grin grin grin grin
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Jamesqu(m): 1:25pm On Jun 12, 2012
...the dailies today carried it. The MIrror.

Zenon was removed after the first sitting because Facrook claimed it had been listed in error as more information has come to the committee. Information implying $$$.
agabaI23: One more thing.
I did not see the old and new list but if it is true that Zenon was in the earlier but not in the later list, then Farouk may have to think of another way to defend himself.

He has to explain why!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 12, 2012
nuclearboy:

My point remains - who has a "transcript" of what was said or are we just "interpreting"? They are all PDP and thus remain the bastion of this Nations problems so I am not bothered who goes down! But is it again hearsay? Or who has seen the "fideo" as you jokingly put it?

Media in Nigeria has taught me to be careful

I know Nigeria press is funny at times. But Farouk, himself, acknowledged existence of video.
As for when the video will be made public, no one is quite sure.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Piyke: 1:26pm On Jun 12, 2012
Kai!!!! Farouk really has some explaining to do.

1. "I didnt collect the money" means no real video
2. "The video was doctored" still supports no real video
3. "I collected the money to expose..." Now was it not the video of where you were collecting the money in the name of exposing otedola that is talked about above? How come you said it was doctored when you actually collected the money? shocked shocked shocked

This man should be suspended and thoroughly investigated. For me its very clear
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by free2ryhme: 1:26pm On Jun 12, 2012
if you took the money to expose him , how come Otedola's coy ( Zenon Oil) was not in the list of subsidy rogues. Who is fooling who?
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Olaone1: 1:27pm On Jun 12, 2012
They wanted to discredit the report. And, boy, did they succeed?

A resounding yes. There are some smart a**es in the presidency.

A biggie like Farouk should have exercised restraint. Imagine, he actually collected the cash himself. Gosh! Where were your boys, Farouk?
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jun 12, 2012
one.east:
Just like every other yorobaman, Otedola is a criminal. An Hausa man has busted him grin grin grin grin

Bros, I dey hail oooooo. Prof. Fabian Osuji is a crook just like every omo Igbo. Are you happy now?
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by princeFAD: 1:31pm On Jun 12, 2012
mikron: you no dey read and understand article? It said he attached the money with the report he sent to the IGP. Read it again pls
Havent you also read that Farouk said he refused to release the money to the police against the order of IG claiming it is the only eveidence he has against Otedola?
Havent you read also that Farouk wanted to tender the money b4 the house but the speaker declined that Farouk shudnt bring the whole house into his(Farouk)bribery saga?That Farouk shud carry his own cross alone.
Farouk has not been consistent in his submission,initially said he didnt collect any money.Later he said he collected to nail Otedola.
If Farouk claimed he collected to nail Otedola,why didnt he informed the other members of the committee abt it ?why did he keep it to himself until his yansh was blown open?
Conclusion:Farouk knows that he has been caught red-handed and just cooking up stories to defend his dubious act.
But am yet to understand why SSS has not come out to confirm Otedola claim that sss gave him the serialised money and video and voice recorders
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Piyke: 1:32pm On Jun 12, 2012
Meanwhile, Otedola said he gave $620,000 farouk says its $500k. Otedola is either not telling the truth or Farouk has pocketed $120k undecided
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by TheShopKeeper(m): 1:33pm On Jun 12, 2012
This is getting messier by the day, little wonder the corrupt government of GEJ has not taken any action.

Well I don't like anything will happen after this mini drama of mud-slinging. Everything goes back to back-slapping and a job well-done by the culprits or better still they will meet up at their various pepper soup joint.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Callimo(m): 1:33pm On Jun 12, 2012
jackolisa: Femi Otedola's Story Makes More Sense

http://telegraphafrica.com/2012/06/12/femi-otedolas-story-makes-more-sense/

You are naive man angry
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Chubhie: 1:34pm On Jun 12, 2012
Ola one: This was carefully scripted and Farouk fell for it. They really had him. A good plot by the powers that be.

Otedola was used to nail him. As a result, he's incurred the wrath of the ruling cabal and should brace himself for the aftermath like Omisore

if otedola was used as a suicide bomber to take out lawan and rubbish the subsidy probe by the powers that be then, the masses ought to look beyond the gimmicks of these cabals and demand that this script be followed to a logical conclusion just maybe this could be the trigger of a chain reaction that will put an end to corruption. We should follow this deviod of sentiments and tribalism. One way to start is why asking this question- who stands to profit in all this and whats in there for the masses?
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 12, 2012
Chubhie: if otedola was used as a suicide bomber to take out lawan and rubbish the subsidy probe by the powers that be then, the masses ought to look beyond the gimmicks of these cabals and demand that this script be followed to a logical conclusion just maybe this could be the trigger of a chain reaction that will put an end to corruption. We should follow this deviod of sentiments and tribalism. One way to start is why asking this question- who stands to profit in all this and whats in there for the masses?

Excellent. Thanks a lot . Top of the day to you.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by princeFAD: 1:38pm On Jun 12, 2012
bayooooooo:

You can only blackmail if there is a closely guarded secret. Otedola claims he deals only in Diesel which has nothing to do with subsidy.
Then, why did he succumb to blackmail?
Otedola didnt succumb to the blackmail.Rather he contacted the SSS who advised him to play along and supplied him with the serialised dollar notes and video recorders.
Otedola may not be innocent in the subsidy scandal but Farouk has been exposed as a corrupt man.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by plumbcare: 1:39pm On Jun 12, 2012
ifihearam: If I say I am totally disapppinted in Farouk Lawan its an understatement,that midget is a thief and he even had the audacity to produce an indictment report.

I strongly believe Obj had this before he openly called them rogues,perhaps Otedola went to him with the evidence

Thats exactly what happened.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 12, 2012
bayooooooo:

You are not far from the truth. Otedola was used to destroy subsidy probe report. Nothing substantial will happen to Lawan.

Maybe Lawan is even aware of the whole saga.....maybe it's a movie....who knows what the plan is...me know nothing good will come out of subsidy probe.....God punish them all.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by debosky(m): 1:40pm On Jun 12, 2012
nuclearboy: Sorry but please, who has seen the video that indicts Farouk Lawan? Or are we basing our judgments on "hearsay"?

Has the SSS come out to say, "yes, Otedola came to us"?

Conversely, has the IGP come out to say "yes, Farouk Lawan came to me"?

When Buhari said "no body will agree cos it will be a fight to d finish", people changed it to "I will kill everybody in Nigeria"! So who heard Farouk give all these like 4 or 5 statements? Or as usual, are we basing our decisions on "dem say"?

Seems to me some people have been paid to make a lot of noise over this matter just to confute the entire issue - PDP magic! Cos as all stands now, its just baseless unsubstantiated posturing!

Anyway, I refuse to judge either side because all that we have heard are RUMORS! He said I said that he said I said etc!

Only one question comes to mind - Otedola that is NOT involved in fuel importation CANNOT enter trouble over subsidy issues! So what did Lawan have over him? And I have read all the "stories" - none explains how someone can blackmail another for killing someone who is still alive!

Bros I am as skeptical as you are - I didn't believe any of it myself, but when Farouk made a statement (not dem say) saying he neither asked for nor received bribes, followed by an Otedola interview in Thisday, then followed by Farouk's frenzied denials. . . .this is all too much to simply be 'dem say'.

Money exchanged hands - the parts that may be rumour are the talk of video tapes, marked bills and so on, but one thing both parties are no longer denying is that money exchanged hands.

What we now need to know is which government bodies (Police/IG or SSS) was informed first and make a judgement on that basis. However, given the apparent need of the FG to destroy this subsidy report, I suspect the blame will come down on Farouk as being the guilty party.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Jamesqu(m): 1:49pm On Jun 12, 2012
...he didn't want his boyz to know so that there will be no witness to be called in court!
Ola one: They wanted to discredit the report. And, boy, did they succeed?

A resounding yes. There are some smart a**es in the presidency.

A biggie like Farouk should have exercised restraint. Imagine, he actually collected the cash himself. Gosh! Where were your boys, Farouk?
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Olaone1: 1:53pm On Jun 12, 2012
Chubhie: if otedola was used as a suicide bomber to take out lawan and rubbish the subsidy probe by the powers that be then, the masses ought to look beyond the gimmicks of these cabals and demand that this script be followed to a logical conclusion just maybe this could be the trigger of a chain reaction that will put an end to corruption. We should follow this deviod of sentiments and tribalism. One way to start is why asking this question- who stands to profit in all this and whats in there for the masses?
Forget the masses, bro.They remain an unwitting tool. This is planet Earth. It will forever be unequal. I have learnt to accept that.

A government that chose to punish you all instead of confronting the so-called importers. That is the way it is.
Politics is rewarding. smiley I will soon join the fray
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by worldman(m): 1:53pm On Jun 12, 2012
You people should forget about this stu pid faruk EVERY THING WILL END ON INVESTIGATING THE MATTER USELESS PEOPLE
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by maasoap(m): 1:55pm On Jun 12, 2012
Can we have a link to news where Farouk claimed he didn't collect money with his statement in quote?

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by agabaI23(m): 1:58pm On Jun 12, 2012
Jamesqu: ...the dailies today carried it. The MIrror.

Zenon was removed after the first sitting because Facrook claimed it had been listed in error as more information has come to the committee. Information implying $$$.

Money exchanged hands---Both parties agreed
Zenon was listed
Zenon was delisted following spirited defense from Farouk...Why did he defend Zenon?
If he defended Zenon as a just man because it was listed in error, why would Otedola come after a righteous and friendly man like him?
Why did he not alert the committee members?
Why did Otedola come up now with this allegation? Did Lawan ask for the balance?
Why did he deny ever receiving any money only to accept that later?

NB Smart hatchet men can mastermind this melodrama to rope him in but I will blame FL for ever accepting money in any guise without immediate disclosure or a witness.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Chubhie: 2:06pm On Jun 12, 2012
Ola one:
Forget the masses, bro.They remain an unwitting tool. This is planet Earth. It will forever be unequal. I have learnt to accept that.

A government that chose to punish you all instead of confronting the so-called importers. That is the way it is.
Politics is rewarding. smiley I will soon join the fray
you just confirmed the words of denis diderot the french philosopher “Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of
the last priest.” play your politics with a humane face. All the very best bro.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Chubhie: 2:08pm On Jun 12, 2012
bayooooooo:

Excellent. Thanks a lot . Top of the day to you.
Same to you bro.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by maasoap(m): 2:09pm On Jun 12, 2012
What if Otedola had tempted Farouk with bribe but later went to SSS and told them that Farouk was demanding for bribe from him. And Farouk also carried police along. Because it is like both parties are claiming SSS and police to be their witnesses.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Opoki(m): 2:14pm On Jun 12, 2012
oddy4real: Farouk Lawan demended for a bribe and some idiots are still mentioning GEJ'S name. na wa o
laffs
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Olaone1: 2:15pm On Jun 12, 2012
Chubhie: you just confirmed the words of denis diderot the french philosopher “Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of
the last priest.” play your politics with a humane face. All the very best bro.
Hahaha. So nice smiley

Beaf is my 'helper.'
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by 2goodbobo(m): 2:18pm On Jun 12, 2012
Obasanjo was never wrong when he said House of Assembly members are not but corrupt people!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix / PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators / Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.