Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,903 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him (32688 Views)

Tinubu Shaken By Fashola’s Threat To Expose Him / Farouk Lawan To Be Remanded In Prison Till February 9? / Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by stevSKY(m): 11:47am On Jun 12, 2012
FAROUK LAWAN....iz a shamless thief...... to me he did it.....
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 11:48am On Jun 12, 2012
oddy4real:
GEJ is corrupt? how?? do u have an instance or concrete proof you cant just make wild allegations you cant substantiate because u have unlimited access to the internet

My actual access to internet is limited to my leisure time. Talk something else.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Koolface4u: 11:48am On Jun 12, 2012
4rm i did nt collect bribe to i collect it to xposse otedola! Which 1 r we to belive? HON. FAROUQ OLE BURUKU. Another fresh air 4rm GEJ carbinet
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Esejojo: 11:48am On Jun 12, 2012
[quote author=doctokwus]My take :Otedola wt his companies are complicit in d fuel subsidy scam.He got pissed dat FL& his committee want to meddle in sth dat has bn ongoing,further got pissed @d mention of his comp's name in d initial report,wanted to thus kill d report& nail Fl,offers d bribe mony in a sting operation;Fl like d average corrupt nigerian politician sees it as an avenue to mke fast millions,falls for d bait while keeping some part of d report true to his committee's findings,collects part pay
https://www.nairaland.com/961825/farouk-lawan-femi-otedolas-500k/2
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by oddy4real(m): 11:49am On Jun 12, 2012
Farouk Lawan demended for a bribe and some idiots are still mentioning GEJ'S name. na wa o
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by blessed4ril(f): 11:53am On Jun 12, 2012
Weepin 4ma dear Nation!
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by oddy4real(m): 11:54am On Jun 12, 2012
Koolface4u: 4rm i did nt collect bribe to i collect it to xposse otedola! Which 1 r we to belive? HON. FAROUQ OLE BURUKU. Another fresh air 4rm GEJ carbinet
mungo park. so a House of Reps member is now a member of GEJ's cabinet? dont let me ask you for the University you attended/attend
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 12, 2012
oddy4real: Farouk Lawan demended for a bribe and some idiots are still mentioning GEJ'S name. na wa o

have you wondered why Otedola and not someone else?
Why the subsidy probe in the first instance?
Who are the indicted fellows in that probe and how close are they to the presidency?

Have you read about Malabu oil, the OPL 245 saga?
have you wondered why GEJ publicly declared his assets few years back but reluctant to do same now?
have you wondered how subsidy funds suddenly jumped in an election year?

GEJ is corrupt soul, body and spirit.

2 Likes

Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by oddy4real(m): 11:56am On Jun 12, 2012
bayooooooo:

Who are the indicted fellows in that probe and how close are they to the presidency?

have you wondered why GEJ publicly declared his assets few years back but reluctant to do same now?

you still havent said anything substantial Mr.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by debosky(m): 11:56am On Jun 12, 2012
This Farouk is a big phool - who is he kidding?

Just two days ago he issued a 'statement' saying he never collected any money, now he's saying he collected money?

“I assure Nigerians that I, Hon. Farouk Lawan, did not solicit or collect any bribe from anybody. I have nothing to hide,”

How can you make such a categorical statement only days ago and expect to have any credibility?

At least Otedola's story is consistent - the videotape should be released (if it exists) so we can make a judgement ourselves. tongue
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by lookmangiw(m): 11:57am On Jun 12, 2012
jackolisa: Femi Otedola's Story Makes More Sense

http://telegraphafrica.com/2012/06/12/femi-otedolas-story-makes-more-sense/
his story makes no sense to me. Surely, farouk lawan has its own and other faceless people agenda towards this probe. The aim of the probe was to totally discredit the jonathan administration and diminish his popularity the more. So i dont see a farouk lawan getting greedy to lose a greater gain for a smaller one.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 12, 2012
thieff...can u imagine.this politicians think Nigerians are as foolish as they are.What manner of lies is this?and he is still walking around as a free man? God help my country!!1
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 12, 2012
oddy4real:
you still havent said anything substantial Mr.

The something substantial is that our president, your beloved president is corrupt body, soul and spirit.

He is Dr. Corruption running the Federal Republic of corruption. Deal with it. shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by iaabc(f): 11:58am On Jun 12, 2012
worrisome, from my image was doctored to i collected it. plenty things are not right. why did the Security operatives not arrest him when they had evidence in hand, even house leadership knew about this weeks ago, why was it that it took otedola making noise about it before farouk raised his own issues, why why why, too many questions unaswered.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by olyivy(f): 12:02pm On Jun 12, 2012
bayooooooo:

The something substantial is that our president, your beloved president is corrupt body, soul and spirit.

He is Dr. Corruption running the Federal Republic of corruption. Deal with it. shocked shocked shocked
If there is anything to be dealt with, you are the one who should be dealing with it cos GEJ might NEVER know you exist let alone care about what you have to say about him.
So deal with it! tongue
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by christ4kay: 12:03pm On Jun 12, 2012
God in Action! Oh God the battle is all yours evwryone born of human that says your great country Nigeria will not know peace, God exposed and disgraced them and there
Generations.Oh God visit all evil doers of this great nation with evil let your wrath be upon them and there generations because they will not repent.Amen
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 12, 2012
olyivy:
If there is anything to be dealt with, you are the one who should be dealing with it cos GEJ might NEVER know you exist let alone care about what you have to say about him.
So deal with it! tongue

Oh really! grin grin grin grin grin

GEJ knows about your existence! Are you glad?

E be like say the thing dey pain you! GEJ is corrupt body, soul and spirit.

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 12, 2012
this is very sad for nigeria,All these every day probe is just a new way to make money for our senator.No wonder they left their duties of making laws and became emergency detectives.Probe every day.Nigeria look thy lawmakers(will i say lawbreakers)
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by lookmangiw(m): 12:05pm On Jun 12, 2012
bayooooooo:

exactly my point, the whole probing was done to get some people. There have never been a probe that was successful as this oil subsidy probe. We all know what would have happened in the past. They would have swept it under the carpet but all there weapons that have been used so far to discredit this report has not yielded anything. There was fraud in the subsidy payment and the reports stated that and went further to mentioned the culprits, what are they going to do to the culprits thats what matters to me
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by abt(m): 12:06pm On Jun 12, 2012
djon78: @mr globe hve a biased mind in this case. lawan said b4 he did nt collect any money, then later that his image was doctored to now claim that he collected but to nail otedola.

i do not hold brief for any of these men cos they are all imersed in deep cesspool of murky corruption. so dont come here supporting lawan, he has been in that hse 4 tenure now and u are claiming he is a saint. no they are all corrupt simple.

to clean up the oil industry in nigeria a thorough searchlight has to be beamed on every nook and crany, and if done u will see that the worst culprits are from the northern born to rule guys. they are the ones controling more than 85% of the industry and major corruption there.

because naija presidency has been like a cult shielding the oil deals from ordinary citizens, GEJ from niger delta on taking the seat was shocked at what this born to rule guys have messed up with the so much, that is why now there is a serious bunkering going on now in niger delta and the kind of money this guys are amassing is so much that by 2015 except a niger delta guy rules again they can single handedly stop totally oil production in Nigeria, and then let me see what all those greedy parasites will do.

Just four words Sir. " Kindly GO TO HELL. "
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by olyivy(f): 12:07pm On Jun 12, 2012
bayooooooo:

Oh really! grin grin grin grin grin

GEJ knows about your existence! Are you glad?

E be like say the thing dey pain you! GEJ is corrupt body, soul and spirit.
He doesnt know about me and I dont even want him to but I cant say that about you.
Again how can I be pained by a stark raving demento running amok on nairaland. What I have for you is PITY! I pity the people who should be watching over you.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by member479760: 12:08pm On Jun 12, 2012
This is another Ribadu - I took the money to the CBN, I inform the police but initially he denied collecting money. fair fair don killam just the wey the thin finished Ribadu. The businessman can as well said I used the money to set him up. children playground!
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jun 12, 2012
olyivy:
He doesnt know about me and I dont even want him to but I cant say that about you.
Again how can I be pained by a stark raving demento running amok on nairaland. What I have for you is PITY! I pity the people who should be watching over you.

Egbami o kini mose ti o dara o? grin

GEJ is corrupt body, soul and spirit shocked shocked shocked
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by stevSKY(m): 12:10pm On Jun 12, 2012
if he farouk is claimin to expose otedola.... he shld hav done dat a day afta.... why afta a long time wen tinz start turnin agaist him....... HIS a THIEF and THIEFS r to b locked up..... This Nation nids credible law makers dat will fight corupt practices nt law makers dat engage in corupt practice like FAROUK LAWAN....
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Jabioro: 12:10pm On Jun 12, 2012
Y did Farouk has to wait till Otedola cry'd out,all those letters and memos are back dated papers,Otedola has a very strong points,Faraouk it is mecine after dealth,because in the first instance you deny it outrightly,y singing different tune 4rm ur initial song.dat means after u been thought what 2 do,don't fool us mr farauok!
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by biilwwu(m): 12:11pm On Jun 12, 2012
Farouk has been exposed , He is looking for way out, am in the oil industry We all knew Zenon only trades AGO that is, Diesel,no subsidy for Diesel.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by olaayodele(m): 12:12pm On Jun 12, 2012
Baba,obj is highly intellligent. No wonder he was quoted saying that there are thieves and rogues among the reps,senate etc.Hon. Lawan why did you allow chief Otedola to blow the alarm first?
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by brabus(m): 12:14pm On Jun 12, 2012
informatix: Why will Otedola Give Bribe if his Zenon wasn't Involved. The Police Memo will be the Only evidence that saved Farouk. Otedola should be Arrested Immediately if FG. Is NOT a Primary school.lol.

And why would Farouk Lawan lead committee exonerate Zenon Oil in the subsidy probe report? They're still playing along, right?

Bros, this is like asking an abducted man why decided to pay a ransom if he knew he was a clean man. Or do you assume that every kidnapped person is unclean?
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by micklplus(m): 12:14pm On Jun 12, 2012
You already know the side of the story that says Femi Otedola gave Farouk Lawan $620,000 and that bit is very much true. This is the part of the drama that has been curiously left out of this whole national mess. You must pay attention to the details to see that whatever it was that happened between Femi Otedola and Honourable Farouk Lawan, the House of Representatives ad-hoc committee’s report cannot be the sacrifice because all these happened after the committee had completed its job. This for me is the most important part of this tale. I met Farouk Lawan last night. This was our second meeting after our first which came up when I needed to pass a simple message to him before his probe report was submitted. The message then was that a lot depended on his committee and history would judge them based on what they did. As far that particular job went, he kept his part of the deal. They did the best they could do. But then, the table turned after that…

Femi Otedola gets the game started:

After the ad-hoc committee had completed its report, Femi Otedola quickly made himself some sort of informant to Farouk Lawan. They exchanged phone calls and text messages with him basically positioning himself as one who knew the ins and outs of the petroleum industry and all the players and their intrigues. They got so close Femi Otedola then offered to make Farouk Lawan and his committee members immune to bribes from those indicted by the report. Ironically, this he allegedly did by promising that he and Aliko Dangote would make money available to the committee members to ensure they’d not be tempted by the oil marketers indicted in the report. By this time, Farouk Lawan had come to see Femi Otedola as one who meant well for the team and the work – the report.

After all said and done, some $620,000.00 was given to Farouk Lawan (with Boniface Emenalo) for himself and his committee members by Femi Otedola with the promise that Aliko Dangote would make most of the rest available.

On collecting the said money, in instalments with Boniface Emenalo, the clerk of the Subsidy Probe committee, they made the money available to the leadership of the house, the Speaker of the House Hon. Aminu Waziri Tambuwal and the chairman House Committee on Drugs/Narcotics and Financial Crimes, Adams Jagaba. Hon. Farouk Lawan who has been in the Federal House of Representatives since 1999 said the Chairman of EFCC Ibrahim Lamourde was also informed of this transaction at the time.

Farouk Lawan: he should have known better

The decision to table the money and the details of the Otedola money before the house was foiled by none other than the Chairman of the ruling party PDP Bamanga Tukur to make sure the issue was never brought before the house. Note that, Femi Otedola was the one who made some N800 million available to the Law Makers as they hastened to pass the “doctrine of necessity” ruling that ensured then Vice President Goodluck Jonathan was made the acting President in the face of delays and uncertainties. Femi Otedola whose relationship with then Vice President Goodluck Jonathan became strengthened by the fact that former President Yar’ Adua had sidelined him in preference for Aliko Dangote. Ever since President Jonathan became the nation’s number one, Femi Otedola has since enjoyed a cosy relationship with the President.

With the initiative of doing the right thing seized from them by the Chairman of their Party, Bamanga Tukur, it was a matter of time the game players turned the table on Farouk Lawan and his committee’s clerk Boniface Emenalo. Everyone knows how Bamanga Tukur became Chairman. President Goodluck Jonathan and the PDP machinery ensured there was no election because the same Bamanga Tukur had been well and truly beaten in his zone’s elections just days before the party’s National Convention. He was foisted on the party a week after that disgraceful defeat. As Chairman, it is easy to understand whose interest he’d serve.

Femi Otedola: whose interest was he serving?

Having lost the initiative by just keeping the Otedola money within a closed unit as requested by the Chairman of the Party, the table turned on Farouk Lawan when Femi Otedola became the one making the issue public. Rather be the accuser, Farouk Lawan became the defender, the very place those who started the whole stage managed process wanted him. The man with the message of hope had suddenly become the man who had to defend himself.

Discredit the Messenger, discredit the Message:

Farouk Lawan has since become the human embodiment of the fuel subsidy probe report. He was the bearer of the message that indicted some of Nigeria’s most powerful individuals. Were we to further investigate the flow of the looted subsidy funds, it would not take a James Bond to know that the successful electoral campaigns of some PDP candidates immensely benefitted from the looting. Having managed to do a good job of exposing these “untouchables,” the above events looked like a last ditch attempt at discrediting the messenger. That way, the message suffers. In this case though, the message was delivered before the messenger got discredited. Had the President – who has also been indicted as a beneficiary of the looted subsidy funds via his ultra-expensive campaign – done something about the report when it was adopted by the House, the message would have resulted in at least sacked ministers and arrested marketers. Sadly though, you need not look too hard to see that while Nigerians were crying for something to be done about the Probe Panel’s report, those that needed to do that “something” were working overtime to shoot the messenger. But then, this messenger had delivered the message. Whatever the case may be, the fuel subsidy probe report remains independent of this Otedola bribe scandal because everything about the report had been done and dusted before the powers that be sent Otedola on this dance of shame.

My Conclusion:

One thing is clear in all of these. The PDP runs our country like a village thrift association. Where matters as serious as a monumental bribe are said to be kept away from the public by the party’s National Chairman in order to save the party, shows a party that would not think twice about sacrificing national interest for its increasingly parochial interests. It is the Party that has ensured the likes of Ibrahim Lamourde of the EFCC and the principal members of the House of Representatives who knew about the Otedola money have since kept quiet. Silence of course in this case means “I don’t know anything about it” which very much serves the interest of those who want the messenger down to kill the message. Will all of those who were informed of this money now talk, will come out to say they told Farouk Lawan to keep within the house. If they don’t, Farouk Lawan, whether he knows it or not, whether he admits it or not, would have become another victim of a party that never bothers about the cost of its victories as long as it gets them. It is called Do-or-dieism. Will the principal members of the house who were privy to all of these release a public statement to state that much or will they use the excuse of being on recess as a form of alibi? That question can only be answered by the PDP. All of these have happened because a political party and its opportunist office holders want to make sure the fuel subsidy probe dies a natural death by depriving it of credibility.

This is my personal opinion: Whoever has done anything criminal must face the law and justice, the same way those who used the power of their relationship to defraud Nigerians of over N2 trillion under the guise of subsidy must do the same. The fuel subsidy probe should not suffer for this. It was not affected by this. The PDP must remember Nigeria is not its BOT quorum. It is either the PDP’s reign in Nigeria ends, or Nigeria ends. Mark my words, these two ends are mutually exclusive because as long as PDP continues its reign of terror, corruption, barbarism and savagery in Nigeria, there would be no Nigeria soon enough. A lot of state power and resources have been made available to get this done, what if the same energy was expended to getting the subsidy thieves prosecuted? Then again, you cannot arrest your own thief can you? There is a lot more to these I am sure I am not privy to but I know the national interest is far from the heart of the big players.

http://omojuwa.com/2012/exclusive-blogbuster-farouk-lawans-side-of-the-story-as-told-by-him/?wpmp_tp=0

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by TechRev: 12:14pm On Jun 12, 2012
Every body is scamming everybody, FG scam the masses, Otedola scam Farouk, Farouk scam house members and IG, house members scam contractors and marketers, contractors and marketers scam FG, masses scam themselves, scam scam all the way. 9ja we salute you !!! Who are you reading this scamming today?? Your boss?? Your landlord?? your tenant?? your workers?? your creditors?? Country of Scam the cycle is complete. Join the war against Scams now.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Jamesqu(m): 12:15pm On Jun 12, 2012
Integrity is like a brand new car, any dent on it and its value is lost.
If you want to be Mr. Integrity, then u must never allow for the slightest dent to your values.

The mere change of story ALONE has done irrepairable damage to Farouk.
I was once offered a bribe by a contractor, I turned it down and sent him out of my office. Immediately he left I went to my boss and his boss to report the incident, they asked me to go get the contractor's documents. Before I got back the contractor was there briefing them that I had demanded for a bribe from him. Despite this, it took the grace of God for me to get out of this with my reputation intact. The first question my boss asked me was why i had a meeting with a contractor ALONE in my office.

But wait o, is it only me that think these guys have lost the value of money?
$3m in CASH (almost half a billion naira), is that not madness? Do you dig a hole in your compound? You can't take it to bank because of Sanusi, you can't take it abroad...how in the world do you manage such amount? If you take such from 10 people.....Jesox!
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by stevSKY(m): 12:19pm On Jun 12, 2012
olaayodele: Baba,obj is highly intellligent. No wonder he was quoted saying that there are thieves and rogues among the reps,senate etc.Hon. Lawan why did you allow chief Otedola to blow the alarm first?
Yes i remember BABA OBJ said so.....He mst have knw their shady deals...... anyway sha na OLE de sabi OLE...... I cut cap for u BABA OTA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Quilox Boss Shina Peller Wins Iseyin Federal Constituency Seat / Kiki Osinbajo Shares Fathers Day Photo With Her Dad. / EFCC And ICPC Stripped Of Powers To Seize Assets In Corruption Cases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.