Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him (32693 Views)

Tinubu Shaken By Fashola’s Threat To Expose Him / Farouk Lawan To Be Remanded In Prison Till February 9? / Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by lastpage: 12:19pm On Jun 12, 2012
Judge: Did you rob the Bank?

Accused: No Sir.

Judge: Are you not the one shown in this CCTV video, breaking the Vault and carting the money away?

Accused: Your honor, l did not rob the bank, l only broke the Vault, just to prove to you that the Security measures of the Bank are inadequate! shocked shocked
The Manager has been spending his "security vote" on women and parties!

Judge: But the Police were actually watching you while you were doing all these, why did you not inform them of your INTENTIONS BEFORE HAND?

Accused: I did not want to disturb them as they ave a lot of other things to attend to.

Judge: Why do you think l shold believe your story?

Accused: Because l have been doing this for over 13years (since 1999) and have never been caught! grin grin grin

Judge: You are hereby discharged and acquitted.......but is anything for the boys? wink wink

Accused: hahaaaa......I just caught you Mr. judge! Its a Sting operation to nail and show you're corrupt. tongue tongue

Judge: (Confused and dumb-founded!)! Kai, these Nigerians are as slippery as an Ell!

Lastpage!

6 Likes

Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by emmasege: 12:23pm On Jun 12, 2012
aboki, this is medicine after death. whether u were playing along or took the bribe to expose him, you spoke too late and to worsen ur problem, ur stories don't add up. I thought farouk was educated and intelligent enough not to fall so cheaply but then i remembered that he's still an aboki.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by agabaI23(m): 12:24pm On Jun 12, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Also Farouk has released the police memo he sent to the police. That thief called otedola should be ashamed of himself. He needs to be stoned to death for trying to stand against justice
Come on! Otedola said he involved the SSS and had a video and to counter that claim, he decided to say he informed the IGP. Then the IGP should have arrested Otedola for bribery or is Lawan trying to declare the IGP as being incompetent or complicit?

Why did he not announce the bribery thing to the public the way he announced the names of the defaulters?
Does it mean that the first statement he made denying he ever collected any money from Otedola was not his or is he now retracting that statement?
Otedola should make his own recordings public.

I am sure something wrong both ways. We shall know the truth
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by ajbabs(m): 12:24pm On Jun 12, 2012
Mr Lawan need no pity from all these corrupt inclined person that have been commenting in his(Lawan)favour.
Mr Lawan collected $620000 bribe from Mr Otedola in which SSS provided the said marked money.
Mr Lawan's committee indited Otedola's company in their first report but later he(Lawan) fought his way to *vindicate otedola's company in the house plenary session* having recieved some cool dollars
The question to Mr Lawan is why vindicated Otedola's company after he has collected the bribe and exposed him?
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 12, 2012
Disappointed.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by LordTee: 12:29pm On Jun 12, 2012
aboki indeed, nama would be nama, malu would be malu.anuohia would be anuahia
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Alxmyr(m): 12:30pm On Jun 12, 2012
bayooooooo:

Farouk Lawan is a thief. Agreed.

But blackmail does not exist without complicity. You get it?

Who is blackmailing who?
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 12, 2012
Imanuelle: Disappointed.

To say the least. We are back in square one. The subsidy report is now worthless.
Mr integrity is now Mr corruption. Nobody will ever take any probe in NASS serious again.

and the cycle continues. I am out!!!

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by LordTee: 12:33pm On Jun 12, 2012
Funkymallam: Cross me, i double cross u...
Its getting interesting.
overtake don overtake overtake
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by agabaI23(m): 12:33pm On Jun 12, 2012
One more thing.
I did not see the old and new list but if it is true that Zenon was in the earlier but not in the later list, then Farouk may have to think of another way to defend himself.

He has to explain why!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by naylove(m): 12:33pm On Jun 12, 2012
[b][/b][size=8pt][/size]

watch out for the next ogbonge movie BUSH MEAT AND THE HUNTER PART 1
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by timisally: 12:34pm On Jun 12, 2012
who be the thief,who be the hunter.femi otedola is a bad nigeria and he his one of the people we need to jail and farouk lawan is also to be jail for taking bribe and first lying he did not know anything about the bribe,now is saying he want to expose femi otedola.since the time u collected the money.see oga jonathan mumu sit down dey look will not even talk tough as a leader$it high time we take our destiny in our hands.let see our things unfold.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Chubhie: 12:35pm On Jun 12, 2012
The verifiability thesis is the view that a statement or question is only
legitimate if there is some way to determine whether the statement is
true or false.why is the sss silent on this. Stop chasing shadows and get down to bussiness.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 12, 2012
Alxmyr:

Who is blackmailing who?

You can only blackmail if there is a closely guarded secret. Otedola claims he deals only in Diesel which has nothing to do with subsidy.
Then, why did he succumb to blackmail?
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by LordTee: 12:39pm On Jun 12, 2012
Chubhie: The verifiability thesis is the view that a statement or question is only
legitimate if there is some way to determine whether the statement is
true or false.why is the sss silent on this. Stop chasing shadows and get down to bussiness.
chubbie there is no shadow chasing the two physical men standing are aboki and kobokobo, there is no yamiri
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by lookmangiw(m): 12:44pm On Jun 12, 2012
bayooooooo:

You can only blackmail if there is a closely guarded secret. Otedola claims he deals only in Diesel which has nothing to do with subsidy.
i wonder o. Well maybe he wanted to help his other cohorts.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Hitmequincy(m): 12:45pm On Jun 12, 2012
Otedola Na Thief... Farouk Na Police man, why will he go to his house at first?.. I bet bros Farouk won chop from the money ni oo..
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by lastpage: 12:47pm On Jun 12, 2012
bayooooooo:

Let me put it this way, as simple as l can:
"If you are accused at the market place, of Toileting and not cleaning your yansh afterwards.......How many people are you going to bare your yansh for, just to prove your innocence of the accusation"?

Will the "irreparable damage" not have been done already?

Me thinks Otedola is a crook, no doubt but in this particular matter, he outsmarted Farouk "thief" Lawan, big time!

For the simple fact that he involved the SSS from the on-set (unlike Farouk who kept quiet, publicly denied receiving the money initially, made a somersault after and told us he did not want to disturb the House by not informing them! shocked ), the SSS provided the "marked" bribery Notes and their i "Video evidence" (which he denied again, earlier!) of Farouk taking the bribe!

Lord have mercy! Faaaa...rrooooouu...Kkkkuuuuuuu! What were you thinking?

Lastapge!

Lastpage
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by lanetrips: 12:47pm On Jun 12, 2012
This is getting interesting.hope they will not kill dis allegation and counter allegation imbroglio the way they did to so many
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by question(m): 12:48pm On Jun 12, 2012
Federal Republic of Bribery and Corruption.

Fela sings..
You be thief.
I no be thief
You be robber.
I no be robber.
You be arm robber.
I no be arm robber.

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by mspookie: 12:49pm On Jun 12, 2012
So, was the letter to the IG printed, hand written or E-mailed how can we confirm d dates i SENSE a feeling of guilt from both parties. When OBJ said the lawmakers at the state and federal levels are “rogues and armed robbers,am sure he had been informed about the bribe, if he isnt the chairman of the idea. well; are we ever goin to find out the truth or is this goin to be swept away
i also think the IG is involved and the money would have been properly shared if there isnt any issue.
y do we have 2 different lists?

There is obviously more than meets the eye...
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 12, 2012
lastpage:
Let me put it this way, as simple as l can:
"If you are accused at the market place, of Toileting and not cleaning your yansh afterwards.......How many people are you going to bare your yansh for, just to prove your innocence of the accusation"?

Will the "irreparable damage" not have been done already?

Me thinks Otedola is a crook, no doubt but in this particular matter, he outsmarted Farouk "thief" Lawan, big time!

For the simple fact that he involved the SSS from the on-set (unlike Farouk who kept quiet, publicly denied receiving the money initially, made a somersault after and told us he did not want to disturb the House by not informing them! shocked ), the SSS provided the "marked" bribery Notes and their i "Video evidence" (which he denied again, earlier!) of Farouk taking the bribe!

Lord have mercy! Faaaa...rrooooouu...Kkkkuuuuuuu! What were you thinking?

Lastapge!

Lastpage

You have a good point.

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 12, 2012
Pls guys, lets apply some logic here.
Let all assume Otedola is guilty, and his name was suppose to be on the list.
Therefore, Hon. Lawan doesn't need the bribery money to expose him, He is already exposed by listing his company among the subsidy thievies.
Hon. Lawan is indeed a sad man. He simply should have ignored Otedola and his bribery, and do what He was asked to do. He is the bigger thief and He was outsmart
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 12, 2012
I am greatly pained that the celebrated subsidy report can not be used to nail anybody. It's now more useless than a dead man shit.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by mikron(m): 1:04pm On Jun 12, 2012
~Bluetooth:

He should resign his positon immediately ! angry
who?
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by nuclearboy(m): 1:04pm On Jun 12, 2012
Sorry but please, who has seen the video that indicts Farouk Lawan? Or are we basing our judgments on "hearsay"?

Has the SSS come out to say, "yes, Otedola came to us"?

Conversely, has the IGP come out to say "yes, Farouk Lawan came to me"?

When Buhari said "no body will agree cos it will be a fight to d finish", people changed it to "I will kill everybody in Nigeria"! So who heard Farouk give all these like 4 or 5 statements? Or as usual, are we basing our decisions on "dem say"?

Seems to me some people have been paid to make a lot of noise over this matter just to confute the entire issue - PDP magic! Cos as all stands now, its just baseless unsubstantiated posturing!

Anyway, I refuse to judge either side because all that we have heard are RUMORS! He said I said that he said I said etc!

Only one question comes to mind - Otedola that is NOT involved in fuel importation CANNOT enter trouble over subsidy issues! So what did Lawan have over him? And I have read all the "stories" - none explains how someone can blackmail another for killing someone who is still alive!

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 12, 2012
mikron: who?

You should know!!!
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jun 12, 2012
mikron: who?

You should know!!! GEJ, the President Federal Republic of Corruption grin grin grin

ok I take that back.

There is overwhelming evidence against Farouk. He should leave the House of Reps.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by mikron(m): 1:08pm On Jun 12, 2012
talk true:

Where is the $500,000.
Is it with Farouk or it was forwarded to Police?
you no dey read and understand article? It said he attached the money with the report he sent to the IGP. Read it again pls
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 12, 2012
nuclearboy: Sorry but please, who has seen the vide that indicts Farouk Lawan? Or are we basing our judgments on "hearsay"?

Has the SSS come out to say, "yes, Otedola came to us"?

Converselt, has the IGP come out to say "yes, Farouk Lawan came to me"?

When Buhari said "no body will agree cos it will be a fight to d finish", people changed it to "I will kill everybody in Nigeria"! So who heard Farouk give all these like 4 or 5 statements? Or as usual, are we basing our decisions on "dem say"?

I refuse to judge either side because all there we hear are RUMORS! He said I said that he said I said etc!

Only one question comes to mind - Otedola that is NOT involved in fuel importation CANNOT enter trouble over subsidy issues! So what did Lawan have over him? And I have read all the "stories" - none explains how someone can blackmail another for killing someone who is still alive!

There is no hear say. You don't need any "fideo" agian. Farouk has contradicted himself within 24hrs!
He made a confessional statement in the house which is equally on tape. He is in deep shit
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Olaone1: 1:09pm On Jun 12, 2012
This was carefully scripted and Farouk fell for it. They really had him. A good plot by the powers that be.

Otedola was used to nail him. As a result, he's incurred the wrath of the ruling cabal and should brace himself for the aftermath like Omisore
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 12, 2012
Ola one: This was carefully scripted and Farouk fell for it. They really had him. A good plot by the powers that be.

Otedola was used to nail him. As a result, he's incurred the wrath of the ruling cabal and should brace himself for the aftermath like Omisore

You are not far from the truth. Otedola was used to destroy subsidy probe report. Nothing substantial will happen to Lawan.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

PEPC Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court, To Demand Elected Gov, 3 Senators / Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix / Top Boko Haram Commanders Killed During Military Artillery Bombardments (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.