Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (327) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1786944 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 17, 2014
eaglechild:

I guess it still needs to be swept unless it will turn brown.

What is star doing at Okpara square?
that's one thing I don't like about our red soil. I don't think it can be swept tho', I guess rain will wash it off.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 17, 2014
spyder880:
@ centje, eaglechild, this is another way to preserve the road median. This road is the stretch of Abakpa junction to Emene express, concrete median instead of flowers which may not be well maintained.
obviously, it's better than leaving the median open without a lawn, natural or artificial.
That Abakaliki road needs more of natural lawn( reason: it's a highway with less pedestrians) while roads like holy ghost area, with more pedestrians, needs interlock or concrete pavement.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by soma042(m): 1:19pm On Dec 17, 2014
And ur not getting ready 2moro18, then ur on a long thing

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 1:37pm On Dec 17, 2014
soma042:
And ur not getting ready 2moro18, then ur on a long thing

Chai! The oti igba 1 of oti igba junction grin

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by soma042(m): 1:44pm On Dec 17, 2014
spyder880:

Spider if i here say you miss

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by feminancy(m): 1:48pm On Dec 17, 2014
spyder880:

spider i cant wait to meet you there.
will you come
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:00pm On Dec 17, 2014
feminancy:

spider i cant wait to meet you there.
will you come

Enugu is my home, I will be there if invited, and my pictures will flood this thread as the slam is ongoing. Promise me a photo shoot of phyno?

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 17, 2014
It would have been a very good initiative if bus stations in Enugu were relocated to at least 2-3 areas, with large space, good road network, close proximity to a highways and other basic amenities, not forgetting security. Then operators of those transport companies will be mandated or encouraged to build good bus stations, and constantly updated website. Probably give them models to choose from. Goverment or privately owned stations can be built for companies that don't have their domain in enugu and also for companies unable to build the designated models of bus station. In addition, ogbete main market can also be rolacated to a place near it, with good road net work also. Enugu north may provide the land, that way they won't complain of losing their source of revenue. Definitely, laws will be in place to regulate them. Like banning of playing music and advert from loud speakers, laws on waste management etc.

I don't think of any development without considering maintenance and sustainability, each station will be privately owned wih laws regulating them as stated earlier. Then, Enugu state government and involved LGs manages each of the whole area, in partnership a reputable private company, but a large part of the managerial work is left for the private company with revenues remitted to the government. Just like it was done for Polo mall. And 'am very sure Banks will be excited to loan cash. This could be designed in such a way that government may not even spending a kobo.

If they can provide space for relocation of long trucks, that were initially parking around the NNPC mega filling station, why not for the bus companies.

Bennefits of such project:
1. City is organised, less human congestion and stress of facilities at holy ghost area, any new visitor can easily locate where to board bus.
2. Traffic congestion around holy ghost is reduced.
3. Development is extended, you may be surprised to see hotels, banks spring up around the areas.
4. Revenue( both by Enugu state goverment and by NURTW) can easily be collected and accounted for, since the number of transport companies are known, and there will be security on guard to arrest companies or individuals operating outside the zoned area for bus stations.
5. It also creates more income for taxi drivers, intracity buses, retailers as mini shops are incooperated into the design...therefore hawking is a big NO.
6. It will create an atmosphere of competition with better services to passengers
7. Creates employment: people will be employed as cleaners for offices, toilets etc, security men and so on...

Here are some Transport companies making some effort to improve their bus station: God is good,Agofure, ABC.

Below is a bus station in mexico:

[img]http://1.bp..com/_k35nfiCNHS4/SeVO2wG6ffI/AAAAAAAAAHw/MQEUxoF1bJg/s320/easter+2009+022.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/_k35nfiCNHS4/SeVQzRFMswI/AAAAAAAAAH4/8_2An8us87A/s320/easter+2009+024.jpg[/img]

There're sophisticated designs around the world, but as we grow, the transport companies will evolve their architectures. The basic thing is to have it simple and organised. We mustn't copy, in Nigeria, Enugu state should be seen among the states making the first move. For instance, You can't talk of tourism and fail to mention Cross River state,simply, because Donald Duke redefined tourism for Nigeria at a point when all eyes are on oil. Up till now, kenyeta market is yet to be relocated.

It pains me so much that we Africans underestimate the enormous bennefits of having organised cities and suburbs.

9 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 17, 2014
I feel like crying, missing Road block again cry
Who knows whether the incoming Governor will uphold this Cultural festival Chime started
Too bad for me angry

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1950592_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by otil1: 3:14pm On Dec 17, 2014
Wow! Centje, is that you? grin

Above is simply splendid. Great ideas are Coming! Mej, u dey so? Hear him o!

Splendid, I personally commend you. More please.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by vanbonattel: 3:16pm On Dec 17, 2014
bunch f thieving governors in the south east, this governor is also a tiff grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by soma042(m): 3:23pm On Dec 17, 2014
vanbonattel:
bunch f thieving governors in the south east, this governor is also a tiff grin

How do you mean please
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by otil1: 3:26pm On Dec 17, 2014
centje:
I feel like crying, missing Road block again cry
Who knows whether the incoming Governor will uphold this Cultural festival Chime started
Too bad for me angry

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1950592_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188
[size=18pt]
Papa oringo[/size] cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 17, 2014
otil1:

[size=18pt]
Papa oringo[/size] cheesy cheesy cheesy
lol grin At least, the oringo dey reach everybody, no be say e go dey enjoy alone grin

City development is not all about erecting infrastructures, it also entails infusing the soul of city into the hearts of the indigenes and residents. It leads to oneness...and that's how patriotism is won.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Dec 17, 2014
soma042:

How do you mean please
please, don't waste you data. He's not worth the waste.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by otil1: 4:00pm On Dec 17, 2014
centje:
lol grin At least, the oringo dey reach everybody, no be say e go dey enjoy alone grin

City development is not all about erecting infrastructures, it also entails infusing the soul of city into the hearts of the indigenes and residents. It leads to oneness...and that's how patriotism is won.

I 100% concur grin grin grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:16pm On Dec 17, 2014
centje:

I also agree with you this time, and I can also flex as long as the setting is Enugu grin Man has to unwind sometimes. ...
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Energito: 5:28pm On Dec 17, 2014
spyder880:

I also agree with you this time, and I can also flex as long as the setting is Enugu grin Man has to unwind sometimes. ...
also go with your wife.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Energito: 5:29pm On Dec 17, 2014
spyder880:

also go with your wife.she need it too
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 6:07pm On Dec 17, 2014
spyder880:
@ centje, eaglechild, this is another way to preserve the road median. This road is the stretch of Abakpa junction to Emene express, concrete median instead of flowers which may not be well maintained.

^^^Now this is much preferred if they can't maintain and cut the greenery as and when due!

All it needs now is for massive flower pots to be placed equidistant from each street-light to help soften the look a bit; for trees to be planted on both sides of the road; and for them to do the necessary road markings!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by vanbonattel: 8:43pm On Dec 17, 2014
centje:
please, don't waste you data. He's worth the waste.
whaaaat? you are calling me a waste!
do you want me to unleash mayhem on this stupvid threed.
I can bring in my band boys to play music here till tomorrow if anyone speak to me again
nonsensical nonsense cool
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 17, 2014
spyder880:

enjoy man, it's the season cheesy
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:46am On Dec 18, 2014
Enugu outskirts is getting busier, this new Genesis outlet just opened at Nowas junction of Trans Ekulu Enugu. Everyone should not have to move inside town to chill out at shoprite grin

I like this place, very cool and ideal for having a quick business meeting.

11 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 3:15pm On Dec 18, 2014
Hi guys, its long time we hear from people flying to Enugu using the ET. Please, we wish to hear from guys how the journey was and what are the new developments in the service offered. By this time last year, I was among those who where briefing the guys here about the whole stuff. But am really surprised no one has highlighted it here while many are using ET direct entry to coal city. Plz if u have used or plan to use this coming days, we wish to hear from u what ur experience has been so far.

And if possible,for those about to enter, try to capture the new international terminal from upward level before the flight lands.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 19, 2014
No pictures from the Road block5
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:23pm On Dec 19, 2014
centje:
No pictures from the Road block5

I wonder ooo, and guys here were telling me they went there, can you guys supply the pictures? cheesy
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 10:27pm On Dec 19, 2014
spyder880:

I wonder ooo, and guys here were telling me they went there, can you guys supply the pictures? cheesy

Sorry I wanted to upload a pix I got from someone's facebook wall but it wouldn't upload
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:13am On Dec 20, 2014
biafrandream:

Sorry I wanted to upload a pix I got from someone's facebook wall but it wouldn't upload
is it issue of large size?

spyder880:

sir, spyder, seems you didn't make it to the show?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 1:17am On Dec 20, 2014
spyder880:
Enugu outskirts is getting busier, this new Genesis outlet just opened at Nowas junction of Trans Ekulu Enugu. Everyone should not have to move inside town to chill out at shoprite grin

I like this place, very cool and ideal for having a quick business meeting.

Oga Spyder, i will be home this xmas and will pass through Enugu Intl. airport. I will like to get a phone number to discuss land issues if time permit me. If not my relations will contact you. I am interested.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 3:40am On Dec 20, 2014
ChimaAdeoye:

Oga Spyder, i will be home this xmas and will pass through Enugu Intl. airport. I will like to get a phone number to discuss land issues if time permit me. If not my relations will contact you. I am interested.

You can call me on 08033350750, thanks.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 3:56am On Dec 20, 2014
spyder880:

You can call me on 08033350750, thanks.

Thanks a lot
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:31pm On Dec 20, 2014
Indeed, Enugu has a lot of housing estates. This is the CBN quarters, Enugu.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (698) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.