Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,626 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (328) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1785463 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:33pm On Dec 20, 2014
Inside the CBN quarters. ......Enugu.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 5:37pm On Dec 20, 2014
spyder880:
this place looks rusty though.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:50pm On Dec 20, 2014
Lack of serious maintenance, the place needs a coat of paint like yesterday. ...... grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:52pm On Dec 20, 2014
People are leaving town in droves, moving to the villages to enjoy Christmas. .....

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:54pm On Dec 20, 2014
And this is where a good network of roads comes in helpful. .......

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 5:59pm On Dec 20, 2014
spyder880:
People are leaving town in droves, moving to the villages to enjoy Christmas. .....

Chai,
Oga Spyder, you read minds o!

How did you know i wished you will show how Abakaliki road now look, as well as the airport flyover?

Thanks a lot Bro. Keep it coming.....

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 6:01pm On Dec 20, 2014
spyder880:

But Why is the CBN building more buildings, when they can't maintain what they have already built?
Na wa for Naija administrators.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:05pm On Dec 20, 2014
ChimaAdeoye:

Chai,
Oga Spyder, you read minds o!

How did you know i wished you will show how Abakaliki road now look, as well as the airport flyover?

Thanks a lot Bro. Keep it coming.....

I just got a picture of the short road diversion to Abakaliki, will load soon......

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:09pm On Dec 20, 2014
This short road. ........

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:13pm On Dec 20, 2014
Is solving a lot of problems, sucking traffic away from the express and diverting them back at a point where it will not cause any problems. .......

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:17pm On Dec 20, 2014
More of the concrete medians in Enugu. .......

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 6:17pm On Dec 20, 2014
spyder880:
Is solving a lot of problems, sucking traffic away from the express and diverting them back at a point where it will not cause any problems. .......

Oga Spyder,
Where is this road?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 6:19pm On Dec 20, 2014
spyder880:
More of the concrete medians in Enugu. .......

Beautiful.......

I think we should cover up more medians in places where it had been difficult to grow grass and flowers in the median.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:19pm On Dec 20, 2014
We wish you a merry Christmas, and some hefty beef to chow down grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:20pm On Dec 20, 2014
ChimaAdeoye:

Oga Spyder,
Where is this road?

New Haven junction, on the road to Abakaliki express. ....
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 6:32pm On Dec 20, 2014
spyder880:

New Haven junction, on the road to Abakaliki express. ....

Wow!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:47am On Dec 21, 2014
This is a new development around Ibagwa Nike, on the new Opi-Nsukka road, I am still awaiting answers on what the government wants to build here.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HappyJoe: 12:36pm On Dec 21, 2014
spyder880:
This is a new development around Ibagwa Nike, on the new Opi-Nsukka road, I am still awaiting answers on what the government wants to build here.

It must be green houses for tomatoes.

Enugu State has an arrangement with San Carlos of Mexico to grow tomatoes and pineapples for export to Western Europe (via the Enugu International Airport).

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 1:09pm On Dec 21, 2014
spyder880:

Looks like a green house.

Meanwhile some other guys want to build a tomato processing plant in Nkerefi

http://www.idagroltd.com/project.asp

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 3:48pm On Dec 21, 2014
spyder880:

Oga Spyder,
If one is coming from Port harcourt to Enugu on the PH-expressway, and gets to the Naira triangle junction of Abakaliki expressway, will this road be useful in getting her to Abakpa?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:46pm On Dec 21, 2014
ChimaAdeoye:

Oga Spyder,
If one is coming from Port harcourt to Enugu on the PH-expressway, and gets to the Naira triangle junction of Abakaliki expressway, will this road be useful in getting her to Abakpa?

The only way this road can help to Abakpa is that there will not be any hold up at the usual junction where PH express road joined the Abakaliki express road. Apart from that, the new road is only to cut into the Abakaliki express smoothly.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 5:03pm On Dec 21, 2014
CA:

[size=28pt]Chime is an asset to Enugu[/size]

Kieran Gozie Enechi is the legal adviser to Lagos-based Adada Media Forum, a collection of media professionals of Enugu extraction with a commitment and drive to cross fertilize experience and exposure in order to meaningfully contribute to the social, political and economic advancement of Enugu State and her people. He speaks on issues of interest in the state. Excerpts:
By Chinweoke Akoma
What is your honest assessment of the current administration in Enugu State ?
Something beautiful has happened in Enugu in the past seven years and is continuing. The man in the saddle, undoubtedly, has brought the actual delivery of democratic dividends, home, to the constituent parts of Enugu, a clear departure from the frenzied rhetorics of yesterday. This is a natural progression in the growth process of our democratic practice and the people of Enugu are glowing with joy, especially, the ordinary man.
Gov. Chime
Gov. Chime
I remember the enthusiasm in the voice of a commercial cab operator I boarded while on a private visit to Enugu sometime ago.
“Anyi eji gi kwe Governor Anyi achi” (we revere our governor highly), he enthused. Upon further enquiry on why they hold him so dear as to bring out a unique ring of passion in his voice, he explained that the people of his states never realized governance has the capacity to undertake transformational infrastructural developments as witnessed since the coming of Sullivan Chime’s administration.
Enugu State now is beautiful. The evenness of the distribution of infrastructure and the rapidity of focused completion recommend Enugu as first among equals in that top class of four performing states. What accentuates the rarity is that the Enugu government is quiet about these positive developments, rather directing its steam on target completion dates for more and more projects for public good.
I call this the Enugu example. It is shinning for all to see upon a passing visit. Expectedly, the mind behind this unique kind of leadership direction will
necessarily be imbued with a keen sense of fairness and good conscience. A fallout of this mature approach from leadership heights was the pronouncement on zoning and rotation of elective positions. As you know, this was widely received by a grateful and overwhelming majority of Enugu people across the state but not so for a few with certain interest.
We can safely situate the current political developments in Enugu against this backdrop especially after the emergence of the obvious popular candidacy of Hon. Ngwuanyi as the PDP consensus candidate and inevitable possessor of the onerous, challenging legacies of the Chime administration. Another springboard for the current developments was the governor’s wise decision to yield to the yearnings of his constituents to be of further good use to the people of Enugu in a strategic electable platform in the coming dispensation.
Since then, the few, who felt threatened, have made all manner of desperate moves, including character smearing in an opposition newspaper. The trend is not just sad but tragic. Sullivan Chime is unarguably PDP’s poster person for the successful delivery of dividends and a ready electoral asset in all the composite parts of Enugu today.
How do you look at the attendant positioning of Nsukka people in the emerging scenario?
The zoning of the gubernational slot to Nsukka zone to contribute its quota in the concerted efforts towards sustainable up-building in Enugu is in harmony with the notion of equity and good conscience. Simply put, it is the right thing at the right time. No rational Enugu person will have issues with this except out ignorance of our geo-political dynamics.
On the flip side is this serious duty imposed on Nsukka to raise the bar of excellence set by the sterling performance of the current administration. This is an onerous duty that Nsukka people must discharge.
What is the position of Adada Media Forum on the current happenings in Enugu State?
Adada Media Forum is a collective of media professionals of common Enugu extraction with a commitment and drive to cross fertilize experience and exposure in order to meaningfully contribute to the social, political and economic advancement of “Enugu anyi” and her people especially, the generations closely following us.
Therefore, as a stakeholder, the Adada Media Forum has taken a well considered position in the unfolding events in Enugu. It is only natural that the weight of the forum’s full support will be behind the governor’s breath-taking transformational strides in infrastructural developments and provision of amenities. The Forum also calls on all well meaning Enugu indigenes to massively support, with votes and voice, the governor’s transparent bid to enthrone equity and fairness through the constitutionally entrenched principles of rotation and zoning entrenched in the PDP constitution, entrenched in the Nigeria constitution.
The inner maturity, transparency and integrity which Chime has brought to governance in Enugu eminently presents the state as the next destination for any meaningful field study of the modern benefits of ideal philosophic statesmanship.
As a body, Adada Media Forum joins all other well meaning stakeholders in Enugu to send out loving prayerful thoughts for this phenomenal governor, and pray that the right of divine grace may bring him creative solutions to all emerging situations and produce benevolent outcomes for him and the state.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/chime-asset-enugu/#sthash.3zmUfpLX.dpuf

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/chime-asset-enugu/

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 5:10pm On Dec 21, 2014
spyder880:

The only way this road can help to Abakpa is that there will not be any hold up at the usual junction where PH express road joined the Abakaliki express road. Apart from that, the new road is only to cut into the Abakaliki express smoothly.

Thank you Oga Spyder.
I guess it's either go via the exit into independence L/O before one reaches the naira triangle, and then drive to otigba junction and then connect Abakaliki road via 82 div to reach Abakpa junction,
or another way of doing it is to make a right turn at naira triangle, and drive towards the direction of Abakaliki, then get on the airport flyover and get to the other lane.

Ok Thanks.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:32pm On Dec 21, 2014
ChimaAdeoye:

Thank you Oga Spyder.
I guess it's either go via the exit into independence L/O before one reaches the naira triangle, and then drive to otigba junction and then connect Abakaliki road via 82 div to reach Abakpa junction,
or another way of doing it is to make a right turn at naira triangle, and drive towards the direction of Abakaliki, then get on the airport flyover and get to the other lane.

Ok Thanks.

But the normal way of going to Abakpa from the Naira triangle junction straight from PH express still exists. Only that this new road eases traffic off the naira triangle, making you to hit the Abakaliki express road from PH express on top speed, no hold ups there again.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:48pm On Dec 21, 2014
Who was telling us about some works going on in Hotel presidential?

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 7:21pm On Dec 21, 2014
spyder880:

The Hotel Presidential , Enugu has a similar design, exactly the same 4 floors, similar number of rooms and similar physical structure as the Hotel des mille collines in Kigali.

Like Hotel Presidential , Enugu, the Hotel des mille collines was also damaged during the Rwandan civil war. However, after the Rwandan civil war, there was privatization and transfer of ownership of the Hotel des mille collines to a competent hotel group to manage. And the government only played a support role to assist the new private owners to succeed by providing quality access roads and restoring the power lines. The Hotel des mille collines has since re bounced to its former glory.

With the new status of Enugu as a key business city in Africa with direct international flights, 4-5 stars hotels in Enugu urban will soon become a billion dollars business.

Can someone advise the state government to organize an auction by inviting international hotel groups to submit their bid. What ever amount is derived from it's sale is better than sinking millions into renovating it, just to sell it for about the same amount at the end of the day.When it finally dawns on us that the government cannot manage hotel businesses.

If this hotel Presidential can be transferred to the right hotel group such as Meridien, Hilton,Protea, courtyard or other good hotel managers, we will be amazed what goldmine this hotel truly is. Just as Modotel Owerri was transformed into an amazing icon by the Rockview group.
Talk-less of the fact that a rejuvenated Presidential hotel in the heart of Enugu will massively spur tourism into the state.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 7:27pm On Dec 21, 2014
Comparing the first two pictures of Hotel Presidential below to the last two pictures of Hotel des mille collines, You can easily see from the pictures that to upgrade Presidential hotel to look like Hotel des mille collines will not be hard for those in the hotel business who know what is needed.

Perhaps, the only slightly difficult step will be the physical renovation and re-painting of the edifice. Especially to change the old design iron-bar balcony railings into a glass railings as they did with Hotel des mille collines in the picture to give it a modern 21st century look.Actually, the best approach would be to install new rug in the entire hotel and discard most of the antique furniture after the re-painting is completed.

The State government simply isn't into hotel business and just cannot do this. It is better to sell this iconic hotel to an international hotel group to do the magic transformation required or for government to complete the renovation and hold only 40% share in order to allow hotel management experts to manage the new hotel as a business to prevent it's rundown again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 8:45pm On Dec 21, 2014
Oga Spyder,
Is this type of building design architecture popular in Enugu?

I kinda like it.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by obum042: 10:08pm On Dec 21, 2014
spyder880:

Spyder ,you need to enter inside through the back gate.enter through the gate beside their filling station.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:57pm On Dec 21, 2014
obum042:

Spyder ,you need to enter inside through the back gate.enter through the gate beside their filling station.

You know how I do my own things, I always look well before I say things. I circled this hotel, passed that back gate near the filling station on Rangers avenue and there was no sign of life there, the gate was slightly ajar, but no signs of any little activity to show me that anyone has ever passed through the gate in days. If they are working, there should be trucks, men moving around and maybe some materials visible.

I will try and enter inside next time, after all I am a part owner of the property, this is my state. grin

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:10pm On Dec 21, 2014
I really drove round the block....

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:16pm On Dec 21, 2014
ChimaAdeoye:
Oga Spyder,
Is this type of building design architecture popular in Enugu?

I kinda like it.

Enugu is a very huge city, although this style is not so popular in the city, we have a lot of adaptations and even some buildings that may look more sophisticated than this building. Most of the housing estates in Enugu has a good number of unique architecture inside them. Are you planning to 'import' and plant this building in Enugu soon? grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.