Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,565 members, 7,823,485 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (412) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1786634 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) ... (698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 5:50am On Aug 19, 2015
chinology:
CJ, am in Awka now. Please email me here so I can send you my number for a meeting. You must be made to face the full weight of the law. chino.dyke@yahoo.com

Chino, I passed Awka, obiano is indeed a magician. I love it!
But will not be able to stop since someone is courteously driving me around. I will be back in Enugu on Friday evening to fly out on Saturday. We can jam so that I may preach to you for 30 minutes to drop your anti imo tirade. grin

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:22am On Aug 19, 2015
cjrane:

Chino, I passed Awka, obiano is indeed a magician. I love it!
But will not be able to stop since someone is courteously driving me around. I will be back in Enugu on Friday evening to fly out on Saturday. We can jam so that I may preach to you for 30 minutes to drop your anti imo tirade. grin

Maybe we can bring Chino to Enugu and share a bottle of Hennessy with him at Shoprite, maybe he can see reasons with us and drop the Imo beef. We are a family cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 10:50am On Aug 19, 2015
Please who is responsible for clearing the grass in the median and beside the sidewalks.

They have become rather unsightly.

Seems this new governor is too slow and is not really bothered about the environment.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:20pm On Aug 19, 2015
eaglechild:
Please who is responsible for clearing the grass in the median and beside the sidewalks.

They have become rather unsightly.

Seems this new governor is too slow and is not really bothered about the environment.

Ugwuanyi is still charging his battery. He will be up and running soon cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 5:09pm On Aug 19, 2015
spyder880:

Maybe we can bring Chino to Enugu and share a bottle of Hennessy with him at Shoprite, maybe he can see reasons with us and drop the Imo beef. We are a family cheesy

Even on phone I have begged him to ditch it but he is yet to do the so

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 11:24pm On Aug 19, 2015
[quote author=centje post=37029673]Update on Enugu Building material Market...

[img]http: ...beautiful one! I love the way the government is trying to segment the markets in the state, example in NSK where we hv d main market (Ogige), modern market, building material market, 'Ikpa' market, et al. But the planner of that building material market (in Enugu) would have made the roof a concrete one to serve as buffer in case of an inferno... The building material market in NSK is well built and larger (with decking roof in case of future expansion) compare to this one in Enugu. The one at NSK is located at the industrial area at new site; an industrial melting pot of the town with industries, modern shopping plazas... the largest of the industries being Solive veg. oil (when I passed its site today I couldn't even count d number of articulated vehicles 'trailers' from d north waiting to load their vehicles with manufacture goods)... The major road (Urban girls road) through that industrial layout is in deplorable and sorry state which needs urgent rehabilitation (if possible dualization)... I would hv taken pictures if not for d poor condition of my phone. The town is growing but the social welfare for the people is degenerating and deteriorating as each day passes, hope Gburugburu is taking note? Once more, I respect the segmentation and redistribution of our markets!

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:36am On Aug 20, 2015
[quote author=christejames post=37136372][/quote]

I prefer to see more industrial Enugu to commercial Enugu, I wounldnt like much markets in Enugu but service industries and firm.

Contemporary ways of doing businesses like shopping malls and super market should be the inthing in Enugu.

Pls any news from ANNAMCO, AVORP, Niger Steel, International Conference Center

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by RepEnugu(m): 7:01pm On Aug 20, 2015
BuddahMonk:

I prefer to see more industrial Enugu to commercial Enugu, I wounldnt like much markets in Enugu but service industries and firm.

Contemporary ways of doing businesses like shopping malls and super market should be the inthing in Enugu.

thanks for this comment...

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 10:25am On Aug 21, 2015
BuddahMonk:

^^^Exactly! The heavy commercial stuff should be left for Onitsha and Aba!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 10:42am On Aug 21, 2015
BuddahMonk:

We need commerce in Enugu and not markets. New York is a commercial city and we need a bit t of that in Enugu. We want banks, insurance companies, IT firms and to flock to Enugu and probably have their headquarters there. We often mistake commerce to mean the typical Nigerian market.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 10:47am On Aug 21, 2015
I've heard a lot of my mind f and r a while now and u think its high time I threw it here for us to deliberate on. I have always been of the opinion that the east is not living to its full potential. We have the human and natural resources to change our destiny forever but I just can't understand what's holding us back. We are not moving as fast as we should. A lot of it has to do with leadership and awareness. We have some of the worst governors and administrators in Nigeria and our people, especially those outside the SE are indifferent to what is going on in the east. We need to change this. I miss the Eze Ndigbo Nairaland days. I think we need to go back to those days but this time, lets come together to mao out a blueprint for Igboland. This blueprint will cover ever facet of human endeavour. From Real estate to business to givernmeny. You name it. We need the contribution of people like spyder88 in real estate and so on. I nominate pointb to moderate the deliberation if he has the time. We need to be the change that we want. I'm tired of going all over the internet seeing Igbo discuss irrelevant issues in instead of focusing on more ccogent issues.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by GEJman: 11:21am On Aug 21, 2015
Afam4eva:
I've heard a lot of my mind f and r a while now and u think its high time I threw it here for us to deliberate on. I have always been of the opinion that the east is not living to its full potential. We have the human and natural resources to change our destiny forever but I just can't understand what's holding us back. We are not moving as fast as we should. A lot of it has to do with leadership and awareness. We have some of the worst governors and administrators in Nigeria and our people, especially those outside the SE are indifferent to what is going on in the east. We need to change this. I miss the Eze Ndigbo Nairaland days. I think we need to go back to those days but this time, lets come together to mao out a blueprint for Igboland. This blueprint will cover ever facet of human endeavour. From Real estate to business to givernmeny. You name it. We need the contribution of people like spyder88 in real estate and so on. I nominate pointb to moderate the deliberation if he has the time. We need to be the change that we want. I'm tired of going all over the internet seeing Igbo discuss irrelevant issues in instead of focusing on more ccogent issues.

agree with you totally

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PointB: 11:33am On Aug 21, 2015
Afam4eva:

Afam,

Thanks for the nomination.

The Eze Ndi Igbo days was good while it lasted, and we reached several milestones. I'm still at loss how the Council ceased to function. I have my theories, but I'll rather keep those to myself for now.

As for being available or not, it depends on a lot of variables. But I will be available on pm to those whom I follow and who follow me back.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 21, 2015
Afam4eva:

Afam your very far from the truth.

Apart from Lagos and those areas closer to her in Ogun, no area in Nigeria is seeing the type of development Anambra State is witnessing now, when I mean development its not government aided development but individuals and companies.

The last I was in Enugu was 2010 but base on what am hearing from friends and what Spyder and co are showing us here, Enugu can boast of one of the fastest developing new layouts in Nigeria.

The reason why you think East is not developing is because internet penetration in East is low so online presence and activities of things going in East remain mostly ignored.
Maybe your seeing Aba or Abia in the perspective of TA Orji running down the State but Aba is more than that, Aba is growing but bad governance overshadow the success.

Visit Asaba and Awka you will marvel at the rate hotels, fast foods restraunts, banks, super markets are springing up there.

One thing I noticed is that the Boko Haram insurgency and Biafra Radio are helping Eastern economy in great ways and in negative ways.

In Boko Haram, in Ihiala there are many Igbo returnees from North here doing business, my dad left almost 15 rooms at Okija nobody is occupying, in June we got a family that came back from North looking for house to rent.

My village to Onitsha with small bus is N150 but with Anambra BRT is N50 or N70, now we have tenants in my villages going to Onitsha for business. Even Hermankopp have a yard in my town employing workers, imagine seeing a staff bus of a construction company in your village dropping and picking white collar workers.
If East is not developing why is DiamondBank and Fidelity open branches in my village, visit there are see trucks loads of building materials offloading, electronics shops, suya sellers, et al.

Many Igbos have left North in droves to East which I can close my eyes and tell you many that moved in different months.

How Boko Haram is affecting Eastern economy negatively is that I was discussing with my uncle a spare parts dealer at Mgbuka Mkt Obosi, he told me that sales is poor because few Northerners come, my friend at Nnewi once told me similar thing, those in electromart Onitsha are also lamenting of few traders from Onitsha, even some Igbos that used to trade in North left to East so the business ties cut.

Radio Biafra is instilling fear in people as if Nigeria can break today or tommorrow, if you come to Awka or Asaba you will see houses built by Lagos and Abuja based bigmen maka adi amama.

What we need is stop thinking that without lagos we can't make it, North owns NECO and keep the headquarters in Minna, many companies own by Northerners have their offices in North, but I don't know why we think without Lagos we are doomed.

Microsoft is not in New York, Coke is not in NY, CNN is not in NY, Apple are co didn't rush to big cities.

Most of the companies in Germany is based in their cities of founding except in Igboland that everything is moved to Lagos.

Zinox moved from Lagos to Abuja but no office in Owerri or Enugu.

Yes business is for profit maximizing but one need to be strategic, learn from others because we have suffered similar evil before.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Igbonazy: 12:01pm On Aug 21, 2015
To those who keep shouting that other nigerian governors are better than Igbo governors

"I would recommend a principle I use in raising my kids. I praise them publicly and scold them privately ensuring that they grow up having a sense of personal value even as they adjust their behavior."
Reno

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 21, 2015
@ChristeJames, I visited that Nsukka Building Material Market last year while in search of a truck to help convey some goods down to my hometown -- Enugwu Ezike. To my surprise I discovered a market that is larger, far more commodious, and of better design than the International Building Material Market in DeiDei Abuja which my kins have been part of from inception, and which I and the promoters have -- out of our ignorance, advertised as the country's largest. The people responsible deserve my pat on their backs but owing to the restrictions of the internet I can only pen them a bold dark-inked DAARU.
Also, you lads down there should initiate a campaign against the brazen assault on the natural 'selling points' of Nsukka. Folks should be made to understand that Nsukka is cool because it's green and so Nsukka must remain green if it's to remain cool. Those newly-erected blocks of flats and posh hotels may provide a 'moment of wow' before a discerning visitor, but such can't endure like the marvel that flows from the green rolling hills which they barefacedly trample upon.
Thanks, but more thanks to Spyder, Passion007, BuddahMonk, Unemadu, Basilio and others whom I have silently crushed on their contributions to this thread all these years.
Deeje nu
Maje nu

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 2:36pm On Aug 21, 2015
Nwaonyeke042:
@ChristeJames, I visited that Nsukka Building Material Market last year while in search of a truck to help convey some goods down to my hometown -- Enugwu Ezike. To my surprise I discovered a market that is larger, far more commodious, and of better design than the International Building Material Market in DeiDei Abuja which my kins have been part of from inception, and which I and the promoters have -- out of our ignorance, advertised as the country's largest. The people responsible deserve my pat on their backs but owing to the restrictions of the internet I can only pen them a bold dark-inked DAARU.
Also, you lads down there should initiate a campaign against the brazen assault on the natural 'selling points' of Nsukka. Folks should be made to understand that Nsukka is cool because it's green and so Nsukka must remain green if it's to remain cool. Those newly-erected blocks of flats and posh hotels may provide a 'moment of wow' before a discerning visitor, but such can't endure like the marvel that flows from the green rolling hills which they barefacedly trample upon.
Thanks, but more thanks to Spyder, Passion007, BuddahMonk, Unemadu, Basilio and others whom I have silently crushed on their contributions to this thread all these years.
Deeje nu
Maje nu
the later parts of what you have typed boils down to environmental management...a lot of Nigerian see urban jungle as development

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 3:19pm On Aug 21, 2015
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 21, 2015
asha80:
the later parts of what you have typed boils down to environmental management...a lot of Nigerian see urban jungle as development

This is unfortunately the truth. Also, arguing against the haphazard erect1on of those billboards that advertise the fake faces of the 'Yes-We-Can' and the Gone-Too-Soon' can earn one the appellation of a village mugu where I come from.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 3:46pm On Aug 21, 2015
Nwaonyeke042:

This is unfortunately the truth. Also, arguing against the haphazard distribution of those billboards that advertise the fake faces of the 'Yes-We-Can' and the Gone-Too-Soon' can earn one the appellation of a village mugu where I come from.
I think it is just ignorance
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:23am On Aug 22, 2015
This is the stage of housing development at the back of Loma Linda estates, Enugu.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:25am On Aug 22, 2015
All these pictures were taken yesterday afternoon, I was very surprised at their pace,

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:28am On Aug 22, 2015
Lands here sell for an average of N7m, depending on whom you meet. ..........

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:30am On Aug 22, 2015
All these lands are part of Amechi Awkunanaw, and these are private residential and commercial renting constructions done by individual investors. I did not find any estate companies here.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:33am On Aug 22, 2015
I plan to spend the whole of today at Awka, time to explore opportunities over there, Owerri, Port Harcourt, Asaba, Umuahia and Abakaliki also on my mind.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:48am On Aug 22, 2015
But First, Okpara square things on my mind...... man must run up some sweat cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by investnow2013: 8:45am On Aug 22, 2015
Kinsmen honour Ugwuanyi

•Ugwuanyi with his kinsmen
ENUGU STATE Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi has reaffirmed his administration’s determination to give a new lease of life to the people of the state through economic rejuvenation plans that will also enhance the state’s revenue base.

The governor who was given a resounding civic reception by his kinsmen at Orba, Udenu council area of the state, spoke to a capacity crowd at the Boys Secondary School in the town, venue of the event and told the people that his administration would carry out its plans to modernise Nsukka urban town to the standard of a university elsewhere in the country.

He recalled that he had already inaugurated a committee to actualise his desire to drive the state economy, adding that his administration would also ensure the electrification of Adada River Dam currently being constructed by the Federal Government for irrigation to enhance agricultural activities in the area to create employment.

Governor Ugwuanyi at the event put together by the Orba-Udu General Assembly, noted that the foundation for the construction of Orba General Hospital in the community has been laid which he said would bring health care delivery nearer to the people.

He noted that his administration is facing challenges occasioned by lean resources, calling on all to join hands with government to surmount the challenges for the set goals to be achieved.

He also announced that a modern market would be built in Nsukka where people from all walks of life will converge for business transactions in a such a manner that traders and other business operators who pass through the state on business trips to Onitsha in Anambra state would be made to do the same kind of business in the coming market.

In an address presented by Orba-Udu General Assembly, Chief Charles Mbah, the people described the governor as an astute and sagacious leader, adding that since he took the mantle of leadership of the state that he is carrying everybody along.

The people assured Governor Ugwuanyi of their firm, unflinching and total support of your administration.

In their words, “we are totally committed to and wish to be part of the success story of his administration.”

They added that they would at all time ready to take any challenge or responsibility that would enhance the smooth-sailing of his administration.

They noted that the governor knew the problems of the area, adding that it would be needless to enumerate them for him.

The event was preceded by a church service at the field in which in a sermon an indigenous priest, Very Rev. Father Martins Ozioko noted that foolishness of Adam and Eve pushed them to sin against God which the punishment is shared by the world.

Rev. Fr. Ozioko called on Christians to always embrace wisdom that would encourage them reject wickedness and enthrone intelligence to follow the ways of the Lord.

According to the clergy, Governor Ugwuanyi became governor through hard work and intervention of God. The priest applauded the governor for his acceptability by all, urging him to endeavour to deliver on their mandate.

The highlight of the event was the presentation of gifts by people of the area in their numbers and display of different cultural dances where the people showcased their rich cultural heritages.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 9:37am On Aug 22, 2015
spyder880:
All these lands are part of Amechi Awkunanaw, and these are private residential and commercial renting constructions done by individual investors. I did not find any estate companies here.
O boy, see person village. Amaechi-Awkunanaw for life.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 9:53am On Aug 22, 2015
PointB:

Afam,

Thanks for the nomination.

The Eze Ndi Igbo days was good while it lasted, and we reached several milestones. I'm still at loss how the Council ceased to function. I have my theories, but I'll rather keep those to myself for now.

As for being available or not, it depends on a lot of variables. But I will be available on pm to those whom I follow and who follow me back.
You're welcome

I'm aware of those milestones reached but i just feel more could be done.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 11:26pm On Aug 22, 2015
Nwaonyeke042:
Deeje nu
Maje nu
...i'm happy you just corroborated my claims. That market in NSK is just on another level, that area is really living up to its name as an industrial area (always busy)... On the issue of deforestation or leaving the surface of our land bare, I can say that NSK is going against the grain of normal Nigerian lifestyle of not having value for d vegetation nay environment. Its in NSK that you would find large economic trees growing abut residential/commercial areas, this is where u find economic trees like palm tree (I can't remember d English/botanical names of others) et al being used as ornamental trees, this is where u will see the surface of escarpment (hills) covered with green grass to the admiration of all... Even though there might be seasonal bush burning (mainly during dry season), the people or inhabitants have imbibed this sense of environment protection (its seems innate in them)... Although more sensitization needs to be done. Deje nwannem!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HappyJoe: 11:48pm On Aug 22, 2015
christejames:
...i'm happy you just corroborated my claims. That market in NSK is just on another level, that area is really living up to its name as an industrial area (always busy)... On the issue of deforestation or leaving the surface of our land bare, I can say that NSK is going against the grain of normal Nigerian lifestyle of not having value for d vegetation nay environment. Its in NSK that you would find large economic trees growing abut residential/commercial areas, this is where u find economic trees like palm tree (I can't remember d English/botanical names of others) et al being used as ornamental trees, this is where u will see the surface of escarpment (hills) covered with green grass to the admiration of all... Even though there might be seasonal bush burning (mainly during dry season), the people or inhabitants have imbibed this sense of environment protection (its seems innate in them)... Although more sensitization needs to be done. Deje nwannem!!

It comes from living close to a university.

UNN lecturers are in the habit of growing ornamental trees & plants in their compounds, I guess it rubbed off on other inhabitants.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) ... (698) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.