Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,202 members, 7,953,744 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:42 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (413) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1842235 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) ... (714) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:13am On Aug 23, 2015
You would not believe that this is a part of Nigeria. This is a village in the center of nowhere, but the roads here are so clean, so paved that you would think you are in the US. All the gutters here have drains, both sides of the road. There are gutter crossings, even where there are no compounds, ha! The culverts are neatly done, the roads have never seen any potholes, this is serenity redefined, but where is this village?

This is Udi, Enugu state of Nigeria.

Story culled from http://amazingviewpoints..com/

More pictures from the blog

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 10:03am On Aug 23, 2015
HappyJoe:

It comes from living close to a university.

UNN lecturers are in the habit of growing ornamental trees & plants in their compounds, I guess it rubbed off on other inhabitants.
that should be the major reason I think...
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kcinho(m): 4:17pm On Aug 23, 2015
spyder880:
You would not believe that this is a part of Nigeria. This is a village in the center of nowhere, but the roads here are so clean, so paved that you would think you are in the US. All the gutters here have drains, both sides of the road. There are gutter crossings, even where there are no compounds, ha! The culverts are neatly done, the roads have never seen any potholes, this is serenity redefined, but where is this village?

This is Udi, Enugu state of Nigeria.

Story culled from http://amazingviewpoints..com/

More pictures from the blog
Udi LGA has very wonderful roads. That leading to Udi town from ninth-mile is same standard with those found in highbrow areas in Enugu town.... well marked. I think Ezeagu too. They have better roads than what's obtainable in Abakpa, trans-ekulu and Emene.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 12:12pm On Aug 25, 2015
spyder880:
All these lands are part of Amechi Awkunanaw, and these are private residential and commercial renting constructions done by individual investors. I did not find any estate companies here.
Oga spyder,
Sorry we couldn't meet last weekend. I'm in China now, but i have close to 300 random pictures of Enugu and videos of take off at the airport.
You know your guy finds it hard to upload these things. So i might need to send you some of them to help with uploading if all my efforts fail. grin
Thanks men.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 10:09pm On Aug 25, 2015
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 10:12pm On Aug 25, 2015
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 10:18pm On Aug 25, 2015
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 10:23pm On Aug 25, 2015
Landing at AIIA Enugu...you can see glimpses of the new terminal towards the end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxgkZfTWn-4
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 10:27pm On Aug 25, 2015

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 10:33pm On Aug 25, 2015
Looks ok.....but i'd like ESWAMA to tend to the vegetation a bit better so it doesn't look scruffy, and also sweep the streets a bit more often....and i don't mean just those in the highbrow areas!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 10:35pm On Aug 25, 2015
cjrane:

Oga spyder,
Sorry we couldn't meet last weekend. I'm in China now, but i have close to 300 random pictures of Enugu and videos of take off at the airport.
You know your guy finds it hard to upload these things. So i might need to send you some of them to help with uploading if all my efforts fail. grin
Thanks men.

^^^Cjrane, are you Zwitterion that i just posted his clips from Youtube?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 10:42pm On Aug 25, 2015
IGBOSON1:
More of the city:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfqT2vHzY7A
Those are my videos buddy!
Spyder would recognize that profile on his amazing views blog. grin
Just uploaded them today. Will load more pics soon as I can resize them.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 10:50pm On Aug 25, 2015
cjrane:

Those are my videos buddy!
Spyder would recognize that profile on his amazing views blog. grin
Just uploaded them today. Will load more pics soon as I can resize them.

^^^Ok....thank for the effort bros!

If you have some of Uwani and old GRA that would be nice!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 11:35pm On Aug 25, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Ok....thank for the effort bros!

If you have some of Uwani and old GRA that would be nice!

i don't have much uwani. But i have a lot of GRA.
Enjoy some i took at Independence L/O.
Enugu buzikwa Obodo oyibo!

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 11:38pm On Aug 25, 2015
GRA areas

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 11:40pm On Aug 25, 2015
More

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 11:44pm On Aug 25, 2015
nnaaa mehn,
Boyz jikwa Nku ! In Phyno's voice grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 11:46pm On Aug 25, 2015
Cheers Cjrane!

The municipal authorities need to do those zebra-crossing again! You just don't paint them anywhere you fancy!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 11:47pm On Aug 25, 2015
I love the third pic in the last set above!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 11:47pm On Aug 25, 2015
[size=18pt]Say it loud!
Sullivan Did great in Enugu!
[/size]

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 11:53pm On Aug 25, 2015
IGBOSON1:
Cheers Cjrane!

The municipal authorities need to do those zebra-crossing again! You just don't paint them anywhere you fancy!

Exactly.
Finishing is always an issue.
But Enugu is far ahead of many others in Nigeria. I also have great shots of Awka, Onitsha, Nnewi, Asaba and Ozubulu.
I decided to cover Lagos where i reside too. But will find the proper forum to offload the Lagos pictures.

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oilykid(m): 12:16am On Aug 26, 2015
cjrane:
[size=18pt]Say it loud!
Sullivan Did great in Enugu!
[/size]
the finishing of these roads is very poor!! We spent millions to construct roads but we can not just spend just thousands to give the roads a nice finishing..most roads here have open drainages and no road markings except those in the high brow areas..chime tried his best, I think that the minister that awarded the contracts should be blamed for this cause am sure that most of this things like the closed drainage system, side walks with road markings was covered in the budget but due to corruption, half of it was embezzled.. I pray that we will get it right some day.Another thing is also poor Maintenance, if those those roads are not always kept clean especially packing those sands that litters besides it, most of them will wear off easily.They won't last before this present administration completes his first tenure..

Thanks for the pictures..

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 4:04am On Aug 26, 2015
More 042...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by soloqy: 10:43am On Aug 26, 2015
cjrane:
nnaaa mehn,
Boyz jikwa Nku ! In Phyno's voice grin

Please, which area is this?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 12:18pm On Aug 26, 2015
soloqy:

Please, which area is this?
Zoo estate. Everyone places marble on their fence.

[size=14pt]Sir Emeka Offor kinda things you know [/size]grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 12:22pm On Aug 26, 2015
cjrane:

Zoo estate
waiting for the airport pic
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 12:36pm On Aug 26, 2015
asha80:
waiting for the airport pic

I took very few pics at the airport because Police and customs were everywhere looking for the slightest opportunity to extort money from anyone.
However, the old terminal needs a lot of help. I hope the new terminal is completed soon. The airport is picking up pace with passengers. i saw so many Oyibos arriving from South Africa, USA , France and many people from other African countries. Many people had foreign passports. Many airport staff were from all tribes in Nigeria. hausa,Igbo,Yoruba,Efik,Igala,Ijaw etc.
I made a video of the landing. Will upload more pics as i get them re-sized.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxgkZfTWn-4

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee(m): 8:18pm On Aug 26, 2015
G

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:41pm On Aug 26, 2015
Bros cjrane, I missed the opportunity of meeting you live in Enugu last week, thank God for your safe arrival in Obodo Oyibo, I am very happy you travelled from Enugu. Nwanne, Chukwu ga agozi gi.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 11:38pm On Aug 26, 2015
Few more of Cjranes' pics:

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 12:49am On Aug 27, 2015
IGBOSON1:
Few more of Cjranes' pics:

bros, you dey dig internet welle welle !
How you take know say na me dey host South east Nigeria?

Nnaaa, you will soon unravel my identity o! I dey fear you now! grin

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 12:55am On Aug 27, 2015
spyder880:
Bros cjrane, I missed the opportunity of meeting you live in Enugu last week, thank God for your safe arrival in Obodo Oyibo, I am very happy you travelled from Enugu. Nwanne, Chukwu ga agozi gi.

oga M, Spyder,
me sef miss you so much!
I wanted so much to meet you when i made it back to Enugu, but my people no gree. They even volunteered to take me around town to get the pics i needed. What they didn't know was that i wanted to inquire about those plots you advertised. grin grin Chai, i couldn't tell them before dem go suddenly begin too many complicated stories needing huge sums of cash to settle. grin
So i quietly flew out of town without meeting you.
i will be back around christmas ka anyi kpaa many pressing issues.
Thanks again for picking my call.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) ... (714) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.