Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! (36395 Views)

I Caught My Sister's Husband In A Club With Another Ladyy / Pleas Help!!! My Sister Husband Is Asking Me Out / Brothers, Will You Allow Your ONLY Sister Marry A Staunch Muslim Or Vice Versa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by Nobody: 6:47am On Oct 08, 2013
[quote
author=heavy g]It all started the first time I saw a fluffy toy with
my sister. Then I would see a love note here, a missed call there. I
would see book gifts that had words written on it, all from the same
guy. Later, when my sister was having a hard time at work, I used to
hear her talking on the phone and from the response, it was obvious the
guy was encouraging her. All these pointed to the fact that some
chivalrous gentleman was showing some interest in my darling sister.

My sister has not been so lucky in love. She dated a guy who was abusive
and really dealt with her, which is really painful as she's the most
loving girl any guy can have.

Later, I got to know this new guy from her Facebook. He seemed decent
enough. And then later I was utterly shocked to see him working as a
security man at a bank.

I feel so disappointed in my sis. Is that the best She can do? Can't she
get a decent man with a decent job? Must it be abusive man+ good job or
good man+security job? I understand that he is loving. But, there are
loving bankers out there, not the bank security guard.

Guys, I just want you to put yourself in my shoes. I can't even process
that she's actually thinking of marrying this guy.

n.b
I'm surprised at all the castigation. you people should walk in my shoe
to know How it pinches.[/quote]

If your sister cannot marry a bank security guard, who will? grin grin grin
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by fabulurs: 6:53am On Oct 08, 2013
Rich and Poor, Fortune and Misfotune, Fool and Wise, Happiness and Sadness... One thing happens to them all... Time and Chance. For one to be educated ‎​ℓ̊s just by chance and opportunity... Never you look down on a man for his predicament... it might be you today and it might be him tomorrow... We just have to thank Goodness for whatever situation we found our selves... If u are well educated, with a good job and good pay, and u're not loved by people around you... Man you would feel rejected, dejected and confused... ur self esteem would be nothing without being love... Finally, to Love and Being Loved ‎​ℓ̊s worth more than a college deg®ee.
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by olowodaran(m): 6:53am On Oct 08, 2013
na this kin|} post insult 4 gu|}. Ur sista shoul|} marry |}angot£ son na. Mtch£www. What hop£ |}o u hav£? Hw sur£ u wont gt a job worst than th£ s£curity man, or th£m t£ll u say s£curity no gt woman abi na goat |}y marry th£m. Ar£ u £v£n to choos£ 4 ur sista? W£tin conc£rn u? Go & b£ rich an|} marry |}angot£ |>aught£r
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by Nimen(m): 6:59am On Oct 08, 2013
Just trust him in making your sister secure, if he's talented in any other way you could change him
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by Shaw007(m): 7:00am On Oct 08, 2013
Dude!! . . Ur frigging shallow minded!!!!
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by Ngokafor(f): 7:07am On Oct 08, 2013
COOLDUN:

You started your comment intelligently but ended it so foolishly, is there anything bad in a woman being happily married with a poor man than living miserably with a rich man? if someone's father is poor there is no blame but when the husband is poor there would be blame right? you got it all wrong because from your reasoning her mother would have been blamed for her father's poverty. Nonsense.

So, you don't believe that the only thing that remains permanent in this life is change? or you have not come across the word before? if you are a woman you don't deserve to be seen with someone's wife/daughter at all because you are venomous in your reasoning. So you haven't heard of the Masters Degree and PHD degree holders that are driving lorries for Dangote in Nigeria today?

I now agree with one intelligent guy that commented in one of the numerous posts about women and marriage on this nairaland forum today, this guy said that majority of the single and frustrated ladies in Nigeria is because of their pride and arrogance, over selective and stupidity . This young lady is getting what she couldn't get from a well to do man before, from this security guy now. and her dummy and gold digger sister is not happy.All she want for her sister is to marry a billionaire that would turn all her family to be customary court judges to her sister and her husband tomorrow, Shame to this OP honestly,

What a reasonable brother/sister to a lady like this should do, is to encourage the lady to be very careful in relationship by studying the genuity and seriousness of the guy's love to her, if it is true love then two of them should plan well for the man to further so that it can help both of them in future and not to discourage her because the young man is not Mike Adenuga and David Mark. If Senator Yerima seeks the hand of her sister in marriage i know that she would have gladly push her sister to marry him. Gold digger.

She is looking for a banker for her sister, but didn't tell us what the profession of her boyfriend/husband is, even if he is pilot it wont be a reason to spoil her sister's happiness with her own selfish and greediness. This is the reason why i don't sympathize with spinsters because majority of them foolishly/greedily lost their golden opportunities when they were at their marriage ages.

When you watch them on the TB Joshua's Emmanuel television Chanel during their stage managed deliverance they will tell you they had Spiritual Husbands who made them not get married. then you would her, I am her Husband, i come from the Bermuda triangle, i am from the deepest ocean, i am Lucifer she is my wife, i made her not to get married, i destroyed her life, I chased all her make suitors away, bla, bla, bla, while they were the ones that wickedly destroyed their lives.

Your last paragraph prompted all these words. They never presented you as someone who really know what true love is all about,

....gosh you sound insane!!..why pour out your frustrations on peeps you dont even know from Adam??..na wao!

Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by nduchucks: 7:09am On Oct 08, 2013
Here is my suggestion to young people. It is just as easy to fall in love with a God fearing, blessed, and rich person, as it is to fall in love with a pauper.Use your brains wisely. QED
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by mercurie(f): 7:12am On Oct 08, 2013
iLLiE: Pic? angry

Pic 4 what? Are u d security guy trying 2 find out if its ur case?
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by Ngokafor(f): 7:16am On Oct 08, 2013
...cyber world is really awesome!..too many pretentious peeps everywhere lol.. Marry a security man?..ehmm..*scratches head*..no comments!
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by kayClt(f): 7:19am On Oct 08, 2013
U see,me am looking for such a swit n caring care guy like dat security man oooo becos to me he sounds educated jst waiting for the rite job to come arund
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by shadelek(m): 7:22am On Oct 08, 2013
Love is myterious. Sometimes it is very hard to understand what needs to be understood. Anyway, it is better for her to get married to that security man and build a good family than getting married to a banker without peace of mind and besides nobody knows tomorrow, this same security man can be elevated to a well position tomorrow. Who knows maybe he took the job coz of the condition in the country. Let your sister be pls, God knows how He does His things
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by Itsalphaa(m): 7:23am On Oct 08, 2013
nawaoh....didn't she try abusive and decent job and e din work? u no even lucky sef sey d guy get job....

ya biish.
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by Adufaye(m): 7:25am On Oct 08, 2013
Na wa 4 nigerians ooh,so u must b graduate/educated b4 u will get married!

Dem get any course 4 uni wey b wedding/marriage ni??

Love is nt blind! Love sees all but doesn't mind
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by Sike(m): 7:26am On Oct 08, 2013
If she's happy let her be.
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by pbling: 7:26am On Oct 08, 2013
is d guy contrat sec or private diret 4rm d bank
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by desosa(m): 7:28am On Oct 08, 2013
grin Wot is wrong wit u? If mary mother of Jesus can marry a carpenter wtf u talking bout!!! grin
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by kayClt(f): 7:29am On Oct 08, 2013
COOLDUN:

You started your comment intelligently but ended it so foolishly, is there anything bad in a woman being happily married with a poor man than living miserably with a rich man? if someone's father is poor there is no blame but when the husband is poor there would be blame right? you got it all wrong because from your reasoning her mother would have been blamed for her father's poverty. Nonsense.

So, you don't believe that the only thing that remains permanent in this life is change? or you have not come across the word before? if you are a woman you don't deserve to be seen with someone's wife/daughter at all because you are venomous in your reasoning. So you haven't heard of the Masters Degree and PHD degree holders that are driving lorries for Dangote in Nigeria today?

I now agree with one intelligent guy that commented in one of the numerous posts about women and marriage on this nairaland forum today, this guy said that majority of the single and frustrated ladies in Nigeria is because of their pride and arrogance, over selective and stupidity . This young lady is getting what she couldn't get from a well to do man before, from this security guy now. and her dummy and gold digger sister is not happy.All she want for her sister is to marry a billionaire that would turn all her family to be customary court judges to her sister and her husband tomorrow, Shame to this OP honestly,

What a reasonable brother/sister to a lady like this should do, is to encourage the lady to be very careful in relationship by studying the genuity and seriousness of the guy's love to her, if it is true love then two of them should plan well for the man to further so that it can help both of them in future and not to discourage her because the young man is not Mike Adenuga and David Mark. If Senator Yerima seeks the hand of her sister in marriage i know that she would have gladly push her sister to marry him. Gold digger.

She is looking for a banker for her sister, but didn't tell us what the profession of her boyfriend/husband is, even if he is pilot it wont be a reason to spoil her sister's happiness with her own selfish and greediness. This is the reason why i don't sympathize with spinsters because majority of them foolishly/greedily lost their golden opportunities when they were at their marriage ages.

When you watch them on the TB Joshua's Emmanuel television Chanel during their stage managed deliverance they will tell you they had Spiritual Husbands who made them not get married. then you would her, I am her Husband, i come from the Bermuda triangle, i am from the deepest ocean, i am Lucifer she is my wife, i made her not to get married, i destroyed her life, I chased all her make suitors away, bla, bla, bla, while they were the ones that wickedly destroyed their lives.

Your last paragraph prompted all these words. They never presented you as someone who really know what true love is all about,
hian shocked y r u taking d issue personnal,both parties u r not related too,u r sounding as if such tin has happend to u b4,abeg stop insulting d op biko.
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by High247(m): 7:31am On Oct 08, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: This is the silliest joke I've heard all month! OP, is this a joke or are you for real? No wonder the smileys beside your topic.

Imagine the trash you're typing! How old are you again? (Make I know, so I fit stoop a little low to your thinking capacity before responding further)
....u just got the word from my mouth....for his info...zenith bank for instance pays 57k for security job while the contract staff u see @ the tellerpoint are paid 60k.....now 80percent of these security are currently running part time programs while some hv already graduated....urs sincerely did that job,ran my part time programme,did some biz while on the job,now i'm into contract jobs,i quit the job last year...i roll in my nissan frontier pick up and living large....evrythn in life starts with the functional ability of ur mind...if d mind is sound,every level is temporary!

Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by elrony(m): 7:32am On Oct 08, 2013
Can't stop laughing ..@Op I know how u feel but don't let such feelings blind your deep sense of reasoning..! wink

If I tell u my sister's story (he was a mechanic way back then but levels don change)...you 'll start fasting & prayer for the security guy to marry ur sister ASAP cheesy

Just remember that hardwork pays..and no condition is permanent !!!

*i bet you,there's definitely something she sees in him...don't write him off just yet!!*
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by buskie13(m): 7:33am On Oct 08, 2013
Gudintent: So from the Facebook picture there was no signboard on his head stating he was a security man at the bank? undecided

Right! true love is unconditional, a security man today could head his own security firm 2moro, don't rule out this love because you think the man has nothing to offer or he is beneath your sister.

He works and earn an honest salary. If as you say your sister has bn maltreated in a previous relationship rather than being negative about this r/ship why don't you just be happy she is happy.

Being with a Banker does not equate to happiness for her, right now she seems happy cept she tells you otherwise.

Let it be.

i agree with you,hope de guy listens,he needs some sense
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by elrony(m): 7:35am On Oct 08, 2013
High247: ....u just got the word from my mouth....for his info...zenith bank for instance pays 57k for security job while the contract staff u see @ the tellerpoint are paid 60k.....now 80percent of these security are currently running part time programs while some hv already graduated....urs sincerely did that job,ran my part time programme,did some biz while on the job,now i'm into contract jobs,i quit the job last year...i roll in my nissan frontier pick up and living large....evrythn in life starts with the functional ability of ur mind...if d mind is sound,every level is temporary!

You mean am??... shocked
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by chelseaguy: 7:37am On Oct 08, 2013
People descending on the op as if they wouldn't feel same about their sister marrying a SECURITY GUARD if the table were turned. I think the Op's fears for his sister are legitimate. Let us slow on the hypocrisy please.

BTW, I doubt the said guy is a top graduate as some as suggested here. Yes, Nigeria is hard but you hardly see good graduates taking to Security jobs.
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by kodylicky(f): 7:38am On Oct 08, 2013
Dear all,

Soo many of us, guys n gals alike are asking d op not to judge and blah blah blah. Makes me wonder how many of u will gladly take dat step as a lady. We shld understand d guy's fears. Let's not be soo self righteous or sound like d op's fears have no basis.

By d way, we are all automatically assuming dat d security dude is caring, loving n all that. I wonder how we take know.

@ op, u shld have a chat wit ur sis and try to see wat she sees in him, to ensure she is not doing dis out of desperation. Also make her understand that wat she is seeing now may not be wat she gets wen she enters into marriage. Believe me ppl change. Also if d dude is not educated, is she ready to handle d tantrums, complex and insecurity issues that may arise due to background n exposure difference. Abeg make she think am well.

NB: I'm not trying to run down d security dude just laying out the facts. Make una no cuss me out oo.

Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by kodylicky(f): 7:39am On Oct 08, 2013
@chelseaguy

Just saw ur response after I posted. Good to know someone shares my views.
I was almost beginning to think say na me badt pass. grin

Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by GODSBEAUTY(f): 7:41am On Oct 08, 2013
Op how old are u ?
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by Reference(m): 7:41am On Oct 08, 2013
Marraige is an institution so the individuals who operate it are secondary to the values the institution require. Thus it is not about what you bring to it but about whether you can attain its demands and there are several. Often we look at just one or two and conclude. I've never seen an educated man who can boast of having read only one or two subjects. There's more to marraige than this.
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by victorD3: 7:42am On Oct 08, 2013
write2obi:
I've read your comment like 20 times now, still can't understand
Hmmmm maybe am going dumb or maybe your just 2 LAME to write a readable sentence. #no offence

You said it yourself, you are dumb.
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by cute9ja: 7:44am On Oct 08, 2013
chokolatte:

is it Aregbesola?@op grow up no condition is permanent dont ever judge anyone by his present condition o

i remember a babe that was working in an organisation that owed salaries and the babe was ever broke....her boyfriend abused her emotionally saying she had nothing to offer and he had options of bigger girls in oil companies and banks and he eventually jilted her.

today that lady has a good job with a car the guy came back but level don change...so dont ever look down on anybody in life.

Positive!
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by Qmab: 7:44am On Oct 08, 2013
frm wat d op posted, d guy is a good guy whose only impediment is d nature of his job nd financial standing. In lieu of ds let me share ds wt u: my dad was averagely wealthy(he works as a transporter, mind u) wen my mom gt married to him. He was generous to her in d first few years of their marriage bt wen he brought in a 2nd wife, he changed nd life became tough and tougher for her. But instead of givin up d fight, she worked hard, changed business and was resilient. Nw she jst completed her second house and has old earnd bck my dad's respect. She's my role model. So, i believe a woman doesnt need aman to survive. Period!
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by Nobody: 7:44am On Oct 08, 2013
This story reminds me of my younger sister too. My kid sister met this dude who works as a security officer at UBA about 10 years ago. My family was totally against it. My sister never had badluck with men though but she decided to stick to this security guy. I as the first child of the family tried to convince her to look elsewhere and leave the security guy because he was underpaid and was living in a one room apartment.My pleas fell on deaf ears and I and my family had to give up. They continued dating until in 2012 when they got married. The surprising thing is the guy is a graduate and he is now a full time banker with Ecobank. He stopped being a security guy in 2008. cool

Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by k2039: 7:47am On Oct 08, 2013
danny301: Guy, your sense of reasoning and value system is terribly bad... What is wrong with someone working as a security man in a bank?.. Is he not receiving pay?... Do you prefer a rich criminal coming for your sister?....Dude, know that there is dignity in labour... If every graduate in Nigeria has a job that pays him or her the equivalent of what a security man in the bank receives , people would not be complaining of unemployment in this country as they complain today. Your sister has found happiness, and it doesn't matter whether, the man is working as a security man or as CEO, what matters is that he is responsible. Everybody must not start big in life. Its not a 'crime' to start small, what is a bad is remaining small... You need a shift in your paradigm, because its people like you that celebrate people with ill-gotten wealth and despise legitimate and honest low income earners , which is the major problem of Nigeria, because we succeeded in creating the impression that the low or middle-income earner is a nobody in the society, so everybody wants to be a high-come earner,either by hook or by crook and tomorrow will turn around and say Nigeria is bad.
Your head is too correct.
Re: How Can My Sister Marry A Security Man? Tufia! by lertee(f): 7:50am On Oct 08, 2013
gothrones: I find it interesting that so many men always complain about how picky and how unrealistic women's expectations of men are. You are doing exactly what so many men complain that women do to them. If you were in this guy's shoes, and the lady in question has your mentality, you would be here castigating all the women in the world.

I think I get it now. If we are ugly and broke, then women shouldn't judge us based on looks or wealth, but they should judge us based on our character. However, if any of our female relative is trying to get with a man who is broke or not so good looking, then they must be crazy.

Do unto as others as you would have them do unto you.
No one has said it better.
When a woman leaves a man due to his low financial status,he will call her many bad names but a man can advise his own sister to leave her poor boyfriend for a better guy,she is normal simply because she is his sister.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Old Nigerian Couple Kiss, Have Been Married For 45 Years / What Type Of Guys Do Women Like? (Character Wise) / Whats Your ZODIAC SIGN?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98