Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? (24607 Views)

Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. / 7 Types Of Atheists / What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by kambo(m): 2:18pm On Dec 20, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

Science is humble and doesn't claim to know the end from the beginning.

Religion on the other concludes a god did it without even thinking!

Science adjusts with new findings while religion sticks to its ignorant ways!

scientifc thinking is from imperfect man. And man adjusts as he dscovers the error in his ways.
God is perfect so he doesnt need to improve. The bible is a case in point,it never needs editing-except to update the language (you instead of thou etc)
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by GeneralShepherd(m): 2:21pm On Dec 20, 2013
kambo:

baby conclusions.
First, in a chaotic process you wudnt have enuff tranquility to support life,not to talk of significant tranquility to support buildg of cities , and continuations of generations. But you hav that on earth.
In a random process life wud flourish equally on other planets but thts not d case. There's only life on earth.
The so called disasters you mention happen with such infrequency tht theyre headline news showing tht these are anomalies and not features of chaotic process. If u say life is random and chaotic , why does the choas favor stability. Randomness shouldnt b partial or predictable.

There is life on earth because the factors on earth support life. Not the other way round! Religious mind!!!

The disasters that make the news are d ones that take a high human toll!these disasters occur regularly from tornados,to volcanic eruption,land slides,tremors and earthquake! Watch NatGeo often and reduce the time you waste on TBN! Read books!

Natural disasters are natural not anomalies!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by emmahoney(m): 2:22pm On Dec 20, 2013
This world is full of confusions!! Some belief there is God, others doesn't. Both of them have proofs. For instance, it is written that God created man in his own image and we belief that God is a perfect being, then why did Adam and Eve became imperfect? Are we saying that Dragon can tempt God? There are some many more things to disproof!!
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 20, 2013
GeneralShepherd: When you have a rational mind,nothing scares you.

If a cat mews at night? You call animal services,if you dey naija you lay otapiapia for the cat simple case solved!

If a plate crashes in your kitchen at night? You simply go clean it up and stack your dishes carefully next time!

If rats make awkward sounds at night in your home? You leave out your old auntie in the village and apply otapiapia as in number 1

If your Samsung galaxy soils,you take it to a qualified technician not claiming like many nairalanders than god is now a phone reairer!

Demons exist only in your head,same goes with god and the holyspirit

When you take out spirituality, you enjoy life and your loved ones,appreciating live knowing you could loose it all in a matter of seconds! No god needed

P:S; its funny how I still hear the still small voice in my head when I want to do wrong! Its either the Holyspirit lives in me an atheist or the human conscience is inherently a part of us. No god needed

well said.
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by plaetton: 2:24pm On Dec 20, 2013
Hero10001:
Go steal for Akinmorin, Oyo State. If Thunder nor go fire you.
Come lie untop Ogun, for Abeokuta, or come frack married woman for egba if Magun nor go kill you.
Agemo for Ijebu nor be play oo

*in Dagrin's voice*
God dey, Satan even dey, if you wan chop bread, na then you go know say oven dey..
So why is the efcc not using such traditional technology to nab and punish economic looters?
It is the very same religious nutjobs that tell you that it all demonic.
All public officials swear by the bible and koran, and yet they have all looted their own nation into a desolate landscape.
What gives?

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by GeneralShepherd(m): 2:27pm On Dec 20, 2013
kambo:

scientifc thinking is from imperfect man. And man adjusts as he dscovers the error in his ways.
God is perfect so he doesnt need to improve. The bible is a case in point,it never needs editing-except to update the language (you instead of thou etc)

Kambo,you are a lost case I swear!

Bible that is filled with stories of a jealous,vindictive and genocidal god is perfect? You would have been a perfect Boko haram foot soldier,I'm just glad you born were into christianity and not Islam

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by kambo(m): 2:35pm On Dec 20, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

Every time you
think of something you create a electrical signal in the
brain, this can be measured and hence evidence that you are thinking!

It can't measure you actually thought but it evidence for brain activities!

Any evidence for god yet,or do you plan on quoting the bible?

first,is d misplaced assumption of how reality is composed.
To your thinkg and science,life is based on made up of wat can b verified by the five senses.
The bible says there's more to it.
Tht there's a realm outside of the five senses.
This settles issues.
The bible says this realm,the spirit realm is a superset of the physcal realm.
And in this realm are spirits (good and evil).
God is a spirit. You,atheists are a spirit. Your body is a container holdg ur spirit and death is separation of your spirit and soul from your body.
You and science will search till Jesus comes for physcal proof of the spiritual but wont find.
But doctors are direct witnesses of changes tht have occured in people as a result of religious activity like prayer.
These testimonies are irrefutable proofs.
The medical profession has also had numerous near death tesimonies from patients who were on the brink of death or died briefly.
You'd hav to b deliberately biased (which you atheists all are) to deny these testimonies.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by edcode(f): 2:38pm On Dec 20, 2013
aManFromMars: God, demons and Satan love to breed in gullible minds.

You stop to believe in God and he moves out with his faithful servant Lucifer, JesUs,Gabriel and friends.

When bad things happen to us, we know the solution will not come by swimming miracle water or sowing seed faith offerings. When we go broke, we check our spending habits not blame it on some mythical devourers that are God's EFCC for tithe defrauders. When bad things happen to us, we understand that it is a cycle of life not punishment from some jobless omnipotent being.

DEMONS are afraid of reason and knowledge.

You hit the nail on the head
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by plaetton: 2:39pm On Dec 20, 2013
kambo:

I beg your pardon? God does not need to improve? But the bible shows him doing exactly that.
He gets angry, commits genocide and the repents of his anger.
In ot, he loves the burnt sacrifice of goats, sheep and ram ,and in the NT he settles for the human blood of Jesus, his supposed son, who incidentally is also himself.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by Secularist: 2:40pm On Dec 20, 2013
plaetton:
I beg your pardon? God does not need to improve? But the bible shows him doing exactly that.
In ot, he loves the burnt sacrifice of goats, sheep and ram ,and in the Mr he settles for the human blood of Jesus, his supposed son, who incidentally is also himself.

LMAO!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by kambo(m): 2:45pm On Dec 20, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

Kambo,you are a lost case I swear!

Bible that is filled with stories of a jealous,vindictive and genocidal god is perfect? You would have been a perfect Boko haram foot soldier,I'm just glad you born were into christianity and not Islam

*yawn* keep your argument logical and in context. Dont bore me.
This spittle u produced in inadmissible.
The bible doesnt and has never been edited is a statement of fact because thts how it has always been , proving tht it is comes from an unchanging unwavering inspuration. I cud very well have said the sun rises every morning and sets every evening it will always do so ( a statement of fact) - how you conjecture the fundamentalist part from tht beats me. Or ur tryg d age old gimmick of descendg to personal attacks in an argument. Grow up.
And backup ur sweepg statements wth concrete examples.
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by BosColeone: 2:53pm On Dec 20, 2013
plaetton:
In ot, he loves the burnt sacrifice of goats, sheep and ram ,and in the NT he settles for the human blood of Jesus, his supposed son, who incidentally is also himself.

You seem to have all d answers, i am interested in knowing what u think about creation, we live in a wonderful world, sometimes I like all around in wonder, kindly tell me how u believe all this came into existence.
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 20, 2013
tr3y: We are all victims of whatever we believe in
I sometimes wonder if the bible was just a work of a writer like Da Vinci
People do look up to the sky and say God is above but spacecraft have left this planet and there is no sign of any supernatural being living up there
There are things that shows God and Demons don't exist and at the same time there are proves they might do exist. I'm not an atheist neither am I a fanatics but the ultimate things is the mind is a great tool.

its always pathetic that people look up to the sky and believe someone is sitting in a white chair there, indeed the idea of a god/gods would be meaningless if there are no humans here.
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by plaetton: 2:57pm On Dec 20, 2013
BosColeone:

You seem to have all d answers, i am interested in knowing what u think about creation, we live in a wonderful world, sometimes I like all around in wonder, kindly tell me how u believe all this came into existence.
You in a wonderful world as compared to ...?
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by plaetton: 3:00pm On Dec 20, 2013
O.T.I.S:

its always pathetic that people look up to the sky and believe someone is sitting in a white chair there, indeed the idea of a god/gods would be meaningless if there are no humans here.

Excellent point.
And that kinda reminds me, I wonder if Mars and other uninhabited planets in our solar system also have god.
hmmm.
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by BosColeone: 3:04pm On Dec 20, 2013
Look around you, isn't it awesome? I don't know about u, but everything I see around me fills me with wonder, even every human behavior, nature generally awes me, oblige me please, how did something dis beautiful come about?
Take for example the human body, the eyes, the nose, the mouth, the teeth, the fingers, all to me seem perfect, placed where they should be, how come? Help me understand, u seem to know more than I do.
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by dallyemmy: 3:09pm On Dec 20, 2013
Demons do not need to contend with you since they have you in their book already...they only need to contend with people on there way to heaven>>>
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 20, 2013
plaetton:

Excellent point.
And that kinda reminds me, I wonder if Mars....
We don't. angry

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by Garri1: 3:11pm On Dec 20, 2013
BosColeone: Look around you, isn't it awesome? I don't know about u, but everything I see around me fills me with wonder, even every human behavior, nature generally awes me, oblige me please, how did something dis beautiful come about?
Take for example the human body, the eyes, the nose, the mouth, the teeth, the fingers, all to me seem perfect, placed where they should be, how come? Help me understand, u seem to know more than I do.

And what about babies born blind?
what about babies born without arms?
What about the natural disasters that take millions of lives and property yearly?

Does all this look perfect and awesome to you?. Ever heard of the evolution theory and natural selection? Ever heard that the universe has been discovered to be expanding? Ever heard of the big bang theory? Probably No, People in their lazy minds decide to subject things they can't understand as an act of god. The bible as well as all scriptural books were written by cavemen trying to explain god and things they couldn't understand. What science has been able to explain in 200 years, NO religion has been able to explain in thousands of years.
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by kambo(m): 3:16pm On Dec 20, 2013
plaetton:

if u cant see the big picture this it what it looks like.
First, you're mistakg the attributes of God and spiritual principles and laws for improvement.
Enlighteng u on this wud b akin to givg u all a mini bible trining course.
In the bible you'll never see God act proactively in meting out punishment ,it is always reactively.
Two you'll find out tht God in the OT and God in the NT are different.
In d ot punishment was met swiftly in the nt its delayed. Y?
Y even punish?
This is d question.
You will admit tht punishg wrong is necessary for smooth functiong of groups-society, families,etc- but in d bible wrong generates somethg i'd call spiritual matter . This spiritual matter is sin. It has to be done away with . Its like dirt on a clean dress, you cant wear it out till its removed. It has a stench and it stinks.
But this spiritual matter is not just unsightly and offensive,it is destructive. Highly so.
Because of this spiritual substance generated by human action,
God's perfect plan for man was thwarted. Thru sin came death, disease, natural disasters,i.e perversion of nature.
The only antidote is destruction both of the agency (the sinner and the matter). If you leave the agent, the matter will spread bringing death and destruction in its wake.
Thats y in the ot,you see God is swift in purgg the propagators right dwn to children . If you've watched zombie films you know what i mean.
In the ot, sin was covered with the blood of animals pointg to the eternal plan wen God wud provide a final solution thru the blood of a perfect person,Jesus, the blood od animals could never remove the matter just cover it.
But after Jesus death, the solution bcame complete, now his blood not only cleanses like acid it consumes and obliterates the sin making the sinner completely clean as if he has never sinned.
All these are spiritual laws and processes not improvements. God had already planned tht Jesus wud die to save man in the event man sinned long before the first man was created!
Where does sin stay? On the heart (i.e the spirit man) - its as real as dirt but its spiritual.
For more information read the book of romans chpts 1- 10.
You all (atheists) lack the perspective or understandg to judge God but one day it will b as broad as daylight tht He was just and right.but by then it will b too late for you all.
First,with all your wisdom you all are still in your sins . You reject his anti dote and He will never allow sin into his kingdom.
You are a spirit being so is God quit lookg for him under a microscope.
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by ogaju007(m): 3:17pm On Dec 20, 2013
Can I just add that there's nothing you can say to change a believer's (brainwashed) mind. I also find it amazing that Africans believe in a story written by people that detest them. Over 6000 kilometers away. Only if people can stop for a second and just THINK but hey, this is too much to ask. They waste precious time casting out demons and speaking jiberish while their counterpart that sold them the story are in the Laboratory developing the latest stuff to sell to the so called beleivers. Yet we wonder why we are not progressing as a continent.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by plaetton: 3:19pm On Dec 20, 2013
aManFromMars:
We don't. angry

Hey, I am just wondering, considering that you are perhaps the last of your kind ,who has taken refuge here in Yahweh's domain.

But now that there is no one left in mars to worship your God, does that god still exist on Mars ? Or do gods exist only when they are believers and worshipers?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 20, 2013
Hmmm......bravo to all the well constructed and seemly sensible intellectual arguments. But time will tell wether God is real, or wether demons, angels or spirit world is a mere fanthom of imagination. You know the word of the cross is foolish to those who are perishing.

Argument doesn't solve anything. It'll rather create more folly. And God is not even interested in proving any point to you. So you have a choice to believe or reject God's reality.

But get it clear that demons don't have respect for anybody. They only fear and quake at name of Jesus. And only those who believe and function in that name can rule over them.

I'm not forcing it into your throat.but the whole world need to realize that we all need Jesus. And thank God you have a choice.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by ogaju007(m): 3:23pm On Dec 20, 2013
BosColeone: Look around you, isn't it awesome? I don't know about u, but everything I see around me fills me with wonder, even every human behavior, nature generally awes me, oblige me please, how did something dis beautiful come about?

Yes indeed, it's beautiful but have you spent time to study and research how they came about? I guess not. A typical myopic mind believes there's a mystery behind what confuses him/her. To an illetrate, starting up a car engine is probably a miracle. I think that says it all.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by plaetton: 3:24pm On Dec 20, 2013
kambo:

Two you'll find out tht God in the OT and God in the NT are different.

So you do agree that Ot god and Nt god are different.
But different in what sense?
Two different gods?

Or was it that the OT god had a make-over, a self-improvement rehab perhaps, and then improved into the new and reformed Nt god?
Is this exactly what I said.
God gets better with age.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by ogaju007(m): 3:25pm On Dec 20, 2013
Busolafolarin: Hmmm......bravo to all the well constructed and seemly sensible intellectual arguments. But time will tell wether God is real, or wether demons, angels or spirit world is a mere fanthom of imagination. You know the word of the cross is foolish to those who are perishing.

Argument doesn't solve anything. It'll rather create more folly. And God is not even interested in proving any point to you. So you have a choice to believe or reject God's reality.

But get it clear that demons don't have respect for anybody. They only fear and quake at name of Jesus. And only those who believe and function in that name can rule over them.

I'm not forcing it into your throat.but the whole world need to realize that we all need Jesus. And thank God you have a choice.

Kindly give us an example of what demons do? I think we should start from there.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 20, 2013
Secularist: It is refreshing to see that there are alot of atheist in the house. Some how we have been able to break the cycle and reason enough to question and rationalize, something several billions of people have refused or are simply too indoctrinated to do.

Becoming an atheist is like waking up to realize all around you are people sleep walking permanently.

Proud atheist here!

And for all you religious folks out there please remember, this platform was created by an atheist, it just might be "demonic" Hehehehehe! grin

Religious people are like children a simple Boo! and they run for the hills. LMAO!
Indeed,never knew skeptics were this much around, so many closet atheists, reason will always prevail against the sheer superstition propagated by religion

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by plaetton: 3:26pm On Dec 20, 2013
Busolafolarin: Hmmm......bravo to all the well constructed and seemly sensible intellectual arguments. But time will tell wether God is real, or wether demons, angels or spirit world is a mere fanthom of imagination. You know the word of the cross is foolish to those who are perishing.

Believe me buddy, demons fear atheists more than they fear Jesus, after all. we all can all agree that demons only molest the Jesus people.
That is the thrust of this thread.
It is the Jesus people that come here screaming "demon demon "

1 Like

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by plaetton: 3:28pm On Dec 20, 2013
ogaju007:

Yes indeed, it's beautiful but have you spent time to study and research how they came about? I guess not. A typical myopic mind believes there's a mystery behind what confuses him/her. To an illetrate, starting up a car engine is probably a miracle. I think that says it all.

My grandmother thinks that skype is the greatest witchcraft.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by Garri1: 3:29pm On Dec 20, 2013
kambo:
God's perfect plan for man was thwarted. Thru sin came death, disease, natural disasters,i.e perversion of nature.
The only antidote is destruction both of the agency (the sinner and the matter). If you leave the agent, the matter will spread bringing death and destruction in its wake.

So an omni omni god could not stop sin without commiting genocide, without attempting to wipe out the entire earth? That goes a long way to tell you how much of a psychopath your god is.

In the ot, sin was covered with the blood of animals pointg to the eternal plan wen God wud provide a final solution thru the blood of a perfect person,Jesus, the blood od animals could never remove the matter just cover it.
But after Jesus death, the solution bcame complete, now his blood not only cleanses like acid it consumes and obliterates the sin making the sinner completely clean as if he has never sinned.
All these are spiritual laws and processes not improvements. God had already planned tht Jesus wud die to save man in the event man sinned long before the first man was created!
Where does sin stay? On the heart (i.e the spirit man) - its as real as dirt but its spiritual.
For more information read the book of romans chpts 1- 10.
You all (atheists) lack the perspective or understandg to judge God but one day it will b as broad as daylight tht He was just and right.but by then it will b too late for you all.
First,with all your wisdom you all are still in your sins . You reject his anti dote and He will never allow sin into his kingdom.
You are a spirit being so is God quit lookg for him under a microscope.

I thought your god was supposed be omniscient and knew man would sin even before he created man? Then why get angry when the obvious happens? Why kill your son who is also you (committing suicide) just to heal a forthcoming wound? Why would an omni creator commit genocide just to prove he is boss?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by dallyemmy: 3:30pm On Dec 20, 2013
patrickmuf: All those saying demons, Satan etc do you have proof of their existence? if no, then the argument is as good as done

[size=30pt]YES!!![/size]
Re: Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? by plaetton: 3:31pm On Dec 20, 2013
ogaju007: Can I just add that there's nothing you can say to change a believer's (brainwashed) mind. I also find it amazing that Africans believe in a story written by people that detest them. Over 6000 kilometers away. Only if people can stop for a second and just THINK but hey, this is too much to ask. They waste precious time casting out demons and speaking jiberish while their counterpart that sold them the story are in the Laboratory developing the latest stuff to sell to the so called beleivers. Yet we wonder why we are not progressing as a continent.

Very pathetic indeed.
If slavery was still the norm, a lot of our compatriots should be sold to the middle east for N100.
There they would be at home with the stone age trashes that prevail over there.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Types Of Churches That Are Doomed To Fail / How Sex Can Make You Miss Your Ultimate Flight / The Near Death Experience (light At The End Of The Tunnel)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.