Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,640 members, 7,851,146 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:08 PM

2pretty4u's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 2pretty4u's Profile / 2pretty4u's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 16 pages)

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 2pretty4u(f): 11:08am On Jul 14, 2022
Realpaulpat:
Good morning Guru's. I've made my appointment for biometrics 18th of this month. So i want to confirm. The documents I'm going with. Is it just the confirmation printout I got from my mail? Or the confirmation printout and every other documents I have as regards my travel?

You will go with the instruction letter, appointment letter, two photocopies of your passport and your international passport

1 Like 2 Shares

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 2pretty4u(f): 9:57am On Jul 14, 2022
Chiziteremary:
Good morning all.

Thanks to all who congratulated me. I would like to share my timeline and what i did differently in my 2nd application because i believe this will help someone.

1st Application was submitted 1st Dec 2021
Refusal was recvd 25/2/2022

From my gcm notes i discovered what i did wrong was the fact that i used my brother as additional sponsor. Even though i am self sponsor but i decided to add my brothers account for additional comfort which wasnt necessary after all. I already paid 16kcad for 1st year fees and had sufficient funds to take care of the 2nd year fees and my upkeep in my personal account. The VO's concern with my brothers account was that his payslips werent included and there were lumpsums in his account. Well for some reason my broda didnt want to give me statement of his salary account. He only gave me statement of a join account with his wife where he saves money ( he lives in the USA)

What i did differently

I never wanted to use an agent because of the cost implication and because i believed i could do it myself but i was led by the Holy spirit to use @Frankrobbin. So i decided to go ahead with him, the guy is quite professional i must say though he is so busy that you need to keep calling his attention.

The guy advised me to get professional valuation for my land and building which i did. He also advised that based on my age i shouldn't have bothered with a sponsor outside myself or hubby ( i am over 45yrs). In addition he rearranged all my documents and made them easier for the VO to see all because i had lots of documents.

I highly recommend Frank any day because he is very very professional. I didnt give him breathing space, i must confess that i wanted my application submitted fast fast because my school was meant to Start May 9th.

I also want to appreciate @Anon123, @NorthernshoreLS. NorthernshoreLS thanks a lot, you were the person to 1st advice me to use Frank even though i didnt want to initially. This forum is indeed full of wonderful brothers and sisters.

My prayer is that we shall all get our PPR's soonest in Jesus name.

Amen

Congratulations

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 2pretty4u(f): 9:42am On Jul 14, 2022
Papapa1234:
Praise God..

My PPR and yours must drop before Friday..

I have made this decree,God abeg..

What God cannot do does not exist..

I am next to testify..

This February applicant must testify...

Amen, I am next to testify

6 Likes

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 2pretty4u(f): 1:03pm On Jul 13, 2022
160485:
Dear PPr

Please drop like Lagos rain nonstop this week.

Amen

AMEN

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 2pretty4u(f): 2:38pm On Jul 11, 2022
daffy22:
Hello everyone, I want to ask if I can do medical a before biometric?

Yes, you can
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 2pretty4u(f): 4:51pm On Jul 08, 2022
160485:
PPR

Start dropping oo

Yes o, PPR for me and my family. JULY 20TH

5 Likes

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 2pretty4u(f): 12:12pm On Jul 08, 2022
Realpaulpat:
Good morning Gurus in the house. I've been trying to login the Gc key on the Canadian website but it's not going through. Have they changed their website or its network issues?

Change browser
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 2pretty4u(f): 8:52pm On Jul 07, 2022
My family and I will testify this month�.

3 Likes

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 2pretty4u(f): 11:09pm On Jul 06, 2022
sammyfrance23:
Any June application with PPR?

Soon, very soon

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 2pretty4u(f): 12:24pm On Jul 04, 2022
Amen

Papapa1234:
Omo ,another week of PPR overflow

We pray for PPRs this week for all hopefuls..

Another week of sending mails,wake up and start sending mails ooooo

GOD HAS DONE IT

WHAT GOD CANNOT DO DOES NOT EXIST

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 2pretty4u(f): 8:04pm On Jul 01, 2022
A big congratulations, I will testify.

folla:
WHAT GOD CANNOT DO, DOES NOT EXIST!

God has shown mercy to me and my children.

My SOWP and my 3 children's Study Visa applications have been approved by IRCC.

1st Applications

Our 1st applications made in June 2021 were all refused on 25th September 2021. The main concern of the VO, as revealed in the GCMS note, was that my wife, who is a Masters student in BC, filled on her application form that her family would not accompany her to Canada. The VO questioned the truthfulness of my wife's statement in her application, when we now applied for visas while she was still in Nigeria. VO said other things which we considered circumstantial.

I came on this platform then to seek for advice and I really obtained valuable advice from members. What did we do?

2nd Applications

We filed another set of applications on 8th November 2021 with my wife explaining the reasons for her change in plan. We filed additional documents showing stronger home ties by exhibition of pictures of our parents, affidavits of birth of our parents and affidavit of births of my siblings. I also exhibited share certificate, receipt of payment of professional dues, together with landed property. I showed rent receipts issued to our tenants.

Along the line, my wife wrote her MP sometime in February 2022 seeking for a status update on our applications. The response was that criminality check was passed and nothing more. Our upfront medicals expired in April 2022, but I refused to go for any more upfront medicals. If they are ready, they will contact us. I was drained, both emotionally and psychologically, noting that the journey began in June 2021. I only held on to God, as a lot was at stake.

There was a time I read an email IRCC had sent to someone here requesting for updated transcripts of his student spouse. I took the initiative by sending my wife's updated transcripts sometime in late April 2022. I have a feeling this had a positive impact on our applications.

Boom, medical request showed for my children and I on 16th May 2022. We quickly sent an email to QLife who gave us an appointment in about 9 days later. Medicals were updated to "pass" for my children on 7th June, while they got their PPR on 9th June. For me, my medical was updated to "pass" on 8th June, while my PPR only came on 29th June.

In between my children's PPR and 29th June, I sent their passports to Abuja the penultimate Monday and we received the stamped passports on 28th June. I almost sent another webform on 29th June with the plan to exhibit my children's visas and seeking a quick response on my application. By 9am on 29th June, 2 "donotreply" emails had come into my inbox.

My wife travelled to BC since September 2021, leaving me with 3 active boys, while IRCC kept playing the delay game. Thank God it has ended in praise.

I wish to say a big thank you to members on this forum who were responsive to my questions at the relevant times. Really appreciate.

To everyone still waiting, hang on there. It's not over until you have won. You can't afford to give up. Keep praying and sending the webforms, the golden emails will surface shortly.

Thank you All!

2 Likes

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 2pretty4u(f): 2:27am On Jun 28, 2022
I will testify.
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 2pretty4u(f): 6:09pm On Jun 26, 2022
rahmeekadigz:
I wrote a letter of intent for him and I also attached my letter of acceptance

Thank you, that is what I'm doing.
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 2pretty4u(f): 5:04pm On Jun 26, 2022
Thanks for your response, but there is a section for it when applying sowp along with the main application. Abi?

Ketima:

If you're filling form(IMM forms) for spouse open work permit, then the purpose is work. But if you're saying that there is a section of uplaod to uploaded purpose of visit, then am not sure where you're seeing that cos no such uplaod sections in SOWP since I started submitting application for SOWP.

All sections for upload in SOWP is
1). Work permit form(IMM 1925)
2). Family information (IMM 5707)
3). Passport
4) Digital photo
5). Proof of relationship
6). Schedule 1(IMM 5257)
7. Client's information.
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 2pretty4u(f): 4:36pm On Jun 26, 2022
Chubbyface:

For me, my spouse wrote a letter of intent on why he should accompany me and our child.

Thank you.
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 2pretty4u(f): 4:16pm On Jun 26, 2022
Ok, I'm just about applying and I'm filling the application for sowp, there is a section for purpose of visit for my spouse, we are confused on what document to upload there.

Ketima:

Hello 2pretty4u,

I don't really get your question. You may need to rephrase it ok. How do you mean putting letter of admission as purpose of study?
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 2pretty4u(f): 1:23pm On Jun 26, 2022
Please for spouse purpose of visit, what should we put? Is it the letter of admission?

Ketima:

Hello phrecy,

He is the owner of the company and he is your Sponsor, so no need to send the money to his personal account. His company accounts inflows and outflows will prove his capacity to sponsor you.
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 2pretty4u(f): 1:22pm On Jun 26, 2022
Good day, please under the section for spouse purpose of visit when applying. What should we put?
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 2pretty4u(f): 12:21pm On Jun 24, 2022
giftyyrealties:
It's PPR guys

Ha. It hasn't been easy but God did it. We submitted our application before we found this thread and by then it was too late. I even contacted Makano and wanted him to read our SOP to know if we will get it and he was like you have already submitted, there is nothing we can do but to pray and be hopeful. We saw some documents and information others submitted that we could hv submitted with our application but it was too late. I kept pestering my husband to submit some and we decided to submit some vital information that we missed via web forms. Though we still had many to submit like invoices and receipts. We sent webforms after about 2 to 3 months of submission because I was worried.
Then the wait. At first I thought it was family visa, hence the delay. Then I started seeing family visa that was approved within 2 months. Ha d tension came. I became over worried. Started praying, fasting, reminding God of his faithfulness.My husband kept saying it will be alright. Be patient. We will get it.
Then it dropped on the 24th of June. Few hrs ago.
What God cannot do does not exist.

First time applicants: we did it ourselves
Delay is truly not denial.
Submitted 9th March
Documents submitted
Husband ( Study Visa)
Acceptance letter
School fees payment slips
Nin
Passport
Cac certificate
business Tax clearance
Letter of good standing for business
Car documents
Bus documents
Landed documents, receipts and deed of assignment
2 6 months account statements
PiggyVest account statement
Investments certificates
Wedding pictures and documents
Birth cert
Nysc certificate
Recommendation letter from Project supervisor
Pictures with siblings and parents
Transcript
Waec
Degree certificate
Pictures in Dubai
Parents I'd cards
Affidavit of return

Spouse ( SOWP)
Husband’s acceptance letter and school fees payment
Husband’s statement of account
Nin
Birth certificate
Transcript
Letter of introduction from husband
Waec
Degree cert
Nysc cert
Recommendation/ letter of introduction from 3 companies I hv worked with
Change of name
Newspaper publication
Sworn affidavit
Investment certificates
Account statement
Piggyvest statement
Landed documents, receipts and deed of assignment
Wedding pics and documents
Dubai pictures
Affidavit of return
Parents ID CARD

I just want to appreciate everyone. Keep believing. It will definitely happen. Though d wait is draining but keep believing. God is great. I kept praying with this song every morning: there is nothing you cannot do.

Congratulations
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 2pretty4u(f): 11:33am On Jun 21, 2022
Itsdone2022:
Its PPR!!!!! Jesus did it for my family....all Glory to God!!!!!!

Timeline

Upfront medicals for family: 5th of May
Application submitted: 2nd of June
Biometrics: 7th of June and updated same day
Medical Updated: 20th of June for me
PPR: 20th of June
Hubby: Study visa
Spouse: SOWP
Kids: study permit though they are American citizens

• All IMM forms
• POF documents
Scholarship letter
Evidence of acceptance fee payment
Sponsor’s coy account & documents (mother-in-law)
Sponsor’s personal account & mutual fund accts
Letter of sponsorship
Affidavit of support
Landed property for Sponsor
Applicant’s mutual fund acct
Spouse’s mutual fund acct
Letter of consent from spouse

• Client Info
SOP (4 pages)
Employment letter
ID card
Resume
Letter of introduction from company
4 months payslip
Pension account
Property valuation doc & Title document
MSc & BSc certificates
Professional certificates
NYSC certificate
Family pictures & many pictures with sponsor
Police clearance certificate
General IELTS

Few things to note:
****We used a conditional letter but wrote a letter stating that the ASUU strike was causing a delay in fulfilling the conditions of the letter****.
1. Sponsor transferred to my hubby’s account & he moved it to his mutual funds acct. We did a POF breakdown that showed the money we had was more than enough to cover the study duration.
2. For the kids LOA, hubby wrote a letter quoting the Canada immigration law that states the kids don’t need to have an admission offer before coming. Only their birth certificate was uploaded.
3. There was a table of content for every section.
4. Under my SOWP, I submitted the same SOP my husband used. Didn’t write a different one. I also added my own credentials and CV in my Client Info section.
5. A week after submission, we sent our salary bank statements & his study leave letter.
6. We have valid UK & US visas. Submitted all prior visas and stamped pages.
7. Most importantly, lots of prayers and praise.

A lot of questions were answered for me just by reading this thread. I pray that this inexplicable joy goes round in Jesus name!!!!!

Congratulations to your family

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 2pretty4u(f): 9:08pm On Jun 19, 2022
Good evening house,
Please on the average, how many pages should an SOP be. I feel my pages are much.
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 2pretty4u(f): 8:20pm On Jun 16, 2022

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 2pretty4u(f): 7:57pm On Jun 16, 2022
Good evening house, please I need the link to book for medicals. Either IOM or qlife abuja. Thank you
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 2pretty4u(f): 8:58pm On Jun 15, 2022
Congratulations

[quote author=FunmilolaAde post=113834342]IT'S PPR GUYS �������

WHAT GOD CAN NOT DO DOES NOT EXIST!!!
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 2pretty4u(f): 1:00pm On Jun 13, 2022
Eden2018:
Thanks ma'am. Wishing you the very best

Amen, thanks
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 2pretty4u(f): 3:24pm On Jun 12, 2022
Eden2018:
Yes, all the five mails came at once

Congratulations, your timeline is so detailed.
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 2pretty4u(f): 10:19am On Jun 10, 2022
Eden2018:
Please anyone can help with this?

Goodday, congratulations on your PPR.

Please I would love to send you a DM to ask some questions if you don't mind. I'm also applying with my family.
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 2pretty4u(f): 9:32pm On Jun 09, 2022
sirgalahad26:

Funds for yourself, spouse and kids will be multiplied by 2

Ok, thanks

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 2pretty4u(f): 9:06pm On Jun 09, 2022
ShowYoung:

Yes, they do charge some two fees days after processing.

Good evening, please when calculating proof of funds for a 2years program of a family of five, will the funds for the spouse and kids be multiplied by 2 or just the tuition and living expenses for the main applicant?
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 2pretty4u(f): 2:03pm On May 03, 2022
Calmdancer21:

Don’t defer yet wait for it to get close to September then email your course advisor stating that visa delay as your reason or even passport delay they will oblige you

Ok, thanks
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 2pretty4u(f): 6:19am On May 03, 2022
Calmdancer21:

I believe you are talking about Concordia Montreal ? You can send your questions directly to me

Yea, thanks
Just got admission and wanted to know if it won't be an issue if I defer to next year without reasons

I applied for September but won't be able to meet up.
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 2pretty4u(f): 10:25pm On May 02, 2022
Anon123:

I don't think they ask but if they do, you can say visa delay.

I don't know the policy Concordia uses but I believe if you pay the deposit, you can then defer

Ok, thanks alot. I appreciate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 16 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.