Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,487 members, 7,850,689 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:23 AM

2pretty4u's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 2pretty4u's Profile / 2pretty4u's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 16 pages)

Travel / Re: Parenting In Canada...lets Connect !!!! by 2pretty4u(f): 3:32pm On Nov 30, 2022
Creativebelle:
Hello,

I think you need to mail schools in your province of choice..and ask if he/she can be added to their waitlist

Kids should apply for visitors visa if I am not mistaken..

Pls ask this on the Canada Studeht thread for more and sure responses

For child of 11years, it should be study visa.
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 3:02pm On Nov 30, 2022
okay4sure:
PPR Time !!!! people of Nairalander join me to praise the LORD.........Hallelujah !!!!
In fact God is faithful and I am hopeful....
Submitted June 16th
Upfront Medicals Done July 18th
Medical passed and Eligibility review on August 4th after a series of email and web form
raises.
PPR November 29 after I sent a series of emails and web forms.
Is a family Application Still waiting for my spouse visiting visa. I thank this platform because I did it alone with all the knowledge I acquired from naira land. I am not a good writer but I wrote my SOP myself. I pray , pray and pray, Jesus did it. God answers prayers
For those expectant, God will answer your prayers

Congratulations

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 2:59pm On Nov 30, 2022
YinksXO:
Long post alert!

Been on this thread for a while and I'm an older applicant. Started trying express entry around 2018 but something was always not aligning, transcript wahala and then low CRS scores. Wanted to try the student route in 2019 but a friend said because of my age, I most probably wouldn't get approved, so I abandoned it. In 2020, same friend advised me to try the student route for my daughter and that's when I came to this thread and it helped me tremendously to package my daughter's application which was approved and I've shared the story here too. So, while I was doing research for my daughter's application here, I'd see older people once in a while with approved applications, I started considering it again, the more I read about approvals for people within my age range, the more encouraged I became, so I took the plunge. Long story short, below is my timeline

Upfront medical - April 2022
Application submitted - 28 June 2022 (new portal used)
Sent a webform in July to ask them to update medicals.
Medicals passed - 20 August 2022
Eligibility review started - 31 October 2022
BVL & PPR - 3 November 2022
PP submitted - 4 November 2022 (Lagos VFS)
PP received - 22 November 2022

Documents submitted
LOA
SOP (3 pages)
Passport biodata page
MBA transcript
Other professional certificate(s)
Resume
MBS - personal account
MBS - business account
Bank reference letter stating I'm sole signatory
Coy registration documents
Coy Invoices and PO's
Board resolution letter, confirming my leave from work and that coy was going to fund my studies
Same person affidavit cos name arranged differently on different official documents
Notarized Letter of support by spouse - saying that he'd take care of our kids and help oversee my business.
MBS of spouse's coy account
IELTS & WES - submitted cos I had it
Old and valid visas and stamped passport pages
PCC
Deed of assignment
Birth certificates of my kids
Passport biodata page of spouse
Passport biodata page of mum (expired)
Death certificate of father
4 pictures - with spouse, kids and mum

Things that may have helped me:
* I have valid US and Canadian visit visas and just returned from a recent trip to Canada to visit daughter.
* I approached 2 MP's, one responded and said background check was passed but eligibility hadn't started as at September, other MP didn't respond.
* After my return from Canada in September, sent about 5/6 webforms and same amount of emails, sent about once every week, different days of the week. Different story each week but basically asking for a decision to be made on my application.
* Didn't apply with second daughter and husband
* Tuition paid in full
* My coy is funding my studies, so included a board resolution letter approving amount to be spent.

This platform has been great and I can't quantify the wealth of information you can get from here as long as you're patient and willing to research, will share some tips:

If you're following this thread or any other one you're interested in, leave the tab open on your device, that way you can come back and continue from where you stopped, just refresh to load new pages. You won't then miss responses to any questions you've asked or new points/stories that have been shared.
Use the notes app on your phone. If there's any information that has been shared on nairaland or any other platform that you think will be useful to you or someone else, copy it out and paste it in the notes app. This way, that information is easily accessible to you in the future, just use your search tab on the app. I find this is more helpful than screenshots.
Google and YouTube the heck out of everything! NairaLand is great because it gives you the perspective of Nigerians living in Nigeria, who are on the same journey as you but there are other resources you should make use of because it shows you what other nationalities are doing to get their applications approved. Some simple questions can even easily be answered once you use Google & YouTube, believe me you get samples of documents, updates on travel requirements, school recommendations, meaning of abbreviations, literally everything is available there, just type in key words and voila, you're in.

Lastly, thank you to each and everyone that has shared their journey here, thank you to people who've lent a helping hand to total strangers. As someone who is private myself, I know the first instinct might be not to bother to share your story but trust me, it helps in encouraging and hopefully giving people the needed push.
My program starts in January 2023 and once I'm settled in, I "wish" to help people reach out to MP's cos I noticed they hardly respond to people living outside of Canada, I'm hoping it will be possible. This offer will be free and for people whose applications have significantly gone beyond the standard processing time and it will be at my discretion.
Best of luck to everyone!

Congratulations, may your journey to Canada be favoured. I enjoyed reading your timeline.

3 Likes

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 6:31pm On Nov 22, 2022
Cheebu:

That was obviously before the terror alert. Seems since then, Lagos VFS has been receiving bulk of the PPR submissions. These days it takes at least 3 weeks to get your passport stamped.

And this transmission fee applies if you submit to Lagos as well (first time applicants aren't included for some strange reason). I paid for it & I submitted in-person at VFS Lagos.

Ok
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 2:07pm On Nov 22, 2022
Leadforteservic:
Please any idea how long it will take if it's sent straight to Abuja? Do u know the cost of transmission fee?

Mine took 6days, transmission fee was 9410 plus SMS of 990. That was last month 16th. I sent using DHL, lagos

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 1:01pm On Nov 22, 2022
johnstan:

U can imagine this people.
I don receive their email taya, every email keeps saying "your ppt has been received*
Chatted them yesterday and the staff bluntly told me I shud go and wait.

Passports submitted in their Lagos office are sent to Abuja for stamping, that's why it takes more time. Most times people don't mind paying the transmission fee and send it straight to Abuja.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 11:05am On Nov 20, 2022
gaeul:
Thanks a million...so I can just sign on their behalf, since they are toddlers smiley or what's the right thing to do smiley

Yes, you will sign on their behalf. You are welcome.
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 8:54am On Nov 20, 2022
gaeul:
Please peeps, Biko what is required of kids @ passport request. Those who have submitted or have an idea, it's been 24hrs no response... Biko help a sister, thanks

Morning, for the kids 2 signed copies of the consent form, 2 photocopies of their passport page, print out of receipt of the transmission fee paid, PPR request and their passport.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 5:31pm On Nov 16, 2022
7COLOURS:

Na reality o my person

I gave that application the very best

Dunno what happened

It is well

So sorry about the delay, I was really hopeful for you.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 8:41am On Nov 15, 2022
For those about submitting their passport for stamping, I'll advice you pay the SMS fee of 990 to get real-time updates on the status of your passport.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 9:54pm On Nov 14, 2022
[quote author=Chairwoman post=118391906]
Thanks a lot, as God do am for you, make God do am for me too... Congratulations once again smiley[/quo

Thanks again. Amen to your prayers.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 11:35am On Nov 13, 2022
Chairwoman:

A very huge congratulations to you, I have a question, do you submit medicals for study visa immediately after biometrics and before approval?

Thank you, you have the option of submitting during your application or after you have submitted your application, that is if it was an upfront medical that you did or you can decide to wait for IRCC to request for medicals from you
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 4:06pm On Nov 10, 2022
Vecas:
Good day everyone.
I sent ny passport and my kids to vfs office yesterday and paid 9290 each. Total of 27750.
I got a call today that I have to buy 9990 each .
Otherwise they won't treat the passport.
M just confused .

Does the process involve this .

Kindly advise ..thanks

Transmission fee is 9,410 and SMS fee is 990.
You will have to pay to get the passport stamped.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Parenting In Canada...lets Connect !!!! by 2pretty4u(f): 9:35pm On Nov 09, 2022
Nice thread, travelling next year by God's grace with my family. Gotten our visa already, so I need all the information I can get. Going to Edmonton, Alberta

6 Likes

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 10:29am On Nov 08, 2022
amila20042001:
Please for those who have gone through this process before now
I am applying for SOWP for my wife and study permits for my kids.
My kids don't have admission yet, what do I upload in the provision for letter of acceptance.
I need help abeg

For my kids, I uploaded a letter of intent written on their behalf by myself and my own loa
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 5:44pm On Oct 26, 2022
amila20042001:
GOD HAS DONE IT, GOD HAS DONE IT.

WHO SAYS THERE'S NO GOD, COME AND I WILL INTRODUCE YOU TO THE ANCIENT OF DAYS.

IT'S PPPPPPPPPRRRRRRRRRRRR

just yesterday I was super worried my application has lasted 5months 5 days and God showed up to calm the storm.

Just returned from blessed sacrament, thanking, praising and worshipping God for his plan for me and my family, few hours later did the routine check on my portal and hurray My PPR is well sitted there, haven't gotten any messages yet.

Application submitted 21st May 2022
Biometrics 25th May
Medical 26th May 2022
Medical passed 28th May 2022
First GCMS notes 12th July and nothing has been done.
Second GCMS 30th August yet to arrive.
Lots and lots of emails and webforms scheduled twice three times daily.
BVL AND PPR 26th October 2022.

The joy is overwhelming. Thank you Jesus

Congratulations

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 3:02pm On Oct 23, 2022
ANGELAFELIX:

Anyone?

Hi, go to any DHL office around you and send the passport.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 4:24pm On Oct 21, 2022
ANGELAFELIX:
Good afternoon everyone
I got my ppr today yayy

This thread was very useful so thank you to everyone that helped and good luck in your application.

I’ll drop my timeline soon

Congratulations, may Canada favour you.
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 11:10am On Oct 14, 2022
Lawode:
Congratulations @2preety4u!!! God is indeed great. Is there anyone I can get in touch with you as my wife ( the prospective student) and I are also considering a family application? Or perhaps you can offer guidance here for the benefit of others. I am the sponsor and I do not intend to leave my work ( plan to work remotely sometimes and also on site), but I will rather apply for SOWP. Getting a leave of absence from my employer is practically impossible but I can get a visa support letter/letter of introduction.

1. How did your husband justify wanting to travel with you and the request for SOWP?
2. We are a family of four ( my kids are US citizen), what amount do you think we should have reserved for this?
3. Given what you now know, what advice will you give to those of us who are just starting?

Again a big congratulations to you, I have read your posts and it is so good to see that you faith did not fail you.

And please the gurus can also chip in here.

Thank you. To your questions;

1) my husband wrote a letter of intent, stating why he wants to travel with me and how it will not affect his business. He also Stated his reasons for applying for SOWP. To work a while in Canada and use whatever knowledge and experience he gets back home in Nigeria.

2) the years of study will determine how much you will need. For 2yrs, we provided 2years tuition and living expenses for the all family. We also included to and fro flight money, which we stated in the POF.

3) read, research and screenshot any important information you read, you might need it later.

I hope I was able to address your questions.
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 8:00pm On Oct 13, 2022
olokings:
you will sign authorisation / consent on behalf each of the kids.

you spouse will sign his consent forms.

you pay package transmission each independently for each passports. packaged with the requirements on individual return addressed envelopes. the loaded in a main bigger envelop to contain them all (which DHL will charge their own courier fee for the single main envelop)

good luck and good speed in the maple land.

Charito, go still host the JJC meet up... we go wait for you.

Thank you. Amen to your prayers.

Yes o @charito
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 6:41pm On Oct 13, 2022
olokings:
yaaaay you!!!!!

i was waiting for your shoutout!!!!!!!

welcome dearie

Thank you, thank you. Please how do I send the passports for stamping and the consent form, is it my spouse and 1 that will sign or just me?

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 6:34pm On Oct 13, 2022
Application submitted June 28th, 2022
Upfront medical for the family June 29th, 2022
Biometrics June 30th
Medical passed 23rd July for 2 of my kids
28th July for me, 4th August 2022 for my spouse and last child
Eligibility 20th September for just me
PPR for the family October 13th

Documents submitted
All imm forms
SOP of 7pages
Letter of employment, promotion and payslips for 6months
MBS from all our account, total amounting to about 30million
Birth certificate for everyone
Driver's license for myself and spouse
Voter's card, nin
Wedding certificate and change of name affidavit
Car documents of 2cars and estimated market value
Cofo for our property
We evaluated the property with a survey company
Study leave letter from the children's school
School fees receipts and their last term results
Tenancy payment receipts for 3years
Tax clearance receipts
ID card of my siblings and spouse's siblings.
Lots and lots of pictures and prayers.

This platform helped me a lot, thank you. I pray that everyone waiting shall receive their PPR soon.

17 Likes

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 6:30pm On Oct 13, 2022
CharitoJames:

I’ve been waiting for this. Congratulations

Thank you so much. I'm grateful
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 5:31pm On Oct 13, 2022
femo86:

Congratulations

Thank you
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 4:24pm On Oct 13, 2022
Thomsyne:

Yooo!! Many Cheers!!!
Congratulations to you and yours.

Thank you
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 4:22pm On Oct 13, 2022
cooooooks:
Congratulations!

Please how long is your program, which province, and did you get SOWP (I'm guessing yes).

Thanks, my program is for 2yrs. Alberta.
Yes, SOWP for my spouse

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 3:49pm On Oct 13, 2022
Good day house

Faithful God, he has given my family a reason to celebrate.

It's PPRrrrrrrrrrr guys. Family of 5.

@olokings, it has arrived

35 Likes

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 8:31pm On Sep 20, 2022
olokings:
So this journey ds started with an intent in 2021 to acquire a dual citizen future for my kids visa study route since Express Entry was no longer feasible.

Did tons of research, mostly for info from Nairaland here.

Applied for study permit for Family of 5 (we are 6, as 1 child is a US citizen, we wanted to birth the last one in Canada as wifey had applied and gotten visitor visa in Jan 2020 but was unable to travel because of covid. We tried to birth her in the US but they denied us, thanks to Trump).

So we applied for visa (SP for me and 2 kids, VV for 1 kid, SOWP for wifey) precisely April 30th for the whole fam. Did upfront medicals. 5 days after submission, I began bombing Nairobi office emails with request to update medicals. Medicals were updated on 18th May.

6 weeks after application I started bombarding Nairobi office on status update, applied for gcms notes (it never came out till today), applied for status update thru MP who reverted that our well phonology was under review, although nothing was showing in portal.

I continued with emails firing, updating it every week, sending every Monday and Friday 3 emails per day. Praying them to consider my application on the need to get decision on time to finalize plans for family travel.

Charitojames, 2pretty4u were my goto posts for encouragement.

PPR came for all of us at once on 24 Aug.

Stamped passports on 1st Sept.

Tried to defer till January 2023 but school refused. So I had to quickly buy ticket for myself to ga'an resume. While I will return to pick family after Xmas.

Ethiopian airline departure was 19th Sept. Arrived Abuja Airport, Africa just ask N1500 mk I carry my big bag of foods dey go..I kukuma give an a I no want long talk.

Paid excess luggage about N88k (walahi, I pack foods no be small.. made a checklist from una plenty submissions here... I only saw indomie chicken, I kukuma but 2 cartons brave am like that). Wrapped my bag at the airlift before check in.

Carried hands luggage and extra back pack.
PS: weda or not you are paying excess luggage, your bag cannot exceed 32k..... so know how to sort your things amongst different baah not to exceed 32kg per bag... I sweat like easter ghost while doing this because I have to be weighing the bag after every item removed or added.

Flight route: Abuja - Addiss Ababa (5hrs), had a 2 hr layover that felt like 30 minutes.... Addis Ababa- Dublin (8.5hrs)... speed for refueling, we didn't disembark the aircraft..... another long one Dublin - Toronto (6.5hrs)... I ate during the Abuja-addis flight, n only had dessert for the Addiss-Dublin. I like to travel light so that local man no go tell pilot say make e Park mid air make I enter Bush go do Number 2..... I am choosy like that.. lol

arrived Toronto 8am, did Self declaration, went to immigration, they only asked for LOI, and asked us all student to sitdon. 10 minutes later. They came out with printed study permit. Ushered me to a counter, Arab guy say, give me your study permit and passport, stamped me in. Finito.

Went to baggage claim, picked up my bags, went to drop off with connecting flight Air Canada to Moncton which doesn't take off for another 4 hrs.. omo make I dey waka about dey look.

Na so we see an.. already missing my fam, but no qualms.. if they miss me too much, mk they buy ticket come as visa dey dia pocket.

Like this, so, maple land don carry extra talent.... mk I go update my cv, attack them.. hehehe

Congratulations again, may the land of Canada favour you and yours. Interesting landing gist

1 Like

TV/Movies / Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by 2pretty4u(f): 10:16pm On Aug 29, 2022
Dannyxy:
We would not get quarrels again like this., all housemates will try to be politically correct, some housemates will stop being so competitive…

This is a short term entertainment at the expense of long term entertainment end dynamics of this season …

You guys will see

I doubt. Housemates will move on, tasks and activities will take over. Those that will quarrel will still quarrel, some characters can not be hidden.
TV/Movies / Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by 2pretty4u(f): 7:26pm On Aug 29, 2022
seasy:

Fake housemates are always revealed on eviction.

Ok
TV/Movies / Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by 2pretty4u(f): 7:20pm On Aug 29, 2022
I believe this is just to throw the housemates off from suspecting Chizzy and Rachel when they evict Deji, making it look like he had the highest votes.

Just my thought

4 Likes

TV/Movies / Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by 2pretty4u(f): 6:14pm On Aug 28, 2022
MizzD:
Amaka can still eat ?

I’m crying cheesy cheesy

She reminds of Adaku in Jenifa's diary. Lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 16 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.