Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? (62538 Views)

For Men, Can You Marry A Lady With This Ideology? / Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Earns Less Than N50,000 Monthly? / My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by budusky05(m): 11:38pm On Jul 31, 2018
OP a whole man like you dey ask women did question,
What is the d minimum wage of a Nigerian worker? What's wrong in marrying with 60k a month, just cut ur coat according to ur size.

And u both will be happy,

My colleague earns overs 1.7monthly and yet can't find any comfort at home.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by lacemose(m): 11:38pm On Jul 31, 2018
If he is starting early in life ...then she can marry him, but if he has been working for a long time and don't have any plan of increasing his earnings, then there's a big problem, he won't be like davido in his drifting bentyaga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_ZPNGInbJA
Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by tonyzeal(m): 11:38pm On Jul 31, 2018
chinchonglee:
I as a man cant get married wit a 60k income...

I ll jst be managing my singleness...even if it means being nt getting married 4 d rest of my life...
when you are a matured man,you can't make this comment.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jul 31, 2018
Serious my take, life is mystery, I thought I will never marry until I have all the millions but realised am close to.40 but notice my elder his approach 45yrs and still messing is life fucking different chicks who are looking to marry a millionaire.
Dear lady I will advise u not to look at high profile slay Queen who does not know where she going to end up her tomorrow

Am married without a million right but I have good family lineage our new born baby is enjoy every day of her moment with us..
Our babe so blessed as her personal effects worth over half million in stock from diaper,sma milk,clothing and toys
My wife and I to trust God and channel our ideal building multi millionaires family business with a position power of imagination.

Its God that favour our union am so proud I took the step .

Guys my advise look into the family status of any family your want to marry from and follow ur instinct.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by Unlimited22: 11:43pm On Jul 31, 2018
chiraqDemon:
I've been with working adults and I started noticing that all those 250k salaries are like fantasies to most people. The reality is that in this Nigeria it is hard to earn more than 100k, especially when you're working a government job at the state or local government level. Trying to set up a business out of that 60k salary will still stress the hell out of you cos sometimes you'll be making progress and other times it will seem like life is dragging you back.

The truth is that we have looked at the few with salaries of 200k upwards and we've started thinking that it is the average and standard salary, the truth is that when. You finish school, you will most likely end up with a job of less than 60k sef, and it will take long for you to earn a promotion that will get you above 100k salary.

The only thing you can do is use you brain to manage the 60k salary, develop a saving habit and learn money management. And also as a guy, don't marry a slay queen that thinks that the things she sees on social media are reality. Real people, majority of people, are not on social media, they can't afford to be cos they are hustling.

And also as a woman, don't let social media standards cloud your view of real life, get your own source of income and support yourself, learn to remember that this is reality and not some fantasy land where you'll be earning 5million just from waking up and being pretty.

Most civil servants are earning around or below 60k, still pull tithe out of there(for Christians), transport to work for the month right there,feed with the money, pay rent with the Money and are still happily married, send their kids to schools they can afford.

Once again, real life and reality are far off from what you see on social media.

The people on social media either do not work(kids that collect data money from their parents), or are the minority few of the general population that can afford to be there. The rest are out hustling to make things good for their families, don't stay where you are and think social media is real life.
God must bless you.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by Elxandre(m): 11:44pm On Jul 31, 2018
akpunda86:

Haha ha I love this thread.Guy MARRIAGE OPENS WAYS.Yeah must say was not easy.Rember how painful was when I sold our car.only car.not that we were not eating but I wanted to venture into something new.I did scrap iron biZ never worked.pray u get a good wife.NOT EVERYWOMAN IS MEANT TO BE A WIFE BUT U GET A GOOD WIFE GUY ILL EXCEL VICE VERS.

I later ventured into engineering consultancy and construction, INFACT as I was working in lagos,I tender for jobs in East and one favoured me and I quickly resigned,,packed my bags and left lagos and today is been God all the way.

I'm not trying to brag guys but wanna tell u that u can marry no matter how much u earn,go for a woman of same taste unless......u living in a room and it gradually coming up and unwanna marry u look for a big chic in lekki.HEY BIRDS OF SAME FEATHER FLOCK TOGEDA UNLESS U D LUCKY GUY THAT GOOD IN LIES.

LOVE U ALL

Marriage doesn't open doors.
Your isolated case is not a proof of that.
I have an uncle who tried it and got burnt badly.

I'm tired of people peddling this unproven theory, just because they got lucky.

13 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jul 31, 2018
Why would you be thinking marriage when you aren't financially capable. It all depends on a lot of factors including location, type of job and your age. But if your still very young you should be thinking of more income streams.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jul 31, 2018
grin

A lot of people married with less. It depends.
Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by msylva2147(m): 11:47pm On Jul 31, 2018
chiraqDemon:
I've been with working adults and I started noticing that all those 250k salaries are like fantasies to most people. The reality is that in this Nigeria it is hard to earn more than 100k, especially when you're working a government job at the state or local government level. Trying to set up a business out of that 60k salary will still stress the hell out of you cos sometimes you'll be making progress and other times it will seem like life is dragging you back.

The truth is that we have looked at the few with salaries of 200k upwards and we've started thinking that it is the average and standard salary, the truth is that when. You finish school, you will most likely end up with a job of less than 60k sef, and it will take long for you to earn a promotion that will get you above 100k salary.

The only thing you can do is use you brain to manage the 60k salary, develop a saving habit and learn money management. And also as a guy, don't marry a slay queen that thinks that the things she sees on social media are reality. Real people, majority of people, are not on social media, they can't afford to be cos they are hustling.

And also as a woman, don't let social media standards cloud your view of real life, get your own source of income and support yourself, learn to remember that this is reality and not some fantasy land where you'll be earning 5million just from waking up and being pretty.

Most civil servants are earning around or below 60k, still pull tithe out of there(for Christians), transport to work for the month right there,feed with the money, pay rent with the Money and are still happily married, send their kids to schools they can afford.

Once again, real life and reality are far off from what you see on social media.

The people on social media either do not work(kids that collect data money from their parents), or are the minority few of the general population that can afford to be there. The rest are out hustling to make things good for their families, don't stay where you are and think social media is real life.
my brother if you want to know the reality of things just go councils, schools and some shop attendants and ask them how much they pay them then you will know that someone earning 60k is in luxury. my salary is less than 60k but I'm married with a kid and my daughter is attending a better school I have three cars and I have built my own house for the past three years. Life is all about planning, I pity those who are saying if you are earning 60k you shouldn't marry until you become a millionaire. Earning above that 60k you only be disturbing yourself to please people otherwise 60k is good pay, and besides those graduates moving up and down with files they should ask them how much is their starting target of salary?

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jul 31, 2018
grin

A lot of people married with less. It depends.
Kids full NL sha. See comments.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by ayusco85(m): 11:48pm On Jul 31, 2018
Earthbound:

Good luck with that.

Never measure your existence by someone else's. Why should you time your life on another person's clock?

I like Ur reasoning. All men with pride shld reason like you.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by kalu61(m): 11:49pm On Jul 31, 2018
chronique:
i dont think it's a good idea to try that. my monthly earnings beats that almost xyz times and i still go broke and i'm single and i don't spend lavishly... that 60k alone is my cost of fueling my gen and paying nepa bill alone per month. fueling of car/transportation,feeding,telephone bills,etc, isn't part of it. so,how would i cope with raising a family on that budget? but then again,life is in phases and men are in sizes. there are still some people who can cope wiith that and the state where a person lives in,depends. but if i have to advice any young man who wants to live a quality life,i'd simply say: "dont try it".
60k on fuel alone and still go broke. Mehn na banana island u de stay. With that i guess you earn above 120k and its not enough for you. Well, your standard sha

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by fyneguy: 11:50pm On Jul 31, 2018
I am not sure I will ask a M60k-earner to get married.

accommodation, feeding, medicals, kids etc? mba o

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by kalu61(m): 11:51pm On Jul 31, 2018
msylva2147:
my brother if you want to know the reality of things just go councils, schools and some shop attendants and ask them how much they pay them then you will know that someone earning 60k is in luxury. my salary is less than 60k but I'm married with a kid and my daughter is attending a better school I have three cars and I have built my own house for the past three years. Life is all about planning, I pity those who are saying if you are earning 60k you shouldn't marry until you become a millionaire. Earning above that 60k you only be disturbing yourself to please people otherwise 60k is good pay, and besides those graduates moving up and down with files they should ask them how much is their starting target of salary?
Let me have your budget for the month. I must be wasting waiting for 6 digit o
Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by Seunnzy(m): 11:51pm On Jul 31, 2018
is it that girls are now reasonable or that they are tired of catching bouquet at their friends wedding ?cos most are just being reasonable tonight

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by simaustine: 11:52pm On Jul 31, 2018
you will be using walking stick while your children are in primary school
Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by Barney11: 11:52pm On Jul 31, 2018
I married when I was earning lesser than that but I earn 12times my start off salary,a man must hustle you know,i don't depend on my salary,i invest,and I am happy I have a lady who takes marriage as a partnership in growing kids in a lovely respected environment.Life is not about expensive clothes and heavy makeup.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by chiraqDemon(m): 11:53pm On Jul 31, 2018
Just2endowed2:

Best comments ever. God bless you.

I'm just saying it as it really is. Jah bless you too bro

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by overseasnbeyond: 11:55pm On Jul 31, 2018
SureBozz:
Dear ladies, if you meet a young promising guy who is earning a monthly salary of N60,000 and wants to marry you, would you accept to marry him if he really loves you?
Foolishness is when you think of financial worth before getting married. Why not build the future together instead of looking for a built world you know nothing about.
Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by ImaIma1(f): 11:55pm On Jul 31, 2018
Silentscreamer:
Love ur comment. Some peeps just hastily get married out of passion and society pressure without giving a thought as regards the kids they'll bring into dis wicked world to come and suffer.

Yeah. People are quick to see it from the part of the woman...not wanting to marry a supposed "broke" guy as they usually term it.

But they fail to look at it from the guy's part...if he can even handle it when push comes to shove.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by kingBenedict: 11:56pm On Jul 31, 2018
Dvin:
Wow! so a lady can say this. Good news for men like me.
Do not be deceived...

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by msylva2147(m): 11:57pm On Jul 31, 2018
donkaz2:

U lied
he lied about what exactly?
Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by histemple: 11:58pm On Jul 31, 2018
dollytino4real:
Not the salary dat matas, does he give happily? He can earn one billion and can not give

You need both Jesus and Mohammed together with their mothers and all the disciples to join hands and pray for you.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by openmine(m): 11:58pm On Jul 31, 2018
OboOlora:

Empire kor Power ni
Build an empire with him and then when he’s made, he will Ubi Franklin u and dump u after one kid to be sleeping around
Better marry rich n invest when he still has money so u can dump his sorry ass when he’s broke cos most of them are wasteful modafokaz in Nigeria!
I totally disagree with this stale and subjective ideology!
For your info,not every guy dumps a lady after they have made it rich together!
Just because a individual did something wrong or bad is no premise to label an entire gender with such!
Well,i guess that your own opinion and you are entitled to it!
Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by chronique(m): 11:59pm On Jul 31, 2018
pocohantas:

shocked

yes o. i do an average of 1500/night for fuel alone. engine oil and other small small buy this and that and pay gen repairer isn't there. almost every month,they must come and repair something on it. cost of repair last month sef was over 30k. now i'm thinking of buying half engine again for the gen. prepaid units on a 3 phase meter on the average per month is around 6k. sometimes more than that when power supply is better. this is the cost of not living in a place where power supply is regular. i dont think i get up to 10 hrs supply of electricity daily.
Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by shatta419: 11:59pm On Jul 31, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:
Never. That's a suicide attempt. Even if I earn all the money in the world, I will never settle for less. I used to believe in starting small, but as it is now, I've re-strategized. Some men are just too complacent to step out of their comfort zone. We have to be very comfortable to get married. Marriage isn't a child's play.
May u get d type u deserve..
they're fvckinq rare, mind u.
Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by rhames(m): 12:00am On Aug 01, 2018
SureBozz:
Dear ladies, if you meet a young promising guy who is earning a monthly salary of N60,000 and wants to marry you, would you accept to marry him if he really loves you?

Why ask this question? For God's Sake are you going to tie your life and future to the salary and earnings of your spouse? How much are you earning to supplement your future spouse income? How much is your potential income apart from regular salary income? Have you factored that a woman in any relationship bears the larger brunt of managing the family than the man? You are not talking about how much you are going to invest out of the N60k and how much to save and how many kids are you going to have or how many wives your husband is going to marry or is married to? Is your spouse the frugal but saving and focussed type or the extravagant type? Ask this questions and get answers first before you agree to marry that man.

From the way you asked this question, its like you have raised your standard sio high that only someone living at Asokoro, Maitama,Garki 2, Wuse2 , Victoria Island, Lekki Peninsula, Chevron drive and high brow areas or GRA in the country can marry you. Your type no be for Ajepako but for Ajebo.

Good luck in ya search.
Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:00am On Aug 01, 2018
Dvin:
Wow! so a lady can say this. Good news for men like me.
Don't let them deceive you.
That reminds me of an article on nairaland of a guy whose wife made a comment like that and they got married. Few months later the wife changed completely and the guy was seeking advice on what to do.
Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by Acidosis(m): 12:02am On Aug 01, 2018
Kizz Daniel's song comes to mind.. No go dey do pass yourself

As far as you're not doing more than your capability, you would be fine. To start with, you need to marry a woman that fits into your current budget (don't go and make future promises about how you would become the next Dangote).

No do pass yourself, don't go and be borrowing and fueling cars to show off, or struggling to belong to the class of vehicle owners. Stay within your budget and don't be envious, aspire greatness but don't pretend to be who you're not.

You use public buses and train in the US/UK but when you get to Lagos, you act as though buses and BRTs are meant for cemetery workers, so you engage everyday Uber on top your 100k ($300) monthly salary?

You can cope with almost any salary from 60k in Nigeria as far as you live your own life (not someone else's definition of what life should be). It is even easier to survive with a reformed and focused man who earns 60k than a six digit earner with a poverty mindset.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by OboOlora(f): 12:02am On Aug 01, 2018
openmine:

I totally disagree with this stale and subjective ideology!
For your info,not every guy dumps a lady after they have made it rich together!
Just because a individual did something wrong or bad is no premise to label an entire gender with such!
Well,i guess that your own opinion and you are entitled to it!
Drink water and have a cold shower , ok?

Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by chronique(m): 12:04am On Aug 01, 2018
kalu61:
60k on fuel alone and still go broke. Mehn na banana island u de stay. With that i guess you earn above 120k and its not enough for you. Well, your standard sha

i'm not staying in banana island. i'm staying somewhere on the mainland where power supply is bad and i rely more on generator for electricity. gen is a big gen and sort of consumes fuel. so whatever fuel i put in it,runs till the gen goes off midnight or they restore power.
Re: Ladies, Will You Marry A Guy Earning N60,000 Monthly Salary? by histemple: 12:04am On Aug 01, 2018
OboOlora:

Empire kor Power ni
Build an empire with him and then when he’s made, he will Ubi Franklin u and dump u after one kid to be sleeping around
Better marry rich n invest when he still has money so u can dump his sorry ass when he’s broke cos most of them are wasteful modafokaz in Nigeria!

Honestly, as a certified psychological counsellor, I feel very touched by your emotional outburst here. This can only be the result of bad experience.

But the goodnews is that everybody is not the same. And you must unlock your and purify your mind to enable you try again.

Until that is done, it may be a little difficult for you to maintain a healthy relationship.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Lady's Wig Falls During 'No Hand Kissing Challenge' / Prophet Zagabe Chiluza Marries 4 Virgins At Once / Oyinbo Man Does Press-up As His Fiancee Rests On Him In Pre-wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.