Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,815 members, 7,813,689 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

73O9's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 73O9's Profile / 73O9's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 11 pages)

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 73O9: 2:38pm On Feb 22
Tvickie:
Her job offer is valid so I think she's good then. Thank you

Do note she bolded two things which are Canadian experience and offer letter.
Your friend was invited through health not CEC, meanwhile the offer letter is for CEC. Or did she also state Canadian experience in her profile?
I might be wrong but look through that opinion too.
Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 73O9: 10:21pm On Dec 14, 2023
TheModerator:

There's no where in the world that a driver will do a 20 minute pickup if it's not going to profit him. Only a fool will do that with all smiles. Drivers over there make a lot more than here with far better condition of service. The sad part is that fuel price in Nigeria is about half of what it's being sold in Ontario but fares are worlds apart from each other.

Where in Lagos will you see map that crystal clear? You may still need to pass lots of hurdle even before reaching a street next to you. So you can't blame drivers who frown at long pickups.

You should have known better as a veteran. Una wey dey live abroad have a way of being cocky and cheeky. You all just assume you have landed in heaven the moment you get there.

This was a post made last here, I didn't talk like someone who has made it then . But the moment I made it known about location change, it's something else.

https://www.nairaland.com/2653841/uber-partner-lagos-please-share/4450#110099875

Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 73O9: 9:50pm On Dec 14, 2023
Using this trip as an example, the actual fare is different from the taxes charged.
And uber will still take more than about 25% or more as I've heard.

Drivers still make money in Nigeria but it was Bolt that brought down the standard to what's being experienced now.

Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 73O9: 9:43pm On Dec 14, 2023
TheModerator:

There's no where in the world that a driver will do a 20 minute pickup if it's not going to profit him. Only a fool will do that with all smiles. Drivers over there make a lot more than here with far better condition of service. The sad part is that fuel price in Nigeria is about half of what it's being sold in Ontario but fares are worlds apart from each other.

Where in Lagos will you see map that crystal clear? You may still need to pass lots of hurdle even before reaching a street next to you. So you can't blame drivers who frown at long pickups.

You should have known better as a veteran. Una wey dey live abroad have a way of being cocky and cheeky. You all just assume you have landed in heaven the moment you get there.

We have a lot to do as individuals. My comments here are just like everyone else's comments. You post about what you experience daily while I also posted about what I experienced severally. So if my comments trigger you, sorry there's nothing I can do about it.

And those that think drivers make money abroad unlike Nigeria, join a Facebook group of drivers in those countries and see how they complain about the fares.

If my post meant the bolded part in your comment to you, go and hug a live transformer.

5 Likes

Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 73O9: 11:05pm On Dec 13, 2023
Gentlelife50:

I was thinking this is Lagos all the while, been wondering the area that the map will be.

It's the new Lagos. You must have been left behind in the old Lagos.
Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 73O9: 9:19pm On Dec 13, 2023
Pearl1910:

Typical Nigerian that has travelled abroad.
Easily throws Nigerians under the bus without considering other factors and conditions unique to us here.

The message must have been misinterpreted, maybe I should have said, " I wonder how they still keep a happy mood after a long pickup ".

I drove and I know how I used to feel with long pickups but these guys will drive more than 10km to pickup and still not frown.

5 Likes

Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 73O9: 12:49pm On Dec 13, 2023
PuZZyNegro:
I couldn't get the bonus yesterday because of all these useless long pickup trips.

Imagine being at Kudirat Abiola Way and Bolt is asking me to go to Isaac John to carry someone to the same Isaac John.

We complain in Nigeria about long pickup while I have requested several times where drivers will come from around my destination, yet they will be with all smiles when they arrive. Although, I always tip them whenever they come from far places.

This screenshot was taken late but see how far he is to me. I'm going on a 15 mins ride but pickup is about 13 mins.

Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 73O9: 7:53pm On Nov 23, 2023
Conner44:
After voting in their emilokan and fighting off all others from coming out to cast their own votes they have decided to dump their winner and his yeye win to run away from what they helped to build.

Okay oh. No wahala. The God of karma is always one step ahead of all of una grin

Ghen ghen ghen!!!
They voted their choice yet want to run away.

Everybody go chop breakfast, I only pity those who didn't vote emilokan.

4 Likes

Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 73O9: 5:05am On Oct 21, 2023
donbrowser:

2nd political post from Baaz without anybody complaining about it.

I still dey here dey mind my business

Come on guy, try to have a little conscience.
Everything ti daru, gbogbo nkan ti daru, pressure ti wa, and it's not a joking matter.

This exchange issue affect all parts of the economy, no one will escape it even if they don't deal with FX.

I changed NGN to CAD in June at 575, anyone that wants to change now will need 880, just in 4 months?!!!.

Please try to have be mindful of others when they express their displeasure even if you have sold your conscience.

6 Likes 1 Share

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 73O9: 4:47pm On Oct 20, 2023
ezegold4we:
Good day Honourable s,
Pls we need ur suggestion, contributions and advice on This Mail from a Canadian employer, this mail was sent to my sister and they are demanding For $1230 Canadian dollars, below is the mail,

Dear precious johnson,,, with passport number: xxxxxx,

Congratulations, we are pleased to inform you that your application for employment has been approved by LEDCOR GROUP.
Department: Hospitality,
Location: 2 International Blvd #200, Etobicoke, ON M9W 1A2, Canada

Position: kitchen assistant.

Your appointment date for biometric exercise is scheduled below,
Time 11:00AM prompt
13th, November, 2023.

Requirements:
All necessary documents for a quick review.

All applicants are to pay the sum of CAD$1,230 in two series also known as in two dimensions for your biometric which includes (Voice Recognition, Fingerprint Scanning, Facial Recognition, Iris Recognition and Heart-Rate Sensors.),

Accommodation over there for you and your kids, medical (covid-19/omicron test) and others, from now till 24/10/2023.

NOTE: the necessary payments must be made and confirmed to the financial secretary before the deadline given, to avoid disqualification.

Please also note you are to observe the protocols of covid-19 while coming, cover your nose mask and practise social distance. Please do not involve your self in any form of bribe at the Gate while coming in, thank you.

SIGN: MGT.

Just don't think twice about it, it's a scam.
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 73O9: 4:46pm On Oct 20, 2023
braine:

This looks like a scam. Please run.

This looks like a scam OR it's a SCAM!

2 Likes

Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 73O9: 1:32am On Oct 07, 2023
kanuisagoat:
Okay, no more screenshots in October. Editing takes two months to complete. Expect the next one in November wink

And cry harder wink

You are bigger than this Kanu, you don't have to get down to that level to prove a point.
Remember," a dog that follows a goat will also eat grass" and " when a sane man and a mad man talk, you won't know who's sane between them".

8 Likes

Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 73O9: 7:31pm On Aug 23, 2023
ReadaDream:
E be like say na him o. Make I go check him out.
Thanks boss

YeyeGbami:

Bro shey nor be 7309 you dey find that time? e b lyke say na him japa recently go Canada.

cool cool cool
Travel / Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 73O9: 7:54pm On Aug 04, 2023
Viking07:
Update about this guy.

He has refused to pick several video calls to verify his claims instead he prefers typing.

I don’t know how he got all the documents he posted earlier on but this smells like a scam. We’ve blocked & deleted him from the group.

Cc @ednut1

He might be genuine, I gave him a call after I saw your update.
He said he was in a bank trying to get credit when he got the video call, I laughed and told him credit doesn't work that way.

He can be tried again but should be done carefully as people tend to take people's kindness for granted.
Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 73O9: 7:16pm On Jun 18, 2023
Pearl1910:

Bro, I don't want to argue salary or ehailing income but what I want to ask is have u been told all d challenges involved in migrating and living in Canada? Cos what u said about not telling all d challenges involved in ehailing sounds childish, ridiculous and irritating.
I pray u will not cry from Canada that they didn't tell u all that's involved sha including the challenges.
Cos as a grown up man u shouldn't be sounding like this.

Hope you know it’s when people talk about their experience you learn from it. There are good and there are bad, I see no reasons why it turns offensive when countering others opinions.
There are threads all over the internet including NL talking about life elsewhere while I also have immediate families, you learn the good and bad from what it’s being said. So I understand challenges to be faced.
Why remain offensive when opinions differ still baffles me? cry cry

11 Likes

Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 73O9: 6:38pm On Jun 18, 2023
Raw2:
...but you're a full grown man with a penis, how do you expect to be spoonfed everything at your age? The Canada you've escaped to, are you expecting everything to be rosy and exactly as you have been told?

When challenges come in Canada, will you complain and look for who to blame in the travel section where you got your information?

Make una dey use una brain abeg

I would have ignored your post as it contains offensive words, I don’t like responding to such posts.
Where in my post was it stated that the complains were for people to spoon-feed them?
And those are against the driving have only asked people to look beyond driving. I was doing great before buhari happened, moved on by driving on Uber. I knew what I said when I said I wasn’t lazy, I drove beyond 70 hrs weekly while I was on the platform, but my point remains - the income doesn’t equate the efforts put on the job.

And your post regarding my traveling shows envy.

PS: I didn’t know it was you cheerful, if not, I wouldn’t have responded to your post.
It was after responding to you I went through your profile.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 73O9: 5:54pm On Jun 18, 2023
Glithronix:

Abi oooh.
Everybody should just maintain their champion abeg.
I just hope they would let the matter die like that, make motivations dey flow and encourage and educate us on how to run the hustle profitably.
Much respect, boss.

Hehehe dey play.
Look at it this way;
Someone was motivated by dashboards and resigned from his job, remember he wasn’t told the challenges involved, only the earnings.
There was someone that was advised to drop his 80k job which is very understandable wasn’t enough but letting people know the challenge involved is very important. He started having challenges within weeks up to the moment he regretted leaving his 80k job- this happened right on this thread. But the people that advised him left him to his fate.

Making it look as if it’s a bed of roses is wrong and those who complain that the job is not ok for them aren’t wrong. Different people with what they desire.
I wasn’t a lazy person when driving but the income didn’t equate the effort exacted on it. So you should expect someone like me to complain.

11 Likes 1 Share

Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 73O9: 9:09am On Jun 17, 2023
konkoabove:
Please bosses, how does ICM gate ticket really work? One time like that, I spent 5 minutes at the parking lot and they charged me 200. The other time, I spent more than 5 minutes, it was free. Abeg I'm confused

It's a flat fee during weekends and public holidays while first one hour other days is N200.

3 Likes

Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 73O9: 9:08am On Jun 17, 2023

14 Likes

Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 73O9: 9:45pm On Jun 15, 2023
Gentlelife50:

You never see anything, shey you were the one deceiving us here and we didn't take the job serious thinking you were with us only to use ehailing money to Japa.

Hard I know always come at last, I should have listened to pearl and cheerful, pope add more fire don't pity him, let him suffocate.
Shey I should bring the gala and bigi now or is it eggs you want? For more power.
grin cheesy grin

grin grin grin it's the cruise here that makes me check this thread.
I could remember those time when my wife would see me smiling while holding my phone, she would know it can't be more than this thread.

10 Likes

Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 73O9: 11:58pm On Jun 14, 2023
BAZ001:

God bless you baba…
They will still ask you how did you do it, come and narrate everything here.

Na d same nairaland travel section I take get more info too.

CONGRATULATIONS… you go just fresh and fat up in 2months just watch

Fat up keh? That means I want to injure myself health-wise if I try that when considering my age.
Staying healthy is very important.

2 Likes

Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 73O9: 11:56pm On Jun 14, 2023
pope191:

Hmmm, it is well. Dec 2021, you don leave us long time ago. Did you take the IELTS exams?

Certainly, you need to have a language test done and evaluate your education.
Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 73O9: 5:42pm On Jun 14, 2023
pope191:

Ha! How many drivers come remain like this? grin just for jokes. Congratulations boss.

As much as I don't know the fund used in processing this, I'll still hit on the needless argument here. The hustle obviously won't be the best thing for a man, but for a starting? Yes! One can make something out of it. The hustle will make you appreciate life, efforts and money. There's nothing I dislike than when I see young able person say he doesn't have what to do. This hustle don't demand much than focus.

Congratulations boss. Hope the ones out there like you won't stop to give the ones seeking for such tips on how to go about it.

Best of all again.

I wanted to write a long epistle as a reply, but in summary, the driving did not contribute a dime except to make living worse. Moreover, I have stopped driving since Dec 2021.

18 Likes 1 Share

Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 73O9: 5:31pm On Jun 14, 2023
vivalavida:

Congratulations bro

northbird:

Congratulations...

Pearl1910:

Congratulations...

Thank you

1 Like

Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 73O9: 1:17pm On Jun 14, 2023
Viewing from a lovely place this wonderful cold morning. My family and I are here as PRs which was accomplished without the help of an agent, the travel section has all needed to get it done.

21 Likes 1 Share

Business / Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 73O9: 9:00am On Jun 07, 2023
dapotemi:

But one thing is not right, the insult, curse, using obscene language against people you don't know, whom you may never see, is absurd..Pls, let's end it, it drives normal people away from here, leaving only lunatic...Don't be the last man standing in a psychiatric ward!

These feel weird to me, and I don't understand how convenient it is to be done.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 11 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.