Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

8BitGee's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 8BitGee's Profile / 8BitGee's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 14 pages)

Foreign Affairs / Re: China Deploys Nuclear Missiles, Tanks, Heavy Military Equipment To Taiwan Border by 8BitGee(m): 9:57pm On Aug 02, 2022
The Chinese were silly to openly challenge the US like that. It's better to handle such issues diplomatically and both sides would have saved face.

They can't do shyte and they don't own Taiwan in the first place, so they can f off.

Complain about the US as much as you like, but the Chinese are more heavy handed and crass when in power.

2 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Nigerians Have Thrown Away Competence, Capacity - APC by 8BitGee(m): 9:37am On Aug 01, 2022
Says Emilokan. Bunch of jokers.
Politics / Re: Peter Obi Spotted At Dunamis Night Prayer Crusade With Pastor Enenche by 8BitGee(m): 12:14pm On Jul 30, 2022
SmartPolician:
The next stop: Salvation Ministries, House on the Rock, and Omega Fire Ministries. He also needs to visit other popular churches in the north and Uma Ukpai.

Muslims cannot be tossing presidency among themselves, yet giving us bad leadership. Therefore, Christians in Nigeria deserve to have a taste of Aso Rock with a leader with a strong, visionary leadership dexterity. Nigeria is a secular, egalitarian society for a reason.

Peter Obi is doing his bit.
Dear voter, play your part.
Then let's allow God to perfect everything.

Labour Party is a goal!

Know who your enemies are. It's not about Muslims, trust me poverty knows no religion! As a Muslim, I'm happy to hear about the Peter Obi revolution going on. We all need fair and competent leaders regardless of their tribe or religion.

There's also no gain in excluding Muslims or the people of other religions and other Nigerians from this revolution. Peter Obi is going to be the NIGERIAN president.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Shettima Down-Plays Restructuring, Suggests Good Governance Instead (2017) by 8BitGee(m): 7:10pm On Jul 28, 2022
Mynd44:

He didn't lie sha.

This guy cannot just hide his obvious bias and Seun is to be blamed. People that see white and call it black shouldn't be moderators on any forum talk more on this.
Education / Re: ASUU Blames Peter Obi For South East Strike (2010) by 8BitGee(m): 12:27pm On Jul 24, 2022
Imagine putting a 2010 thread with no comments and a broken source link on the front-page. The smear campaign is strong!

It has to be Mynd.

158 Likes 10 Shares

Politics / Re: Photo: Yusuf Buhari Visits Bola Tinubu by 8BitGee(m): 2:12am On Jul 23, 2022
omenka:
Obidient IPOB terrorists must have a thing or two to tell us about his appearance. They hate those they can't conquer and love those who are easily swayed by their bullying.

Yorubas, you must protect this man with all you've got. He's one of the very few buffers between your nation and those who wish to see your tribe destroyed. Endsars should have taught you some hard lesson.

Pocket your advice Mr political charlatan. Yorubas are diverse. We truly know who the person you're marketing is. Even the ones that will vote for him for ethnic and religious bigotry or selfish financial interests know who he is.

Airi Eeyan ni a n pe Aja ni awe - It is only in the absence of a human being, that a dog is addressed as Mr.

2 Likes

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Bahrain Jobs With High Salary by 8BitGee(m): 2:34pm On Jul 22, 2022
I literally just read this on the front-page. Abeg o!

"A kidney now costs 262,000 dollars (131 million CFA francs); the heart costs 119,000 dollars (60 million CFA francs) and the liver costs 157,000 dollars (79 million CFA francs).

"Beware of fake foreign agencies promising to make you work abroad. They process your papers, pay your plane ticket and just take you abroad pretending they want to find you a job, but instead, they kill their victims, recover all the precious parts of their bodies.

"Many people have been offered jobs in the Middle East and so far their families have been unable to locate them,”
the UN alert read.

https://www.nairaland.com/7241171/kidney-now-costs-262000-heart

4 Likes

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by 8BitGee(m): 10:39pm On Jul 20, 2022
He'll earn far more than that in the UK for sure. I know people who earned a similar salary in Nigeria. It makes no meaning as you'll ply the same bad roads, require generators, be robbed by the police and armed robbers alike. The difference in the quality of life is incomparable.

His children will now have a better shot at life courtesy of living in a saner country with better public infrastructure, health care and education. Also, as an individual, he has more inalienable rights in the UK than his country of birth, take a second to digest that.

Even if you want to go by salary alone, it's more than a 2/3s increment.

7 Likes

Travel / Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by 8BitGee(m): 5:44pm On Jul 20, 2022
mrsoba:
This is what i mean. See attachment. There's long stay join family, there's join family. Rather confusing.

I asked, my wife selected the plain Join Family.

When you submit your application through AVATS, I believe you should see options for Long Stay (D) with reason for travel being "Join Family (Non-EEA nat.)(spouse)".

1 Like

Travel / Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by 8BitGee(m): 2:35pm On Jul 20, 2022
mrsoba:
Hello, please i'm trying to apply to join my husband in Ireland. He is a critical skill permit holder. I'm trying to apply from the Abuja Visa office but on their application page, it have two options: Join family and Long stay join family. No slots available for the long stay join family. Please is there a difference between the two because Lagos office has only Join family displayed on their page? The customer care isn't helpful. they said there are no slots but couldn't tell me if there was a difference. I sent an email, the response on the mail is different. The mail said i should use microsoft browser and it's working but it's not. I keep sending them a mail and response is same. please i need help thank you.

Hi, please refer to the below. The embassy uses a Visa Application Center (VAC) provider called VFS.

I have attached the Department of Justice guidance page on Family reunification for all categories. https://www.irishimmigration.ie/coming-to-join-family-in-ireland/joining-an-irish-national/join-family-visa/

The guide contains the most exhaustive requirements for the application and it is regularly updated. You'll find the online Irish visa application form AVATS on the page too.

Visa applications are submitted to the embassy through VFS. The step-by-step guide to submitting your application can be found here https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/irl/apply-visa
Travel / Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by 8BitGee(m): 2:34pm On Jul 15, 2022
movedup:
My partner and i have been traditionally married for 10 years without proper documentation or marriage license. We have 3 children together but apart from their birth certificates and our bank statement as proof of our relationship, there is nothing else.

He has been offered a full sponsored tier 2 visa to the U.K and we have been asked to submit 6 documents each as proof of residence and all I have to proof my residence with him in the same house is only my driver's license. I am a stay at home mom. what do we do?

thank you

What you have is what is called cohabitation. It is not specifically known in law. However, you could benefit from registration of a civil partnership if you don't want to be married. Here, civil partnership is closest to marriage and a lot of people prefer it because it straddles both ends.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/family/living-together-marriage-and-civil-partnership/living-together-and-marriage-legal-differences/

1 Like

Politics / Re: The SW Seriously Owes The Entire South And Northern Christians An Apology... by 8BitGee(m): 7:49am On Jul 12, 2022
Not SW, Tinubu and APC. Dem get name, call them.
Politics / Re: Rashidi Ladoja: There Is Nothing Wrong With A Muslim-muslim Ticket by 8BitGee(m): 8:46pm On Jul 09, 2022
I'm a Muslim and he's a shameless liar. Only fools will fall for these lies. They will burn the country down if there was ever a Christian-Christian ticket. In fact, the North will rather vote for a cow than vote a Christian only ticket.

3 Likes

Family / Re: My Wife Wants Kids But Does Not Want Sex. by 8BitGee(m): 10:09pm On Jul 08, 2022
My ex behaved like this. She's sweet and sexy with 38G boobs (just to show how attractive she is). Damn, she is bossy, domineering and always said some of the things your wife would say.

She didn't dictate when we would have sex directly, she would orchestrate quarrels to prevent it, she always wanted to dictate positions, wasn't submissive, hated spontaneity and that made sex a chore. The days we had mind blowing sex, the work I had put into the relationship and her other good qualities kept me in the relationship.

It eventually fell through against my wishes, but in hindsight, maybe it was God saving me from a lifetime of sadness.

Speak heart to heart with your wife man, try as hard as you can to save your marriage, take it as God's will if it doesn't work out.
Politics / Re: Fashola's Attempt To "School" Peter Obi Gone Wrong by 8BitGee(m): 5:30am On Jul 03, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
E get as political Afonjas dey think. Thank God Femi otedola my man isn't part of them

Stop being a petulant child. Stupidity like this will make Obi a SE candidate only, what is wrong with y'all? You can't be campaigning for votes with one side of your mouth and maligning fellow Nigerians with the other. Politics is a game of numbers and PO needs millions of people to win!

@OP, Fashola is right, however, it is all election time rhetoric. He did some good in Lagos but couldn't find his feet in the backward Buhari government. Folks are tired of the same APC/PDP politicians tossing us around like football.

It is madness to leave a pretender like Buhari for a brazen thief like Tinubu who's health is also clearly challenged.
Education / Re: The Best Thesis, Dissertation, And Assignments Writing Service In Nigeria by 8BitGee(m): 8:56am On Jun 27, 2022
Gosh. Imagine advertising sth this ethically depraved on the front-page of Africa's biggest forum! Seun is this right?

4 Likes

Phones / Re: Delete These Apps Immediately! by 8BitGee(m): 12:41pm On Jun 26, 2022
atheistandproud:

You're missing the point.

Imagine if I go to TikTok and complaining that their videos are too short. A platform for short videos.

Or going to a micro blogging site like Twitter and complaining that tweet's are too short.

If I want long posts, common sense should dictate that I go to FB, Reddit, Medium etc where I can find them.

If I want long videos, there's YouTube.

Every platform has a modus operandi. Even writer has a style.

Despite the obvious disrespect, I've given them good advice. They should head over there.

All the best so
Education / Re: Pictures Of One Of The Schools Tinubu Built In 2001 by 8BitGee(m): 11:47am On Jun 26, 2022
LeoDeKing:
As far as I'm concerned, the very fact that Tinubu is not supported by igbos is a million reason I support him.

It is not only Igbos, any sensible Nigerian (including a Yoruba person that is not a bastard) will know that jumping from an illiterate clannish failure to a thieving dope fiend who presented and marketed the failure is recipe for disaster.

Some bastards support Tinubu for the crumbs that drop from his stolen wealth (awon alatenuje), some are just plain dumb and others are both. Nonetheless, we are all Nigerians and your choice for leadership is your right, including that of the Igbos you choose to malign.

11 Likes 1 Share

Phones / Re: Delete These Apps Immediately! by 8BitGee(m): 11:35am On Jun 26, 2022
atheistandproud:

Skip the article and go away. I don't want you to read it anyway.

Stop letting everyone know that you have the attention span of a toddler.

Don't do that, as a tech blogger, you're also a businessman. You have just found an opportunity, plug into it by posting tiktok and other SM links when next you post. Your audience will pick whatever is easier to consume. The biggest tech bloggers MKBHD, Mrwhosetheboss, UnboxTherapy, LinusTechTips all understand this.

1 Like

Food / Re: FG To Prosecute Food Vendors Using Transformer Oil by 8BitGee(m): 5:43am On Jun 23, 2022
Is transformer oil that cheap, easily accessible and available?

Wow, people are greedy, wicked and demonic. No wonder life expectancy is so low in Nigeria!

21 Likes 1 Share

Foreign Affairs / Re: Grenoble Top Court Upholds Ban On Wearing Burkini In Municipal Swimming Pools by 8BitGee(m): 4:48pm On Jun 21, 2022
It's a dumb ruling, why must a court or the government legislate on what you wear? And to all places, the swimming pool! I know there's an anti-muslim sentiment in France at the moment which probably affected the ruling.

For those applauding this judgement, Muslim or Christian, as an African, you ain't shit to French people that are xenophobic.

1 Like

Travel / Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by 8BitGee(m): 11:24pm On Jun 20, 2022
Laisirepublic:
Hi guys ...have just been admitted to the Independent college Dublin and am for the September intake. Have used the form A to paid my school fees and the bank told me it whd be deducted in two weeks remaining a week now....My passport is due Dis June 22 buh have applied for anoda and my capture is July and hopefully I wud get the passport by July ending! I just want to ask if I can still apply and wud hear results before September from the embassy plus after application online is dia any interview that wud be conducted for us at the embassy! Thanks in advance

Bro, I'm not a grammar nazi, but what in god's name did you write? Gosh.
Education / Re: Nigeria Lady Has Successfully Jappered To Germany For Her Masters,Happy by 8BitGee(m): 3:32am On Jun 17, 2022
Congratulations and all the best with your studies. Take my advice or not, never put on those hideous shades again, made you look silly.

1 Like

Art, Graphics & Video / Re: Pause Before You Share - 16 Fake Viral Photos People Believed Were Real by 8BitGee(m): 7:50pm On Jun 12, 2022
RubiesBanking:
#1 Astronaut Smoking Marijuana In Space

It's safe to say that Chris Hadfield is one of the most beloved Astronauts there is. His incredible vlogs from space answered so many questions about life in zero gravity, from cleaning your teeth to sleeping, everything is different in space. Although this form of vlogging is very one-of-a-kind, you shouldn't think that this incredible guy would use any type of drugs while literally flying in space. In the real photo, Chris was actually just trying to surprise his co-workers with some Easter eggs!

Chris Hadfield is a legend. He has a YouTube channel currently being run by his son, Evan, who I recently discovered is a cannabis user.

https://youtube.com/c/RareEarthSeries
Politics / Re: Daddy Showkey Reacts As LP Factional Presidential Candidate Emerges by 8BitGee(m): 11:13am On Jun 09, 2022
Peter Obi needs to reach out to the North, politics is a game of numbers. He can't win from the South alone, unfortunately. He needs a strong and popular person as VP that will be loyal to him, else those APC & PDP snakes will undermine him.

More people from his party will also need to contest the local, gubernatorial and legislative elections in the different Geopolitical zones. He needs to present these like he would his management team in his companies. This will help him and them effectively project their candidacies.

Splash their faces on SM, billboards, etc. The legislative elections are very important because if he doesn't have support from there, he won't be able to do much. PDP & APC will always block his policies.

What is the ideology of their party. Notice APC and PDP don't have any because they're the same and have nothing to offer.

There's still a lot of work to do.
Travel / Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by 8BitGee(m): 9:49pm On Jun 04, 2022
Dwebb55:

The numbers are not indicative of the join family visa. It is more an indication of when you completed your online application. For those being treated in Dublin, they are currently treating those applications they received in mid February

Yes, I know this.
Travel / Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by 8BitGee(m): 10:37am On Jun 03, 2022
I lost someone close and dear in that flight and reading the report of the investigation again has me bawling my eyes out. He took me under his wings, and would mentor and chat me about my plans for the future. He was a senior manager at Unity bank. I wonder how his wife's been coping without him because they were so close, but it's a difficult thing to bring up with her.

Good people should never die such tragic deaths.

RIP Sir.

4 Likes

Romance / Re: UK Cost Of Rent Per Month by 8BitGee(m): 8:54pm On Jun 02, 2022
Ireland says hello. Average rent of a 2bed is €1,567. Average rent of a 2bed in Dublin is €1,972. This is per month by the way. Yeah, rent's paid monthly here.

2 Likes

Travel / Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by 8BitGee(m): 7:54am On Jun 01, 2022
Blueberry111112:
There was one case. The CSWP holder’s annual gross was between 30k to 35k (no children). Was refused for other reasons including insufficient fund.

Wow, that's tough. Did the person declare a good amount of savings as per section 17.5?
Travel / Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by 8BitGee(m): 4:27am On Jun 01, 2022
That'd be interesting, perhaps the only way to find out will be to ask someone who's recently been refused on the basis of insufficient POF.
Travel / Re: Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by 8BitGee(m): 8:05pm On May 31, 2022
Blueberry111112:
@8BitGee would you be able to confirm the income range of the critical skills work permit holder in this case. It will be helpful. I believe this also has a role to play in getting an approved or denied

Below is what the policy document on family reunification says for families with children.

Where Sponsor is non-EEA National

17.3 In the case of a non-EEA sponsor in CAT A, family reunification may take place prior to any earnings being accrued and the immigration status granted to the sponsor is such as to assume certain levels of income (e.g. Critical Skills Employment Permit holder or researcher) either immediately or in the future or on the basis that the sponsor falls into a category whose migration to Ireland is promoted as part of Government policy. However a sponsor must continue to meet the terms of the permission in order to maintain their own and the family’s entitlement to reside here and evidence of this must be provided by the sponsor at the time of the renewal of permission. In the case of Critical Skills Employment Permit holders and researchers this will include achieving the levels of earnings projected. For PhD students there are time limits applied to the study and academic progress must be demonstrated. This is in addition to the requirement that there be no recourse to social welfare payments. For immigration purposes it is assumed that any additional costs to the State such as those which may accrue from the education of the sponsor’s minor(s) are accepted.

17.5 Declared and verified savings by the applicant or sponsor may be taken into account in assessing cases which fall short of the income thresholds set out above. (A suggested approach would be to annualise the savings as income spread over a 5-10 year period). Alternatively, a nominal income may be determined based on the amounts involved.

17.6 The FIS does not apply in cases of couples where there are no children. Therefore, a minimum level of gross income in such cases would be - €30,000. This is the minimum salary for which an employment permit would issue. Families with children would require the following net incomes per week (based on FIS):-

1 child - €511
2 children - €612
3 children - €713
4 children - €834
5 Children - €960

The requirement for CSWP is €32k.

Who is eligible for a Critical Skills Employment Permit?

You (or the employer) can apply for a Critical Skills Employment Permit if you are offered a job that has either:

• An annual salary of at least €32,000 a year in an occupation that is on the Critical Skills Occupation List

• An annual salary of €64,000 a year in an occupation that is not on the list of ineligible occupations

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/moving_country/working_in_ireland/employment_permits/green_card_permits.html

The minimum I know an actual CSWP holder earns is €40k. All of the people I know that have gotten the visa earn above this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 14 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.