Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

8BitGee's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 8BitGee's Profile / 8BitGee's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 14 pages)

Health / Re: Why Are People Still Smoking After Reading This? (Pictures) by 8BitGee(m): 4:01pm On Jan 31, 2022
Romance / Re: Lady In Tears As US-Based Fiancé Dumps Her For Her Bestie A Week To Wedding by 8BitGee(m): 7:23pm On Dec 29, 2021
Mercychen:

Which money?
Most of them are taxi drivers, pizza delivery man and gutter cleaners. It's girls who don't have levels that want to die on top their neck.

Guys with cool bar na naija you go see them.

You're so right, you know, when we close from washing dead bodies, we resume at cleaning gutters in the afternoon and then deliver pizza by night, while using the other hand to drive taxis ... after all, there's dignity in labour here unlike in Nigeria.

11 Likes 1 Share

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: See The Response An Applicant Got From A Company by 8BitGee(m): 11:48am On Dec 29, 2021
A lot of silly inexperienced people on this thread. No matter what happens, you don't go off on an interviewer! It says a lot about you as a person and as an issue manager/problem solver.

Is this the way he'll address the company's clients when they slip up?! So unprofessional.

Further, it's a small world, you will meet those people in future. Lol
Romance / Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by 8BitGee(m): 11:33pm On Dec 22, 2021
toren:

I bet you still do.

Nah, I wished we had worked it out, but having tried to fix things several times without success, I grieved in own way and moved on.

1 Like

Romance / Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by 8BitGee(m): 5:13pm On Dec 22, 2021
SirMichael1:

If it wasn't infidelity issues, the it must have been am issue that stung her at the beginning. What was it? Physical abuse? Did you hit her? Ladies with good self esteem won't agree to walk into marriage with a man that slapped them at any point in a relationship.

No, I wouldn't raise my hands against a man, talk more of a lady I was passionately in love with. I tested her - I did a mock breakup over the phone just to see how she'd react. She took it quite well so I was heartbroken and I was quite taken by her reaction that I stupidly confessed it was a test. Biggest mistake ever!

At other times between 2017-2019, we had conflicts about her lifestyle - really late nights, she did a couple of disappearing acts for days - extreme living, really. Of course, I'd be mad and reprimand her whenever she returned. I have had a rather caustic tongue when wronged. I'm positive I have tamed this a lot. She'd turn around to say I didn't trust her. Frankly, I didn't place so much premium on these because I didn't have any reason to think she was being unfaithful. Nonetheless, I didn't like that lifestyle. She'd apologise for these and I'd apologise for lambasting her, then she'd do it the next time which could be next month or next week.

I felt she wasn't real and was trying to live a fake life because we were in Europe. We are family friends so I couldn't reconcile her behaviour with our upbringing.

7 Likes

Romance / Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by 8BitGee(m): 3:28pm On Dec 22, 2021
Yes, we started dating in 2016, did our introduction in 2018, and we were due to get married in 2019 after waiting so long, but the event had to be moved forward due to the pandemic. We were a power couple and people liked us together. Expensive gifts and surprises, flowers, romantic getaways to remote islands, it was a jolly ride.

Late in 2018, she started behaving funny which of course I objected to, perhaps too strongly. I guess she had cold feet because she said she wouldn't have considered marriage at all if not for me. Anyway, she started bringing up the issues we had in the beginning and had supposedly resolved. We hired a Nigerian-Canadian counselor who tried to help but my ex fought with the counselor in the end because she said "the counselor took my side".

I started exploring other options after this. And oh, we would have been married before 2019 if not that their side kept giving excuses to not hold the event. I guess she was ultimately not ready. I was the one that was ready to be married.

Needless to say, I was devastated. I can't say I was blameless in all. We didn't have infidelity issues, it was just behavioural differences. I loved her so much, I was willing to adjust, come to the middle and also get my concerns listened to.

I learnt a lot from the relationship and I'm happy that I'm a better man today.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Sports / Re: Ronaldo Is Building £7million Mansion For His Family's Use When He Retires by 8BitGee(m): 9:55am On Dec 21, 2021
Cascais is lovely, it has one of the most beautiful coastlines in Portugal/Europe. It's where the creme de la creme live, think Michael Ballack. So is Sintra, Estoril and Troia Peninsula.

1 Like

Travel / Irish Join Family Visa Enquiries Part 0 by 8BitGee(m): 2:41pm On Dec 18, 2021
Hi everyone,

I have created this thread separate from the general Irish visa thread so people who have gone through the Join-Family visa process can share their experiences to help current and future applicants.

Kindly share your personal experiences and comments on:

1. Your Join-family visa application experience.

2. The documents you submitted .

3. The peculiarities of your application (Critical Skill permit holders, Irish citizens, regular work permit holders, PhD students, etc).

4. The visa response timelines.

5. Travelling experience (Your journey to meet and receive your loved ones).

6. Life in Ireland in general - getting to know and settling in the beautiful country Ireland.

7. Etc etc.

I have attached the Department of Justice guidance page on Family reunification for all categories. https://www.irishimmigration.ie/coming-to-join-family-in-ireland/joining-an-irish-national/join-family-visa/

The guide contains the most exhaustive requirements for the application and it is regularly updated. You'll find the online Irish visa application form AVATS on the page too.

Visa applications are submitted to the embassy through VFS. The step-by-step guide to submitting your application can be found here https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/irl/apply-visa
Politics / Re: Osinbajo, Atiku, Tinubu: Who Would You Prefer As President Among The 3 In 2023? by 8BitGee(m): 10:54am On Dec 15, 2021
None.

Especially not Tinubu - he's old, corrupt and has nothing to offer. And before you APC lowlifes quote me, you can't be more Yoruba than I am.

1 Like

Investment / Re: See How Much I Got After Opening My Piggybank (Kolo) by 8BitGee(m): 11:42am On Dec 10, 2021
I wanted to ask what the OP does for a living until I read again and saw it was Gazzuzz. Na legit hustle smiley Bros, it should be more than that o

3 Likes

Travel / Re: Experience Of A Canada Bound Nigerian: The Shame Of A Nation. by 8BitGee(m): 8:38am On Dec 10, 2021
It is indeed embarrassing and it is one of the reasons why we keep getting put on the red countries list or subjected to outrageously expensive hotel quarantine schemes.

We often claim xenophobia when these things happen, however, honest observers know the extent of the corruption ingrained in the psyche of the average Nigerian. Marriage scams, forgery, get rich quick schemes, we have seen it all, it's despicable.

And please don't try to push the narrative that these ethical flaws only exists in Nigerians in Nigeria, my Nigerian passport expires next year and I have been saddened by the thoughts of having to interact with that embassy in Dublin because you know what.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Which Country Have You Visited? by 8BitGee(m): 9:00pm On Dec 07, 2021
14 countries

Benin, China, France, Germany, Ghana, Ireland, Netherlands, Nigeria, Portugal, Qatar, South Africa, Togo, UAE and UK.

3 Likes

Travel / Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by 8BitGee(m): 2:31pm On Dec 02, 2021
Lukedge4:
My wife has critical scheme thou , some of her colleague that’s the same critical scheme submitted their application and now it’s more than 10 months. Our own is just 3 months.
Have sent mails to her embassy , all what they reply is that my application is pending
What can I do please

Hi Lukedge4, as I mentioned before, I'm also in the Join family loop with my wife so I'll please like to contact you. Kindly reach out to me through my profile as I'm unable to email you at the moment. Thanks.

1 Like

Foreign Affairs / Re: EUROPE IN CRISIS: Anti-lockdown Protesters Clash With Cops (Pics, Video) by 8BitGee(m): 1:22pm On Nov 22, 2021
This guy is a doomsday preacher, he is on a mission to brainwash some unfortunate people into antisocial, ultra right lunacy. This is how QAnon and those other conspiracies troubling the world started - Anti-vax, anti-environment, xenophobia, anti-science, etc.

@Seun, we'd better watch him.
Family / Re: Married Women Are Becoming Too Unfaithful. Bring Back The Days Of 'magun' by 8BitGee(m): 7:33pm On Nov 20, 2021
Mood11:
What about the men

What method should the wives of the men with randy di¦cks deploy to keep them in check?
At least the women are not forcking themselves with their fingers

What is good for the goose is good for the gander cheesy

Not supporting magun, but the ladies don't sleep with themselves now, do they? Critical reasoning skills

2 Likes

Health / Re: How Do You Take Your Pills? (Pictures) by 8BitGee(m): 2:49pm On Nov 13, 2021
4 for caplets, tablets and soft gels. 1 for capsules.

Capsules are not designed to be eaten.

I was a sickly child, so chewing medicine or getting injections is no big deal.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs Responsible Political, Religious Leaders by 8BitGee(m): 2:43pm On Nov 13, 2021
Thank God you know, irresponsible vice president and fake pastor angry

1 Like

Education / Re: Have You Been Able To Recoup All Your School Fees Since You Graduated? by 8BitGee(m): 3:58pm On Nov 11, 2021
Yes, by some quick estimation, I have recouped my bachelor's degree tuition about x400. And the total expenses including living expenses about x110.
Travel / Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by 8BitGee(m): 8:09am On Oct 29, 2021
I know a few other people and myself that are in the same Irish Join family application shoes. What makes the whole psychological torture even more unbearable is the fact that they hold on to your passport the whole time. Imagine holding on to someone's passport for 6-12 months? Surely that's equivalent to asking the person to put their lives on hold! They cannot be with their loved ones, they cannot travel for work or go on holiday, they are just floating in limbo.
TV/Movies / Re: Academy Awards (Oscars) 2021- Full list of winners by 8BitGee(m): 10:31am On Apr 27, 2021
Congratulations to Jon Batiste and Daniel Kaluuya!
Politics / Re: George Nkencho: Nigerian Killed By Police In Ireland. Abike Demands For Justice by 8BitGee(m): 12:06am On Jan 01, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:

Where are you going to in Dublin.. Don't be scared bro.
Send me email then we'd talk.

@ikabasa1, don't contact this guy if you don't want to be scammed. From the crap he's written, he is the type of Nigerian you want to run away from abroad. And I honestly doubt he's ever left his village with his post history.

You'll be fine if you are not coming here to do anything illegal. You're welcome to Ireland.
Politics / Re: George Nkencho: Nigerian Killed By Police In Ireland. Abike Demands For Justice by 8BitGee(m): 11:42pm On Dec 31, 2020
Odewaleadesoye:
There are many things people don't understand about living in abroad. People think life is rosy over there. No, it's not. Let me tell you some few things with my little knowledge of stay at Dublin, Ireland.

1. You won't be able to attend the same school with the oyinbos.

2. Your credit score will always drop sha.

3. Government will give you a special apartment meant for the black and this will reduce your credit score.

4. You can't buy things even if you're extremely rich.. You must build your credit score.

5. I guess you can't withstand the abscond and bullying. They will torment your life as hell. Nigeria government can't help out on this issue. It has been like that and it will always be.

6. The place is damn quite.

7. Here in Nigeria, you can piss anywhere but try that in Dublin, you're a gonna.

My fellow Nigerians, honestly, you can make wave and ways in this country with the little that you have. Don't stress yourself absconding to abroad.

I'm talking from experience.

Well, to George Nkencho, may his soul rest in peace. God will comfort his family.

Let me also use this opportunity to wish everyone here happy new year.

2021 is going to be our year of divine breakthrough and unlimted blessings. We shall recover all things we lost in many folds.

ODEWALE ADESOYE

Your post makes no sense. With the lies you have posted here, I doubt you have ever been to Ikeja, talk more of Dublin!
Politics / Re: Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen by 8BitGee(m): 8:06pm On Dec 10, 2020
What a slowpoke. Buhari must be king of Nigeria! Rubbish.

18 Likes

Science/Technology / Re: China Becomes Second Nation To Plant Flag On The Moon After U.S by 8BitGee(m): 8:04am On Dec 06, 2020
ObaKlaz:
I perceive subtle but heavy shades here. grin

The flag is properly held in place and does not appear to be flying unlike the American one because there's no atmosphere and by extension wind on the moon.

Neil explained the reason why the American flag looked like it was flying though.
Family / Re: Son Pranks His Mother, Tells Her That Their TV Is Touchscreen by 8BitGee(m): 8:27pm On Nov 30, 2020
Poor acting
Travel Ads / Re: My visit to Epe Resorts And Spa A Beautiful Getaway Destination in Lagos by 8BitGee(m): 4:43pm On Nov 28, 2020
We had a nice time there although I'm unable to post more pictures. And like you, I really enjoyed the food and the recreational facilities. We played water polo, pool, football, basketball, tennis and danced all night on Friday.

Foreign Affairs / Re: Joe Biden Takes 5,587-vote Lead Over Donald Trump In Pennsylvania by 8BitGee(m): 3:43pm On Nov 06, 2020
Georgia has flipped too. North Carolina looking like it's gonna flip as well. Trump will be losing his selfish, xenophobic mind right now grin

5 Likes

Foreign Affairs / Re: 2020 US Presidential Election Results Live Updates: Minutes By Minutes Updates by 8BitGee(m): 1:51pm On Nov 05, 2020
blackgold2018:
please I need a map update

Here you go.

Politics / Re: Arrest Warrant Issued To SSS To Search And Arrest Judges (photos) by 8BitGee(m): 6:31am On Oct 13, 2016
The reference to "Northern states of Nigeria" clearly shows this is a fabrication by the usual suspects from ipad states of nowhere.

1 Like

Business / Re: Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice by 8BitGee(m): 7:35am On Oct 09, 2016
Unbelievable! Just when we'd started getting people interested in local rice to boost our economy and reduce the import bill?

Maybe PDP was right after all. Unbelievable!

Edit: False news, this is from 2015. Oh thank God!
Phones / Re: Have You Seen This Type Of All In One New Recharge Card In Your Area? (photos) by 8BitGee(m): 12:21pm On Oct 02, 2016
Yes, onecard, since 2014. Developed an app for it.
Islam for Muslims / Re: Happy Hijrah 1438 by 8BitGee(m): 12:19pm On Oct 02, 2016
Alhamdulilah. Ameen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 14 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.