Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,885 members, 7,814,000 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy (27786 Views)

Driver’s Death In LASTMA Custody Stirs Controversy / Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch / "Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by gabbytabby: 3:18pm On Oct 06, 2012
What is so african about this is the inability to think through on the impact of your decision on the people and total lack of foresight of the Ibo and never able to take responsisibility for the consequence of their decision. The unfortunate situation is there is still an inability to learn and quite a lot are still propagating war and expecting their house to be left still standing. One of the best kept secret of war is that it is the "food planes" that are also used to carry arms and to think that the other side will not stop arms getting to you by any means leaves me speechless

When you decide to initiate a war without thinking through how your people are going to be fed then you are not fit to lead them. BUild farms and build your own and slow down this mass exodus to Lagos and the North. I see wealthy Ibo all around they need to invest substantially in their homeland.

As a nation we need to stop all this looking back to the crap and spend time productively building the future

2 Likes

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by triplem16: 3:19pm On Oct 06, 2012
Ile-Ife:
[size=15pt]Go to hell. You deserve what you got. if you like, wake Ojukwu up to write his own book. "Memoir of a run away coward". oshi ati iranu[/size]
you can not finish what you have started when the demise picture's of helpless yorubas start rolling in . you will sure get what you've ask for e-battle will set the pace '
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by abouzaid: 3:19pm On Oct 06, 2012
For the record, the first coup was led by 5majors, 4 being igbo while 1 is yoruba so why is it called an igbo coup? It's also on record that nzeogwu was also mobilizing his troops to finish d coup in the east. All accounts displayed that the coup was an attempt by young men who were angry at the corrupt government. Nzeogwu name was kaduna, almost all of his soldiers including his doctors were northerners. The army then was peopled by mostly tiv (benue plateau) christians who by region are northerners while d progrom was carried out by muslims in the north. The army top officers were dominated by igbos who generally have an education b4 joining(ojukwu & ifeajuna were d first graduates in d army) so that explains why 4 majors were igbo. Most of d ppl killed were northerners because d british intentionally gave power 2 d north at independence. Nigeria first coup was not an igbo or tribal coup. It was not in yoruba favour to join d north, infact awo knew that by saying that nigeria was not a nation but a mere geographical expression. If not his over ambition for power, why did he not support d aburi accord that was signed by all parties only to be adviced against by d british and awo. I have no desire for tribal bashing cos it wont solve any of my problems but if d reason why we are still facing d troubles that started d war is because we don't like to accept d truth like this one. Whether we like it or not, nigeria can't make way until we become a confederation(aburi accord) or split(biafra). Forcing ur enemy to share a country with u is plain senseless. Nigerians regardless of tribe don't like telling themselves d truth but as for me if we wont do d evitable peacefully then we should eventually do it violently and i'm not ready to fight for anybody or nation. But on second thought when violence comes 2 my door step, i wont have a choice. Honestly, i'm totally ashamed of being a nigerian. Atleast we will all have pride in our regions or new nations be it oduduwa,arewa or biafra.

3 Likes

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by WilyWily5: 3:20pm On Oct 06, 2012
lekanwj:
It is only a man without honor that will attack another man who is not capable of defending himself. Awo is gone please let the man RIP. But seriously why did Prof and other Igbo intellectuals not provide intellectual support for Ojukwu then.
I believed they did provide intellectual support but not drive by hate but honest, that is why Gowon came back from Aburi a confused man after signing agreement he could not implement.
while Awolowo action was driven by hate that made him today the first indicted War Criminal that escaped justice.

2 Likes

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by aljharem(m): 3:22pm On Oct 06, 2012
No matter how you people try to paint AWO, he is still the MOST respected past leader out of the 3.

Yorubas are wasting their time replying Achebe or anyother ignorant person that does not know his history other than Achebe's books.
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by aljharem(m): 3:22pm On Oct 06, 2012
You see igbos are just bitter people. The same people that see yorubas as dirty slaves are the ones asking for help when the north desended on them.

Before the war, they did all in their power to control and subdue these so call yaribas. Then they forgot yorubas were their brothers lol. Sh.it hit fan with their northern brother, then they remembered their dirty low yaribas for help. Even at that, these people still tried to play smart.

These bunch of ingrates still decided to invade, Molestation and do all sort of things to the so called yorubas they hate to love.

Any Nigerian that trust an Igbo man, goodluck to you. I personally don't trust anyone not to talk of an ethnic group. So play among yourselves, when you are ready to talk politics you know when to find the yorubas.

It's because of the war that igbos now respect the Niger-deltas and Yorubas now and we also respect them.

One last thing, it is nnamdi an Igbo man that sold igbos to Nigeria. So with this fact known, I can't be bothered. I just hope they stay out of yorubas way cuz if you decide to join any group to kill us off like nnamdi did before the war, you know the story. Just respect yourselves and stay out of our business and politics. Chikena last words on this thread. One day monkey will go to market and not return. One day your cups would be full. Fact.

I don't expect Yorubas to argue. Just be watching
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by beautifulOnyi: 3:30pm On Oct 06, 2012
2ru9jaman: Chinua achebe lost d respect i once had 4 him. I pity him for expressing his anguish and guilt over d role he and his compatriots played. What a great regret! He will live with it till he enter the grave. See how Zik n Ojukwu died suffered 4 long on sick bed. They passed away like coward n betrayal does. No wonder Achebe has been suffering on wheel chair. Oh what a terrible n shameful way of living a pre-HELL life. He can still repent n be delivered from d curse Awo placed on all enemies of Igbo race who peddled lie n still blackmailing him as achebe is doing today. If ojukwu can described Awo as the best president Nigeria( Igbo race especially) never had then achebe n his memoir shd be discarded as trash.

Arrant nonsense!!! Awolowo was a selfish tribalist. Zik was a pure nationalist. Igbos are the most accomodating tribe in nigeria, open-minded, selfless and accepting. It takes real christians to come back to a country that killed and brutalised them for no reason other than they wanted to be left alone. My people are strong and courageous....the jews of africa.

1 Like

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by Orikinla(m): 3:41pm On Oct 06, 2012
I am 100% with Pa Chinua Achebe on this. But I do not live in the past, because the future is greater.
The nation building of a New Nigeria is what should matter most to us and not wrestling with the ghosts of the civil war.
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by beautifulOnyi: 3:43pm On Oct 06, 2012
alj harem: You see igbos are just bitter people. The same people that see yorubas as dirty slaves are the ones asking for help when the north desended on them.

Before the war, they did all in their power to control and subdue these so call yaribas. Then they forgot yorubas were their brothers lol. Sh.it hit fan with their northern brother, then they remembered their dirty low yaribas for help. Even at that, these people still tried to play smart.

These bunch of ingrates still decided to invade, Molestation and do all sort of things to the so called yorubas they hate to love.

Any Nigerian that trust an Igbo man, goodluck to you. I personally don't trust anyone not to talk of an ethnic group. So play among yourselves, when you are ready to talk politics you know when to find the yorubas.

It's because of the war that igbos now respect the Niger-deltas and Yorubas now and we also respect them.

One last thing, it is nnamdi an Igbo man that sold igbos to Nigeria. So with this fact known, I can't be bothered. I just hope they stay out of yorubas way cuz if you decide to join any group to kill us off like nnamdi did before the war, you know the story. Just respect yourselves and stay out of our business and politics. Chikena last words on this thread. One day monkey will go to market and not return. One day your cups would be full. Fact.

Pls read your history books and while you are at it, pls polish your english
Nnamdi Azikiwe did not sell igbos to nigeria, he went to lagos to meet with the nigerian leaders to end the war because he knew his people could not win. Over 2 million igbo children were dying of kwashiokor and starvation. With the help of the devilish British ( all because of their greed for oil) nigeria was sure winning the war. Zik knew that if the war continued, his people would be wiped out, so he swallowed his pride and went to meet the enemy to end the war.

What's past is past, but I just want people of other tribes to accept that what the other nigerian tribes did to the Igbos, ibibios and efik (biafran people) was unjust and inhuman. Accept the fact that Awolowo was evil and Achebe is right. Don't try to justify and belittle the gross sufferings we went through because we biafrans chose to forget the past and move on with our lives.

Supporting Awolowo is like supporting Hitler, because what hitler did to the jews, Awolowo did to the igbos. Both the jews and igbos were innocent by-standers.

We are the future generation of Nigeria, let's learn from this and ensure that we don't make the same senseless mistakes our elders made.

Peace

2 Likes

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by thirty(m): 3:43pm On Oct 06, 2012
What a pity! No matter how brave, intelligent, prefess articulate, honour a man is, at his old age he will surely goof. It think all student of history know the true side of the story yet Prof Achebe wanted to unleash terror between the tribes. Surely this is one of the sign that the great man want to live the world natural.
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by jimmyboy1010(m): 3:46pm On Oct 06, 2012
[quote a ;Duthor=Wily+W ;Dily]Achebe don finish Awolowo,
It is written forever, future generation will remember Awolowo as a mass murderer.
[/quote]
Who is more wiser between Awolowo and Ojuik(w)u?m. When Ojukwu was advancing towards the southwest and he expect Chief Obafemi Awolowo to siddan-de-look? Far-far-Fouwl!!!
Awolowo in his best of the wisdom use just the systematic approach to finish the war easily by starving the clown call Ojuiku!. I expected Achiebe to to accuse Ojuikwu the reason why he had to start the useless war at the first place. Chief Awolowo may you continue to rest in perfect peace! The Great son of Oduduwa!!!Achiebe should stop crying after how many years
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by abouzaid: 3:47pm On Oct 06, 2012
@cjfavour, awo needed igbo votes badly, so he can say all he want. After d war, he was booed while on campaign in d east and have 2 cut it. U must learn to sieve through any statement by a politician no matter his tribe. He accepted shining d 20pound policy and blocked d relief materials. Telling u reasons is what politicians do. But no reason will justify using hunger as a weapon of war. What about d indigenization policy? I laugh when nigerians are talking about foreign direct investment after d evil of d indigenization policy. Awo personally acquired a lot of undervalued shares from it and become one of d wealthiest man in d country. Yes he have a reason for it but it was entirely wrong and selfish. Nigeria can never have remarkable investment by foreigners. They will only sale here or invest in things they can quickly recoup their capital probable within one presidential regime. Example d gsm companies. Awo killed nigeria economy @alj harem, pls modify ur post. Only fools talk like that regardless of tribe.
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by jimmyboy1010(m): 3:54pm On Oct 06, 2012
thirty: What a pity! No matter how brave, intelligent, prefess articulate, honour a man is, at his old age he will surely goof. It think all student of history know the true side of the story yet Prof Achebe wanted to unleash terror between the tribes. Surely this is one of the sign that the great man want to live the world natural.
I don't want to bl ;Dame the Old man, e don dey turn to pickin grin grin. Achiebe should pls stop accusing the great son of Oduduwa because no be Awolowo start the war! Awoooooo D Great!!! Rest in Peace Baba omotola, baba oluwole,Baba Olusegun...
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 06, 2012
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 06, 2012
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by emmatok(m): 4:05pm On Oct 06, 2012
Chuksgeo: @emmatok let me tell you now that awolowo is a nazist and if you support what he did, that evil will befall you, I implore you to go the british war musuem you will find so many facts and articles that will make you to tell all this your coward brothers to stop defending or oppossing the truth by a world elite,historian and academician Prof. CHINUALUMOGU ACHEBE Some facts for you- 1. A british REDCROSS pilot(I wont tell you his name, research it and findout yourself,so that you dont come here and start rattling your mind over issues you dont know) resigns during this BIAFRAN war and joins the BIAFRAN ARMY after seeing how babies die just because of awolowo's nazist idea of 'STARVATION POLICY' that was wickedness from the pit of hell. 2. Col. BANJO a yoruba with a concience by birth fought along side the BIAFRAN SOLDIERS after perceiving and seeing unjust killings of the Igbos against a govt membered by his own bloodline who's opinion is cherished and ultimate which brought about this same infamous 'STARVATION POLICY' during the said war. But then why cant the Yorubas and the others let the IGBOS have a country of their own, they(yorubas) are so cowarded that they cant even think of living alone especially without the IGBOS, we want to be on our own, free from a country that after 52 years has nothing to offer, and finaly I still want to maintain that Awolowo is a nazist if you dont like it hug electricity transformer. IGBO KWENU!

Ha ha,

Awo this Awo that.
What was Awos position during the war,
Did Awo implement the war?
GOWON is alive and you are busy fighting AWO .
It shows you people fear the Northern a lot.

1 Like

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by aryzgreat: 4:12pm On Oct 06, 2012
I wonder y some yo-robber animals are blaming ndigbo for d first coup and try to suggest the counter-coup and massacre of 30,000 igbos is justifiable. May be bc the hausa cows didn't include the yo-robbers in the madness that followed the counter-coup after all yoruba officer was part of the plot, so yo-robbers should be massacred too? oh! u want to tell me d 5 majors spared igbos? was Lt col Unegbe d quartermaster general spared? he was killed too, let me tell u many igbos were in the list of people to be killed just that the coup can be described as unfortunate cos the military officers in charge of the lagos and east ie ironsi and ojukwu stopped the coup, so how is it supposed to be igbo coup?

here is an excerpt from Alexander madiebo's Nigerian revolution and Biafran war which many y0-robbers have been quoting part of recently,

page 21,

According to katsina, he knew about the coup at abt 0430 hrs on the 15th and then went straight to his unit to alert his troop. He was still addressing them and getting them prepared for action when Major Nzeogwu himself came in with few soldiers. Nzeogwu, katsina said asked him on which side he was- on the side of the revolution or on the side of the "old establishment" Katsina said he had no choice but to declare his support for Nzeogwu, but on further reflection, he was more convinced that Nzeogwu's exercise was "justifiable". Having got his assurance, katsina went on, Nzeogwu shook hand with him, ordered that d remaining armoured vehicles in d unit should be dispatched to d brigade headquarter and left amidst cheers from all d men on parade. I later had lunch with katsina and left him much relaxed.

News about d conduct and progress of d coup in lagos began to trickle in by mid-day and it appered things were not moving well for d revolutionaries. At best they could be said to be partially succesful with a task well planned but badly executed. Sir abubakar, d prime misnister, chief okotie Eboh federal minister of finance, chief akintola premier of western nig brigadier maimalari commander second brigade, colonel largema commanding officer 4th battalion, lt colonel pam adjuntant general army headquarters and lt colonel unegbe quartermaster general were all reported killed or missing. it also appeared as if General Ironsi was successfully foiling the coup in southern nigeria, thereby forcing the young officers who started it to flee into hidingin panic and fear. Soon after this, what was left of the civilian regime quickly handed over full responsibility for the govt of Nigeria to Ironsi

Nzeogwu was utterly dissapointed with this development and began a deliberate attack on the south to crush ironsi's men. He blamed his failure on certain officers who had failed to implement their part of the coup even though they had given their support during the planning stages. Nzeogwu's opinion was that this sudden betrayal deserved punishment because it was due more to consideration for personal reward by Ironsi than to cowardice.

The following day, 16th of january 1966, Major Nzeogwu called a conference of all officers in Kaduna to brief them on what had been achieved and to issue instructions for future operations. addressing the conference, Nzeogwu stressed his determination to deal ruthlessly with thos who showed signs of "sitting on the fence" and the "opportunists". In this connection, he announced that Ojukwu and Katsina were enemies of the revolution and would be disposed of as soon as possible. He accused Katsina of showing insufficient interest in the revolution by never showing up at the brigade headqurter and failing to attend the conference without excuses. He accused Ojukwu of being "let down" for reasons best known only to Nzeogwu himself.

How did d same coup dat two igbo officers foiled become an igbo coup? should dat be d reason to massacre 30, 000 civilians after decimating igbo officers in the counter-coup? Do u know dat major Donatus Okafor was buried alive during the counter-coup?

You yo-robber bastards know nothing about biafra war, u animals were busy eating amala ati ewedu while d war was going on, but u want to tell the war story better than the soldiers at d war front, SMH for u tiger-claw- faced cowards

2 Likes

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by aurenflani: 4:12pm On Oct 06, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: If what Achebe wrote is the TRUTH, then why shouldn't he tell the TRUTH? Why do some persons want him to hide the TRUTH? That someone says it as it is does not mean the person is still ANGRY or BITTER. The TRUTH is the TRUTH and the TRUTH can never be late in coming. So SORRY if it offended some Yoruba persons or any other person but the TRUTH should not be withheld because it will offend some persons. Again the TRUTH may be RIGHT or WRONG depending on your side of the divide or your understanding of issues. To some persons it is right to use starvation as weapon of war but to others it is an ATROCIOUS act. In the opinion of Achebe and some other persons, it is WRONG but in the opinion of others, including the Late Chief Awo, it is RIGHT. Such is life. But bottomline is was starvation used as weapon of war during the Nigerian civil war? Yes! Was Late Awo the driver of such policy? Yes! Was late Awo interested in becoming president of Nigeria after decimating the 'enemy'? Yes! Was Achebe right in documenting these TRUTHS in his book for posterity sake? I think yes. FOR THE INFORMATION OF ALL, not ALL weapons of war are acceptable or 'fair'. That is the reason you have the red cross and UN to deliver food to the civillian population even in the period of war. Also it is unacceptable to use certain cluster bombs during war or bomb certain targets during war. Again Igbos did not declare war on Nig rather it was Nigeria that attacked Igbo homeland after the east seceded due to massacre of Igbos in the north

Awolowo is innocent of this oft repeated propaganda of starving biafran ppl. If one may ask, who started d war? I thought d first bullets were fired from d east towards the west and midwest? Why are ibos criers like girls? Ojukwu should have stockpiled enough food before starting d ibo misadventure. Abeg dat cripple achebe should go and siddon o jare.
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by MyneWhite1(f): 4:15pm On Oct 06, 2012
Why the need for controversy, I say let more people write their own stories.

http://www.naijastories.com/2012/09/chinua-achebe-publishes-his-long-awaited-memoir-there-was-a-country/
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by abouzaid: 4:22pm On Oct 06, 2012
Both fela and wole soyinka opposed d war. Soyinka was imprisoned for his opposition of what he considered an unjust war. I would love 2 read his commentary on this book when it's out.
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by felifeli: 4:28pm On Oct 06, 2012
Why don't these old fools just lie down quietly and die like Biafra. For God's sake more than 50% of Nigerians alive today were not even born until after the Biafra war. This man Achebe has gone senile , and still reliving his lost childhood at the risk of perpetually putting tribes against tribes. Shame ! sad
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by felifeli: 4:31pm On Oct 06, 2012
abouzaid: Both fela and wole soyinka opposed d war. Soyinka was imprisoned for his opposition of what he considered an unjust war. I would love 2 read his commentary on this book when it's out.

Fela and Soyinka opposed the war , but did they support Biafra advance toward Lagos ? If Biafra had finally run into Lagos and slaughtered the family of Fela and Soyinka , he will have been singing a different tune. Dis amugbo people self. grin
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by jimmyboy1010(m): 4:34pm On Oct 06, 2012
grin grin grin[quot ;De author=beautiful Onyi]

Arrant nonsense!!! Awolowo was a selfish tribalist. Zik was a pure nationalist. Igbos are the most accomodating tribe in nigeria, open-minded, selfless and accepting. It takes real christians to come back to a country that killed and brutalised them for no reason other than they wanted to be left alone. My people are strong and courageous....the jews of africa. [/quote]
:gringringrin jews of n'digbo indeed! Instead of dat old man to point accusing fingers at the man dat put them in jeopady,he is busy blaming an innocent man dat is resting in peace at Ikenne in Ogun-State, A Tue Nationalist! I love you baba Awooo for bringing up d idea that sealed and ended the war. Let the Jews of N'digbo continue to lick their wound for life!!!!!
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by aryzgreat: 4:42pm On Oct 06, 2012
The january coup was widely acclaimed all over the country including the Northern region, where top civil servants celebrated its sucess and apparently happy ending by holding parties both in their homes and in public places. Acting against my advice that it was improper from the protocol point of view, Katsina visited my house immediately after his appointment, he brought with him his entire entourage of police outriders and patrol cars and a car load of drinks. We all drank to the health of Ironsi. We drank to the health of the new governors. We drank top d survival of a new Nigeria. Katsina would probably say now, i did all that to deceive old Alex into believing all was well I sincerely beleived that he was acting in good faith that night we drank the toasts.

Western Nigeria probably benefited most from this revolutionary turn of events. The military takeover brought to an end a long nightmare of bloody riots which were triggered off by the rigged western Nigeria parliamentary elections. In d east, Midwest and lagos, the entire people and press hailed the change with absolute joy and optimism for the emergence of a new Nigeria free from corruption, tribalism and nepotism. Therefore, when people argue nowadays that eastern Nigerians were massacred in retaliation for their role in January coup, it sounds ridiculous. The january revolution was not a total failure for it achieved its primary objective- the removal of the discredited civilain regime. What went wrong was the inability of the coup to exploit its sucess

...... without doubt, it could now be argued that if Nzeogwu had been given free hand to kill ojukwu, katsina, Yesufu, Ali Akilu and then attack the south, as he intended to do, things might have developed differently in one way or the other

page 27-28 of Nigerian Revolution and Biafran War

Let yo-robbers keep twisting history, i thank God i can still read and understand.
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by jimmyboy1010(m): 4:43pm On Oct 06, 2012
beautiful Onyi:

Pls read your history books and while you are at it, pls polish your english
Nnamdi Azikiwe did not sell igbos to nigeria, he went to lagos to meet with the nigerian leaders to end the war because he knew his people could not win. Over 2 million igbo children were dying of kwashiokor and starvation. With the help of the devilish British ( all because of their greed for oil) nigeria was sure winning the war. Zik knew that if the war continued, his people would be wiped out, so he swallowed his pride and went to meet the enemy to end the war.

What's past is past, but I just want people of other tribes to accept that what the other nigerian tribes did to the Igbos, ibibios and efik (biafran people) was unjust and inhuman. Accept the fact that Awolowo was evil and Achebe is right. Don't try to justify and belittle the gross sufferings we went through because we biafrans chose to forget the past and move on with our lives.

Supporting Awolowo is like supporting Hitler, because what hitler did to the jews, Awolowo did to the igbos. Both the jews and igbos were innocent by-standers.

We are the future generation of Nigeria, let's learn from this and ensure that we don't make the same senseless mistakes our elders made.

Peace
Pls tell me, what exactly has come over you people of N'digbo? Who started the war at the first place? No one but OjuIkwu who doesn't plan before embarking on a useless mission and at the middle of it took race to Ivory-Coast to take shelter ane left his sibblings to die of hunger!!! Mcheeeewzzz..
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by abouzaid: 4:58pm On Oct 06, 2012
@felifeli, biafra was invaded unsuccessfully by nigeria so d biafrans invaded the midwest to block northerners from attacking through present day edo and seize d capital and seaport at lagos. The biafran army was led by banjo a yoruba man so why should he kill and demolish his own ppl houses? All he wanted was a quick and less bloody end to the northern jihadist hold over the rest of the country. That dream was also destroyed 4 him by awo. If soyinka,fela and many other imprisoned activists most of whom were students opposed the war as unjust, then even u should rethink awo's actions and d motives behind.

1 Like

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by jimmyboy1010(m): 5:04pm On Oct 06, 2012
Useless Ojukwu stooge! I dnt like joining issues with an ignorant n'digbo bluudclat like you.
Is it Chief Awolowo that gave Ojukwu 1 gun-to-10-men? Useless jews of igbo racewink wink winkwinkwinkquote author=aryzgreat]I wonder y some yo-robber animals are blaming ndigbo for d first coup and try to suggest the counter-coup and massacre of 30,000 igbos is justifiable. May be bc the hausa cows didn't include the yo-robbers in the madness that followed the counter-coup after all yoruba officer was part of the plot, so yo-robbers should be massacred too? oh! u want to tell me d 5 majors spared igbos? was Lt col Unegbe d quartermaster general spared? he was killed too, let me tell u many igbos were in the list of people to be killed just that the coup can be described as unfortunate cos the military officers in charge of the lagos and east ie ironsi and ojukwu stopped the coup, so how is it supposed to be igbo coup?

here is an excerpt from Alexander madiebo's Nigerian revolution and Biafran war which many y0-robbers have been quoting part of recently,

How did d same coup dat two igbo officers foiled become an igbo coup? should dat be d reason to massacre 30, 000 civilians after decimating igbo officers in the counter-coup? Do u know dat major Donatus Okafor was buried alive during the counter-coup?

You yo-robber bastards know nothing about biafra war, u animals were busy eating amala ati ewedu while d war was going on, but u want to tell the war story better than the soldiers at d war front, SMH for u tiger-claw- faced cowards[/quote]
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by ichidodo: 5:15pm On Oct 06, 2012
alj harem: You see igbos are just bitter people. The same people that see yorubas as dirty slaves are the ones asking for help when the north desended on them.

THE IGBOS R ALSO WATCHIN. WE NEVER THOUGHT LESS OF THE YIRIBAS B4 D WAR. WE WERE JUST MINDIN OUR BUSINESS JEJELY. THEN CAME COUP, 1 FULL-YEAR, POGROM, CIVIL WAR, NOW WE ARE BACK AGAIN BETTER AND STRONGER WITH A VENGEANCE. THE YIRIBAS SHULD NOT START ANYTIN CUZ WE ARE ITCHIN FOR AN EXCUSE TO RIGHT SOME 'WRONGS'

2 Likes

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by Ngodigha: 5:15pm On Oct 06, 2012
jimmyboy1010:
Pls tell me, what exactly has come over you people of N'digbo? Who started the war at the first place? No one but OjuIkwu who doesn't plan before embarking on a useless mission and at the middle of it took race to Ivory-Coast to take shelter ane left his sibblings to die of hunger!!! Mcheeeewzzz..
Did Ojukwu at any time declare war?.

2 Likes

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by aurenflani: 5:18pm On Oct 06, 2012
beautiful Onyi:

Arrant nonsense!!! Awolowo was a selfish tribalist. Zik was a pure nationalist. Igbos are the most accomodating tribe in nigeria, open-minded, selfless and accepting. It takes real christians to come back to a country that killed and brutalised them for no reason other than they wanted to be left alone. My people are strong and courageous....the jews of africa.

Yea d jews of africa (whatever happened to d ethiopians?)!.

Jews indeed that is why you keep slapping Nigerians and yet keep complaining.

The problem with ibo is self-centredness.
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by gabbytabby: 5:24pm On Oct 06, 2012
ichidodo: THE IGBOS R ALSO WATCHIN. WE NEVER THOUGHT LESS OF THE YIRIBAS B4 D WAR. WE WERE JUST MINDIN OUR BUSINESS JEJELY. THEN CAME COUP, 1 FULL-YEAR, POGROM, CIVIL WAR, NOW WE ARE BACK AGAIN BETTER AND STRONGER WITH A VENGEANCE. THE YIRIBAS SHULD NOT START ANYTIN CUZ WE ARE ITCHIN FOR AN EXCUSE TO RIGHT SOME 'WRONGS'

In the meantime what are doing to feed your family today. Lazy men always have an excuse about yesterday, they are the story tellers and watch their tomorrow fail cos they are always looking backwards until something hits them from the front.
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by bashr8: 5:25pm On Oct 06, 2012
jimmyboy1010: Useless Ojukwu stooge! I dnt like joining issues with an ignorant n'digbo bluudclat like you.
Is it Chief Awolowo that gave Ojukwu 1 gun-to-10-men? Useless jews of igbo racewink wink winkwinkwinkquote author=aryzgreat]I wonder y some yo-robber animals are blaming ndigbo for d first coup and try to suggest the counter-coup and massacre of 30,000 igbos is justifiable. May be bc the hausa cows didn't include the yo-robbers in the madness that followed the counter-coup after all yoruba officer was part of the plot, so yo-robbers should be massacred too? oh! u want to tell me d 5 majors spared igbos? was Lt col Unegbe d quartermaster general spared? he was killed too, let me tell u many igbos were in the list of people to be killed just that the coup can be described as unfortunate cos the military officers in charge of the lagos and east ie ironsi and ojukwu stopped the coup, so how is it supposed to be igbo coup?

You yo-robber bastards know nothing about biafra war, u animals were busy eating amala ati ewedu while d war was going on, but u want to tell the war story better than the soldiers at d war front, SMH for u tiger-claw- faced cowards
stop twisting history , that yorubas have accepted their fate to be slaves to hausa fulanis does not mean igbos will.

[size=20pt]watch the whole incedent before and after the war including why army officer executed the coup because nigeria was in deep chaos coupled with yorubas klling themselves(over 2thousand yorubas killed by yorubas) and end your ignorance.[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aFc4VrV-94&feature=player_embedded

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Fani Kayode Reveals Wife Regina Hall Is His Newborn Son's Godmother / US: Buhari’s Agenda Very Well Matches Ours / Idia Ize-Iyamu Storms Auchi In Edo North For APC Campaign (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.