Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,903 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

NL Monthly Political Debate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NL Monthly Political Debate (50118 Views)

Ifeanyi Uba Caught Cheating In Anambra Political Debate. / 1914 Amalgamation - A Historical Mistake? : Nairaland Political Debate / Gov Orji Walks Out Of Political Debate!can It Affect His Election? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PointB: 8:05pm On Oct 08, 2012
Katsumoto:

It is of no interest to me, I was merely highlighting the tomfoolery of calling someone an errand boy when you conducted an election to determine an online king of an ethnic group. In any case, I am done discussing this, I just needed to correct you for trying to besmirch a decent man's name. No more no less.

I apologise for my part but it is wrong to keep quiet when a decent man is being attacked in his absence.

What is with you guys and duality. You called me illogical, I called you errand boy in return. Guy, if you can dish it, be ready to take it, and not act like victim. These boys and their overbloated ego!
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Afam4eva(m): 8:09pm On Oct 08, 2012
Gbawe:

Afam4eva, I watch you do this all the time and it is disgraceful. As Katsumoto stated, why did you not correct others for pettiness when they called nominees "goons", "Gbawe's boy" and "Arewa/Boko haram"? Is that not highly distasteful? Yet you saw nothing wrong with it and only commented to talk of "pettiness" against Katsumoto.
I picked on Katsumoto because he left the topic of discourse and went to highlight something that's not related to what we're talking about. I know it's wrong for PointB or any other person to have reffered to anyone as a goon but at least he was did not derail the thread. Maybe i'm a little bit biased, i don't know. Let's just discuss what we're here for.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Gboliwe: 8:09pm On Oct 08, 2012
I too have been thinking what topic to debate on in politics that wont draw blood.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by jmaine: 8:09pm On Oct 08, 2012
Katsumoto:
I apologise for my part but it is wrong to keep quiet when a decent man is being attacked in his absence.

I understand you . . . .
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PointB: 8:10pm On Oct 08, 2012
afam4eva:
At least the election was witnessed live by all and sundry on this website and people voted. Let's stop this pettiness and stick to the issue at hand.

Don't mind those guys. They are simply jealous of the success of the election. Twice they tried, twice they failed. I can see the root of their envy. Pathetic fellows they are.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:14pm On Oct 08, 2012
Gboliwe: I too have been thinking what topic to debate on in politics that wont draw blood.

I don't understand? I simply do not get it.. what draws blood signifies how deep-set the problem is. should that not be a focal point of important, a critical theme to be understood given the likes of discussants listed?? if we debate on what draws tears and pity we are no different from the average joe on the street who chews roasted corn and abuses GEJ for not according subsidies to pop-corn or some other inane issue. Let us focus on what is Immediate, Pertinent and is long-overdue

1 Like

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Gbawe: 8:15pm On Oct 08, 2012
PointB:

Guy go and sit down somewhere jare. You are getting too old, and senile. You simply like running you mouth, not minding if you are making sense. If you are not a hypocrite how could you missed the fact that you shamelessly gave kudos to your sidekick/brother Shymexx, for terming Haka Nai - Arewa boy only to turn around to criticize me for similar thing. Are you not tired of this barefaced hypocrisy and shameless duality of yours? Folks see you for what you are in anycase. Keep pretending...

Man mi, stop this nonsense of always ruining threads. I congratulated Shymmex for adding his choices of PhysicsQED, Afro-blue and Sky-Blue to the list because others were not doing same. I was not commenting on his list. Notice that I asked Jarus to add the nominees of Shymexx to the list? I would not have commented on your list either, however derogatory, if you are not mentioning me directly and negatively in your open show of prejudice with the "Gbawe's boy" comment. You do this time and time again. You won't leave others alone yet you start bleating when attention is turned to your malice.

Everyone should simply give their yes or no with a simple reason for selecting. It is not an invitation to begin maligning others personally and instigating forumers against others in division and pettiness. Are you the one who made Haka Nai a member of Boko Haram? Such prejudicial malice should not be displayed here.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PointB: 8:18pm On Oct 08, 2012
afam4eva:
I picked on Katsumoto because he left the topic of discourse and went to highlight something that's not related to what we're talking about. I know it's wrong for PointB or any other person to have reffered to anyone as a goon but at least he was did not derail the thread. Maybe i'm a little bit biased, i don't know. Let's just discuss what we're here for.

My guy, quit been apologetic to these fellow. Below is Shymexx list, which is riled with condescending comment/tags on a select few, and Gbawe's comment. Did you see this goons hounding you and I criticize Shymexx? What does that tell you about the objectivity of these folk? Is food for goose, not fit for the gander?

Note this clown Gbawe, he is an epitome of hypocrisy, sadly Katsumoto is trailing similar path, a path of shame!

shymexx: List of judges - bwahahahahahaha.... Nigerians are bad judges of intellect, no surprise, anyway...

1, PointB - Biafran
2, Eziachi - Good choice.
3, Max siollun - Great choice... I've never seen him on NL, but I've read his works online.
4, Pukkah - Great choice
5, e-Geurilla - Great choice
6, Ajanlekoko - Good choice
7, Paddy Lo - I don't know him
8, Northsap - Great Choice
9, Ufeolohun - Good choice
10, Kilode - Great choice
11, Rossik - Good choice but too darn angry
12,Sagamite - Worst choice.. My little sister has a higher IQ than this tool.
13, Mikeansy - I don't know him
14, Akanbi Edu - Good choice
15, Haka nai - Arewa boy
16, HNOsegbe - Good choice
17, Ballabriggs - Good choice
18, Jason123 - Bwahahahahhahahahahahhahahahaha
19,Edo girl - Great choice
20, Sisi-skills - Boring sarcasm, no substance
21, Coogar - He never talks about politics - good choice
22, Jomogbomo - Don't know him
23, Kobojunkie - Bwhahahahahahaha
24, Ogugua88 - hm[b]mm.. Good choice[/b]
25, Odunnu - Bwahahahahahahahahaha

PhysicsQED and Afro_Blue/Sky_blue should be on that list... Kats deserves a first round ballot on that list as well...

Gbawe:

Well-done Shymexx. Good for Nairalanders to speak when processes like this take place that can enhance our usage of this forum and make it more generally productive as an arena of ideas. I totally forgot PhysicsQED and Sky-blue. I don't know Afro-Blue well enough but your choice of PhysicsQED and Sky-blue is very sound in my opinion.

Jarus can you include these three names shymexx has suggested? It is about judges having little or no objections to their candidacy and I urge Nairalanders to get involved so that we get worthy Judges and not bigoted/sectional/controversial/subversive/divisive characters tainting processes and continuing the 'agbero' trend that has driven many away from this forum.

I think we can look at creating a separate list for non-Nigerian Nairalanders who are civil plus make intelligent contributions here. That way, we can ensure 2 or ,at the very least, 1 out of 10 Judges will be non-Nigerian on a forum many Africans use.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PointB: 8:21pm On Oct 08, 2012
Gbawe:

Man mi, stop this nonsense of always ruining threads. I congratulated Shymmex for adding his choices of PhysicsQED, Afro-blue and Sky-Blue to the list because others were not doing same. I was not commenting on his list. Notice that I asked Jarus to add the nominees of Shymexx to the list? I would not have commented on your list either, however derogatory, if you are not mentioning me in your open prejudice with the "Gbawe's boy" comment. You do this time and time again. You won't leave others alone yet you start bleating when attention is turned to your malice.

Everyone should simply give their yes or no with a simple reason for selecting. It is not an invitation to begin instigating forumers against others in division and pettiness. Are you the one who made Haka Nai a member of Boko Haram? Such prejudicial malice should not be displayed here.

Sharrap olodo. Admit your hypocrisy and change your ways. Stop grasping at straws like a drowning man. You commented on Shymexx post, and that includes his list. Keep fooling yourself, as you are grossly incapable of fooling others. So Shymexx made Haka Nai Arewa Boy? Shameless hypocrite!
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Gbawe: 8:30pm On Oct 08, 2012
afam4eva:

I agree we should stick to the thread but fair is fair. Notice my first comment about PointB refers to how he derogatorily calls Akanbi Edu "Gbawe's boy"? Is that not disgraceful? seeking to invoke prejudice against others because you deem them "Gbawe's boy"? If others were equally petty and divisive they would all have called him Onlytruth's boy. Yet no one has said that as far as I can see. Also, is it not horrid to be labelling others "Boko Haram"? Please tell others to stick to the topic. If they do and don't mention other posters pettily and maliciously, then threads don't get derailed or bogged down in rancour.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by nduchucks: 8:31pm On Oct 08, 2012
For what its worth, in Hausa, Arewa = North (or Northern), so Arewa Boy = Northern Boy. You guys need to chill out.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PointB: 8:35pm On Oct 08, 2012
Gbawe:

I agree we should stick to the thread but fair is fair. Notice my first comment about PointB refers to how he derogatorily calls Akanbi Edu "Gbawe's boy"? Is that not disgraceful? seeking to invoke prejudice against others because you deem them "Gbawe's boy"? If others were equally petty and divisive they would all have called him Onlytruth's boy. Yet no one has said that as far as I can see. Also, is it not horrid to be labelling others "Boko Haram"? Please tell others to stick to the topic. If they do and don't mention other posters pettily and maliciously, then threads don't get derailed or bogged down in rancour.

Sharrap, and stop whinning.

Gbawe's boy and Arewa boy are both tags. If you cheer Shymexx tag, why whine and bleat about mine? By the way, is Akanbi Edu not your boy? Why deny him now? This old man and his ish. Calling OnlyTruth's boy means nothing to me. You will never get angry reaction from me. I am above such pettiness. Get a life!
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Katsumoto: 8:38pm On Oct 08, 2012
PointB:

My guy, quit been apologetic to these fellow. Below is Shymexx list, which is riled with condescending comment/tags on a select few, and Gbawe's comment. Did you see this goons hounding you and I criticize Shymexx? What does that tell you about the objectivity of these folk? Is food for goose, not fit for the gander?

Note this clown Gbawe, he is an epitome of hypocrisy, sadly Katsumoto is trailing similar path, a path of shame!

Ad hominem attacks don't work on me and I am not into folks taking battles from thread to thread. You will do well to let the matter rest; I have corrected you for trying to besmirch Kilode's name in his absense. It would have been honourable if you had either proved me wrong, by referencing a post, or apologising. You have done neither.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Gbawe: 8:40pm On Oct 08, 2012
PointB:

Sharrap, and stop whinning.

Gbawe's boy and Arewa boy are both tags. If you cheer Shymexx tag, why whine and bleat about mine? By the way, is Akanbi Edu not you boy? Why deny him now? This old man and his ish. Calling OnlyTruth's boy means nothing to me. You will never get angry reaction from me. I am above such pettiness. Get a life!

Guy, you are the only one who should get a life. Everyone can see you are nothing but a basket case of bigotry and prejudice that you are not ashamed to display. Let folks vote and stop this obsession with others that leads you to make a fool of yourself time and time again.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Gbawe: 8:41pm On Oct 08, 2012
PointB:

Sharrap olodo. Admit your hypocrisy and change your ways. Stop grasping at straws like a drowning man. You commented on Shymexx post, and that includes his list. Keep fooling yourself, as you are grossly incapable of fooling others. So Shymexx made Haka Nai Arewa Boy? Shameless hypocrite!

I think perhaps you are not well.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PointB: 8:44pm On Oct 08, 2012
Katsumoto:

Ad hominem attacks don't work on me and I am not into folks taking battles from thread to thread. You will do well to let the matter rest; I have corrected you for trying to besmirch Kilode's name in his absense. It would have been honourable if you had either proved me wrong, by referencing a post, or apologising. You have done neither.

Guy I owe you nothing. And I repeat, are you Kilode's errand boy? If you are not, then let it rest. I have made my comment as I feel entitled. Make yours and fly off my face. If you are looking for those who take battle battles from thread to thread, your first port of call should be the mirror. I still don't get all these over-bloated egomaniacs floating around. Perhaps I should always carry a pin!
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PointB: 8:44pm On Oct 08, 2012
Gbawe:

I think perhaps you are not well.

I know for sure, you are sickly!
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Gbawe: 8:46pm On Oct 08, 2012
PointB:

I know for sure, you are sickly!

grin grin grin Okay. Can you now kindly shut up and let the thread go back to what it is designed for?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PointB: 8:48pm On Oct 08, 2012
Gbawe:

grin grin grin Okay. Can you now kindly shut up and let the thread go back to what it is designed for?

Talk to yourself petty old man who goes around looking for people to fight! undecided undecided undecided
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PointB: 8:50pm On Oct 08, 2012
Gbawe:

Guy, you are the only one who should get a life. Everyone can see you are nothing but a basket case of bigotry and prejudice that you are not ashamed to display. Let folks vote and stop this obsession with others that leads you to make a fool of yourself time and time again.

Silly man. Always looking for people's commendation. Can't you make you post without wondering what 'everyone' is seeing or thinking. I get it, starved of love and attention at home, you crave it online, from 'everyone.' Sad, lonely, old man.

Ndo!
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Gbawe: 8:53pm On Oct 08, 2012
PointB:

Talk to yourself petty old man who goes around looking for people to fight! undecided undecided undecided

grin grin grin grin Yes, I do that by being the first to bait others, mentioning forumers directly with incendiary statement's like "Gbawe's boy". Please just shut up and stop this hypocritical show of retardation. You are the only one who goes around looking to fight others and that much is obvious here.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Gbawe: 8:55pm On Oct 08, 2012
PointB:

Silly man. Always looking for people's commendation. Can't you make you post without wondering what 'everyone' is seeing or thinking. I get it, starved of love and attention at home, you crave it online, from 'everyone.' Sad, lonely, old man.

Ndo!

Look, you are wasting people's time with your angry rants. Abeg, grow up. Move on. Focus on the thread and stop the childishness.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by taharqa: 11:30pm On Oct 08, 2012
Just to say that this is a GREAT idea. We may begin to prone this forum from the excessive display of emotion and speculation instead of the use of FACTS to attempt to make one's point.. Again, very Great idea; now we can actually share ideas instead of just shouting.

I support the candidatures of SkyBlue and PhysicQED as Judges as someone else did earlier.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:20am On Oct 09, 2012
Errrrrrr can we start already, not everybody would agree. I don order popcorn from Mama "Edyna" already no dulling. grin grin
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Katsumoto: 12:22am On Oct 09, 2012
Jarus:

Personally, i would like to see Katz as a debater rather than as a Judge, but if you guys think we should consider him as a judge, so be it.

Jarus,

Debaters will not receive egunje like judges; abeg, no shave my head in my absence. grin grin grin
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 5:57am On Oct 09, 2012
i nominate myself for the post of a judge. I have always been impartial with happenings on politics. You can review my posts, i have a clean bill
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 6:59am On Oct 09, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: Avoid Sensitive and Emotional Topics I don't get it.. it is Politics, the life-blood of national governance.. a visible pivot of democratic institutions the world over..? now i get it? issues like flower-planting, ballot-box snatching and drilling-bore holes will be top priority while Violence against women, Boko-Haram, the role of Religion in National Governance, Sharia, Accountability for public officials etc will be dumbed-down into side comments that @Nairaland Owner will simply delete at a convenient time or worse shove into page 10.. please correct me if I am wrong

By emotional/sensitive topic, we mean something like 'Was Achebe right on his comment on Awo?'. Now, tell me how a topic like this can be discussed on NL without e-throwing of chairs, even in the most moderated of situations, or how Judges will be totally unbiased. These are the types of topics we meant.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Demdem(m): 7:28am On Oct 09, 2012
emmmn, has the debate started already? Whats going on here? grin grin grin
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Akanbiedu(m): 7:41am On Oct 09, 2012
Jarus:

By emotional/sensitive topic, we mean something like 'Was Achebe right on his comment on Awo?'. Now, tell me how a topic like this can be discussed on NL without e-throwing of chairs, even in the most moderated of situations, or how Judges will be totally unbiased. These are the types of topics we meant.

I think such topics need to be discussed really. In fact, the more emotional or controversial the topic is, the better. I suppose it will be thoroughly moderated. Any irrelevant comment should be thrown out. Simple.

I can't believe somebody like kilode?! will be labelled ACN goon.

I nominate Kilode?!, Calloti, Aribisala and PhysicsQED as judges.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Akanbiedu(m): 7:44am On Oct 09, 2012
My brother Gbawe, It doesn't take much to ignore.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Akanbiedu(m): 8:48am On Oct 09, 2012
In fact Kilode?! is a perfect choice.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by abdurrazaq(m): 9:16am On Oct 09, 2012
Kobojunkie will make a good judge.
I hope judges will not be denied the right to debate when they feel like participating in a topic of their interest.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

130 Reps Sign Impeachment Notebook Over Police Interference / Flood Alert: Alpha Beach Is Underwater / Profile Of Justice Danladi Umar, The Judge In Charge of Saraki's Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.