Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,790 members, 7,817,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees (26044 Views)

Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship / Amaechi, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Shun Governors Meeting / Amaechi, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Shun South/South-South/East Gov Forum Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by thelastPope(m): 6:19pm On Mar 10, 2013
dayokanu:

All the 3 states Kano, Kaduna Katsina Buhari won them handily in 2011 and he would do it again

Lagos has always been controlled by AD, ACN etc and never in the hand of PDP.

In Presidential elections Lagos has always voted the way the rest of the SWest does

Kaduna is divided into north and south. The south can never vote buhari and the southerners there will never vote Buhari. Buhari only won some of those states because of the threats of violence but that would not happen again, trust me. That is why the PDP governors swept the governorship seats. Some of you don't understand Nigerian politics.

For Lagos, you only repeated what I said. PDP has never had a strong candidate in Lagos and I doubt if they will present a strong candidate in 2015, simply because of the PDP leadership in Lagos. But the presidential is a different game. The 2 PDP factions PPN and accord in ogun and oyo will vote GEJ for president. GEJ will win Ondo and either win or split Ekiti.

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Gluckdude(m): 6:22pm On Mar 10, 2013
As for me and my household, we will vote anything human/animal aside the phucking useless,visionless,clueless,myopic, goatluck Jonathan.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by rhymz(m): 6:28pm On Mar 10, 2013
Mization: By Wale Odunsi on March 10, 2013

DailyPost investigation has revealed that the political bigwigs of the All Progressive Congress are on the search for a vice-presidential candidate who will be the running mate of the party’s consensus candidate during the 2015 presidential election.

We have gathered that stalwarts of All Progressives Congress are keen on having a popular serving governor in the south, whose image can attract massive votes, and also with the view that the presidential candidate will come from the North.

APC is made up of the Action Congress of Nigeria, All Nigeria Peoples Party, Congress for Progressive Change and a faction of the All Progressive Grand Alliance.

Already, Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola; his Edo State counterpart, Mr. Adams Oshiomhole; and Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, are on the shortlist, though they have not been approached yet.

A source within the APC said, “It is true we are looking for a suitable vice-presidential candidate from the South, particularly the South–West, because unless something dramatic happens, our flag bearer is coming from the North.

“The overwhelming thinking among members of the coalition is to have a young progressive, preferably one that has a track record of performance, for the post.

“As for the presidential candidate, everything being equal, we should know who the candidate is soon.

“For now, we have not yet agreed on who it should be, but I can tell you, Fashola is one of them, however, we cannot take a final decision on this until we are able to get leaders of his primary constituency to agree.”

Just last week, the Convener of the Concerned Northern Politicians, Academics, Professionals and Businessmen, Dr. Junaid Mohammed, on Friday evening, also confirmed that the North was seeking a vice-presidential candidate in the South.

According to him, “In the event of the presidency returning to the North, the issue will be who will deliver the votes from the South for the prospective candidate from the North.

“As I see it, the only person I see who can do it is from the South-West even though the South-West has its own challenges. Challenge number one will be to bring out a candidate from the Christian North who will now peer up with a likely candidate who will be from the South-West. Fortunately or unfortunately, the South-West is not terribly obsessed with matters of religion,” he added.

APC has said it would hold its national convention in the coming weeks. Presently, the party is in the process of filing for registration.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/03/10/apc-fashola-oshiomhole-okorocha-tipped-as-vice-presidential-nominees/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=apc-fashola-oshiomhole-okorocha-tipped-as-vice-presidential-nominees
hahahhahahah. . . Now it is becoming clear what the true intentions of these guyz are. . .northern candidate, not in this life.
I take this as a Yoruba man's analysis of what is going to happen. I see how they are trying to dafault the Igbo man's role as second fiddle, Fashola is considered for Presidency while Rochas is considered for VP. . Lol. Rochas will be a Bonafide Eddiot if he ever agrees to such arrangement. I see how they deliberately don't want to talk about the eastern region the SE in particular. . .lol. . .una go see when time reach.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by thelastPope(m): 6:28pm On Mar 10, 2013
dayokanu:

In Presidential elections Lagos has always voted the way the rest of the SWest does

This statement is incorrect. Ribadu won Osun while GEJ won Lagos. This also shows the myth that GEJ won because of Tinubu is very untrue. GEJ won Lagos because of votes from non indegenes.

There are many factors in elections. If for example, the candidate does not generate much enthusiasm amongst voters, they will simply not turn out and the other guy will win. That is why Obama had to spend big in the last elections to get the Dems out to go and vote. Many Yorubas who support ACN simply didn't bother to come out for the presidential elections last time. The same thing will play out with a Fashola VP.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by dayokanu(m): 6:30pm On Mar 10, 2013
thelastPope:

This statement is incorrect. Ribadu won Osun while GEJ won Lagos. This also shows the myth that GEJ won because of Tinubu is very untrue. GEJ won Lagos because of votes from non indegenes.

There are many factors in elections. If for example, the candidate does not generate much enthusiasm amongst voters, they will simply not turn out and the other guy will win. That is why Obama had to spend big in the last elections to get the Dems out to go and vote. Many Yorubas who support ACN simply didn't bother to come out for the presidential elections last time. The same thing will play out with a Fashola VP.

So how did Retardeen Jonathan win in Ekiti, Oyo, Ogun, and Ondo?
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by OrigamiIII: 6:33pm On Mar 10, 2013
gudnex22:

for your information middlebelt especial Benue don't like Buhari for that reason making him the consensus presidential candidate for APC is just a total failure for them.
Look at how he(Buhari) is trying to use the yoruba. I pity una;(
It is not about who is using who.Nigeria politics is about regional interest.SW voted en block for GEJ in the last elections but tell me how many yoruba man holds strategic position in his govt.He marginalised the region across all spheres.Voting GEJ was a wasted vote.SW is ever politically sophisticated and would bring this to bear in the next election.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by omiobo: 6:34pm On Mar 10, 2013
dayokanu:

Then,he was a good candidate.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Obinoscopy(m): 6:37pm On Mar 10, 2013
ndu_chucks:

If Fashola is on the Ticket, APC will sweep the SW and Edo. The political landscape in the North has significantly changed from what obtained when GEJ first ran. With Anenih running the PDP, I believe Buhari will win even more states than he won last time around, in the North - but time will tell.

@alex101, ngbe ndi Abriba piafuka gi blokos. Ewu can beer.
Not true at the bolded. Remember ACN endorsed Ribadu but what happened? The people voted PDP because they preferred PDPs contestant to that of ACNs. I'm surprised that you are unaware of the enmity people have towards Buhari. Christians and southerners hate him with passion because of his role in the post Election violence. He didn't come out to condemn the attack until when his opponents pointed it out. No wonder Boko Haram felt he wld represent them well in any dialogue with the FG.

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by thelastPope(m): 6:37pm On Mar 10, 2013
dayokanu:

See my 2 previous posts for more detailed explanation.

PDP owns Oyo and Ogun. Their internal fights gave those states to ACN. The combo of PDP and PPN had more votes than ACN. The combo of PDP and accord had more votes than ACN. But it didn't affect the presidential election. Ondo does not do ACN. Only Ekiti could go either way.

In fact, adding ondo to your list was funny. The result of the last ondo elections clearly shows GEJ did not win Ondo because of Tinubu's influence. Same as the other SW states.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Mekky2010: 6:39pm On Mar 10, 2013
I have always tried hard to ignore such ranting as yours; with what I read in NL daily, I have come to the conclusion that given the opportunity we (the young) will do no better than those we virify daily, our line of thinking is no different from the men that have ravaged this country.. The Igbos will say "onye ji madu na ala ji onwe ya", he that is holding someone on the ground is also down. Nigeria has become super developed thanks to the leadership of your northern and western elites, at least you have been denied the pleasure of blaming Ndigbo , we should all at all times seek to get the best people to lead and not exclude anyone based on a book published by another.

When I want to see a doctor, I only care if he is qualified to take care of my situation not minding where on earth he comes from, that's the way we should treat Naija if we want progress.

omonnakoda:
If you like be abusive you will find there are others more abusive than you.Clearly whatever efforts at education you made were futile.The reality is we cannot have an Ibo president in 2015 EVERYONE knows that. People can deal with that by strategizing effectively or by name calling .The latter will change nothing.
As far as winning Yoruba votes I believe Achebe's book took the clock back 10 years among the Yoruba and many are still bleating "he spoke the truth".
Fortunately for Ibos Yoruba votes alone will not seal their fate but it means they have to work very hard in places like Potiskum and Gusau,I wish them luck.

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by OrigamiIII: 6:41pm On Mar 10, 2013
dayokanu:

Thank you bros.
The yoruba race is not too keen on the presidency at the moment but when the time comes we shall and would definitely get it.Very soon PDP would become a minority party consigned only to the SE and SS.That is it.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by porka: 6:49pm On Mar 10, 2013
DEMOCRACY 101 according to APC: Search for Vice Presidential candidate before the Presidential candidate.

Change is in the air!
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by rhymz(m): 6:49pm On Mar 10, 2013
dayokanu: Buhari-Fashola is the winning ticket

The SW doesnt care about religion

Christian in the SW voted en masse for MKO Abiola a Moslem on a Moslem- Moslem ticket

Make retardeen dey clean him house

Buhari wins 13 Northern states he won in 2011, Fashola wins 6 SW states

Total 19 states out of 36 Winner.

Let the 98% votes do their thing.

19 states out of 36 states is a winner anyday
This guy sef, I used to think you have some political smart but you ve shown time after time that you dont. Buhari got a total of 12million votes and GEJ got a total of 8million from thesame region Buhari is supposedly loved. . .lol. . .how many votes did he get in the south?? Who has lost 2 elections? How many states does his party CPC control in the North? Who cried in the end. . . Lol. . .guy you need to wake up and jettison this your trite argument, Buhari is a liability, Tinubu will be crazy to let him come agin. . Lol

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by whitecat007: 6:53pm On Mar 10, 2013
THEY JUST CALLED YOU A THIEF AND YOU ARE DANCING WITH GOAT'S KID grin ;

Odenigbo Aroli:

You are one hell of a compulsive BIGOT; So,because you came to nairaland and ran into few Igbo that brag about their deeds you instantly concludes that we are boastful and for that reason we should never rule Nigeria. What a nutcase! How about all the Igbo intelligencia that Obasanjo and Goodluck has used to reform our economy,which the North and Southwest ran to the ground after their victory in the civil war. Why did your government invite people like Akunyili,Obi,Stella Oduah,Okonjo,Soludo,Ezekwesili,Arunma,Barth Nnaji and co to come save your wretched government? Let me tell you block head something....When the time comes for an Igbo man to rule this country he will do so and do it excellently just like our technocrats has been doing. Yorubas come here everyday and brag about how they are the most educated and the richest and I guess your aging eyes didn't see that but for some reason same eyes manage to see when an Igbo brags about his business prowess. I thought you were somewhat intelligent but I didn't realize I was interacting with a blind fool..fu..ck off! You don't decide!
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by OrigamiIII: 6:53pm On Mar 10, 2013
Ngwakwe: You are filled with too much hate and then you go ahead to spread it.

Igbos will vote a yoruba, Igbos will vote an Hausa, Igbos will vote an Ijaw, then in return no one will vote an Igbo.

Continue to recite this lie and drown yourself in it until you either live to see it or commit suicide on its fulfilment.

You believe the north will support the SW for another turn for President before they say yes for an Igbo person. Continue to live in 1967, time have changed.

Remember, there were positions deemed impossible for the Igbos but today what is happening?

Bros,your uncle achebe's book destroyed what would have blossom into a promising and formidable political alliance between yoruba and igbo race.To crown it all the entire igbo people lined up behind achebe raining barrage of insults on the late on the late sage oblivious of the implication.No too much talk or bragging.2015 will tell.

2 Likes

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by porka: 6:57pm On Mar 10, 2013
Origami III:
It is not about who is using who.Nigeria politics is about regional interest.SW voted en block for GEJ in the last elections but tell me how many yoruba man holds strategic position in his govt.He marginalised the region across all spheres.Voting GEJ was a wasted vote.SW is ever politically sophisticated and would bring this to bear in the next election.

Please be reminded, Hon. Mulikat Adeola-Akande was nominated by the PDP and supported by the presidency for the post of Speaker of the House of Representatives, but she was roundly defeated by her colleagues aided strongly (overwhelmingly) by the ACN (South West) representatives in favour of the Aminu Tambuwal. That was what happened.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by thelastPope(m): 6:57pm On Mar 10, 2013
rhymz: This guy sef, I used to think you have some political smart but you ve shown time after time that you dont. Buhari got a total of 12million votes and GEJ got a total of 8million from thesame region Buhari is supposedly loved. . .lol. . .how many votes did he get in the south?? Who has lost 2 elections? How many states does his party CPC control in the North? Who cried in the end. . . Lol. . .guy you need to wake up and jettison this your trite argument, Buhari is a liability, Tinubu will be crazy to let him come agin. . Lol

This is what I have tried to breakdown for him to see but he is too carried away with his voodoo permutation. PDP will be praying for a Buhari candidacy! He is a liability. It is interesting that he even admits to Buhari's liability by calculating that Buhari will win the north because of regional interests and Fashola will give him SW votes. That is and indictment on the Buhari candidacy.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by otipoju(m): 7:02pm On Mar 10, 2013
gajike: To clean up this country, centiment and ethnicity apart i pray it goes this way 1) Buhari for president-- all those curupt politician will surely die in exile. 2) Rochas for vice president-- candidate of the masses. Politics apart rochas has good hearth especially for less priviledge. 3) Fashola for senate presido. No nonsence man and SAN. 4) Dora Akunyili -- EFCC CHAIRPERSON. Of course we all know what she is capable of doing in dat area.
please include Adams Oshiomole -minister for works Segun Odegbami - minister for sports Bath Nnaji- return him to minister for power and steel
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by nduchucks: 7:04pm On Mar 10, 2013
Obinoscopy: Not true at the bolded. Remember ACN endorsed Ribadu but what happened? The people voted PDP because they preferred PDPs contestant to that of ACNs. I'm surprised that you are unaware of the enmity people have towards Buhari. Christians and southerners hate him with passion because of his role in the post Election violence. He didn't come out to condemn the attack until when his opponents pointed it out. No wonder Boko Haram felt he wld represent them well in any dialogue with the FG.

Most of us saw through the so-called endorsement of Ribadu's by ACN - there was no "meat" to the endorsement. I hope you also remember that Tinubu was flown to Abuja to meet with GEJ on the eve of the election - the rest is history.

Just to correct you, Buhari had no role whatsoever in the post Election violence, if he did, he should have been arrested and prosecuted. There was evidence whatsoever that he committed any crime. You sir, owe Buhari an apology.

I suppose you'd agree with me that Terrorism and Corruption, are the most pressing problems we face as a nation. Most Nigerians also know, if they are honest with themselves that, Buhari would be the most effective leader to deal with both problems. We already know that GEJ is impotent in terms of dealing with these issues.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by OrigamiIII: 7:08pm On Mar 10, 2013
porka:

Please be reminded, Hon. Mulikat Adeola-Akande was nominated by the PDP and supported by the presidency for the post of Speaker of the House of Representatives, but she was roundly defeated by her colleagues aided strongly (overwhelmingly) by the ACN (South West) representatives in favour of the Aminu Tambuwal. That was what happened.
So no other way to remedy by GEJ?What happened to strategic appointments?Forget it my brother.We have analysed the situation,registered our displeasure but GEJ has chosen to ignore the SW.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by davesndy: 7:12pm On Mar 10, 2013
I seriously thought this APC party will do something different like field young and willful people. But the truth is if Buhari comes, PDP would smile 2015. The same man that came and said christians should vote christians and muslims muslims is not the right person for a complex and volatile nation like Nigeria. Pls APC should field any of Fashola, Rochas or Oshiomole, if not they will just be anoda oppisition party that came close to winning. Buhari can't deliver votes outside the upper north. Even kaduna would be PDP. Check out what happened in the local governments ellections in kaduna state. PDP won ALL the sits. ALL. The north central won't vote buhari. See just field one of the three ppl. Live out the old man. He shld go back to Daura.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Afam4evaIsASlut: 7:14pm On Mar 10, 2013
thelastPope:
That is why Obama had to spend big in the last elections to get the Dems out to go and vote.

Ive told you to stop involving the United States when coming up with these crazy permutations of yours that are totally hinged on religion and tribe.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Afam4evaIsASlut: 7:17pm On Mar 10, 2013
rhymz: This guy sef, I used to think you have some political smart but you ve shown time after time that you dont. Buhari got a total of 12million votes and GEJ got a total of 8million from thesame region Buhari is supposedly loved. . .lol. . .how many votes did he get in the south?? Who has lost 2 elections? How many states does his party CPC control in the North? Who cried in the end. . . Lol. . .guy you need to wake up and jettison this your trite argument, Buhari is a liability, Tinubu will be crazy to let him come agin. . Lol

Buhari loses because of close-minded folks like yourself.

GEJ wins and retrogresses Nigeria because of dummies like you.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by thelastPope(m): 7:19pm On Mar 10, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Most of us saw through the so-called endorsement of Ribadu's by ACN - there was no "meat" to the endorsement. I hope you also remember that Tinubu was flown to Abuja to meet with GEJ on the eve of the election - the rest is history.

Just to correct you, Buhari had no role whatsoever in the post Election violence, if he did, he should have been arrested and prosecuted. There was evidence whatsoever that he committed any crime. You sir, owe Buhari an apology.

I suppose you'd agree with me that Terrorism and Corruption, are the most pressing problems we face as a nation. Most Nigerians also know, if they are honest with themselves that, Buhari would be the most effective leader to deal with both problems. We already know that GEJ is impotent in terms of dealing with these issues.

Flawed analysis!

1. How can Tinubu's journey to Abuja have influenced anything? Did he make an announcement for everyone to vote GEJ afterwards? People already knew who they will vote for long before the election. lol

2. That there is no hard evidence to arrest or convict Buhari does not mean he had nothing to do with the post election violence. Has there been any hard evidence to convict OBJ? So why is he said to be corrupt? Buhari has been tried and convicted by the court of public opinion and rightly so. He started the whole message of violence with his utterances and the criminals who were killing people on the streets were shouting sai Buhari. That is all the evidence needed in the court of public opinion. He should have come out with a strong statement to dissaociate and distance himself from the whole violence but his responce was that the people were just angry that the election was rigged. How does that justify the killings of innocent people who probably didn't even vote?

3. Buhari was never and will never be an effective leader. He wanted to be a life president but he was a coward and IBB threw him out as soon as his strong deputy, Tunde Idiagbon went for hajj. I laugh when I see people saying people will go on exile if Buhari becomes president. He was a coward in 1985 and will always be a coward. Idiagbon was ruling the country then. This is a democracy, not a military regime. No one, not even the fearless OBJ could do whatsoever he wants. That is why Jonathan can't just go around arresting people.

2 Likes

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by dad007(m): 7:22pm On Mar 10, 2013
omonnakoda:
It is already settled that we will never have Ibo president so let us talk another thing and stop heating the polity
Can you please explain why we cant have an ibo president? I just want to KNOW!
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by thelastPope(m): 7:23pm On Mar 10, 2013
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Obinoscopy(m): 7:24pm On Mar 10, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Buhari didn't condemn the post election violence until late into the day when his opponents cried out to him to do so.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by SamIkenna: 7:25pm On Mar 10, 2013
GEJ has not indicated he's contesting. If he throws himself in the ring, then its over. It doesn't matter who's against him he's still going to win - that's Nigeria for you. This man and his kinsmen sit on the source of our wealth - I'm still figuring out who'll will push him out. I believe most of us do not subscribe to fraudlent polls but it still does not change the truth on ground which is - Nigeria hasn't completely, maybe not at all, evolved as a nation. It would've been easier not to let GEJ smell the presidency than to let him enjoy it and then think we can toss him out - just like that! lol. And to make matters worse, I dont see anyone coming to save the day should "our hell" break loose. Even America won't come as quick as you think because when you think about it the US is decrementally buying our oil. So, folks I say this again - who is going to chase GEJ out if he's contesting? Not with this kind of coalition I'm seeing now. What I see now is a sectional coalition that can only succeed in galvanizing GEJ's kins, friends, and regional alliance.

Its imperative to state here that beneath all the political grandstanding is the core north's quest for power - plain and simple. GEJ's authority has and will always be illegitimate to them. I would like to see them field someone from MB then I'll tender my unreserved apology. Sectional interest can't remove GEJ as it is now, too late. Like I said, sectional interest will only galvanize opposite/counter sectional alliance that's been the strenght of the president. To remove GEJ, the nation needs a different interest that's not ethnic or regional. As much as I have my reservations on GEJ, no other president has ever been opposed like him in Nigerian history. And the reason is simple - Core north regions don't think he should be there (SW opposes him of late, that I understand, but at least SW opposed OBJ).

In summary, let the core north kill Boko Haram and Ansaru cells, show us we're all Nigerians by fielding a Berom, Tiv, Idoma etc, then and only then I'll know their intention is not sectional. But as long as they're masking their ethnic and regional interest with 2015, forget it - its either GEJ is returned or we part ways. GEJ has already tested power so, too bad - genie is out of the bottle. Maybe if we survive 2015 we can then sit down as brothers, friends, and equals without all the entrenched ineterest, hate, and bigotry that are draining the life out of this nation.

2 Likes

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by whitecat007: 7:25pm On Mar 10, 2013
He is the closest in Nigeria

mikeansy:

with all due respect Buhari is not Abraham Lincoln *****smh*****

grin grin grin
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Afam4evaIsASlut: 7:28pm On Mar 10, 2013
mikeansy:

I think the assumption that merely electing Buhari will mean corruption will disappear in Nigeria is a lack of recognition of how deep corruption in Nigeria is.

I know how indepth corruption in Nigeria is trust me. But I also know a President Buhari will not change much either. We just need a President who know what they are doing and who can build the strong institutions we need to prevent or cut down waste in Government!

Yes, you will cut down waste without fighting corruption with every ounce of your breath or you will "build strong institutions to prevent or cut waste" when the head is wasteful? How do you intend to achieve this?!!? Dont lemme regale you with tales of $50,000+ shopping spree on 5th Ave yesterday (bought and paid for by your Oil money), you will get sick.

Then again, you might even clap and shine your teeth in glee, seeing as you indirectly always tell us why you think the status quo is ok and corruption is cool.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by dbty(m): 7:30pm On Mar 10, 2013
Does Fashola governance have human face?does it ve democratic values?An ambitious government at the Peril of poor citizen which are the majority in Lagos.A goverment that always ask pple to go back to their state. Racism(”statetism”) against the citizen of nigeria.
No doubt,he has achieved a lot in Lagos State but the adverse effect of his achievement on the majority of the citizen can't be measured.
Fashola Goverment is for the Rich.How many Housing has he provided,what are measure put in place to replace source of income taken away from ppl.how many displaced traders can afford the modern market built by Him.
the simple implication of Fasholas achievement is dt Fashola is stylishly withdrawing citizenship rite from lagosian and given it to Rich ppl.
what would He do differently?
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by saintohia: 7:30pm On Mar 10, 2013

Keep dreaming, is Buhari the best APC can offer?

lacasa: Buhari/Fashola, Oshiomole or Rochas cool

Any one is confirmed Success

Up Progressives

Up APC

Unto 2015 cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Teachers Sent Abroad For Training Have Absconded - Jigawa Govt / Felix Morka On APC N100m Form: 'Nigerians Live Expensive Lifestyles' / Federal Executive Council Meeting [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.