Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees (26029 Views)

Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship / Amaechi, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Shun Governors Meeting / Amaechi, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Shun South/South-South/East Gov Forum Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by GentleNaaz(m): 4:14pm On Mar 10, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

i sound so confident about my take,so,I will urge you to explain why you feel so.
wahala dy 4 2015 o
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Hima(f): 4:15pm On Mar 10, 2013
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by dayokanu(m): 4:22pm On Mar 10, 2013
Hima:

I'm sorry I don't know how this work so I have a question: is the position of a president won by percentage of states that voted in his favour or percentage of people that voted in his favour? Concidering dat some states might have larger number of population than others.

In this Nigerian scenario the most populated region are in the North West and South West. Below are the top 5 most populated states in Nigeria 3 from NorthWest , 2 from SOuthWest.

Rank State Population
1 Kano State 9,401,288
2 Lagos State 9,113,605
3 Kaduna State 6,113,503
4 Katsina State 5,801,584
5 Oyo State 5,580,894
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by gudnex22(m): 4:26pm On Mar 10, 2013
lacasa: Buhari/Fashola, Oshiomole or Rochas cool

Any one is confirmed Success

Up Progressives

Up APC

Unto 2015 cheesy

for your information middlebelt especial Benue don't like Buhari for that reason making him the consensus presidential candidate for APC is just a total failure for them.
Look at how he(Buhari) is trying to use the yoruba. I pity una;(
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by omonnakoda: 4:27pm On Mar 10, 2013
In theory it is possible to win the majority votes and not win if the Primary criteria of 25% of votes cast in 2/3(24) states is Not met.Where more than ONE candidate meets this criteria then the winner is determined on winner of absolute majority but the primary criteria is about SPREAD
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Toktee(m): 4:27pm On Mar 10, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

You are one hell of a compulsive BIGOT; So,because you came to nairaland and ran into few Igbo that brag about their deeds you instantly concludes that we are boastful and for that reason we should never rule Nigeria. What a nutcase! How about all the Igbo intelligencia that Obasanjo and Goodluck has used to reform our economy,which the North and Southwest ran to the ground after their victory in the civil war. Why did your government invite people like Akunyili,Obi,Stella Oduah,Okonjo,Soludo,Ezekwesili,Arunma,Barth Nnaji and co to come save your wretched government? Let me tell you block head something....When the time comes for an Igbo man to rule this country he will do so and do it excellently just like our technocrats has been doing. Yorubas come here everyday and brag about how they are the most educated and the richest and I guess your aging eyes didn't see that but for some reason same eyes manage to see when an Igbo brags about his business prowess. I thought you were somewhat intelligent but I didn't realize I was interacting with a blind fool..fu..ck off! You don't decide!
Why is ur temperature rising na,what the guy said i true even if can not agree with all hiz reasons,you guys said you are not nigerians,that you are from biafran republic...so the question is can someone from ghana rule nigerian as a presdent?
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Toktee(m): 4:27pm On Mar 10, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

You are one hell of a compulsive BIGOT; So,because you came to nairaland and ran into few Igbo that brag about their deeds you instantly concludes that we are boastful and for that reason we should never rule Nigeria. What a nutcase! How about all the Igbo intelligencia that Obasanjo and Goodluck has used to reform our economy,which the North and Southwest ran to the ground after their victory in the civil war. Why did your government invite people like Akunyili,Obi,Stella Oduah,Okonjo,Soludo,Ezekwesili,Arunma,Barth Nnaji and co to come save your wretched government? Let me tell you block head something....When the time comes for an Igbo man to rule this country he will do so and do it excellently just like our technocrats has been doing. Yorubas come here everyday and brag about how they are the most educated and the richest and I guess your aging eyes didn't see that but for some reason same eyes manage to see when an Igbo brags about his business prowess. I thought you were somewhat intelligent but I didn't realize I was interacting with a blind fool..fu..ck off! You don't decide!
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by muktarmtt(m): 4:29pm On Mar 10, 2013
confusion247: Now we know that APC is all about north. But too bad that there is no vacancy in aso rock till 2019.
Now i knw why ur name is confusion d u tink by coming runing ur mouth will chng anyting give us a break dude wise up hw many vote cn u bring. Mumu
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by omonnakoda: 4:30pm On Mar 10, 2013
omonnakoda:
That is the way alll Nigerians feel about the Ibo. The ibo man does not know how to humble himself and woo others.Rather is boastful and arrogant.Last week we heard how Abokis control oil blocks.See how long they hid it if it is true.The Ibo man would shout from the roof tops about how that is proof of his superior business acumen and it is of course on merit.. Ibo men tell others we are the best this best that ,Nigerians are fed up to the back teeth of that.Sadly you guys do NOT get it and so just continue.
Of all the major ethnic groups you are the ones persisting with this MASSOB thing ,you need to make up your mind.

The world will not change for the Ibo man the Ibo man must change for the world to deal with the Nigerian reality as it really is and not how he imagines it is or should be .Until then keep dreaming

I am saying this not to gloat or because I am happy or proud of it.This post has got 11 likes and that is in my view an indication of how people feel about Ibos.
You guys need to do some serious soul searching and stop "spitting fire" on this thread
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by vision2050: 4:31pm On Mar 10, 2013
I wish to vote for APC come 2015 but if they present muslim as president my vote will go for GEJ. Make dem no turn our nation to islamic country
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by CVHP: 4:33pm On Mar 10, 2013
Whether or not G.E. Jonathan, Buhari, Ribadu etc wins, Nigeria is divided along tribal and religious sentiments. Only a true DEMOCRATIC process can put an end to this woes.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 10, 2013
omonnakoda:

I am saying this not to gloat or because I am happy or proud of it.This post has got 11 likes and that is in my view an indication of how people feel about Ibos.
You guys need to do some serious soul searching and stop "spitting fire" on this thread

How many times have the yorubas got into the presidency on the back of yoruba support?don't eveb mention obasanjo cos we all know he never got in there with votes from the southwest
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by akmusty(m): 4:33pm On Mar 10, 2013
I wonder wen ma pple will wake up from their slumbering, d same sentiment dat brought us to dis trouble call jonathan.is d same tread we are pathing now.vote for good candidate not because of relgion or region bt a gud Nigerian if nt I see trouble. Ibelief d niger deltan knw d differnt btw jona and yar adua

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by dayokanu(m): 4:33pm On Mar 10, 2013
omonnakoda: In theory it is possible to win the majority votes and not win if the Primary criteria of 25% of votes cast in 2/3(24) states is Not met.Where more than ONE candidate meets this criteria then the winner is determined on winner of absolute majority but the primary criteria is about SPREAD

If Buhari-Fashola win outright 19 states

he would get 25% in almost all North Central states

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by UnimkeAk(m): 4:36pm On Mar 10, 2013
Buhari, Buhari, Buhari. Some pple here on nairaland won't let us rest. APC won't win the election with Buhari as the flag bearer. We can't keep recycling old faces.
When I look at him, I see fragility, tribalism and religious intolerance. Imagine one of his campaign promises during the 2011 elections was to support sharia in the north, who does that in such a fragile polity and secular Country.
THIS NOT 1993, THERE WAS NO RELIGIOUS CRISES THEN & NO BOKO HARAM,So guys stp playing the MKO Abiola tape, CHRISTIANS all over Nigeria won't vote for a Muslim/muslim ticket.

I think he over 70yrs, we need younger leaders in power.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by omonnakoda: 4:37pm On Mar 10, 2013
dayokanu:

If......., a big one at that

as a Yoruba man I would prefer GEJ to remain in power than be used for a Power must return to the North Agenda. We must think about that seriously.What is in it for us
Firstly Buhari is too old and controversial and apart from him I see no reason why Fashola should go for VP role to any aboki so let GEJ continue or we do it on merit.

4 Likes

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by vision2050: 4:38pm On Mar 10, 2013
dayokanu:

In this Nigerian scenario the most populated region are in the North West and South West. Below are the top 5 most populated states in Nigeria 3 from NorthWest , 2 from SOuthWest.

Rank State Population
1 Kano State 9,401,288
2 Lagos State 9,113,605
3 Kaduna State 6,113,503
5 Oyo State 5,580,894
kano, kastina, kaduna is not up to that any longer ask boko haram meanwhile SW have increase in population xpecially Lagos....
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by theripper: 4:39pm On Mar 10, 2013
dayokanu:

Rank State Population
1 Kano State 9,401,288
2 Lagos State 9,113,605
3 Kaduna State 6,113,503
5 Oyo State 5,580,894

Dude, u need to forget this Electoral College ish and come back home, forget this data presented, hw many get to register, hw many would vote. Was at Kano during the last elections and saw dat PDP is present in most Northern states believe me, they know hw to get their votes where it matters. Do u know women voted massively for PDP at least where I served cuz of 5satchets of Ariel and a tin of Milo. Those pple really don't care who wins, they just want to survive. While CPC and co were busy doing their normal gallivanting in the major cities, PDP was busy winning in the villages. No wonder the "not-so-wide" margin recorded. Forget ur 19 states dream, can u truly say PDP won't get 40% in most of the states u mentioned knowing dat the SS and SE and NC is going to b a landslide victory for Jonathan.?

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 10, 2013
dayokanu:

Rank State Population
1 Kano State 9,401,288
2 Lagos State 9,113,605
3 Kaduna State 6,113,503
5 Oyo State 5,580,894

What is the percentage of SS/SE/MB in these states compared to the population of NW/NE/SW in the other states? You still do not get how this simple majority stuff works.What percentage of votes do you think APC would get in Lagos and Kadunna states?
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 10, 2013
dayokanu:

Did you just put up that permutation ? Whats that probability subject to ? A sharia nation? Is it proportional to common sense ? Did I see read it clearly ? Buhari - this name will never be President of Nigeria. He is a coupist and we know it and a Boko Haramists role model. So APC actually had no vision. APC is getting everything wrong, from Adopting another party's acronym, to not registering the party till this minute.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by SamIkenna: 4:42pm On Mar 10, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Your doomsday scenario and latent wish for the demise of our great country will, Insha Allah, never come to pass. Nigeria will move forward with or without the support of pessimists. If GEJ loses the election, that is if he is actually contests, nothing will happen. There will be noise from some disgruntles and jobless youths from SS and that will be that.

I predict that drones would have been made available to Nigeria by then - the kind that can penetrate deep into the strongholds of terrorist groups deep in the North and the creeks of the South.

Nwanne, its been a long time. How u dey. Anyway, I do not have a "latent", lol, wish for the demise of "our great country." If there's any "latent" wish in Nigeria, I believe its yours - your wish to have power by all means. Nwanne, the issue is your wish not mine. If you kick it down a notch I think things 'll fine, but if you don't then we will part ways soon.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 10, 2013
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Toktee(m): 4:45pm On Mar 10, 2013
TheBookWorm: Why is Buhari's name continue to circulate that he will be the Presidential nominee? Is it not time for a new generation of leaders to rise up? Buhari should simply retire and give other people a chance.

Fashola represents the next generation of leaders along with Oshiomhole and Okorocha.

In my opinion, Fashola is the only leader within APC who is capable of being a successful Presidential nominee.
Because there is none that can pull 12million vote as an opposition figure in nigeria except BUHARI,abi u have another name?.....Jonathan represent that new generational leaders but we see nothing new.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by rosebowl01(m): 4:48pm On Mar 10, 2013
I urge my people in the SW to NOT vote for people that has vowed to dominate you even when it's obvious that they don't have as much (relative to others) to offer. I understand that Igbos can be annoying, but that doesn't mean they're not our brothers in the South anymore. I will rather support a southern candidate than allow the North to use us to get to the presidency. They've done this in the past by using Igbos in the 1st and 2nd Republics to get Tafawa Balewa and Shagari into power respectively. They then turn around and attack this people (their supposed partners at the federal level at the time) for flimsy excuses (can you guess who got the blames after?). Please consider ONLY candidates from your (South) region. Let us maintain this mindset until they give us our due respect, and when they're ready to play fair politics. It shall be well with us.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by omonnakoda: 4:48pm On Mar 10, 2013
chukwudi44:

How many times have the yorubas got into the presidency on the back of yoruba support?don't eveb mention obasanjo cos we all know he never got in there with votes from the southwest
This is true but I fail to see the relevance unless you do not understand.No one group can produce a president without others support.The point here is the Ibo stand out for having no one's support.i.e no friends because they alienate everyone.That is the issue here.Do you gerrit now
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by AWKAMADEGUN: 4:52pm On Mar 10, 2013
Billyonaire: Did you just put up that permutation ? Whats that probability subject to ? A sharia nation? Is it proportional to common sense ? Did I see read it clearly ? Buhari - this name will never be President of Nigeria. He is a coupist and we know it and a Boko Haramists role model. So APC actually had no vision. APC is getting everything wrong.

cheesy
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by alex101(m): 4:52pm On Mar 10, 2013
In a civillized country, any reasonable political party will avoid a clueless person like Fashola. Those asking for a Fashola VP are gullible nigerians who stand for nothing, hence fall anything,,,these folks blows in any direction of the wind.

@ post, if the idea of the opposition is to seek for an Igbo VP rather than an Igbo presidential flag bearer, then they've failed. GEJ will be returned to Aso rock come 2015 and those who don't like it can blow themselves to hell, where their "72 virgins" awaits them.

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by nduchucks: 4:54pm On Mar 10, 2013
Sam_Ikenna:

Nwanne, its being a long time. How u dey. Anyway, I do not have a "latent", lol, wish for the demise of "our great country." If there's any "latent" wish in Nigeria, I believe its yours - your wish to have power by all means. Nwanne, the issue is your wish not mine. If you kick it down a notch I think things 'll fine, but if you don't then we will part ways soon.

Kedu nwanne m. I've missed you here. Don't stay away, we need your refreshing views. smiley
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Obinoscopy(m): 4:55pm On Mar 10, 2013
My advice for APC: don't field Buhari if ever u want to wrestle power from PDP. Infact PDPs prayer wld be for APC to field Buhari so that they can use propaganda to defeat him in the elections. Christians are not comfortable with that man called Buhari and PDP wld capitalise on it. My recommendation: they shld field Ribadu or a northern governor who has performed above average. This way they will stand a chance.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by ayanfeeledumare: 4:57pm On Mar 10, 2013
North South, i don't care all i need is Good governance.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 10, 2013
Obinoscopy: My advice for APC: don't field Buhari if ever u want to wrestle power from PDP. Infact PDPs prayer wld be for APC to field Buhari so that they can use propaganda to defeat him in the elections. Christians are not comfortable with that man called Buhari and PDP wld capitalise on it. My recommendation: they shld field Ribadu or a northern governor who has performed above average. This way they will stand a chance.
Please do not give them a cue.

2 Likes

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by nduchucks: 5:02pm On Mar 10, 2013
Obinoscopy: My advice for APC: don't field Buhari if ever u want to wrestle power from PDP. Infact PDPs prayer wld be for APC to field Buhari so that they can use propaganda to defeat him in the elections. Christians are not comfortable with that man called Buhari and PDP wld capitalise on it. My recommendation: they shld field Ribadu or a northern governor who has performed above average. This way they will stand a chance.

There is no reason to believe that, if he runs, Buhari will lose the states he won during the last election. I submit to you that, as the APC candidate, he will win Edo, most of the SW states, and one or two more states in the SE, in addition to the ones he won in the North during the last election. GEJ or anyone else will be defeated by such showing.

No?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Irregularities at Imo polling units,military arrest Information Commissioner / #BuhariOptics Is A Topic Now Trending On Twitter / Kabba And Ayere Road In Kogi Becomes Death Trap As Residents Cry Out (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.