Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi (25951 Views)

Presidency Breaks Silence On Patience Jonathan's Whereabout / Presidency Silent On Patience Jonathans Whereabouts / Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by slap1(m): 7:19am On Jul 22, 2013
5columnist:
Metaphor that translates to what?
To PEJ's recent 'paroles': uncordinated, bullish, over-zealous and destructive. That's how a he or "sheppopotamus" actually behaves in reality.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by akpomeme(m): 7:20am On Jul 22, 2013
Lol but no lol. He keeps making my point that he is a chauvinist. He can't even see it because that is the world he knows.

Ameachi and Soyinka are members of same cult so that explains why he will continually stand with him.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by KwoiZabo(m): 7:23am On Jul 22, 2013
There are thousand and one yoruba women that are fatter than PEJ so Soyinka means they are all Shepopotamus. What a rubbish from a so called intellectual no wonder the book of job says wisdom does not come with age (Job 32:9 - "great men are not always wise; neither do the aged understand judgement"wink. cry neither sides (pro & anti Amaechi) is fighting for good governance they are only fighting for their political future and Soyinka is taking sides. Its quite unfortunate.

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by akpomeme(m): 7:24am On Jul 22, 2013
slap1: To PEJ's recent 'paroles': uncordinated, bullish, over-zealous and destructive. That's how a he or "sheppopotamus" actually behaves in reality.

And how do you define Soyinka? A mad old professor or what? He doesn't even know when to stop. Effectively, he has felt the backlash from NIgerians, this is the reason why he is trying to justify his utterances but the more he tries, the more he will be eaten up by this mess.

5 Likes

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by bknight: 7:25am On Jul 22, 2013
If wole soyinka had not supported her appointment as permanent secretary in bayelsa state (to my disappointment), I would have said he's just attacking the first lady. In this he has shown to comment on issues without bias.

I had hoped SW would ignore this woman. She's not worth his attention

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by israel007: 7:31am On Jul 22, 2013
Insulting the president's wife, no matter how what u think the president or his wife is, is way off the way to go.

She's a 'shepopotamu' we have heard you mr perfect, hope your noble whatever has really affected youths in your area.

You said dame should conduct herself like Michelle, that's good, we employ you to conduct yourself like other reasonable and responsible statesmen

BTW how many times have you been married? Oh 3x. U see, u can't hold your house together or even keep your house in order, yet u open ur mouth.

15 Likes

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by ACM10: 8:05am On Jul 22, 2013
This foolish professor will never respect his age and accomplishments. Aint he ashamed that he is trading words with a lady? No wonder why his three marriages crashed.

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by kokoA(m): 8:09am On Jul 22, 2013
I am with the prof on this one. GEJ through Abati called respected citizens of Nigeria "sophisticated ignoramuses" and we didn't see that as an insult, the presidency also referred to Nigerian youths as "collective children of anger". They can call us names but we can't call them what they trully are.. Smh.

7 Likes

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 22, 2013
dayokanu: Well said Wole Soyinka. You have always stood for the truth

Whether its to fight for Biafra and end up in jail

Whether its to be the negotiator for MEND

Whether its to lead protest against the cabal to make Retardeen Jonathan president

You even supported the appointment of Patience Retardeen the Shepopotamus as Special adviser.

Now its left to Retardeen to put a leash on the SHEPOPOTAMUS

Once again well said Kongi

Biafra is now a noble cause to u. See hypocrisy

6 Likes

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by bodejohn(m): 8:26am On Jul 22, 2013
Is SHEPOPOTAMUS in the dictionary? NO!
OK, i will add it to my vocabulary!
And where is my goggles? This movie will definitely end in 3D. cool
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by nuclearboy(m): 8:30am On Jul 22, 2013
This interview details why Wole Soyinka is so respected internationally as an activist and also shows the extent of his intellect as opposed to the noise-makers screaming like banshees against a very simple concept.

For those insulting him and seeing only the words he used, maybe its time you read again and understand that ALL he is saying is that if the president doesn't control the first lady, he (GEJ) puts his wife in a situation where all and sundry will correct her on his behalf and he won't like that.

In case you all failed to notice, that is what has already been happening anyway.

Simply put, IF GEJ put a leash on his wife and she behaves like Michelle Obama, people would relate to her just as Obama is related to. If you insist she behaves like a lady, other men (people) won't call her unflattering names.

However, if you allow her to insult the sensibilities of the public, that same public (which he, Dayokanu etc belongs to) WILL put her in the place you have refused to put her in. And they WILL NOT be kind about it.

GEJ, make your choice

10 Likes

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by omenka(m): 8:32am On Jul 22, 2013
5columnist:

We all really need to calm down and not toe the same line with our elders on this one. Be he Prof or shepopotamus. I don't feel great addressing First Lady in this manner in my attempt to highlight why all the insults are unnecessary. Let us not be subjective.

When she learns to behave right, and conduct herself in a manner beffiting for a first lady, she'd be accorded due respect and proper titles. But for now....

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by AbuMikey(m): 8:32am On Jul 22, 2013
Very Well said Sir.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Ngwakwe: 8:36am On Jul 22, 2013
Forget about them na their style. Hypocrites.

ngozievergreen:

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by WildChild00(m): 8:42am On Jul 22, 2013
akpomeme: Lol but no lol. He keeps making my point that he is a chauvinist. He can't even see it because that is the world he knows.

Ameachi and Soyinka are members of same CULT so that explains why he will continually stand with him.

What is the name of this CULT
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by ojubi(m): 8:45am On Jul 22, 2013
BABOON SOYINKA
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by PointB: 8:58am On Jul 22, 2013
What's it with Soyinka and name calling? Couldn't he fathom another way to address issues without mudslinging? This old man has become a child. Such a shame!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by PointB: 9:05am On Jul 22, 2013
Perhaps this explains why Soyinka has been married and divorced thrice - he abused his wives, in every way!

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 9:21am On Jul 22, 2013
Such a shame. Is their any Yoruba with maturity? All child like adult. shame.

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Goddex: 9:26am On Jul 22, 2013
Prof is asking PEJ to copy from michelle Obama and I stand bold to say Prof is not in tune with American politics.
Obama's wife is receiving her own doses of such politically motivated criticisms. She is criticized from all corners from her "expensive" trip to spain to even minor issues like her dress sense. Infact, she is being nicknamed a "wannabe celebrity". It is not easy being the wife of a President in a Presidential system of government and I expect our amiable Prof Wole Soyinka to know this because often, the opposition see the wife as a prey to attack the president himself. That is exactly what is happening in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Rhino5dm: 9:27am On Jul 22, 2013
The fools crying about failed marriages should tell us how many their hero Ojukwu married in his life time or how many Nelson Mandela married. So, Nelson Mandela ceased being the greatest African because he married 3 or 4 ?

Besides, madam shepopotamus had 2 bartards(grown-up girls out of wedlock) and those Jonathan's children are equally bastards, he impregnated another woman, when it becomes obvious that madam shepopotamus can no longer bear fruits. Those living in a glass house should learn not to throw stones.

17 Likes

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by kaeto(m): 9:29am On Jul 22, 2013
This old goat again? What has a fool who says there is no GOD got to tell us? Only his kind should believe this devil's lies.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by akpomeme(m): 9:31am On Jul 22, 2013
WildChild00:

What is the name of this CULT

Ignoramus
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Rhino5dm: 9:33am On Jul 22, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: Such a shame. Is their any Igbo with maturity? All child like adult. shame.

6 Likes

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Ajibam: 9:33am On Jul 22, 2013
Shepopotamusgrin

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by ddeola: 9:33am On Jul 22, 2013
Making a lot of sense. A word is enough for the wise
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by sarutobie(m): 9:34am On Jul 22, 2013
ngozievergreen:

My brother no be today we sabi dem naa..even The color changing chameleon dey learn work were these people dey..
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by eagleeye2: 9:40am On Jul 22, 2013
Funny Country. Well we now have another name for them.....
Put a hand of applause for the;
Retardeen and Shepopotamus.
Oga Wole, dey watch you back ohh. This one no be Ibadan days and wearing mask to take over Radio Station....... Uneexpected things fit happen and we go blame Boko Haram.....
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Zither(m): 9:40am On Jul 22, 2013
Much as I like Wole Soyinka for his firm resolve in standing up for the truth I am really aversed to name calling... Wole Soyinka is my hero but he just disappointed me with this statement which I guess would be the new nick of the First Lady..
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by tseeker(m): 9:42am On Jul 22, 2013
@ 79,Prof hasn't outgrown the use of ridiculous metaphorical assertions. this isn't funny @all. even if PEJ is a fool,he shouldn't have,at least as a prof, answered according to her foolishness. Do we have elders to emulate in this country?

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Dee60: 9:43am On Jul 22, 2013
slap1: LOL at Shepopotamus! Creative, I must say!

For those who think it's an insult, it's actually called a metaphor. The First Lady has carried herself, recently, in the manner of a hippo: bullish, uncordinated, destructive and over-zealous! So it's not actually a name-calling. If you recall during the days of Obasanjo's library, when Dangote, Adenuga and others were literally 'forced' to donate towards the library project (Adenuga was 'punished' for donating below the amount OBJ told him to donate), Soyinka termed the donation process 'executive extortion'. It's metaphor, people!

Last week, Jose Mourinho said his Chelsea players trained like animals. . .do you consider that an insult? NO!

It has always been difficult to interpret Soyinka. Well, Nigerians are always asking leaders to stand up for the truth, and when they see a few standing up, they lash at them! I will never support abuses, I am just praying that Nigeria would be better after all these!

I was once on a 50 minute flight that ended up taking 150 minutes because of so called 'VIP' movement. There was rain and thundestorm all over that day, but the 'VIP' would not care. Today, Lagosians have learnt to stay at home and not venture to go out to do business whenever Dame Patience visits Lagos! Fashola once asked Dame to apologize to Lagosians for the horror that Lagosians faced when she came to say hello to her friends in Lagos. Rather than apologize, they barked at Fashola for daring to speak to 'her her excellency', 'her eminence'!

Hippo is a metaphor indeed for backward thinking and 'fossil' behaviour. Nigeria is a nation not an empire. Empires were ruled by people with hippo behavour, but in a nation we need civility in leadership. We must change. Our leaders must change. This is 2013. That you are the wife of an elected president does not make you an empress! let us all learn civility, and indeed we should not abuse or beat anyone.

Bipi went to Abuja to say he is 'speaker'. Is that not a hippo behavoiur? Chanting war and occultic songs in the house, is that not a hippo behaviour? Carving a fake mace, and using it to hold illegal house session, all with the backing of 'Abuja', is that not a hippo behaviour? Could a 'hippo' have acted in that manner without the support and backing of a 'sheppo'?

No abuses intended. We may criticize the actions but not the actors. Our first lady deserves all the respect, so does all the leaders involved in this debate.

26 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ex-Governor Mahmuda Shinkafi Joins APC / Acting IGP, Adamu Resume Duty, Release New Press Statement / No Communion For Worshippers Without Pvcs - Father Matthew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.