Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,223 members, 7,815,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi (25960 Views)

Presidency Breaks Silence On Patience Jonathan's Whereabout / Presidency Silent On Patience Jonathans Whereabouts / Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by thaoriginator: 12:42pm On Jul 22, 2013
Dee60: It has always been difficult to interpret
Soyinka. Well, Nigerians are always asking
leaders to stand up for the truth, and when
they see a few standing up, they lash at
them! I will never support abuses, I am just
praying that Nigeria would be better after all
these!
I was once on a 50 minute flight that ended
up taking 150 minutes because of so called
'VIP' movement. There was rain and
thundestorm all over that day, but the 'VIP'
would not care. Today, Lagosians have learnt
to stay at home and not venture to go out to
do business whenever Dame Patience visits
Lagos! Fashola once asked Dame to apologize
to Lagosians for the horror that Lagosians
faced when she came to say hello to her
friends in Lagos. Rather than apologize, they
barked at Fashola for daring to speak to 'her
her excellency', 'her eminence'!
Hippo is a metaphor indeed for backward
thinking and 'fossil' behaviour. Nigeria is a
nation not an empire. Empires were ruled by
people with hippo behavour, but in a nation
we need civility in leadership. We must
change. Our leaders must change. This is
2013. That you are the wife of an elected
president does not make you an empress! let
us all learn civility, and indeed we should not
abuse or beat anyone.
Bipi went to Abuja to say he is 'speaker'. Is
that not a hippo behavoiur? Chanting war and
occultic songs in the house, is that not a
hippo behaviour? Carving a fake mace, and
using it to hold illegal house session, all with
the backing of 'Abuja', is that not a hippo
behaviour? Could the 'hippo' have acted in
that manner without the support and backing
of the 'sheppo'?
WHAT A LOVELY POST! TRUTH MUST BE TOLD WETHER THEY LIKE IT OR NOT!

striker9: now this is what I call INTELLIGENCE!,spot on bro
it don't get better than that! Nice one @Dee60
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Urine: 12:44pm On Jul 22, 2013
awodman:
Seems Soyinka now has a penchant for uncouth languages...even if you want to correct someone and in doing that you lace insults on the person naturally the person will become infuriated and would never listen to whatever you have to say...

Our dear soyinka there is something called COMMON SENSE...seek it and apply it or risk further insults from people who on a normal day would not dare exchanging words with you..

Mate, Soyinka used imagery with a touch of satire. You're not smart enough to notice that, You don't have that "COMMON SENSE".
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by ilebaami: 12:44pm On Jul 22, 2013
Maxymilliano:

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php/national-news/127772-why-im-at-war-with-first-lady-by-soyinka

http://www.theguardianmobile.com/readNewsItem1.php?nid=15625

Hear the Irish Mirror of 17th June 2013:
"Motorists can expect major traffic disruptions in Dublin today and tomorrow due to the visit of the US first lady Michelle Obama and her daughters Sasha and Malia.

Kildare Street on the south of the city will be closed to through traffic until tomorrow evening as the three women are staying in the Shelbourne Hotel.

Mrs Obama and her daughters are visiting Dublin while her husband will be at the G8 summit in Fermanagh.

Dublin Bus routes through the city will also be affected and will re-join their routes via Hume Street/St Stephen‘s Green or Merrion Square East.

There will also be temporary rolling road closures to make the movements of Mrs Obama and her daughters easier today.

Traffic coming from the Leeson Street direction on the opposite side of St Stephen’s Green will not face restrictions.

Local parking restrictions are in place on St Stephen’s Green East and North and Molesworth Street until tomorrow evening after kicking in at 6pm yesterday."
How intelligent is Soyinka?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Aifey(m): 12:44pm On Jul 22, 2013
slap1: LOL at Shepopotamus! Creative, I must say!

For those who think it's an insult, it's actually called a metaphor. The First Lady has carried herself, recently, in the manner of a hippo: bullish, uncordinated, destructive and over-zealous! So it's not actually a name-calling. If you recall during the days of Obasanjo's library, when Dangote, Adenuga and others were literally 'forced' to donate towards the library project (Adenuga was 'punished' for donating below the amount OBJ told him to donate), Soyinka termed the donation process 'executive extortion'. It's metaphor, people!

Last week, Jose Mourinho said his Chelsea players trained like animals. . .do you consider that an insult? NO!
4me repect shud b earned. Hw can she look up a city just 2make her hair, 5 is greater than 27, 16 greater than 19. And everybody shud shut up 4such nonscence. 4rm an illitrate. Thts y we keep goin backwards. Hw can this 2fools transform nigeria. She desrves more names.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 22, 2013
PointB: Perhaps this explains why Soyinka has been married and divorced thrice - he abused his wives, in every way!
You keep f00ling yourself, who says Wole Soyinka divorced three times? FYI, yes, he got married three times. He married his first wife, a colleuge in the UK at the age of 23 in 1957, when he gave birth to his first son. This son who is the Commissioner of Health, Ogun State is GEJ's mate. In order words, WS is a father to GEJ, and PEJ, his daughter-in-law.
His third wife is still with him. In fact at he beginning of this month he was with her in Sapele during the funeral of her mother. The wife was his student in the Department of Dramatic Arts, University of Ife (now OAU) who graduated in 1983, and works as a journalist.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 22, 2013
AYE YO!!
WORD ON THE STREET IS
WHEN THE MAD PROF WENT TO JAIL
THEY HAD HIM PICKING UP SOAP
OPENED HIM UP REAL GOOD
THATS Y HE SPEWS SHITE ALL OVER THE PLACE wink

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 22, 2013
WildChild00:

During the Military regime of Late General Sanni Abacha, where were you people? Rather U ran out of the country on exile to form Nadeco.. Y u nor wait, make u see ur blood?

Who the hell is that inconsequential phaggot, mate? I know a lot of African strong men like: Gaddafi, the last king of Scotland a la Idi Amin, Mobutu Sese Seko, Mubarak, Gamal Abdel Nasser etc.. Who the hell is that? The mofos' name isn't even on google. undecided

We're bravehearts - we're never scared!
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by uvoh(m): 12:49pm On Jul 22, 2013
slap1: LOL at Shepopotamus! Creative, I must say!

For those who think it's an insult, it's actually called a metaphor. The First Lady has carried herself, recently, in the manner of a hippo: bullish, uncordinated, destructive and over-zealous! So it's not actually a name-calling. If you recall during the days of Obasanjo's library, when Dangote, Adenuga and others were literally 'forced' to donate towards the library project (Adenuga was 'punished' for donating below the amount OBJ told him to donate), Soyinka termed the donation process 'executive extortion'. It's metaphor, people!

Last week, Jose Mourinho said his Chelsea players trained like animals. . .do you consider that an insult? NO!

wetin dis one dey talk. Who are u tryin to fool wit ur warped analysis of wat a metaphor means. So becos it is a metaphor it then means it cant connote negation? The context in which "animal" was used by Mourinho was in a positive sense but "shepopotamus" creates a negative disposition. I guess ur one of those dat is so enamoured by him that ur logic and sense of chivalry has been blurred. I want to believe u were late d day ur sch teacher taught figurative expressions so i'll accept ur ignoramus conjectures. Mtcheew.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 22, 2013
We run this bi.tch - disrespect the greatest man to ever come out of that country and I might come see you.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 22, 2013
ShyM-X:

Who the hell is that inconsequential phaggot, mate? I know a lot of African strong men like: Gaddafi, the last king of Scotland a la Idi Amin, Mobutu Sese Seko, Mubarak, Gamal Abdel Nasser etc.. Who the hell is that? The mofos' name isn't even on google. undecided

IT TAKES 1 2 KNOW ANOTHER
IF HE IS A PHAGGOT
I TAKE IT IT U'RE HIS B!!!TCH
MUSTVE PHUCKED U REEAL GOOD
HAD U LICKING YO' SHITE
OFF HIS DICK tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 22, 2013
How come neither Soyinka nor Patience have given any statement regarding the child marriage clause currently in debate?

Not even GEJ himself.

Trading needless words over a fight among corrupt officials in Rivers State.

Nigeria. Talk about misplaced priorities.

Hmm. undecided
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 22, 2013
striker9: eweso oooo,Ijebu!Most FAbulous people on Earth lol

Eweso, bruddah.

Repping for waterside, hometown is Epe.

There's non like us and they can't be us - but they can try, tho.

Ijebu IQ!! loooo

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 22, 2013
How I wished WS has spoken earlier than he is now doing PEJ would have calmed down. Have you noticed that she has not been in the news of late? A day or so after WS metaphorically called her hippoppotamus she gave revelations that link her to the crisis in Rivers State.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 22, 2013
Babzilla:
IT TAKES 1 2 KNOW ANOTHER
IF HE IS A PHAGGOT
I TAKE IT IT U'RE HIS B!!!TCH
MUSTVE PHUCKED U REEAL GOOD
HAD U LICKING YO' SHITE
OFF HIS DICK tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

So you've accepted that your pops is a phaggot, no?

Then you must have been birthed by artificial insemination, I guess.

Perhaps, that's why you're ret.arded and you type in caps like a dyslexic patient. undecided

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 22, 2013
If the Presidency is not careful, and PEJ called to order, WS whose works are mostly satire, will right one against this government. And as we all know books live many years after the authors' death, generations to come will know how the wife of a particular president of Nigeria was over ambitious.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by WildChild00(m): 1:00pm On Jul 22, 2013
ShyM-X:

But, be that as it may be, it is still on record till dat, that you people ran out of the country on exile, speaking frm an unknown country, even with an un-licensed radio station, lemme ask you, one more time, during Military regime of the late Abacha can Mr. wole Soyinka use such language as an advise to Mrs Abacha? The simple answer is absolutely no no no, or Mustapha and co will just arrange him.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 22, 2013
WildChild00:

But, be that as it may be, it is still on record till dat, that you people ran out of the country on exile, speaking frm an unknown country, even with an un-licensed radio station, lemme ask you, one more time, during Military regime of the late Abacha can Mr. wole Soyinka use such language as an advise to Mrs Abacha? The simple answer is absolutely no no no, or Mustapha and co will just arrange him.

Listen mate, I don't know all the tongue twisting names you start spamming my PC screen with. If these people were that strong, I bet their names would be on the list of African strong men. Heck, Charles Taylor from Liberia is on the list.

I reiterate: who are the inconsequential people? Prof. Soyinka is definitely not scared of no man and he has always been out there in the trenches. If you ever meet a scared Ijebu man - then he must be a fake and a fraud - we're never scared.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by weebee(f): 1:12pm On Jul 22, 2013
In my own opinion calling another man's wife names is really uncalled for and a younger person for that matter. It really shows how much respect our prof has for women. It would have been better if the corrections and criticism were given out of love and desire for a change.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by WildChild00(m): 1:13pm On Jul 22, 2013
ShyM-X:

Listen mate, I don't know all the tongue twisting names you start spamming my PC screen with. If these people were that strong, I bet their names would be on the list of African strong men. Heck, Charles Taylor from Liberia is on the list.

I reiterate: who are the inconsequential people? Prof. Soyinka is definitely not scared of no man and he has always been out there in the trenches. If you ever meet a scared Ijebu man - then he must be a fake and a fraud - we're never scared.

I am still asking you this simple question; and you have not been able to give me a good answer ever since, during Abacha's regime where was Mr. Wole Soyinka? And why was he not talking?
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 22, 2013
ShyM-X:

So you've accepted that your pops is a phaggot, no?

Then you must have been birthed by artificial insemination, I guess.

Perhaps, that's why you're ret.arded and you type in caps like a dyslexic patient. undecided

LIKE U'VE ACCEPTED THAT URE HIS B!!!TCH NO?
NOW TRYNA MAN UP WITH THE TRASH TALKING
CANT FOOL ME THOUGH
COS AT THE END OF THE DAY
U'D BE BACK THERE ASSUMING THE POSITION
ON UR KNEES RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM
OR HOLDING UR ANKLES LIKE A GOOD B!!!TCH SHOULD

OH AND ShyM-X (MORE LIKE SH!+MEX) SOUNDS LIKE THE NAME A DYSLEXIC PATIENT WOULD ADOPT
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by akpomeme(m): 1:16pm On Jul 22, 2013

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 22, 2013
to those suffering from the hippotami virus and the shepoptamus syndrome keep bashing a man you can't equal even if you reincarnate ten times. we won't stop bashing the presidency cause he and his hang-ons and sidekicks open the insulting spree, firstly our elders were rascals later we were called children of anger and other names. so when we hurl ret.ardeen, hippotami, shepopotamus and manatees and other adjectives at them the world should know they started the war and as yorubas we can never defeated in the mouth war. awa ni omo ti ko ki lo ile lo gba esi. to all you manatees and mami wati we are ready to intellectually place you all in the path of reasoning. and least I forget madam shepopotati should learn to be a lady before becoming a first lady.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 22, 2013
to those suffering from the hippotami virus and the shepoptamus syndrome keep bashing a man you can't equal even if you reincarnate ten times. we won't stop bashing the presidency cause he and his hang-ons and sidekicks open the insulting spree, firstly our elders were rascals later we were called children of anger and other names. so when we hurl ret.ardeen, hippotami, shepopotamus and manatees and other adjectives at them the world should know they started the war and as yorubas we can never be defeated in the mouth war. awa ni omo ti ko ki lo ile lo gba esi. to all you manatees and mami wati we are ready to intellectually place you all in the path of reasoning. and least I forget madam shepopotati should learn to be a lady before becoming a first lady.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by gidson12(m): 1:26pm On Jul 22, 2013
this is the kind of rubbish show of shame chinua achebe would never soil himself with, he leads by action, when he was not in support of the government, he rejected the state recognition and award.....

shame on wiole soyinka

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by wonlasewonimi: 1:27pm On Jul 22, 2013
If you put yourself on an insult-way, the insult must come to you.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by sasho9ja(m): 1:29pm On Jul 22, 2013
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by gidson12(m): 1:33pm On Jul 22, 2013
Babzilla:

LIKE U'VE ACCEPTED THAT URE HIS B!!!TCH NO?
NOW TRYNA MAN UP WITH THE TRASH TALKING
CANT FOOL ME THOUGH
COS AT THE END OF THE DAY
U'D BE BACK THERE ASSUMING THE POSITION
ON UR KNEES RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM
OR HOLDING UR ANKLES LIKE A GOOD B!!!TCH SHOULD

OH AND ShyM-X (MORE LIKE SH!+MEX) SOUNDS LIKE THE NAME A DYSLEXIC PATIENT WOULD ADOPT
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

#falls from an okro tree#
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by kingbang: 1:35pm On Jul 22, 2013
The ranting mad Local Professor at it again. Jobless person that exchanges words with women. Phaggotass f00l!
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by omar22(m): 1:36pm On Jul 22, 2013
WildChild00:

How many times did you see Mrs Abacha in the news or in public?

Yes we did see the late Miriam Babangida but she acted more gracefully and was honoured as one of the most influencial person in Africa. Compared to the one who should audition for the next series of the cartoon movie called Madagascar. Abeg joor someone should put the hippo in a "hot air balloon" and send it towards the Island of Dr Maureaux!

She would provide the hot air!
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by omar22(m): 1:39pm On Jul 22, 2013
gidson12: this is the kind of rubbish show of shame chinua achebe would never soil himself with, he leads by action, when he was not in support of the government, he rejected the state recognition and award.....

shame on wiole soyinka

I cant remember the late Chinua Achebe been in a position of Authority or power for him to express his leadership qualities?
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by omar22(m): 1:40pm On Jul 22, 2013
anago12: to those suffering from the hippotami virus and the shepoptamus syndrome keep bashing a man you can't equal even if you reincarnate ten times. we won't stop bashing the presidency cause he and his hang-ons and sidekicks open the insulting spree, firstly our elders were rascals later we were called children of anger and other names. so when we hurl ret.ardeen, hippotami, shepopotamus and manatees and other adjectives at them the world should know they started the war and as yorubas we can never defeated in the mouth war. awa ni omo ti ko ki lo ile lo gba esi. to all you manatees and mami wati we are ready to intellectually place you all in the path of reasoning. and least I forget madam shepopotati should learn to be a lady before becoming a first lady.

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by sasho9ja(m): 1:44pm On Jul 22, 2013
kingbang: The ranting mad Local Professor at it again. Jobless person that exchanges words with women. Phaggotass f00l!
Lol, pls what primary school did you attend?
Your papa get waec not to talk of phd?
Is your father recognized in your family or even village not to talk of nationally/internationally?
I bet you are jst a teenager, better go watch some Ben-10 or Justin Bieber.
God was merciful to give creatures like you mouth, would have kept you in the wilderness with snakes/scorpions where you actually belong.
Your views are worthless, maybe you hope to be "Ruben Abati" or some of those unskilled, crude uneducated/Mal-informed special spokesmen/media dudes of the presidency!
Grow up Mr. Hipopo.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Four ‘Notorious’ Bandits Terrorising Kaduna LGA Neutralized By Troops / Buhari A Joke, Unfit To Be Administrator Of Whatsapp Group- Atiku / Water Returns To Kwara State, 48 Hours After Governor Abdulrazaq Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.