Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi (25955 Views)

Presidency Breaks Silence On Patience Jonathan's Whereabout / Presidency Silent On Patience Jonathans Whereabouts / Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 22, 2013
Lmao @ shepopotamus!!! grin grin grin

I absolutely love this man - he's staying true to his Ijebu roots.

We don't take shyte from no one and we gatt acidic mouths for days, yo.

Hale Wole Soyinka!! cool
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by millhouse: 9:47am On Jul 22, 2013
Maxymilliano:

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php/national-news/127772-why-im-at-war-with-first-lady-by-soyinka

http://www.theguardianmobile.com/readNewsItem1.php?nid=15625

This man should keep quiet with his selective criticism, when Thiefibu uploaded billboards everywhere in lagos with his mom's posters , we didnt hear his voice , when he appointed his daughter as the new iya loja he didnt make any comments , but he all of a sudden found his voice on issues happening in rivers .

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by badassnigga(m): 9:47am On Jul 22, 2013
yeah that shepopotamus needs be educated ...well said Prof
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 22, 2013
hahahahaha......Hilarious!!

This thread is comedy, glad to see we have some literates on NL. So relieving cheesy

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by pheyikemi: 9:51am On Jul 22, 2013
tseeker: @ 79,Prof hasn't outgrown the use of ridiculous metaphorical assertions. this isn't funny @all. even if PEJ is a fool,he shouldn't have,at least as a prof, answered according to her foolishness. Do we have elders to emulate in this country?
Dnt wait to emulate d elders in ds country, all they want to do is marry underage, feed monthly wiv #1.3Bn and other nasty stuffz. And only few of Nig youths fight against dat esp now dat Nig is broke accordin to Iweala. All u c youths do here is clamour for biafra, bcom cowards nd worship pple in power even wen they do wrong. Calculate #1.3bn for d last 2years, nd see wot it amounts to, if it won't provide jobs for Nig youths. Nig youths let's put aside our differences nd com 2geda nd fight these pests eating Nig's future. TOGEDA WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by tbanger(m): 9:51am On Jul 22, 2013
KwoiZabo: There are thousand and one yoruba women that are fatter than PEJ so Soyinka means they are all Shepopo... What a rubbish from a so called intellectual no wonder the book of job says wisdom does not come with age (Job 32:9 - great men are not always wise; neither do the aged understand judgement). cry neither sides (pro & anti Amaechi) is fighting for good governance they are only fighting for their political future and Soyinka is taking sides. Its quite unfortunate.

The bible is always right my brother. His mental growth is similar to " the curious case of Benjamin Button"
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by IGBAACHI: 9:52am On Jul 22, 2013
Does this Soyinka have a wife? I thought he is educated. How can he keep insulting someone else's wife in public like this? And to think that Patience Jonathan is the president's wife.If actually he has genuine friends(Not naira-land typists), they should advise him that he is really fooling himself. He may have achieved so much in the past, but right now, he is really withdrawing from the emotional bank accounts he has with all of us that reason objectively.

I wonder how satisfying it is for him to publicly heap crude insults on the first lady of his own country. The truth all his supporters claim he is speaking, how has this particular ''truth'' uplifted Nigeria. It is only dividing us further and is making me feel some people have really lost it in their bitterness. I am utterly shocked at his latest behaviour.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by sultanemerald(m): 9:55am On Jul 22, 2013
5columnist:
Metaphor that translates to what? Enough of this nonsense. I see you are definitely entertained and have found name calling directed at PEJ a new source of amusement.

apparently. i am delirious with joy.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nichobabe(m): 9:55am On Jul 22, 2013
I think the PROF is playing politics now. Why insult the first Lady, it is good to correct someone but not to insult the person when doing that.
BTW i am not supporting PEJ she needs to be more diplomatic and needs to be told the truth (not by insulting her please). Amechi is power drunk and if care is not taken this will be his end politically. Why fight everybody in your state? Obio/Akpor LGA is still under lock. PDP chieftains in River state, Former friend WIKE, Former mentor Odili etc haba wetin only you?

Let the PROF mind his language and stop trying to entertain us with grammer.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by penny01502: 9:56am On Jul 22, 2013
Nwa Teacher: This old parrot will not stop to amaze me. Must you look 4 attention at all time. Ur a cultist
what does this unrespected idioot saying?
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by born2boink(m): 9:57am On Jul 22, 2013
awodman:
Seems Soyinka now has a penchant for uncouth languages...even if you want to correct someone and in doing that you lace insults on the person naturally the person will become infuriated and would never listen to whatever you have to say...

Our dear soyinka there is something called COMMON SENSE...seek it and apply it or risk further insults from people who on a normal day would not dare exchanging words with you..
He should keep quiet until curfew is impose next time PEJ is visiting river state since all road has been blocked just for hair dressing alone......lose your sense Mr. Hepopotamus

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by blackbeau1(f): 9:57am On Jul 22, 2013
I used to respect this man a lot but fight with patience is really bringing him 'low' in my estimation. Fighting with a street tout makes you a street tout. Exchanging words with Madam Patience makes you equal to her

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 22, 2013
Anyway, what's chauvinistic about "Shepopotamus?"

Very soon, I bet you lot are going to start saying "WOman" and FEmale" are also chauvinistic. SMFDH! undecided undecided
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by sultanemerald(m): 9:59am On Jul 22, 2013
millhouse:

This man should keep quiet with his selective criticism, when Thiefibu uploaded billboards everywhere in lagos with his mom's posters , we didnt hear his voice , when he appointed his daughter as the new iya loja he didnt make any comments , but he all of a sudden found his voice on issues happening in rivers .

what are you on about, sir? uploaded billboards? on high way computer harddisks? iya loja? is that a nigerian thing or a yoruba thing? what is wrong with people? naming calling bad. corrective criticism good. dont make this about yourself pleasr.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by igbsam(m): 9:59am On Jul 22, 2013
GAD DAYUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!! Shepopotamus That's one hell of an insult. grin Soyinka sure has a bad mouth. That's like a bulls eye, init ?
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by born2boink(m): 10:00am On Jul 22, 2013
H.I.P for that hip for that hipopo, P.O.P.O for that HIPOPO and T.A.M.U.S for that hipopotamus, HIPOPOTAMUS !!!.....sad, I cannot return to primary school

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by madjune(m): 10:02am On Jul 22, 2013
THERE ARE BETTER WAYS OF PUTTING THE FIRST LADY IN HER PLACE, MR SOYINKA.
CLEARLY, CALLING HER SHIPOPOPTAMUS IS DOWNRIGHT DEROGATORY AND SMACKS OF ABUSE FROM AN UNREPENTANT CHAUVNISTIC MALE.
IT IS WRONG.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by slap1(m): 10:02am On Jul 22, 2013
Dee60:

It has always been difficult to interpret Soyinka. Well, Nigerians are always asking leaders to stand up for the truth, and when they see a few standing up, they lash at them! I will never support abuses, I am just praying that Nigeria would be better after all these!

I was once on a 50 minute flight that ended up taking 150 minutes because of so called 'VIP' movement. There was rain and thundestorm all over that day, but the 'VIP' would not care. Today, Lagosians have learnt to stay at home and not venture to go out to do business whenever Dame Patience visits Lagos! Fashola once asked Dame to apologize to Lagosians for the horror that Lagosians faced when she came to say hello to her friends in Lagos. Rather than apologize, they barked at Fashola for daring to speak to 'her her excellency', 'her eminence'!

Hippo is a metaphor indeed for backward thinking and 'fossil' behaviour. Nigeria is a nation not an empire. Empires were ruled by people with hippo behavour, but in a nation we need civility in leadership. We must change. Our leaders must change. This is 2013. That you are the wife of an elected president does not make you an empress! let us all learn civility, and indeed we should not abuse or beat anyone.

Bipi went to Abuja to say he is 'speaker'. Is that not a hippo behavoiur? Chanting war and occultic songs in the house, is that not a hippo behaviour? Carving a fake mace, and using it to hold illegal house session, all with the backing of 'Abuja', is that not a hippo behaviour? Could the 'hippo' have acted in that manner without the support and backing of the 'sheppo'?
I agree with you, sir! But then, we (Nigerians) understand differently.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by tbanger(m): 10:03am On Jul 22, 2013
black_beau: I used to respect this man a lot but fight with patience is really bringing him 'low' in my estimation. Fighting with a street tout makes you a street tout. Exchanging words with Madam Patience makes you equal to her

All I'm saying my dear. I don't have any iota of respect for him again. He has allowed himself to be used by politicians. Strangely, this same politicians will still use it against him. Only time will tell.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by adetboy: 10:04am On Jul 22, 2013
Now I think prof you are talking just too much!
Is this old age or something? lipsrsealed
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by sultanemerald(m): 10:05am On Jul 22, 2013
i think its Rivers state, people. with an "s".
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 22, 2013
THE ESKIMOS GOT IT RIGHT
WHEN ONE BECAME OLD AND USELESS
THAT PERSON USUALLY ISOLATED HIMSELF
AND DIED IN SOLITUDE RATHER THAN BECOME
A BURDEN FOR THE OVERALL GOOD OF THE TRIBE
WE CAN BORROW A PAGE FROM THIS CULTURE cool
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by IGBAACHI: 10:12am On Jul 22, 2013
born2fuck: He should keep quiet until curfew is impose next time PEJ is visiting river state since all road has been blocked just for hair dressing alone......lose your sense Mr. Hepopotamus

And you think if a state of emergency is to be declared, these ''truth'' by Soyinka will stop it? Anyway, your name says everything.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by pheyikemi: 10:16am On Jul 22, 2013
IGBA-ACHI:

And you think if a state of emergency is to be declared, these ''truth'' by Soyinka will stop it? Anyway, your name says everything.
u didn't get wot he's saying Mr, he meant shd he keep quiet until curfew is declared d next tym madam coms visiting Rivers state?
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by wazobiaN9(m): 10:18am On Jul 22, 2013
Babzilla: THE ESKIMOS GOT IT RIGHT
WHEN ONE BECAME OLD AND USELESS
THAT PERSON USUALLY ISOLATED HIMSELF
AND DIED IN SOLITUDE RATHER THAN BECOME
A BURDEN FOR THE OVERALL GOOD OF THE TRIBE
WE CAN BORROW A PAGE FROM THIS CULTURE cool

You are young i reckon, but does that make you more useful to the Nation than Soyinka??

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by ibietela2(m): 10:24am On Jul 22, 2013
[size=38pt]SMH[/size]
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by omar22(m): 10:25am On Jul 22, 2013
awodman:
Seems Soyinka now has a penchant for uncouth languages...even if you want to correct someone and in doing that you lace insults on the person naturally the person will become infuriated and would never listen to whatever you have to say...

Our dear soyinka there is something called COMMON SENSE...seek it and apply it or risk further insults from people who on a normal day would not dare exchanging words with you..

Tell me whats common sense in the first lady closing a public road because she wants to attend her hair-dresser? who need enemies when we have people like you lot! Cherrie Blair (Tony Blair's wife) former UK Prime Minister's wife took a public train from London to Luton even forgot to buy a train ticket and was about to face criminal charges, but the punch line here is that she gets on the public transport.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by luvmijeje(f): 10:26am On Jul 22, 2013
Shepopotamus ke! our first lady haff suffer o.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by ibietela2(m): 10:26am On Jul 22, 2013
wazobia_N9:

You are young i reckon, but does that make you more useful to the Nation than Soyinka??

And how useful is Soyinka to the nation at his age??

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by IGBAACHI: 10:26am On Jul 22, 2013
pheyikemi: u didn't get wot he's saying Mr, he meant shd he keep quiet until curfew is declared d next tym madam coms visiting Rivers state?

Maybe. But what I know is that if I heap these insults on someone's wife publicly even in a state of anger, I must later wish i never did it when my anger must have subsided.

But to keep coming out everyday to insult the woman publicly, that's stretching it.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by knockturnal(m): 10:28am On Jul 22, 2013
If the prof actually stooped so low as to call the president's wife a shepo*******, then he is no better than a street thug, an agbero, an illiterate who knows no better than to resort to name calling to give credibility to his stance.
I think the old fu*k is getting senile.
Was the whole of Nwaniba road not blocked for hours when he came to Uyo to collect his share of the loot? And here he is hypocritically raining praises on Akpabio all because he has collected his own GMG.
Chauvanistic SOaG.

5 Likes

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by chilecharis(f): 10:33am On Jul 22, 2013
I thought gray hair signify wisdom? am not really seeing wisdom on d head filled with gray hairs

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

PDP Chief: Anyim Tricked Jonathan To Sign N1.2b Deal / How Jonathan Was Deceived, Sabotaged By His Own Cabinet, Others – Wike / Oby Ezekwesili's Red Card Movement Gains Grounds On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.