Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi (25957 Views)

Presidency Breaks Silence On Patience Jonathan's Whereabout / Presidency Silent On Patience Jonathans Whereabouts / Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by debbiebear(f): 2:58pm On Jul 22, 2013
Easy on our madam at d top sir.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 22, 2013
WildChild00:

Fine Mr. Wole Soyinka is an icon, but the question would be, has that title been able to put food on the table for him? We all know how he runs from one government to the other, he is known as "AGIP" meaning Any Governement in Power, according to Ail Baba, we also heard that one of his sons is a state commissioner now, in one of the south west states.

excuse me mister in yorubaland money don't dictate everything like in your place. and please is soyinka son not qualified for that position??. the money soyinka collect for lectures and academic appointment in various universities will make a serious businessman look like a joke. and for your allegation it is baseless. your dosage of hateroid for this man is nauseating.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by MrMann1(m): 3:07pm On Jul 22, 2013
@kingbang you sound as a very confused man, did you put all the problems of naija on your head?... Pele ooo
@Wildchild, he can run to any govt in power if he so wishes, na ya leg he take run, and he can still yab anybaga wey Bleep up, na him get him mouth.... Shey you get anybody to run to for your ordinary local govt.... Naija is Man know Man.... Let that get into your thick skull.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by omar22(m): 3:07pm On Jul 22, 2013
Well if it looks like a hippo

walks like a hippo

talks like a hippo

its probably a SHEPOPOTAMUS

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 22, 2013
kingbang:

And that's enough for a man his age to stoop so low as to use uncouth words on a lady? He should hide his head in shame.
You're now refering to her as a 'lady', and not 'first lady'. You're gradually grasping what WS is saying. Congratulations!
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by WildChild00(m): 3:10pm On Jul 22, 2013
anago12:

excuse me mister in yorubaland money don't dictate everything like in your place. and please is soyinka son not qualified for that position??. the money soyinka collect for lectures and academic appointment in various universities will make a serious businessman look like a joke. and for your allegation it is baseless. your dosage of hateroid for this man is nauseating.

We all know Wole Soyinka's son that was appointed a commissioner in one of the south west states was not on merit; it is as a result of the heavy romancing of Bola Tinubu, na today, he is making it from lectures all around the world? Then while is he not statisfied with wat he is making? Look call your PROF to order! Or if he needs appointment @ the federal level let him speak out ( we can create a small office, with chair and table for him cheesy cheesy), it never toooo late do just dat, he has always done dis in the past.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by kingbang: 3:11pm On Jul 22, 2013
anago12:

my mama won't block the road for a session in the salon. and she is not trying to challenge my dad colleagues at his work place even when she is a mere appendage in that setting. for your insult I will let it pass.

Then mind your language.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 22, 2013
WildChild00:

We are know Wole Soyinka's son that was appointed a commissioner in one of the south west states was not on merit; it is as a result of the heavy romancing of Bola Tinubu, na today, he is making it from lectures all around the world? Then while is he not statisfied with wat he is making? Look call your PROF to order! Or if he needs appointment @ the federal level let him speak out, it never toooo late do just dat, he has always done dis in the past.

I pass this homo erectus is irredeemable.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by kingbang: 3:13pm On Jul 22, 2013
sasho9ja:
That does not change d fact that u b bushmo, and ur parents are suffering in the village while u are here using mtn free browsing showing your unflinching support for a common "Shepopo".

God Go punish u if u allow you parents to die in dia current situation!
if only you had 1% regards for them as you have for the lard Shipopo, they would have blessed you, and you should be with ruben abati, and not here enjoying company of urban compradols, learned fellows who you know are way beyond your class!
Grow up kid, its never too late to learn, untill you get a reservation in the cemetery.

Only the child of a person would be this stewpid. Its obvious your father abuse your mother at home and probably address her as "shepoppotamus". Anyway, You should relocate to the nearest orphanage.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 22, 2013
kingbang:

Then mind your language.

if you know my real identity you can't even measure up to my shoelaces in the line of insult.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by kingbang: 3:15pm On Jul 22, 2013
anago12:

[b]my mama won't block the road for a session in the salon. and she is not trying to challenge my dad colleagues at his work place even when she is a mere appendage in that settin[/b]g. for your insult I will let it pass.

And that is enough reason to address someone else's mother with such a word? Shows your Professor lacks proper home training.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by kingbang: 3:15pm On Jul 22, 2013
anago12:

if you know my real identity you can't even measure up to my shoelaces in the line of insult.

You should probably check mine. Bring it on!
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by kingbang: 3:17pm On Jul 22, 2013
Ola Johnson:
You're now refering to her as a 'lady', and not 'first lady'. You're gradually grasping what WS is saying. Congratulations!

WTF are you saying? First Lady or not, you don't address ladies in such manner. You can correct them without stooping so low as to trade insults and use uncouth names. There is something wrong with Soyinka's upbringing.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 22, 2013
kingbang:

And that is enough reason to address someone else's mother with such a word? Shows your Professor lacks proper home training.

you that have it in abundant have use 90% of your nairaland life in throwing insults. look into the mirror pal.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by druid06(m): 3:18pm On Jul 22, 2013
I'm not sure what the hokus pokus on this Forum is all about. The professor from the little I know about has always stood for what is right. He is always against the oppression by those in power against their subordinate. If that's not patroticism, I am damn not sure what else it is.

The first lady on so many occassions has abused the power invested on her countless number of time by interfering with so much government and official matters and uses the power of the first house for her own personal purpose which is absolutely wrong and unconstitutional.

The kind professor in his absolute wisdom has seen the flaw and tried to call the first lady to order by using metaphors such as hipopotamus/shepopotamus to justify her actions and her deeds as being destructive. It's no news the first lady in fat and if the kind professor wanted to assertain the nature of her weight, he wasn't going to hide like a coward behind some metaphor, he was going to blatantly tell her she's fat. I know him so well for being very outspoken.

Since the first lady is too uneducated to understand/comprehend the metaphor the kind professor used to describe her dstructive nature, she should try to untie herself from anything involving politics and remove herself from anything involving official documents and government matters..

For those who say the kind professor was too harsh and abusive towards the first lady. One thing they're forgetting is that the professor is sure damn older than her and is old enough to be father. As a father, spare the rod and spoil the child. Also, respect is repriprocable. Since the first lady wants to be addressed as lady, she should first learn how to be a lady.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by WildChild00(m): 3:27pm On Jul 22, 2013
Mr. Mann:
@kingbang you sound as a very confused man, did you put all the problems of naija on your head?... Pele ooo
@Wildchild, he can run to any govt in power if he so wishes, na ya leg he take run, and he can still yab anybaga wey Bleep up, na him get him mouth.... Shey you get anybody to run to for your ordinary local govt.... Naija is Man know Man.... Let that get into your thick skull.

Where was the Prof. during the Abacha's regime, why was he so so so scared to speak out ( and he even ran out of the country) or was he scared to die @ as den? Why his he speaking know, or was it becos the man @ the aim of affairs is so soft-hearted?
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 22, 2013
WildChild00:

Now you're talking, dont tell me you hv changed your handle, well this is the irony of the debate, the question would be, why do you south-westerners take somebody that is quite for a ride? FYI radio Kudirat was set-up outside the shores of the country as a result of the fear of the unknown, by urfellow south westerners, " dey no born them well to set am up for naija" rather it was even in the forest....lol. Mr. Wole was decleared wanted by the regime of Abacha, becos he talks toooo much, my question to you is why he nor wait if they born am well Sergeant Rogers and co would hv arranged him.
You may find out, whether on google or any other device, 'Radio Kudirat was transmitting from Tonkere forest, OAU, Ile-Ife, without even the knowledge of the management of the school. Some of those behind include: Prof. Wole Soyinka, Prof. Julius Ihonbvere, the SSG of Edo State; Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State, Dr. Dipo Fashina, Mr. Dele Momodu, Sen. Sola Adeyeye and so on. Some years ago when NASU members were protesting, one of their leaders, 'Pastor Oluwo' said even those that were farming around the station never knew that 'Radio Kudirat' which Abacha had been looking for was in Ile-Ife. When Abacha was about getting them, after he had declared Wole Soyinka wanted dead or alive, Wole Soyinka ran through Seme via "NADECO ROUTE."
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 22, 2013
ACM10: This foolish professor will never respect his age and accomplishments. Aint he ashamed that he is trading words with a lady? No wonder why his three marriages crashed.

It is becoming more difficult to free slave and blunt thinking minds like yours. You support the First Lady simply because she is from the same state as you ? She closes down a whole state because she wants to visit the hairdresser . Isn't that barbaric? She is indeed a Shepopotamus !
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by druid06(m): 3:30pm On Jul 22, 2013
WildChild00:

Where was the Prof. during the Abacha's regime, why was he so so so scared to speak out ( and he even ran out of the country) or was he scared to die @ as den? Why his he speaking know, or was it becos the man @ the aim of affairs is so soft-hearted?

Why did your father not stand up against the former military dictator Gen. Abacha during his terror reign?

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 22, 2013
kingbang:

Whether she is someone's mother or not . She ain't acting like a civilised lady. She needs to learn.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 22, 2013
WildChild00:

Fine Mr. Wole Soyinka is an icon, but the question would be, has that title been able to put food on the table for him? We all know how he runs from one government to the other, he is known as "AGIP" meaning Any Governement in Power, according to Ail Baba, we also heard that one of his sons is a state commissioner now, in one of the south west states.
Yes, one of his sons is a Commissioner in Ogun State appointed by ACN, just as one of his daughters, Moremi Soyinka, is a member of the governing council of appointed by the PDP in one of the federal universities in the north.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by shineeye1: 3:41pm On Jul 22, 2013
The Prof is not too big to be advised. His resort to uncouth language may be hailed by hooligans but he has lost some statesmanship points. I'm afraid age and academics have not completely purged him of his "PIRATE" mannerism.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 22, 2013
kingbang:

WTF are you saying? First Lady or not, you don't address ladies in such manner. You can correct them without stooping so low as to trade insults and use uncouth names. There is something wrong with Soyinka's upbringing.
Something must be wrong with you: You've known WS for years now, it is now that he is 79 that you now know that something must be wrong with his upbringing. Sorry!
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by WildChild00(m): 3:44pm On Jul 22, 2013
druid06:

Why did your father not stand up against the former military dictator Gen. Abacha during his terror reign?

I dont know why u hv to use foul language, FYI my father was a military man @ as den what about u?
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by MrMann1(m): 3:45pm On Jul 22, 2013
WildChild00:

Isn't this a foolish question, during those times Wole Soyinka was and still against ills facing the society and Nigeria at large, but there wasn't freedom for anybody, EVERYBODY was scared but he was still known for what he stood for then, there was little he could do, he has his family, he has his kids and Abacha could kill anybody and no one would dare him..... He was a bad dictator, he cared less about lifes and he doesn't want anybody to say ANYTHING except yes sir, Wole and other human rights activist didn't have the needed platform to do tjings they were suppose to do.... Its not a matter of soft hearted, this is democracy and there is freedom of speech.... Shepopotamus passed her boundary and Wole lashed out at her, its not a big deal, abacha regime was then we talking of now.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Mamog(m): 3:46pm On Jul 22, 2013
PEJ was actually right when she said “The good, old Prof. reminds one of the truth that indeed, most of the giants on the street are men of like passions like everyone else. Worse still, most of them are actually standing on clay feet and would fail the test of a gentle push. Wole has given credence to PEJ assertions.
Lets not also forget that Gumsu Sanni Abacha claims "Wole Soyinka is a "Mad Empty Professor that lives on bad mouthing his Motherland and continent for Dollar and euro!" tell me if wole is not actually a Prof of Bad mouthing- Age is turning this mere mortal into something else.God help our young men of today so they don't become like Prof Wole in his old age who have lost the virtues of an African Man who finds it a taboo quarreling with another man's wife let alone the wife of the king..
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 22, 2013
kingbang:

You should probably check mine. Bring it on!

you have been reduced to vegetable on numerous occasions. the last one made you create Yoruba ah Ye. I don't wanna go down that line with you anymore.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 22, 2013
WildChild00:

I dont know why u hv to use foul language, FYI my father was a military man @ as den what about u?

The way you reason amazes me. You are clearly in support of a woman mis-using power. Shame on you!
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by WildChild00(m): 3:50pm On Jul 22, 2013
Ola Johnson:
Yes, one of his sons is a Commissioner in Ogun State appointed by ACN, just as one of his daughters, Moremi Soyinka, is a member of the governing council of appointed by the PDP in one of the federal universities in the north.

Listen, the Prof is doing quite well, but the manner @ which he is going about it is absoultely wrong, his brother was the president of this country for eight good years, are you saying he was 100% perfect? No, why was the prof not speaking? call your Prof to order, I was in Lagos wen the late Stella Obasanjo visited, I spent 4 hours on holdup, the prof could not speak on dat y?
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by druid06(m): 3:55pm On Jul 22, 2013
WildChild00:

Do you know how to read? Kindly refer to me where I used a derogative term in reference to your father. If I did, I'm sure the mods on this thread would have hidden my comment and given me a ban.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by WildChild00(m): 3:56pm On Jul 22, 2013
ifeness:

The way you reason amazes me. You are clearly in support of a woman mis-using power. Shame on you!

How did she mis-use power tell me? Was it the Late Yara dua's wife that never mis use power? Babaginda's wife? Stella Obasanjo name it..... Be fair in your judgement.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 22, 2013
WildChild00:

Listen, the Prof is doing quite well, but the manner @ which he is going about it is absoultely wrong, his brother was the president of this country for eight good years, are you saying he was 100% perfect? No, why was the prof not speaking? call your Prof to order, I was in Lagos wen the late Stella Obasanjo visited, I spent 4 hours on holdup, the prof could not speak on dat y?
Are you the father of Wole Soyinka and Olusegun Obasanjo? Why say the are brothers? Do Soyinka and Obasanjo sound alike? WS spoke against OBJ to the extent that OBJ became tied and said WS' problem was his lack of god (you may say God). WS replied that he had a god but his was different from that of WS.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How Saraki Blackmailed INEC Boss In Order To Halt Dino's Recall- SaharaReporters / New Photos Of Zahra Buhari Indimi / Man Cries For Losing Enugu Local Government Election (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.