Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi (25952 Views)

Presidency Breaks Silence On Patience Jonathan's Whereabout / Presidency Silent On Patience Jonathans Whereabouts / Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 22, 2013
chronique: If only soyinka would just step aside and think things properly. How on earth will a 79yrs old man be seen exchanging words in public with a "woman"(not man) in her 50s? That's like a father throwing words around in public with his daughter. Even if he means well and wants to correct her,why call the wife of a sitting president by the name of an animal? Does he not realise he's actually insulting the president that way? Is this the best way to go about correcting a person? An elder who doesn't want his white lace soiled,should not be seen playing soccer with kids in mud sand. Truly,the bible rightly puts it: "the age of a methusela has nothing to do with his wisdom". This is just the perfect scenario to explain this. I'm seriously disappointed in this man. Never knew he could debase himself to this extent. So sad.

imagine o. Ihe nke a diro gi egwu?
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Owolabi10: 11:53am On Jul 22, 2013
dayokanu: Well said Wole Soyinka. You have always stood for the truth

Whether its to fight for Biafra and end up in jail

Whether its to be the negotiator for MEND

Whether its to lead protest against the cabal to make Retardeen Jonathan president

You even supported the appointment of Patience Retardeen the Shepopotamus as Special adviser.

Now its left to Retardeen to put a leash on the SHEPOPOTAMUS

Once again well said Kongi
PLease he never fought for biafra,he was apprehended going to the other side because he wanted to broker peace between the two warring nations
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by bstplyr329(m): 11:56am On Jul 22, 2013
9ce 1 u got deir... coz diz pple need pple 2 atleast tell dem dey hve limit 2 were dey reach, dix madam deserve pple lyk wole nd co. 2 tel dem hw dey ar 2 behave, bcox is lyk inside dat aso dey ar bulls witout rope control, nd which is nt de way de other world is.... salute 2 de only prof.. i tip my head!
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Owolabi10: 11:57am On Jul 22, 2013
nothing wrong with calling her a domestic appendage,but calling her a shepopotamus is quite way out of line and invective,
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by sweetrace(f): 12:06pm On Jul 22, 2013
The Professor should stop being a bully. If he truly wanted to advice The First Lady of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, then he should have had a private talk with her. He won the Nobel Prize for his writing. I think he should stick to that. He could even write a play titled "Our Senators Have Gone Mad!"
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by CodeHouse: 12:06pm On Jul 22, 2013
Indirectly Prof is saying GEJ is a 'HE'POPOTAMUS..Gbam!
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by kliq(m): 12:07pm On Jul 22, 2013
slap1: She popo is for the wife, while he popo is the husband. . .both are of the hippopotamus family.
hahahaha cheesy and the kids?
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by gbengaobaye: 12:08pm On Jul 22, 2013
Dame 1-0.oh dame ebele.Shepopo ebele patience jonathan.My wife shepopo.Oya arrest Baba woletamus
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Rhino5dm: 12:10pm On Jul 22, 2013
ngozievergreen:

who the hell knows what this miscreant is talking about?

Ojukwu married only once. Bianca!

Oh yes, i know he has two children before then.

It is documented everywhere, Ojukwu wedded once. To A woman that sacrificed her crown and pageantry dream for him. And stood with him till death..

But despite the Soyinka's supposed nobel, the 3 women couldnt bear his mundane stance. Including the concubines.

My point is, remove ojukwu from your wishful thinking

Father told me about love child - Ojukwu's son

First son of late Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, Mr. Debe
Odumegwu-Ojukwu, on Sunday told that Teny Harman was his
late father's a biological daughter.

Debe, who spoke to our correspondent in Enugu, said there was no
reason to question the paternity of Herman, as he (Debe) had
always known about her.

He said, “That is his daughter, I knew about her; my father told me
himself. The old man told me that Teny Herman was his daughter.
I am his biggest and closest confidant; so there were so many
things he laid bare to me which he never told others.”
Debe, also known as Sylvester, revealed that Teny Herman's
mother was a Northerner.

“Her mother is from the North - Kaduna State precisely but I am
not so sure of her first name now,”
he said.

http://mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/news/father-told-me-about-love-child-ojukwus-son/

He married Bianca when he was old enough to be her father like the sharia senator Yarima.

Ojukwu married altogether four wives, one at a time. He
married his first wife Elizabeth Okoli from Awka town in
Anambra State, in 1957, but she did not have a child.
Following their divorce, he married his second wife, Njideka
Onyekwelu, from Nawfia, Anambra State in 1964. They had
three children: Emeka Jnr, Mimi and Okigbo. Ojukwu married
his third wife, Stella Onyeador from Arochukwu in Abia State,
and they divorced later in the 1980s. In 1989, he married his
fourth wife and widow Bianca Onoh from Udi. They have
three children.

. http://www.kwenu.com/publications/onyeji/ojukwu_and_biafra_principle.html

With four wives and so many bastards he's still your hero, NO? Those of you living in the glass house should learn not to throw stones.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 22, 2013
awodman:
Seems Soyinka now has a penchant for uncouth languages...even if you want to correct someone and in doing that you lace insults on the person naturally the person will become infuriated and would never listen to whatever you have to say...

Our dear soyinka there is something called COMMON SENSE...seek it and apply it or risk further insults from people who on a normal day would not dare exchanging words with you..
You want to teach the man that taught the man that taught the man that taught the man that taught the man that taught the man that taught the man that taught you? You've a long way to go.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 22, 2013
Burger01:

grin

Howdy bro? Trust you're doing good.

What's poppin', bro?

Are you Ijebu as well? - if you're, eweso to you lool.

Mofos don't know you don't get into war of words with Ijebu's, else you'll be verbally ra.ped with no vaseline and mentally fvcked thus inducing permanent low self-esteem on your person for the rest of your life lool.

Shepopotamus is the new word - I've been texting that ish to everyone since morning - bwahahahaha
Mandem are going nuts!
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 22, 2013
5columnist:
Metaphor that translates to what? Enough of this nonsense. I see you are definitely entertained and have found name calling directed at PEJ a new source of amusement.
You name, 5th columnist, says it all.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by omar22(m): 12:15pm On Jul 22, 2013
ngozievergreen:

To A woman that sacrificed her crown and pageantry dream for him.

You mean the crown Ben Bruce helped rigged? please give us a break
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 22, 2013
U KNOW
ITS KINDA HARD UNDERSTANDING THE MAD PROF THESE DAYS
MAYBE ITS COS HE GOT A MOUTH FULL OF NUTS
AMAECHI'S NUTS
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Dollarjunkie: 12:18pm On Jul 22, 2013
pheyikemi: that's d only part ur eyes would see. Why not read d corrective parts nd learn frm it too. No wonder Nig is still d way it is wiv pple like u.

You are so foolish to type the above gibberish.
And how has been Nigeria with people like you??
Why will he not see that part or is it not part of what the man said??
If we should keep ignoring mistakes where we see them, Wole should as well not see what PEJ did in PH.
I hate seeing this kind of your sentimental comment, it pisses me off!
Like you've done anything or have the brain to do something that will change the country.
Again, with people like you, where is Nigeria??
Or ain't you a Nigerian?
IMAO (In My Arrogant Opinion)
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Bolan123: 12:18pm On Jul 22, 2013
It is a pity that Soyinka has just exposed what we all know is synonymous with of a section of this country. The use of uncouth language on personalities has been seen in the characters of Adedibu, Obasanjo, even by the same people here in Nairaland. I am talking about the tout aka "agbero" language. Soyinka can deceive people with his high sounding vocabulary but a dog will always eat shit.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 22, 2013
Shepopo..GEJ and his his Shepopo are getting bashed from all fronts...even Abati understand what its means taking on the Prof..and so the cowardly silence. The Osinlu guy too has gone undeground.

Next time..she will learn how to wisely pick her fights..

These online Igbo e warriors are pushing her into the deep. Cowards that can bark and bray on annoynmous fora like Nairaland.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Bushdiri(m): 12:20pm On Jul 22, 2013
Old man, you are to advice and not to insult,believe it or not she is still your First Lady and by God's grace will remain your First Lady till 2015, Woleconfraternity, an illiterate is better than a devil tool like prof.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 22, 2013
Babzilla: U KNOW
ITS KINDA HARD UNDERSTANDING THE MAD PROF THESE DAYS
MAYBE ITS COS HE GOT A MOUTH FULL OF NUTS
AMAECHI'S NUTS

I bet your pops has a wider mouth full of bigger nuts and faeces!

Word on the road is that your pops swallowed a bowl full of nuts and a few people from around the way nutted a few times on his fugly face - how true is that? undecided

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 22, 2013
akpomeme: Lol but no lol. He keeps making my point that he is a chauvinist. He can't even see it because that is the world he knows.

Ameachi and Soyinka are members of same cult so that explains why he will continually stand with him.
How come you just got to know that Wole Soyinka and Rotimi Amaechi are in the same "cult." Start reasoning.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by MiloRambaldi(m): 12:23pm On Jul 22, 2013
Why does Prof Soyinka call the First Lady "Shepopotamus" or "Hippopotamus"?

Is it because he thinks she's fat and ugly? Does the Prof detest people because of their physical looks, which is largely a function of genetics?

It's ok to speak against the First Lady over her alleged involvement in Rivers State affairs, but the name-calling over her physical looks is rather childish and very low - poor judegment by Soyinka.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Rhino5dm: 12:23pm On Jul 22, 2013
omar22:

You mean the crown Ben Bruce helped rigged? please give us a break

Dont mind the lying dolt. Ojukwu married her, she was his fourth wife against the wish of her father like the sharia senator. She was barely 19 while he was 44(typical child abuse).
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by omar22(m): 12:28pm On Jul 22, 2013
This weeks Quote:

“People said I call her a domestic appendage, what’s the problem with that? What’s the problem with Madam Shepopotamus? (Dame Patient Goodluck)”

- Wole Shoyinka
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 22, 2013
ACM10: This foolish professor will never respect his age and accomplishments. Aint he ashamed that he is trading words with a lady? No wonder why his three marriages crashed.
I've come to realize how 'sensible' you're. When GEJ is called retardeen or clueless you feel bad,you even try with a particular moderator to twist rule 2. Here you're calling Wole Soyinka a f00l yet the moderators didn't hide your comment. I pity you.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by olu77(m): 12:32pm On Jul 22, 2013
These old people should save the youths all these dramas. At a time when education is being relegated and unemployment is at it's peak, they are contented with shameless and senseless dramas. We used to be people who are cultured, they have destroyed our African moral values. They encourage leaders of tomorrow to go into prostitution, violent cultic activities, child marriage and all sort of perversion in other to derail us from thinking straight. As close as they are to their graves, these elders only have legacies of chaos, confusion, division and corruption to leave behind. Young people, it's time we begin to think, independently, how to rescue our nation from these men and women who are confused, blind and lost, since we no longer have role models.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by pheyikemi: 12:32pm On Jul 22, 2013
Dollarjunkie:

You are so foolish to type the above gibberish.
And how has been Nigeria with people like you??
Why will he not see that part or is it not part of what the man said??
If we should keep ignoring mistakes where we see them, Wole should as well not see what PEJ did in PH.
I hate seeing this kind of your sentimental comment, it pisses me off!
Like you've done anything or have the brain to do something that will change the country.
Again, with people like you, where is Nigeria??
Or ain't you a Nigerian?
IMAO (In My Arrogant Opinion)
Guess u are high on bread wiv toothpaste. And u are so wise as not to be able to decipher rights from wrongs, even when it is staring right @ u. Whether you are pissed or not, hu cares . So bug off junkie and stop doing drugs
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by striker9(m): 12:32pm On Jul 22, 2013
Dee60:

It has always been difficult to interpret Soyinka. Well, Nigerians are always asking leaders to stand up for the truth, and when they see a few standing up, they lash at them! I will never support abuses, I am just praying that Nigeria would be better after all these!

I was once on a 50 minute flight that ended up taking 150 minutes because of so called 'VIP' movement. There was rain and thundestorm all over that day, but the 'VIP' would not care. Today, Lagosians have learnt to stay at home and not venture to go out to do business whenever Dame Patience visits Lagos! Fashola once asked Dame to apologize to Lagosians for the horror that Lagosians faced when she came to say hello to her friends in Lagos. Rather than apologize, they barked at Fashola for daring to speak to 'her her excellency', 'her eminence'!

Hippo is a metaphor indeed for backward thinking and 'fossil' behaviour. Nigeria is a nation not an empire. Empires were ruled by people with hippo behavour, but in a nation we need civility in leadership. We must change. Our leaders must change. This is 2013. That you are the wife of an elected president does not make you an empress! let us all learn civility, and indeed we should not abuse or beat anyone.

Bipi went to Abuja to say he is 'speaker'. Is that not a hippo behavoiur? Chanting war and occultic songs in the house, is that not a hippo behaviour? Carving a fake mace, and using it to hold illegal house session, all with the backing of 'Abuja', is that not a hippo behaviour? Could the 'hippo' have acted in that manner without the support and backing of the 'sheppo'?
now this is what I call INTELLIGENCE!,spot on bro

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by WildChild00(m): 12:35pm On Jul 22, 2013
Dee60:

It has always been difficult to interpret Soyinka. Well, Nigerians are always asking leaders to stand up for the truth, and when they see a few standing up, they lash at them! I will never support abuses, I am just praying that Nigeria would be better after all these!

I was once on a 50 minute flight that ended up taking 150 minutes because of so called 'VIP' movement. There was rain and thundestorm all over that day, but the 'VIP' would not care. Today, Lagosians have learnt to stay at home and not venture to go out to do business whenever Dame Patience visits Lagos! Fashola once asked Dame to apologize to Lagosians for the horror that Lagosians faced when she came to say hello to her friends in Lagos. Rather than apologize, they barked at Fashola for daring to speak to 'her her excellency', 'her eminence'!

Hippo is a metaphor indeed for backward thinking and 'fossil' behaviour. Nigeria is a nation not an empire. Empires were ruled by people with hippo behavour, but in a nation we need civility in leadership. We must change. Our leaders must change. This is 2013. That you are the wife of an elected president does not make you an empress! let us all learn civility, and indeed we should not abuse or beat anyone.

Bipi went to Abuja to say he is 'speaker'. Is that not a hippo behavoiur? Chanting war and occultic songs in the house, is that not a hippo behaviour? Carving a fake mace, and using it to hold illegal house session, all with the backing of 'Abuja', is that not a hippo behaviour? Could the 'hippo' have acted in that manner without the support and backing of the 'sheppo'?

Mr. S.A to Governor Fashola on media, how are u?
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by eio2013: 12:37pm On Jul 22, 2013
Soyinka is a bunch of disappointment.
We believe it is only illiterates that use abusive language during expression. In that case Soyinka falls under this category.
He should respect himself as an elder and stop all this busybody
where was he when Fashola increased LASU school fees and doctors strike. HYPOCRITE..
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by striker9(m): 12:38pm On Jul 22, 2013
ShyM-X:

What's poppin', bro?

Are you Ijebu as well? - if you're, eweso to you lool.

Mofos don't know you don't get into war of words with Ijebu's, else you'll be verbally ra.ped with no vaseline and mentally fvcked thus inducing permanent low self-esteem on your person for the rest of your life lool.

Shepopotamus is the new word - I've been texting that ish to everyone since morning - bwahahahaha
Mandem are going nuts!
eweso oooo,Ijebu!Most FAbulous people on Earth lol

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by WildChild00(m): 12:40pm On Jul 22, 2013
ShyM-X:
Lmao @ shepopotamus!!! grin grin grin

I absolutely love this man - he's staying true to his Ijebu roots.

We don't take shyte from no one and we gatt acidic mouths for days, yo.

Hale Wole Soyinka!! cool

During the Military regime of Late General Sanni Abacha, where were you people? Rather U ran out of the country on exile to form Nadeco.. Y u nor wait, make u see ur blood?
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Urine: 12:40pm On Jul 22, 2013
awodman:
Seems Soyinka now has a penchant for uncouth languages...even if you want to correct someone and in doing that you lace insults on the person naturally the person will become infuriated and would never listen to whatever you have to say...

Our dear soyinka there is something called COMMON SENSE...seek it and apply it or risk further insults from people who on a normal day would not dare exchanging words with you..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ex-Governor Mahmuda Shinkafi Joins APC / Acting IGP, Adamu Resume Duty, Release New Press Statement / No Communion For Worshippers Without Pvcs - Father Matthew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.