Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,170 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi (25958 Views)

Presidency Breaks Silence On Patience Jonathan's Whereabout / Presidency Silent On Patience Jonathans Whereabouts / Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by omar22(m): 10:38am On Jul 22, 2013
Goddex: Prof is asking PEJ to copy from michelle Obama and I stand bold to say Prof is not in tune with American politics.
Obama's wife is receiving her own doses of such politically motivated criticisms. She is criticized from all corners from her "expensive" trip to spain to even minor issues like her dress sense. Infact, she is being nicknamed a "wannabe celebrity". It is not easy being the wife of a President in a Presidential system of government and I expect our amiable Prof Wole Soyinka to know this because often, the opposition see the wife as a prey to attack the president himself. That is exactly what is happening in Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re3bXwvcxIg

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by knockturnal(m): 10:46am On Jul 22, 2013
penny01502: what does this unrespected idioot saying?

Which part dont u undastand?? The man is talking like a parrot with oral dysentry and he is a pioneer cultist in nigeria.
From ur above statement i can see english is a hurdle for u.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Orikinla(m): 10:46am On Jul 22, 2013
Kongi don come again.
Which one be SHEPOPOTAMUS? grin
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Rdyaj: 10:48am On Jul 22, 2013
The first salvo lunched by prof WS, was directed to the president to caution his wife, the First Lady about her excesses in the River state crisis. Even sycophants like Ruben Abati wrote a similar write-up in 2010, sequel to when he joined the presidential bandwagon.i think it was just necessary for someone to call the attention of the president about his wife,having in mind that the 1999 constitution does not provide for the office of the first-lady.. This in context of Nigeria is based on sentiments hence our First Lady should get a brief perusal to the constitution,digest and understand her role should be more like an NGO.
In recent time our First Lady has agreed to the claims and accusation of being involved in Rivers crisis when 16 bishops visited her from the south-south region of Nigeria.
Instead of wallowing in the abyss of ignorance please,Read up both links below before making further comments and lets always get our facts right for the purpose of learning from each.

http://premiumtimesng.com/opinion/141280-dame-patience-our-presidents-darling-wife-by-reuben-abati.html

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/07/mrs-jonathans-case-against-amaechi/
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by 5columnist: 10:48am On Jul 22, 2013
angry
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by omar22(m): 10:49am On Jul 22, 2013
Orikinla: Kongi don come again.
Which one be SHEPOPOTAMUS? grin

Well if it looks like a hippo

walks like a hippo

talks like a hippo

its probably a SHEPOPOTAMUS
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by adezzy01(m): 10:55am On Jul 22, 2013
alienvirus: Hey! What is the meaning of Shepopo pls?
.Its simply define as a destructive, non classic female misusing ungiven polical office.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 22, 2013
KwoiZabo: There are thousand and one yoruba women that are fatter than PEJ so Soyinka means they are all Shepopo... What a rubbish from a so called intellectual no wonder the book of job says wisdom does not come with age (Job 32:9 - great men are not always wise; neither do the aged understand judgement). cry neither sides (pro & anti Amaechi) is fighting for good governance they are only fighting for their political future and Soyinka is taking sides. Its quite unfortunate.
Just when we think there might yet be hope for Nigeria, someone like this turns up to disabuse us of our fantasy.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Olaolufred(m): 10:57am On Jul 22, 2013
omar22:

Well if it looks like a hippo

walks like a hippo

talks like a hippo

its probably a SHEPOPOTAMUS

YOU MUST BE BRILLIANT TO KNOW SHE IS ALL THESE.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by omar22(m): 11:00am On Jul 22, 2013
Olaolufred:

YOU MUST BE BRILLIANT TO KNOW SHE IS ALL THESE.

All What?
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 22, 2013
If Wole won't respect himself,I won't have any choice than to withdraw the respect I have for him. He's beginning to sound like a broken record. Or is old age rendering him senile?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by omenka(m): 11:11am On Jul 22, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: Such a shame. Is their any Yoruba with maturity? All child like adult. shame.

What's shameful about insisting 5<27, and 16<19? What is shameful about insisting a city shouldn't be shut down just because a "first lady" is visiting

These might seem but little infringements on fairness, justice and logic. The risk lies in not speaking up against them just like the prof is doing.

Silence in the face of evil is like a tacit nod of approval.

If we don't stand up today against these, as little as they seem, we embolden our oppresors who ought to be out liberators, to trample upon us even more!

Who knows, tomorow, they might insist I'm a woman and with the anti gay law in place, insist I get married to a man; because we agreed "5 is greater than 27"!!!

Think Nigerians, think!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 22, 2013
[quote
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 22, 2013
Babzilla: THE ESKIMOS GOT IT RIGHT
WHEN ONE BECAME OLD AND USELESS
THAT PERSON USUALLY ISOLATED HIMSELF
AND DIED IN SOLITUDE RATHER THAN BECOME
A BURDEN FOR THE OVERALL GOOD OF THE TRIBE
WE CAN BORROW A PAGE FROM THIS CULTURE cool
Of course, we can, starting from the aged in your family. Or do all of you die young?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Burger01(m): 11:15am On Jul 22, 2013
ShyM-X:
Lmao @ shepopotamus!!! grin grin grin

I absolutely love this man - he's staying true to his Ijebu roots.

We don't take shyte from no one and we gatt acidic mouths for days, yo.

Hale Wole Soyinka!! cool

grin

Howdy bro? Trust you're doing good.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by pheyikemi: 11:15am On Jul 22, 2013
lorretta u: If Wole won't respect himself,I won't have any choice than to withdraw the respect I have for him. He's beginning to sound like a broken record. Or is old age rendering him senile?
grin grin funniest comment eva. He doesn't even knw u exist. So I'll advise u to keep ur respect to urself so as not to waste it grin
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Aabheaven(m): 11:15am On Jul 22, 2013
pheyikemi: that's d only part ur eyes would see. Why not read d corrective parts nd learn frm it too. No wonder Nig is still d way it is wiv pple like u.
pheyikemi: that's d only part ur eyes would see. Why not read d corrective parts nd learn frm it too. No wonder Nig is still d way it is wiv pple like u.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by ifihearam: 11:23am On Jul 22, 2013
With all due respect ,Wole is a BIG FOOL.
i hereby strip him of all the respect i once had for you MR wole.
Openly calling the first lady of the federal republic names is an indication of your failed marriages, you are an eediioot to say the least,little wonder abacha;s daughter rained insults on you.

You made reference of Obama's wife,shame!!!!
Michelle Obama closed down a beach in dubai just because she and her daughter wanted to have fun,is something wrong with this man ni? or is he getting mad as a result of old age?

6 Likes

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by omar22(m): 11:23am On Jul 22, 2013
pheyikemi: grin grin funniest comment eva. He doesn't even knw u exist. So I'll advise u to keep ur respect to urself so as not to waste it grin

Nuff said!!!
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 22, 2013
Isn't this a shame? Isn't this the same Wole Soyinka who has always given his life for Nigeria? Who has been thrown in jail and victimised by several regimes and governments because of his "parrot" nature? Now he isn't "all that" because PEJ is from the SS/SE? Wow. Nigeria, I hail. These same twatts will come out tomorrow and cry marginalisation and victimisation.
Would Stella Obasanjo have come to Lagos and not got criticised if she did what Dame did? But now that it's Dame and we speak, it's because we're jealous?
You guys have just shown how small-minded you are. Enjoy your shepo meat. But be warned, it has an expiry date. You can't eat it forever.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by rozayx5(m): 11:29am On Jul 22, 2013
Wole Soyinka loosing his respect by the day embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by biggjoe(m): 11:29am On Jul 22, 2013
[size=18pt]it is not true, Soyinka cannot say these things.
He cannot possibly stoop this low.
Somebody misquoted him.[/size]
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Olaone1: 11:32am On Jul 22, 2013
[size=23pt]He called on Dame Jonathan to take a cue from President Barack Obama’s wife[/size], stating: “We ask unelected people to look around and see how the Mrs. Michelle Obamas of the world are conducting themselves,” adding, however, that if the Dames of this world do not learn, “we must educate them.”
Surely, THE prof hasn't seen Mrs Obama's convoy. I remember New York once stood still for her just because she wanted to watch a f**king movie. Even Spain! She travels around with nothing less than 50 Secret Service agents.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Olaone1: 11:36am On Jul 22, 2013
And, calling a woman, a mother, Naija's First Lady names is so so soooooo wrong. This is the 21st century for heaven's sake. Respect women, prof.
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by jmaine: 11:43am On Jul 22, 2013
Oga Wole Soyinka no suppose word madam PEJ with such uncouth tag na . .

If Dem follow dish correct yabs now, people go begin hala for him sake
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:44am On Jul 22, 2013
awodman:
Seems Soyinka now has a penchant for uncouth languages...even if you want to correct someone and in doing that you lace insults on the person naturally the person will become infuriated and would never listen to whatever you have to say...

Our dear soyinka there is something called COMMON SENSE...seek it and apply it or risk further insults from people who on a normal day would not dare exchanging. words with you..
and how has achebe applied the same common sense?

Was it wen he decided to wield his fictional prowess in writing 'there was a country'? A story that if not regarded for a friction that it was, and. Discarded by normal nigerians as insane, will spark a civil war!

And if only d book has succeeded to polute the minds of sane people and had sparked a civil war, that is how the cripple will drag himself to hell by dying!

A situation that is synonym to ojukwu fleeing the war scene after inciting a war!
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by chronique(m): 11:44am On Jul 22, 2013
If only soyinka would just step aside and think things properly. How on earth will a 79yrs old man be seen exchanging words in public with a "woman"(not man) in her 50s? That's like a father throwing words around in public with his daughter. Even if he means well and wants to correct her,why call the wife of a sitting president by the name of an animal? Does he not realise he's actually insulting the president that way? Is this the best way to go about correcting a person? An elder who doesn't want his white lace soiled,should not be seen playing soccer with kids in mud sand. Truly,the bible rightly puts it: "the age of a methusela has nothing to do with his wisdom". This is just the perfect scenario to explain this. I'm seriously disappointed in this man. Never knew he could debase himself to this extent. So sad.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 22, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
The fools crying about failed marriages should tell us how many their hero Ojukwu married in his life time or how many Nelson Mandela married. So, Nelson Mandela ceased being the greatest African because he married 3 or 4 ?

Besides, madam shepopotamus had 2 bartards(grown-up girls out of.wedlock) and those Jonathan's children are equally bastards, he impregnated another woman, when it becomes obvious that madam shepopotamus can no longer bear fruits. Those living in a glass house should learn not to throw stones.

who the hell knows what this miscreant is talking about?

Ojukwu married only once. Bianca!

Oh yes, i know he has two children before then.

It is documented everywhere, Ojukwu wedded once. To A woman that sacrificed her crown and pageantry dream for him. And stood with him till death..

But despite the Soyinka's supposed nobel, the 3 women couldnt bear his mundane stance. Including the concubines.

My point is, remove ojukwu from your wishful thinking
Re: Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 22, 2013
Who is this?

Shepopo.......

Very uncouth,

Maybe metaphor undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Hoodlums Stone Jonathan’s Convoy In Katsina / Turkish President, Erdogan Offers To Help Nigeria Tackle Terrorism / Four ‘Notorious’ Bandits Terrorising Kaduna LGA Neutralized By Troops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.