Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,764 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Some Girls Don't Know How To Chat - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Some Girls Don't Know How To Chat (28225 Views)

"The Right Way To CHAT/TEXT With A Girl That Will Make Her Find You Attractive" / 7 Annoying Habits "Some" Girls Manifest After Saying "YES" To A Man / Some Girls And Their Armpit Hairs. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Girls Don't Know How To Chat by mspee(f): 9:51am On Nov 23, 2013
Caracta: Some guys can bore you to tears with unnecessary questions. Some of them don't know when to keep quiet and leave you alone. Some don't get the red signals and back off.

I'm telling you. When they begin to ask questions like; have you eaten? Where are you? What are you doing now? Are you sleeping? Do you like me? Do you know I like you? Etc
Some of them bore me to sleep sometimes. angry
Re: Some Girls Don't Know How To Chat by mencade6: 9:51am On Nov 23, 2013
Harbosede02: grin seriously,av u chatted wif me b4??
maybe and maybe not. But if you want us to give a try i would welcome dat.
Re: Some Girls Don't Know How To Chat by dmcdad: 9:52am On Nov 23, 2013
olu_kenzo :
OP read my mind. I am not disposed to two attitudes typical (AFAIK) to Nigerian girls. The first being the use of stupid shorthand -- kk and its variants, the second I believe is the cause of the first -- extremely low IQ.

I am very strict: kk, I, m k nu, stupid over churchy DPs and PMs == delete. I am afraid stupidity may be contagious. Hence, I have just 37 people on my friends list, no be by force.
Your own list even plenty sef.... Me na about 18 people I get on my BBM, and chat with only a handful of em...
Re: Some Girls Don't Know How To Chat by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 23, 2013
Dannyxy: mtcheew, i am sure you are one of those girls, if you near me eh, na cement i go use plaster ur nyansh..
u dey fear??
Re: Some Girls Don't Know How To Chat by Layiwoo(m): 9:52am On Nov 23, 2013
Caracta:
Yes I am. Happy now? Next time you are going to quote me, pls make sure you have a strong defence. I am not usually nice and patient on Saturdays. Happy that you are "pretty sure"
True that.....its is called an aggressive SATURDAY abi no be so caracta *winks* cheesycheesy
Re: Some Girls Don't Know How To Chat by Caracta(f): 9:52am On Nov 23, 2013
Dannyxy: why did you accept his friend? And why the hell! Did join social media?, is it not to make friends?, .. Naija girls are just so clueless Abegie.. Why will you tell me "k", as in for what now?
Hold on. I was referring a close friend. We make good conversations and we can chat for hours, but sometimes, after enduring heavy traffic and a stressful day, I don't want to chat or punch my keypads. I explain. He still doesn't stop. I beg. He continues. And I hate ignoring someone, what would you have me do?

Note that I didn't say this happens all the time.

As for shorthand typing, I hate it passionately.
Re: Some Girls Don't Know How To Chat by Faith93: 9:52am On Nov 23, 2013
many guy has call girl dumb too much for here and is not good.
Re: Some Girls Don't Know How To Chat by Caracta(f): 9:53am On Nov 23, 2013
ms_pee:

I'm telling you. When they begin to ask questions like; have you eaten? Where are you? What are you doing now? Are you sleeping? Do you like me? Do you know I like you? Etc
I tell you.
Re: Some Girls Don't Know How To Chat by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 23, 2013
mencade6: maybe and maybe not. But if you want us to give a try i would welcome dat.
give wat a try? angry
Re: Some Girls Don't Know How To Chat by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 23, 2013
Pryme-st*rr:

Hmmmmm... 2 answer ur questions
1...her friends list doesn't matter coz u r on dt list just like she's on urs *not u o*
2...she can v a million n 1 chats going on simultaneously just lyk i v as well, doesn't mean i neglected her or d odas even when i v got many more interesting chats going on compared 2 hers.
3...being fast or slow in typing doesn't excuse shallow sense of communication. Being quick 2 reply with a "k" 2 every line i put forward gives off d empty n boring vibes about her unlike being slow, hence taking her tym 2 tnk of somtin gud 2 type so as 2 make 4 an interesting chat.
4...Very busy doing wat online abeg Looking @ her list of active friends n hoping som1 will chat her up so dt she can chat dem down Or maybe just reading every status update dey post eh.
My dear... We v bin asking dis questions 4 a long tym but no gainful responses have been forthcoming.
Ladies just need 2 revise n adjust der orientations abeg... Dey r out of date even ARCHAIC.. #IMHO#

You guys also have to share in this blame too. Are u trying to tell me you have never replied "k" or so to a girl before, most especially if u feel the girl's dp isn't beautiful. For me, these are some of the reasons I get uninterested in a guys chat.

1. If he constantly requests to see my dp or tells me to kip changing it (Is he my photographer?)
2. If am busy with chores or am reading (His chats cannot and will not boost my grades)
3. Insufficient MB (how can I have enough time to sip drinks with u online)
4. If the next thing he says is,"can we sex chat" "am cold, I need u to make me hot. (Are u kidding me? Is DAT why I added you?

5. If he keeps referring to me as baby, sexy, hotty, shawty, e.t.c (Is that the name I told u)
6. If his chat doesn't make any sense
7. If av got a boyfriend and he's trying to ask me out.

You guys must learn to read the signs... Not all girls are like dat, u kinda bring dat "k" side of us sometimes.

1 Like

Re: Some Girls Don't Know How To Chat by Caracta(f): 9:54am On Nov 23, 2013
Pryme-st*rr:

Hehehehe... Who cares about ur mood on Saturdays... Fink i'm gonna strick off an argument wit u coz of d thread?... Hell nah!
Nevertheless... Repent of ur evil ways n learn 2 cut a broda some slacks n U ll be rewarded abundantly. grin
Dude let me be. I hate shorthand typing. Seek to understand. Grow up.

1 Like

Re: Some Girls Don't Know How To Chat by Dannylux: 9:54am On Nov 23, 2013
Caracta:
Some of them are worse. A guy asks you if you love him three hours after meeting him, pray tell, is that a reasonable question?

Very few guys would behave that way. grin

But most girls are guilty of killing a convo with their boring chat pattern.
Re: Some Girls Don't Know How To Chat by UjSizzle(f): 9:55am On Nov 23, 2013
dmcdad:
I don't think that is the case... A girl who spends the whole day at home did nothing? Didn't she eat? Watch movies? surf the internet? take a nap or something? how about cooking? The list is rather endless. How about if it goes like this....:

Me:Hi
Girl: I
Me: What's up with you?
Girl: 5n
Me: How was the day?
Girl: 5n
Me: What did you do today?
Girl: Nothing(does that mean she woke up in the A.M and just saw herself in the evening? Maybe not.)
Me: (sometimes outta curiosity you might ask how come she didn't do anything all through the day)
Girl: I went to the bank before noon and on my way back I saw a school mate of mine blah blah blah(abeg that one no be something to talk about?)

Now, it would have been better for the girl to respond with "nothing special" buh I just woke up and after doing some house chores I ate. Power holding didn't even bother to restore power supply and thereby I couldn't charge my phone. Abeg with this, talk never dey to yan for subsequent minutes? Maybe the guy could pick it up from there and the both of em could chat about the issue of power supply in the country and before you know it, it might lead to some more salient issues and on and on it goes...

So you found a way to keep the convo going!! cheesy
Like I said earlier, you want to get her to let down the barrier. Take control of the direction of the conversation and keep the juices flowing.

2 Likes

Re: Some Girls Don't Know How To Chat by adexsimply(m): 9:55am On Nov 23, 2013
Not only girls, some people are not just "chatty" when it comes to "social media"
Re: Some Girls Don't Know How To Chat by Caracta(f): 9:56am On Nov 23, 2013
Dannylux:

Very few guys would behave that way. grin

But most girls are guilty of killing a convo with their boring chat pattern.
I agree with you. I am not holding brief for them. And for the guys, I said "some".

At least you get sense, unlike that child looking for my trouble.
Re: Some Girls Don't Know How To Chat by Faith93: 9:57am On Nov 23, 2013
My point in the matter is that girls and boy should love eachoda..nd be good
Re: Some Girls Don't Know How To Chat by dmcdad: 9:57am On Nov 23, 2013
Vivly: I like this thread. Most boring conversations can be avoided if either person has something interesting to say. That way, the other person picks up and you have a nice chat
Exactly! It should be a two-way traffic to help make it very interesting. Most girls just make it seem like an interview. If you stop asking, then the chat is over. It ain't supposed to be like that for crying out loud. Some people won't just accept that.

I must say this; @sweet-tease knows how to chat and the way she chats is exactly the recommended way to chat and keep a convo alive. Alot of girls need to learn the rudiments of interaction.
Re: Some Girls Don't Know How To Chat by Layiwoo(m): 9:57am On Nov 23, 2013
ms_pee:
undecided
ms_pee: yeah right,its called a chat,if U r not interested jst tell him.....na by force.or if na wooing tins no be like dat dem go start..

Re: Some Girls Don't Know How To Chat by 12month: 9:57am On Nov 23, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Truth be told, most girls consider it a privilege to have given you their phone number or pin undecided.
You need to understand the way a woman thinks before you can handle her.

So internet slangs have taken over, change it and stop complaining!!
A guy chats with me with silly shorthand, i ask him to stop. If he doesn't, i stop responding. Easy.

If you're tripping for a girl and hate the way she writes and yet refuse to tell her cos u dont wanna lose points, then you're stupid(sorry to say).

I must agree with u here... if u ar a guy just try to change ur bbm name to a female one... like sexy diva or whateva... then distribute ur pin on fb and co... d way guys will be disturbin u for boring chats sef...

Na u go run... so u can't blame d girls... but I have few female frnds that I can chat with for 3hours straight and it will still be exciting
Re: Some Girls Don't Know How To Chat by mspee(f): 9:57am On Nov 23, 2013
Iaz93: Nnn undecided

Okay, I feel your pain bro.

Good morning to you. smiley
Re: Some Girls Don't Know How To Chat by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 23, 2013
Harbosede02: shocked y am i shocked sef,no be u ni,well in english language we av 26 alphabets,5 vowels and 21 consonants,K is d 11th alphabet,itz a consonant,b4 K is j,and afta K is l...do u nw knw wat K is??grin

My sister no vex say I use you as example, but as I dey quote this your post, my text editor just mark everything with red. E no better at-all. You fit be smart person for real life but all this shorthand something dey make am hard for some of us to even read, talk more of understanding your post. I mean, na make we for understand you post am in the first place now. And abeg, dey always remember to put space after your punctuations. Once more, no vex say I use your post as example. One love!
Re: Some Girls Don't Know How To Chat by Caracta(f): 9:57am On Nov 23, 2013
Layiwoo:
True that.....its is called an aggressive SATURDAY abi no be so caracta *winks* cheesycheesy
I don't even have his time
Re: Some Girls Don't Know How To Chat by Prymestrr(m): 9:58am On Nov 23, 2013
olu_kenzo :

Sincerely, you'll never find me writing in shorthand -- example your use of "lyk" -- I find the reason why people type like that hard to process. I think its borne out of mental laziness. In the end, no be by force.
Lol... U do v a point bro but den... Would u v preferred d single syllable response 2 my double lined sentence which has a "lyk"??!
Re: Some Girls Don't Know How To Chat by Caracta(f): 9:59am On Nov 23, 2013
adexsimply: Not only girls, some people are not just "chatty" when it comes to "social media"
You get sense. I agree
Re: Some Girls Don't Know How To Chat by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 23, 2013
Caracta:
Hold on. I was referring a close friend. We make good conversations and we can chat for hours, but sometimes, after enduring heavy traffic and a stressful day, I don't want to chat or punch my keypads. I explain. He still doesn't stop. I beg. He continues. And I hate ignoring someone, what would you have me do?

Won't you simply log out if you know you're not willing to chat?
Re: Some Girls Don't Know How To Chat by UjSizzle(f): 10:00am On Nov 23, 2013
Caracta:

You're too nice and patient. If i explain all that, i just stop responding.
Complain tomorrow and i'll call you dramatic undecided

Rest and Sleep's important after a busy day.
Re: Some Girls Don't Know How To Chat by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 23, 2013
Faith93: My point in the matter is that girls and boy should love eachoda..nd be good
How does that relate to the subject matter?
Re: Some Girls Don't Know How To Chat by Caracta(f): 10:01am On Nov 23, 2013
idnoble135:
Won't you simply log out if you know you're not willing to chat?
He hates it. Na trouble be that. You know how men behave sometimes. Call it ego or "I am superior" attitude. He prefers the monosyllables to total ignore.
Re: Some Girls Don't Know How To Chat by adexsimply(m): 10:01am On Nov 23, 2013
idnoble135:
How does that relate to the subject matter?
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Some Girls Don't Know How To Chat by Prymestrr(m): 10:02am On Nov 23, 2013
Caracta:
Dude let me be. I hate shorthand typing. Seek to understand. Grow up.
Since you hate shorthand typing that much then lead by example when next you are chatting with a fella.
I'm done with you... Take your advice and GROW UP!
Re: Some Girls Don't Know How To Chat by Dannyxy(m): 10:02am On Nov 23, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Truth be told, most girls consider it a privilege to have given you their phone number or pin undecided.
You need to understand the way a woman thinks before you can handle her.

So internet slangs have taken over, change it and stop complaining!!
A guy chats with me with silly shorthand, i ask him to stop. If he doesn't, i stop responding. Easy.

If you're tripping for a girl and hate the way she writes and yet refuse to tell her cos u dont wanna lose points, then you're stupid(sorry to say).
i don't need to know how a woman thinks before starting a conversation with her, this habbit is particular to naija girls. I have chatted with alot of white girls, and i will bodly say, those girls are superb, if they notice the chat is becoming dry, or you are lacking what to say, they help you out by bringing up intelligent and interesting topic, it show how diverse they are and their level of intellectual depth, when been compare that to a naija girl own, is equal to none..
Re: Some Girls Don't Know How To Chat by Dannylux: 10:03am On Nov 23, 2013
uj_sizzle:
So you found a way to keep the convo going!! cheesy
Like I said earlier, you want to get her to let down the barrier. Take control of the direction of the conversation and keep the juices flowing.

But you gotta give us some encouragement, ladies. angry

It's not easy keeping long convos when the lady is being repulsive with her replies. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

Man Covers His Girlfriend's Face, Takes Her To The Beach And Proposes To Her / Things That A Man Needs More Than Beauty / Kogi Lady Dumped By Her Lover After Giving Birth: "Be Careful, Men Are Liars”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.