Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? - Romance (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? (56291 Views)

Ladies, Cooking For Your Boyfriend Doesn't Make You A Wife Material. / Mother, Daughter Fight Over Boyfriend In Delta / Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by sweetestguy(m): 7:50pm On Nov 27, 2013
tensor777:
Well look at this way. Would you like your own sister to be going to her boyfriends house to cook and clean for him? What next? Sleepovers, pregnancy and baby mamas. cheesy angry
Be that as it may, a guy really has nothing to lose in this situation. It is really the girl's self respect and dignity that is on the line here.
u can cook at ur bfs place without anytin hapenin,y are our minds so corrupt,if dia is sex in a relationship den its a different case,if dias no sex, cookin for ur guy won't initiate sex, you cook, you go,,bt I tel u, you cook oo,u no cook, if bobo no wan marry u, he no go marry

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 27, 2013
lynpetra: MONSTERTRUCKS!!!
Hey sugar wassup kiss
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by ndidibabe(f): 8:22pm On Nov 27, 2013
Tonia500: hmmmmmm ndidi i will let that one pass,to me i prefer him using the money he wil use at the eatry (and most attimes the food is nt gud ) to cook in the comfort of his house and eat. And since he cnt cook i do the cooking for him.to show him i care.instead of collecting money from him always.
So how do you manage to cook for him everyday? Do you live together?
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by tommynico(m): 8:26pm On Nov 27, 2013
i will prefer we cook together coz there'll b much fun btw us both nd sometimes cook all by myslf wt d believe dat she wuld join me nd if she dosen't, i go yab her die.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Tonia500(f): 8:38pm On Nov 27, 2013
ndidibabe: So how do you manage to cook for him everyday? Do you live together?
nope we dnt live togheter bt i go to his house and cook for him before he comes frm the office.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by ndidibabe(f): 9:12pm On Nov 27, 2013
Tonia500: nope we dnt live togheter bt i go to his house and cook for him before he comes frm the office.
Ha! Speechless....
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by philkul: 10:26pm On Nov 27, 2013
Hmmm u will get tired of ur gf cos she cooks for ure just directly saying that u will also get tired of ur wife cos it will be a daily rouine aswell.anyways as for me dnt c any big deal in that as far as he's not forcing you to do it just as d gal don't force him to giv her cash 'winks' grin
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by philkul: 10:32pm On Nov 27, 2013
Hmmm u will get tired of ur gf cos she cooks for u, ure just directly saying that u will also get tired of ur wife cos it will be a daily rouine aswell.anyways as for me dnt c any big deal in that as far as he's not forcing you to do it just as d gal don't force him to giv her cash 'winks' grin
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Davo93(m): 10:42pm On Nov 27, 2013
I have read from the first page to this point, I must confess that i read a lot of hilarious responses from users here.

Though i have a lot of objections to what i see a lot of people agreed to be 'normal' here but that won't still stop me from making my own point.

Going to cook for a guy in his house seems to me as not right. A lot can happen in that process which could lead to sin. So to avoid that, it is adviceable to have a rethink on it. (I do hope someone doesn't tag me as holier-than-thou, although i don't care)

The one that got me thinking of how lost the female virtues have been with some ladies is someone who said she cooks for a guy everyday at his home. She further went ahead to say she does that before he returns from office everyday. Is he married to you for crying out loud?? Later you say African men don't value female folks. With this kind of mentality and attitude?? I'm lost!

God will help us friends and i pray we understand the necessity of a home built on God's principle and good morals.

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Nov 27, 2013
ivyy:

Let me get you straight , I go to my bfs crib am not in that stage of my life where I want to get married, he probably isn't too. We are both hungry there's food in the house we cook together or I cook For two. Do you you honestly think am cooking cause I need tu be given a marriage stamp on my head And if you know marriage is where your heading tooo, do what you know you can to keep your man and he should do the same too. Its both ways. But don't tink one ultimate thing wil make him stick with you. Hence, don't enslave yourself.

But What's the biggie in cooking For a bf you may or may not end up marrying. It should b voluntary and if he begs me equally why not? As long as you don't expect me to cook morning til night For you or call me up and say come over now, come and cook!

Its understanding that matters most. No one is dumb only if you allow it. if you see your girlfrnd wants tu turn you into a maga, then you prove your not likewise if your with a guy who's too primitive and only wants to take undue advantage, shine your eyes. Theres a limit to everything shikena
Know your limits!

This is the summary of this matter. The thread can now be closed.
Know your partner, know yourself, Act accordingly. Wisdom is the principal thing.
You know best how your beau thinks.

This thread will only get longer and longer with people filing up seuns database space with their passionate yet pointless opinions on the matter. The answer is subjective based on who you are, who you are with, and where you are both headed.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Nov 27, 2013
2buff:
This is the summary of this matter. The thread can now be closed.
Know your partner, know yourself, Act accordingly. Wisdom is the principal thing.
You know best how your beau thinks.

This thread will only get longer and longer with people filing up seuns database space with their passionate yet pointless opinions on the matter. The answer is subjective based on who you are, who you are with, and where you are both headed.
You CANNOT get away with that morally ambivalent stand you know. After all Ivy clearly said that she is not ready to get married but she is stiill prepared to go to her boyfriends house and do the things a wife is expected to do? So what's your point here.
The OP RAISES A VERY IMPORTANT MORAL question to those ladies of marriageable age. The correct answer to these ladies is that they should respect themselves and not go to their suitor's flat and start acting like a housemaid during courtship.

2 Likes

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by GentleMimi: 11:46pm On Nov 27, 2013
Tonia500: nope we dnt live togheter bt i go to his house and cook for him before he comes frm the office.
Eehhhnn Hian! Na wa oooo! This ur love tie wrapper and gele ooo!
By the way,are u a student? You seem to favour the ''housewife'' position ooo.How do u make out time to go to a guy's house and cook for him everyday? What abt ur own personal life...how do u cope? I really need to hear from u ooo!
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Elem1: 12:24am On Nov 28, 2013
Idowuogbo:
U need Jesus! Demonic spirits full ur body.

Go and find Jesus!!!!
Hmm! Idowu! Jesus...
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Idowuogbo(f): 12:54am On Nov 28, 2013
Elem1: Hmm! Idowu! Jesus...
Hmmm.. Elem1... Jesus!
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Elem1: 12:58am On Nov 28, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Guy, u just dey fire the bullet, pity us wey no carry Gbagaunproof enter thread na! Hian!
kaii! Idowuuu
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 1:14am On Nov 28, 2013

SMH! sad
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Gracyel(f): 2:32am On Nov 28, 2013
vainfairy:

We don talk am b4 na.... ödè lö like!!!give a woman half a yard,she'll take miles!! She go say she b lady!! Was wondering if dats ow ur pop cooks 4ur momma?
Ehn ehn....I knew someone was goin to say sth abt my comment. Big head!
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Gracyel(f): 2:34am On Nov 28, 2013
ICHIEMAN:
Is there any special kinda blessing or sèxstyle u girls give guys that u would make a deal out from just mere cooking?
Ask google!
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by smartg(m): 7:10am On Nov 28, 2013
what exactly is wrong in a girl cooking for her boyfriend, i don't see it as smartness when you refuse to cook for your guy, i see it as foolishness, if you can give your body to a guy what else. Is your body not more expensive and special than the cooking.

I will even prefer to marry a girl that cooks for me than the one that always come to ask for money and think that the only way to please her man is by sex.

Do you think its easy for a guy to allow you cook for him?, not all guy can do that. If you are the one cooking for your guy it means you're total in control of his heart, because a wise guy will not allow more than one girl to cook his meal.

When you cook for your guy, it gives you the opportunity to know what he likes best and don't forget. Sex, character and food are the three major way to man's heart, if any of these is missing, that guy might not give you his whole heart, both of you will only be playing games.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by dimplesb(f): 7:23am On Nov 28, 2013
[quote author=ndidibabe]I know you are the first child of your parents and that your parents' wedding picture in your 'parlour' shows mum carrying you in her womb. I also heard that your sisters have high libido and you have slept with a lot of girls . All these facts doesn't mean that all girls are the same. [/quote

....... Firstly, u insulted a guy's girlfriend and now his mum, that's uncalled for. The fact that you are trying to paint a holier than thou picture doesn't help matters as well.

2 Likes

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by ndidibabe(f): 7:26am On Nov 28, 2013
alutacontinua:

SMH! sad
n
No be small thing, my sister.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 28, 2013
Will do it with all pleasure. My mama [RIP]taught us that easiest way to a man's hrt is the belly. Is it not through food that most women charm men,and make them clay in their thumb? 4 me,as far as am around,i will cook 4 him,without been asked to.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by PreciousBro: 9:15am On Nov 28, 2013
tensor777:
You CANNOT get away with that morally ambivalent stand you know. After all Ivy clearly said that she is not ready to get married but she is stiill prepared to go to her boyfriends house and do the things a wife is expected to do? So what's your point here.
The OP RAISES A VERY IMPORTANT MORAL question to those ladies of marriageable age. The correct answer to these ladies is that they should respect themselves and not go to their suitor's flat and start acting like a housemaid during courtship.

Firstly, I Think you miss the meaning of the term respect, its no wonder you'd relate cooking for a dear one(a moral conduct) as disrespect, you even connote it as being a "House maid" ?

In the bid to reflect wisdom you fail to see the refusal to cook by some girls here as "Pride" demonstration.

Why do you lot give silly excuses as "Not yet married" hence you can't do such ?

Has Cooking for a BF now become less paramount in the alleys of etiquette and ethics ? If a girl and a boy so familiar with each other that thus they share a bed with the notion of course that they an item together(Having a Relationship),does it matter where she cooks the food they're both gonna eat ?

I still fail to see how and why you and your ilk on this thread would reason out of the box defying morals and resort to unwarranted pride by suddenly drawing a limit to expressing love to your BF with the refusal to cook by will in his house.

What moral yardstick is used to determine a good woman if she sees a primary chore as making a meal for her BF as Decadence ?

If its a decadent act to cook in his house, would it also be a fall to womanhood to go visit him on a friendly hour ,knowing they are having a relationship/courtship OR her instigating a move to meet his parents unprepared by the guy thus initiating subconsciously,a marriage proposal ,something usually and Evolutionary known to be a Man's place ?
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Zakamori: 9:21am On Nov 28, 2013
SELFWORTH:

... in what sense? All these small minded people who because they have no self control assumes everyone is the same. ....
madam, I didnt mean having intimacy b4 u marry, I meant not sitting down to eat wit him alone in his house. If u cant do dat witout fearin premarital intimacy, u, and whoever u r dating have a problem. Who is the small minded fellow now?
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Mujah1deen: 9:23am On Nov 28, 2013
GentleMimi:
Like seriously?? You are against courtship? So how do u get to know the person properly?
you don't have to know her , you go straight to the point ,courtship and dating are haram . Besides I'm for arranged marriages.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Rexhenrex(m): 9:38am On Nov 28, 2013
All this gurls saying they can cook for their b.f mind u that if u dnt dn it for him there are many gurls out their that are willing tn do it.and afterall u should b able to do it becos he might b the one to marry you.who knws!
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by bukatyne(f): 9:50am On Nov 28, 2013

Seriously?

Everyday?
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by bukatyne(f): 9:52am On Nov 28, 2013
Rexhenrex: All this gurls saying they can cook for their b.f mind u that if u dnt dn it for him there are many gurls out their that are willing tn do it.and afterall u should b able to do it becos he might b the one to marry you.who knws!

So them cooking is not even a sure guarantee for marriage? shocked

The guy should go and pick the 'many' willing girls na...

SMH
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Tbken: 10:29am On Nov 28, 2013
ndidibabe: Not funny.
you are still here....ive seen how you boasted about your academics,whats ma business with you being a student in portsmouth....upon all your claims ur tinking is still primitive....and telling anada guy hes failing jamb....do you know him?? Now its clear to me that what u have on ur neck is not realy head buh a big coconut filled with rotten water....see i dont have anytin against you buh look at ma moniker very well..any thread u see me again and talk abt ma mum negetively..I WILL GO ANY LENGHT IN LIFE TO MAKE U REGRET THAT UR LIFE FOR REAL..TAKE IT 4RM ME..WALAI..

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 28, 2013
tensor777:

I have no idea what you are saying sir.
If that's who she is, then that's who she is.
It would be completely fallacious for some ignorant person to go waving his/her finger at her for choosing to express her love to care for her bf in that way, especially as he does the same.

As i said, it depends on the people involved and where they are headed.
There are many schools of though on the matter...but I personally subscribe more to the "What you do during courtship is what you carry into the marriage" mindset. The key in life is to simple find who also subscribes to your school of thought and have harmony on the subject.

I feel lazy girls and weird men attach too much to the simple feminine gesture of feeding their fella....way too much that they have taken the whole thing out of context. Always trying to get defensive on the subject when it is brought up, quoting "Thou shalt not" laws and principles from a book they pulled out their azz...

Since when did caring between 2 adults become anyone else's business but the parties involved?
While you are busy arguing with yourselves, real people are showing love and preparing food and other things for each other without putting any thought into the imagined negativities most of you have all fanatically chosen to dwell on....keyword here being imagined.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by arthgideon: 10:45am On Nov 28, 2013
No i dont think its a wrong thing. It could be a way of showing that she appriciates her boyfriend

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

I'm 27 Loving A 17 Year Old!!! Pls Help.. / "When It Comes To Women, Nigerian Men Are The Kings Of Africa" - South African / “Do Not Bring Borehole To My House” – Check This Epic Comment Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.