Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? (27485 Views)

Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? / Five Reasons Why Anambra Men prefer Marrying From Their State / Would You Prefer Marrying A Virgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by GoodFaith: 1:40pm On Dec 04, 2013
Marriott1980: I love this thread and I'm compelled to comment and share my experience....When i newly got to America, after just 3days i was introduced to a Nigerian girl who is a nurse here and apparently her sis in law who just came from Nigeria pittied her situation and decided to go husband hunting for her cos she was 29 at that time and i was 29 too.....We started talking on a very nice note and in 2days we were chatting like we have known for ages and already planning on how we wil meet cos she stays in another state....but along the line something changed and she will always find fault in anything i say and tell me I'm thinking and talking like a Nigerian and my attitude stinks.....something my girlfriend in Nigerian back then can never say...don't let me bore you with stories but all i can say is we didn't get along and she is so mannerless and this changed my orientation about Nigerian girls here and i can never marry any. My new gf is American and she treat me with respect

The B think because she is nurse she can talk down to you
Dude look for happiness
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by Ugosample(m): 1:43pm On Dec 04, 2013
Haha. can't stop laughing
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by GoodFaith: 1:45pm On Dec 04, 2013
stalliontp: I imported my wife. She turned shakara momentarily but i showed her who the boss is, we are cool now. However on the hindsight, i could as well have married one of those i knew back in the US and we will still be ok. It all depends on the man- if a man can't handle a foreign based woman, he most likely wont be able to handle a village based woman.
dude you didn't show her that you are the boss
I think her common sense came back to her
Likely she might have had good people with experiences that talk to her about life in the USA and
The importance of marriage
I am very happy it work out for you
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by Ugosample(m): 1:47pm On Dec 04, 2013
Permit me to say that to marry out of your tribe or race should not be seen as something of a taboo. After all Moses, David and Joseph among other bible characters married non isrealites. David's grandfather also married a moabite. i guess it all has to do with understanding and finding a woman that understands you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by Gracious10: 2:02pm On Dec 04, 2013
stalliontp: I imported my wife. She turned shakara momentarily but i showed her who the boss is, we are cool now. However on the hindsight, i could as well have married one of those i knew back in the US and we will still be ok. It all depends on the man- if a man can't handle a foreign based woman, he most likely wont be able to handle a village based woman.

Am also interested to know how u showed herb who the boss is. Hope it isn't what am thinking.

Mail order brides have lots to complain about their Boss ( husbands). Lets hear ur strategy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by Deschil: 3:31pm On Dec 04, 2013
You are right my dear but when I referred to the gay guys I wasn't even thinking of the obviously effeminate ones. You will be surprised at who is now gay, MANY of them are MACHO. It is like a virus that is FAST SPREADING. The sad thing is, E NO DEY SHOW FOR FACE. Many new gays WERE ONCE STRAIGHT!
baby_123:
Lol. Honestly I know some guys who will look fabulous in high heels and highly suspicious getting wives from Nigeria. Sometimes when I see the couple I have to wear my glasses well maybe na me no see wetin the girl see. I was shocked when I heard these guys got married. Though not all though. I guess the desperation to get out of Nigeria makes people ignore a lot of things and marry anything from abroad. It's shocking sometimes. Even some fraud guys sef with no reasonable source of income over there marry to bring wife who can work to feed them. Hahaha. People should look well. Marry people who you know or you know exactly what they are doing and you can go and see for yourself. I know a lot of women being severely abused. This is what some men mean by submissive. They can kill you and should expect not to go to jail because they rescued you from poverty. They also never fail to remind you. Even the most wretched of all.
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by GoodFaith: 3:45pm On Dec 04, 2013
Deschil: You are right my dear but when I referred to the gay guys I wasn't even thinking of the obviously effeminate ones. You will be surprised at who is now gay, MANY of them are MACHO. It is like a virus that is FAST SPREADING. The sad thing is, E NO DEY SHOW FOR FACE. Many new gays WERE ONCE STRAIGHT!

This Nigerian men in oversea gay issue is a surprise
I am wait for any news on a Nigerian dude that is on the DL
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by semmypat: 6:20pm On Dec 04, 2013
I think I should tell U̶̲̥̅̊ my own! There Ȋ̝̊̅§ ds guy i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ US dat has been asking Fø̲̣̣я̅ my hand i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ marriage and anoda one i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ UK. S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ recently I got a VISA τ̅☺ US and †ђξ guy i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ US tried convincing τ̅☺ come and go back and I asked him y he said S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ many things τ̅☺ discourage but on getting there I decided τ̅☺ stay. №ω let tell there fears! †ђξ ladies here understand what's on ground, they work round d clock here and most of them are nurses S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ they make more money dan some those guys U̶̲̥̅̊ Ơ̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴͡. S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ d men instead of them τ̅☺ b supportive and assist their wives, they want τ̅☺ rule U̶̲̥̅̊ don't expect a woman that worked from 11pm τ̅☺ 7.30 am τ̅☺ still come back home d kids and take them τ̅☺ school. D Ibos are fund of these. Then those ones dat run back τ̅☺ nigeria τ̅☺ get married eventually loose their spouse when they get U̶̲̥̅̊ know yoruba will say Omo aijobe ri. †ђξ moment they get τ̅☺ USA and Ơ̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴͡ †ђξ way things are and they Ħª√ę all d necessary papers they take off. S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ what those men need Ȋ̝̊̅§ wisdom and God's direction
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by troy20(m): 6:54pm On Dec 04, 2013
semmypat: I think I should tell U̶̲̥̅̊ my own! There Ȋ̝̊̅§ ds guy i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ US dat has been asking Fø̲̣̣я̅ my hand i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ marriage and anoda one i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ UK. S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ recently I got a VISA τ̅☺ US and †ђξ guy i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ US tried convincing τ̅☺ come and go back and I asked him y he said S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ many things τ̅☺ discourage but on getting there I decided τ̅☺ stay. №ω let tell there fears! †ђξ ladies here understand what's on ground, they work round d clock here and most of them are nurses S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ they make more money dan some those guys U̶̲̥̅̊ Ơ̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴͡. S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ d men instead of them τ̅☺ b supportive and assist their wives, they want τ̅☺ rule U̶̲̥̅̊ don't expect a woman that worked from 11pm τ̅☺ 7.30 am τ̅☺ still come back home d kids and take them τ̅☺ school. D Ibos are fund of these. Then those ones dat run back τ̅☺ nigeria τ̅☺ get married eventually loose their spouse when they get U̶̲̥̅̊ know yoruba will say Omo aijobe ri. †ђξ moment they get τ̅☺ USA and Ơ̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴͡ †ђξ way things are and they Ħª√ę all d necessary papers they take off. S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ what those men need Ȋ̝̊̅§ wisdom and God's direction
you couldnt be more right.its hard to put a leash on a dog once you've put a crown on its head.
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by pickabeau1: 7:56pm On Dec 04, 2013
wowww.. you actually were able to read it shocked shocked shocked
troy20:
you couldnt be more right.its hard to put a leash on a dog once you've put a crown on its head.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by troy20(m): 8:13pm On Dec 04, 2013
pickabeau1: wowww.. you actually were able to read it shocked shocked shocked
well i had to read it four times.
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by pickabeau1: 8:16pm On Dec 04, 2013
i tried once... n gave up grin
troy20:
well i had to read it four times.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by Nobody: 2:01am On Dec 05, 2013
GoodFaith:
From your user name, I guess you from TO
I know that city very well
There are lot of people in that city over the year that don't share my value
There have be change over the last 10 years
80% of the men and women want the fast money
We all need to pray for happy marriage life
I am very close the the number of year that dude has lived oversea
Jamo women are very clean, they keep their house very clean compare to our people

Yeah. TO tru n tru. Lol
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by MrsChima(f): 4:44am On Dec 05, 2013
Ihedinobi:
I don't know about docility and "dumb down". I do know about loud and aggressive. And I would like to know any examples of men who claim compatibility with "loudness" and "aggression" in their homes and evidence that that has not damaged homelife for them. Have you got any such?

Buhahahahahha! grin grin

Tonto Dikeh is the poster child for best raised Nigerian chick huh? grin grin
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by MrsChima(f): 4:47am On Dec 05, 2013
Creamish:

soo...in other words. . . . i make u feel like King Kong?

Back off heffa. angry
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by MrsChima(f): 4:49am On Dec 05, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

[size=15pt]Unsubmisive Nigerian woman in Nigeria is better than Unsubmisive Nigerian woman in diaspora[/size]

What's the difference
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by MrsChima(f): 4:56am On Dec 05, 2013
GoodFaith:
"American women seems loud and aggressive. " true
"African women seems to be docile and dumb-down and on African soil." I don't agree with this comment- Africa women change and cannot balance her culture with the America culture
One day want to be American
The next day want to be Nigerian

Typical.....it went waaaay over your head. lipsrsealed

And yet these loud and aggressive American women are STILL with Nigerian men 7, 8, 9, 10 plus years! grin grin grin

Don't tell me the men are still waiting on their papers. grin
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by MrsChima(f): 5:03am On Dec 05, 2013
GoodFaith: [/b]
Lot of Nigerian man do not go to Nigeria to marry a nurse
nurses don't make a lot of money, You have to work 16 hour a day to make that money

You are a lie. Nurses makes decent money and the reason they work 16 hours either by choice or mandatory.

Stay your ash out of medical field.
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by logica(m): 9:03am On Dec 05, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

What's the difference
Duh...in diaspora, she has the backing of her family and government...in Nigeria...she has no backing...
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by logica(m): 9:05am On Dec 05, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

You are a lie. Nurses makes decent money.
What is the difference between what he said and what you said? Is "decent money" the same as "a lot of money"? Anyway, some people consider $25/hour a lot of money; some don't.
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 05, 2013
logica: Duh...in diaspora, she has the backing of her family and government...in Nigeria...she has no backing...
That's not the point. This thread is about those ladies that would join their spouses abroad in the West.
logica: What is the difference between what he said and what you said? Is "decent money" the same as "a lot of money"? Anyway, some people consider $25/hour a lot of money; some don't.
What the average nurse earns, and it is more than $25 per hour is enough for them to be financially independent and live well in the West.
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by MrsChima(f): 1:56pm On Dec 05, 2013
logica: Duh...in diaspora, she has the backing of her family and government...in Nigeria...she has no backing...

So you want a defenseless chick to boost that pathetic ego?

Na wa oo!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by MrsChima(f): 1:58pm On Dec 05, 2013
logica: What is the difference between what he said and what you said? Is "decent money" the same as "a lot of money"? Anyway, some people consider $25/hour a lot of money; some don't.

Are you Somali? grin grin grin

LMAO @people thinking 25 dollars isn't enough money!

I dey laff in Yoruba! grin grin
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by GoodFaith: 2:34pm On Dec 05, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

You are a lie. Nurses makes decent money and the reason they work 16 hours either by choice or mandatory.

Stay your ash out of medical field.

Sorry
A good income for me is over $150,00.00 Yes not including wife's income
A decent income is $80,000.00 for me
Please don't fool yourself regarding the 16 hours daily-- we all know better
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by GoodFaith: 2:36pm On Dec 05, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Typical.....it went waaaay over your head. lipsrsealed

And yet these loud and aggressive American women are STILL with Nigerian men 7, 8, 9, 10 plus years! grin grin grin

Don't tell me the men are still waiting on their papers. grin

People I know are not with their American wife for the green card
I know of Marriage that are over 35 yrs
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by logica(m): 5:33pm On Dec 05, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

So you want a defenseless chick to boost that pathetic ego?

Na wa oo!
Which ego do you speak of? Mine or your fathers? smiley
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by logica(m): 5:35pm On Dec 05, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Are you Somali? grin grin grin

LMAO @people thinking 25 dollars isn't enough money!

I dey laff in Yoruba! grin grin
For people who've earned way much more than that, it sure isn't a lot of money. I can understand where you are coming from though, if it is a lot of money to you.
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by logica(m): 5:37pm On Dec 05, 2013
tensor777:
That's not the point. This thread is about those ladies that would join their spouses abroad in the West.
What the average nurse earns, and it is more than $25 per hour is enough for them to be financially independent and live well in the West.
Respond again with some coherence.
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by Incrizz(f): 8:45pm On Dec 05, 2013
logica: LOL. Sydney, Australia.
Oh! The "of" got me confused there then, lol. I am sure I wouldn't have been if I had read "..case in Sydney"
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by onuwaprecious(m): 9:26pm On Dec 05, 2013
Ihedinobi:
Ma'am, people marry across languages. But not many men would care to cook for the family or always buy their food from restaurants. Some men love to cook and will but it is always an unusual thing to find a man cooking for his family as though that is his place. That he does it to help his wife who normally does the cooking is a charming thing, that he does it because she can't is a little bit of a shame.

Even though I said that men marry across languages, people need to communicate and some people like to perpetuate their cultural heritage. Personally I would marry a Chinese if I fell in love with one and learn Mandarin even. But I'd teach her Igbo and bring her home. Some men might not do that or care about it. Others might. In that particular issue, it could be a deal breaker or it could not and it's up to you to decide whether it is or not through your choice of men.

As for "others", me I don't know. But a coarse, aggressive woman is a terrible wife to have. Nobody has proved that wrong to me yet.
i love this your comment dat is good. Anywhere you marry it is good but what is there is to find your choice woman. As for me even if she is a white woman let her learn my language. She can even come to my country and learn it i want my children to learn how to speak my language. It does not matter where you marry from ur country or aboard but what matters is how de marriage is going. Ask for Gods direction. No one is bad a black or white lady. Where ever you find your missing rib it is good. You have to know what God is talking about de marriage to be. I want a lady who will make a home for me. Who will be my wife,sister,mother etc. Where ever she comes from nigeria(home oraboard) africa or white man land.
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by MrsChima(f): 1:29am On Dec 06, 2013
logica: Which ego do you speak of? Mine or your fathers? smiley

Your mammy's.
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by MrsChima(f): 1:30am On Dec 06, 2013
logica: For people who've earned way much more than that, it sure isn't a lot of money. I can understand where you are coming from though, if it is a lot of money to you.

You are not the people that have earned more than 25 dollars an hour....I am sure of it.

So it wouldn't matter to you. wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Can You Marry A Girl That Refused To Date You Several Years Ago? / Can You Surgically Kill Your Sexual Urge To Please Your Partner? / Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.