Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? (27489 Views)

Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? / Five Reasons Why Anambra Men prefer Marrying From Their State / Would You Prefer Marrying A Virgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by ebamma(m): 7:45pm On Dec 02, 2013
i see,
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 02, 2013
It's hard finding a Nigerian woman abroad. There are millions of Nigerian girls, but seldom can you find a woman. Language? They can't speak. Food? They can't cook. Basic Nigerian values? They don't have. I'm not generalizing. As a woman, I am telling you that there are some Nigerian "women" who embarrass the hell out of me.

However, the same goes for their male counterparts. Some Nigerian boys complain, they're arrogant, and they do try to be controlling (I'm speaking from experience). I still like to believe that people can be in a loving relationship without one party needing to control the other.

It's not just men that go home anyway, although they do it more. A friend of mine, her fiancé is in Nigeria and will be joining her here soon for marriage.

To each his or her own really. They can marry whoever they like. They'll jam many of the same obstacles they jam here at home. grin

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 02, 2013
Its a shame sad
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 02, 2013
adaobi123: Its a shame sad

It is. You're safe though. I saw your abacha lol.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 02, 2013
ogugua88:

Lmao grin
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by lertee(f): 8:05pm On Dec 02, 2013
Lol @recommendation. It is so true,almost every girl in nigeria that has gotten a proposal from guy abroad was recommended. This brings a lot of problem because these two hardly know each other. In a case whereby the guy actually thinks ths girl is after his money or his abroad life while the girl also fears giving in to him so she wouldn't become the Nigeria wife while he works and sends money to her while he spends time with a white woman and his kids.
You can only meet your type of person. You are abroad and claims that all naija girls abroad are bad,it is just the same way naija girls abroad complain that all naija guys abroad are bad. So who is spoiling who? undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by GoodFaith: 8:10pm On Dec 02, 2013
shizzle11:

look no further, the bolded is the answer.

And if you Loretta look at deeply, you' all understand why its so
"no matter how you are,as long as you were raised in a Nigerian home,you can't be as bad as the girls over here. You need to see what they are doing. None of them is wife material. They can't cook, disrespectful, wild, unsubmissive "

All of the above apply to Nigeria women too
Most of the women I have had meaningful relationship non Nigerians; Do cook, clean the house, park my lunch for work,
make sure there are always the types of sneak I eat available at home
Marriage is luck and blesses

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by GoodFaith: 8:16pm On Dec 02, 2013
lertee: Lol @recommendation. It is so true,almost every girl in nigeria that has gotten a proposal from guy abroad was recommended. This brings a lot of problem because these two hardly know each other. In a case whereby the guy actually thinks ths girl is after his money or his abroad life while the girl also fears giving in to him so she wouldn't become the Nigeria wife while he works and sends money to her while he spends time with a white woman and his kids.
You can only meet your type of person. You are abroad and claims that all naija girls abroad are bad,it is just the same way naija girls abroad complain that all naija guys abroad are bad. So who is spoiling who? undecided

There are lot of issues
Money
lies and secretive
Controlling
People need to grow up if they want meaningful relationship
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by ebamma(m): 8:19pm On Dec 02, 2013
a word of advice for those guys, many girls here in nigeria can't cook too, aren't that submissive, love expensive wigs, jewelleries, and clothes, so my advice stick with the devil over there u know, cos its hard seeing angels over here

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by crackhaus: 8:20pm On Dec 02, 2013
Hmmmm! Interesting...very interesting.
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 02, 2013
adaobi123: Are we talking about Nigerian men who have moved abroad or Nigerian men who have been brought up abroad ?
I guess both. But we have to admit that those born and raised abroad will have a better disposition towards women born and raised there too. But in some cases they might still be discriminatory
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 02, 2013
Wow
If that's the case,it's damn bad. Smh
But you're a girl abroad and adaobi123 is too
And I see both of you as well balanced babes. And I can say the same for my friends over there. Why aren't there more of your kind there?

Those dudes for don marry finish by now if your type plenty there. grin
Lol
ogugua88: It's hard finding a Nigerian woman abroad. There are millions of Nigerian girls, but seldom can you find a woman. Language? They can't speak. Food? They can't cook. Basic Nigerian values? They don't have. I'm not generalizing. As a woman, I am telling you that there are some Nigerian "women" who embarrass the hell out of me.

However, the same goes for their male counterparts. Some Nigerian boys complain, they're arrogant, and they do try to be controlling (I'm speaking from experience). I still like to believe that people can be in a loving relationship without one party needing to control the other.

It's not just men that go home anyway, although they do it more. A friend of mine, her fiancé is in Nigeria and will be joining her here soon for marriage.

To each his or her own really. They can marry whoever they like. They'll jam many of the same obstacles they jam here at home. grin
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by GoodFaith: 8:35pm On Dec 02, 2013
lorretta u:
I guess both. But we have to admit that those born and raised abroad will have a better disposition towards women born and raised there too. But in some cases they might still be discriminatory
"better disposition" Please define
Sorry to let you know that we have evil in all place
It is about values
I know of people their friends felt that his person cannot marry a Nigerian woman
He has adapted to the Culture of the country he lives in
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 02, 2013
I get what you're saying but what I meant by better disposition is that a man who was raised abroad will be used to assertive females as compared to a man who was raised with the belief that women are meant to be pliant and agreeable. Meaning men raised abroad are more likely to chose women raised abroad than men raised at home
GoodFaith:
"better disposition" Please define
Sorry to let you know that we have evil in all place
It is about values
I know of people their friends felt that his person cannot marry a Nigerian woman
He has adapted to the Culture of the country he lives in

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 02, 2013
adaobi123: Are we talking about Nigerian men who have moved abroad or Nigerian men who have been brought up abroad ?

Some girls here don't like naija men who moved abroad. They'll be like "ewww his nigerian accent is so strong I don't like it. Hes so fresh (fresh basically means JJC)" Or they'll be like "omg the way he acts is like some villagee" blah blah

Naija girls here have a very high expectations. They want guys that will take them to soho and drink expensive drinks. They'll be looking for an idris elba when they are attracting nkem owoh's. I guess that's why a lot of naija men are looking for their brides elsewhere. But I'm not saying all girls abroad are like this though, some are willing to date anyone.

YIMU

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by GoodFaith: 8:52pm On Dec 02, 2013
lorretta u: I get what you're saying but what I meant by better disposition is that a man who was raised abroad will be used to assertive females as compared to a man who was raised with the belief that women are meant to be pliant and agreeable. Meaning men raised abroad are more likely to chose women raised abroad than men raised at home

Sorry to let you know that some white men thinks the women place is in the kitchen YES
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 02, 2013
ogugua88:

She made abacha? That'll be quite a sight. grin
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 02, 2013
Oh well...
GoodFaith:

Sorry to let you know that some white men thinks the women place is in the kitchen YES
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 02, 2013
What's that for?
speedyboi:

YIMU
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by jaybee3(m): 9:00pm On Dec 02, 2013
It's very simple. You are more likely to find a partner you can dominate in a third world country compared to the western world.

Men sometimes get threatened dating successful females so it's necessary for them to get that woman who will make them feel like king kong
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 02, 2013
Too bad embarassed
But the truth nonetheless.
jay bee: It's very simple. You are more likely to find a partner you can dominate in a third world country compared to the western world.

Men sometimes get threatened dating successful females so it's necessary for them to get that woman who will make them feel like king kong

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by GoodFaith: 9:09pm On Dec 02, 2013
jay bee: It's very simple. You are more likely to find a partner you can dominate in a third world country compared to the western world.

Dude, You gotten it tweeted
Some of the so call successful women want to be controlling too
All the Nigerian nurses in the develop countries that work 16 hours daily
They now want to control the men
Some of his men are now the women of the house
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 02, 2013
Probably why the men feel like coming home is the solution. Smh
GoodFaith:

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by GoodFaith: 9:16pm On Dec 02, 2013
lorretta u: Probably why the men feel like coming home is the solution. Smh

I now tell young people to look for love in college
or After College give yourself two to three years
Don't look for a Nigeria woman but look for love, happiness and peace of mind
Nigerians use to want to marry Nigerian woman because they can come back home together
Lot of things has change over the last 15 year
Nigerian men need to start thinking different too

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by jaybee3(m): 9:26pm On Dec 02, 2013
GoodFaith:

How on earth do you expect this woman to behave once she arrives at God's own country since she now understands and is fully aware of her rights as a woman.
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by GoodFaith: 9:33pm On Dec 02, 2013
jay bee:
How on earth do you expect this woman to behave once she arrives at God's own country since she now understands and is fully aware of her rights as a woman.

Lot of the issue in Nigerian failed marriages are not about right
secretive, lies
Me, me -selfish
Controlling
money
My family - forgiving her first priority is her kids and husband

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 02, 2013
speedyboi:

YIMU

You quoted me to say this ? Go and sit down my friend. angry
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 02, 2013
sexkillz: She made abacha? That'll be quite a sight. grin

angry angry
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 02, 2013
adaobi123:

angry angry
lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 02, 2013
adaobi123:

You quoted me to say this ? Go and sit down my friend. angry

*facepalm* undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 02, 2013
If the movies represent the black girls in Western society correctly, it's no surprise. No man cares to live under the same roof with a saucy woman or a woman with no care for feminine responsibilities. And whatever else may be said about home-trained African women, they are not known for sauciness or feminine irresponsibility...although times appear to be changing even there.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by cdamsel(f): 11:20pm On Dec 02, 2013

re u saying women back home aint successful? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Can You Surgically Kill Your Sexual Urge To Please Your Partner? / Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her? / Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.