Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? (27483 Views)

Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? / Five Reasons Why Anambra Men prefer Marrying From Their State / Would You Prefer Marrying A Virgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by Ovin555: 3:02pm On Dec 03, 2013
because of their evil deed nd d way nigerian men control their wifes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 03, 2013
I'm a Nigerian girl born and raised in Nigeria
I'm going to have a court wedding.
That's not peculiar to foreigners alone
naija_swag: Marry abroad and its gonna be a court wedding. There's high probability that a divorce might occur and boom, all the money is gone. If you marry a girl in Nigeria, most issues are settled by the family and kins mens other than a court of law.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by GoodFaith: 3:06pm On Dec 03, 2013
Mikhaela:

You've got to be kidding right? Did you read my first post? I cannot cook NIGERIAN food. I cook for myself because I live alone but still, cooking isn't my strongest point. In general, I eat out after work, dinner with friends, ready made food etc. I don't cook everyday or anything like that, only when it's the end of the month and I'm really poor, then I make pasta with some other things. What does education have to do with anything? You're the one acting like I insulted you and questioning my education... weren't you taught better? Have a stadium full of seats, please !
Kid, we are in two different point in our life
I have done my best to be well culture of Nigeria and other culture
I have done well for myself
I am not looking for a slave to do things for me
i want a wife that will balance me
I was taught well and I can teach you better too
Learn some manner
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by GoodFaith: 3:10pm On Dec 03, 2013
Mikhaela:

Your wife isn't everybody's wife. When she was trying to win you over at 19, I was busy working to pay my bills. I am SINGLE with no kids so I have nobody's lunch to pack. I eat lunch with my colleagues everyday. Open your mind instead of being so hostile to other people's lives. This is exactly my point.. it is a good thing you have a wife who caters to you just the way you want but please understand that there are many people out there who weren't brought up the way you were.
Sorry, I didn't marry the girl I was telling about
She have always had a JOB
Today she has a great JOB and Master degree making close to six figure salary
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by Mikhaela: 3:12pm On Dec 03, 2013
GoodFaith:
Kid, we are in two different point in our life
I have done my best to be well culture of Nigeria and other culture
I have done well for myself
I am not looking for a slave to do things for me
i want a wife that will balance me
I was taught well and I can teach you better too
Learn some manner

Until you teach yourself how to type properly (no grammar Nazi here, you seem to know it all), I don't want to learn anything from you. You want a wife that will balance you and I respect that. You should probably try to understand that I am not a member of your family (thank God). I presume that I was taught very well under the circumstance and I can only be grateful for how I've turned out. Not being able to cook African dishes is not because I never wanted to, I was never taught. The same goes for the dialects. With that being said, I blame nobody for that ! I am very happy with my life as it is. My relationship didn't work out because of everything but cooking ! LOL I can't even imagine that being a factor but to each his own. You, dearest, should "learn some manner".

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by Mikhaela: 3:14pm On Dec 03, 2013
GoodFaith:
Sorry, I didn't marry the girl I was telling about
She have always had a JOB
Today she has a great JOB and Master degree making close to six figure salary

SO? I know an Italian girl from high school who could cook and I think she can still cook and guess what? She's a BABY SITTER. A 28 year old girl (the oldest in our class)...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by smartg(m): 3:14pm On Dec 03, 2013
What about guys that goes to the village to marry after rocking life with the girls in the city.
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by logica(m): 3:16pm On Dec 03, 2013
Oh, and to further buttress my point; it is the same reason that a new arrival (male or female) is hot cake. As a new arrival, you find yourself being propositioned left and right; Flavor of the Month things and all because the person does not yet have a "sexu@l history" (for the females) or because you don't yet know their "sexu@l history" (for the males) in the new environment.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by GoodFaith: 3:18pm On Dec 03, 2013
Mikhaela:

Until you teach yourself how to type properly (no grammar Nazi here, you seem to know it all), I don't want to learn anything from you. You want a wife that will balance you and I respect that. You should probably try to understand that I am not a member of your family (thank God). I presume that I was taught very well under the circumstance and I can only be grateful for how I've turned out. Not being able to cook African dishes is not because I never wanted to, I was never taught. The same goes for the dialects. With that being said, I blame nobody for that ! I am very happy with my life as it is. My relationship didn't work out because of everything but cooking ! LOL I can't even imagine that being a factor but to each his own. You, dearest, should "learn some manner".
I am not trying to be disrespectful
I have lot of life experience, You don't have
You can learn a lot by just listening
Like I said go learn some manner and be respectful
It sound like you have had a very challenging life and reading your posting , you have over come that challenges
So I do me and You do you
So you live in Italy, I now have some understanding of of your life
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 03, 2013
naija_swag: Marry abroad and its gonna be a court wedding. There's high probability that a divorce might occur and boom, all the money is gone. If you marry a girl in Nigeria, most issues are settled by the family and kins mens other than a court of law.

This!!!
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by GoodFaith: 3:18pm On Dec 03, 2013
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by logica(m): 3:19pm On Dec 03, 2013
smartg :
What about guys that goes to the village to marry after rocking life with the girls in the city.
Still the basis of my point; guys don't like going to social gatherings and have like 3/4 exes of your wife at the gathering. And what's that thing about "Okafor's Law" again?
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by Mikhaela: 3:22pm On Dec 03, 2013
GoodFaith:
I am not trying to be disrespectful
I have lot of life experience, You don't have
You can learn a lot by just listening
Like I said go learn some manner and be respectful
It sound like you have had a very challenging life and reading your posting , you have over come that challenges
So I do me and You do you

*side eye* what? My life isn't challenging because I can't cook. I have a perfectly normal life. I'm in my 20s, I have a normal job, I live alone like a normal person, I pay my bills like a normal person, I go out like a normal girl my age... there is nothing particularly challenging about my life. Please save your pity for yourself. It is very insulting. YOU need manners. Also, your advice about learning a lot? Take it and use it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by EyeKandy(f): 3:24pm On Dec 03, 2013
Pathethic generalization!

Just as much Nigerian ladies go home to marry. Singling out Nigerian men is wrong. It has very little or nothing to do with character. The issue with some Nigerian ladies is that we want a man that has achieved higher than us.

If your husband brought you out of Nigeria, its either because (a) he's been rejected by most Nigerian ladies or (b) he lives in a city with few of us (c) you agreed to nursing school for reasons we all know. grin Nigerian ladies are funny!

Why do Nigerian ladies reject the suitors back home for men abroad? Why do most actresses marry guys abroad? Is there anything wrong with marrying men in Nigeria with decent pay, 9-5 bank workers, engineers, architects?

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by GoodFaith: 3:27pm On Dec 03, 2013
Mikhaela:

*side eye* what? My life isn't challenging because I can't cook. I have a perfectly normal life. I'm in my 20s, I have a normal job, I live alone like a normal person, I pay my bills like a normal person, I go out like a normal girl my age... there is nothing particularly challenging about my life. Please save your pity for yourself. It is very insulting. YOU need manners. Also, your advice about learning a lot? Take it and use it.

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by anienge001: 3:27pm On Dec 03, 2013
ogugua88: It's hard finding a Nigerian woman abroad. There are millions of Nigerian girls, but seldom can you find a woman. Language? They can't speak. Food? They can't cook. Basic Nigerian values? They don't have. I'm not generalizing. As a woman, I am telling you that there are some Nigerian "women" who embarrass the hell out of me.

However, the same goes for their male counterparts. Some Nigerian boys complain, they're arrogant, and they do try to be controlling (I'm speaking from experience). I still like to believe that people can be in a loving relationship without one party needing to control the other.

It's not just men that go home anyway, although they do it more. A friend of mine, her fiancé is in Nigeria and will be joining her here soon for marriage.

To each his or her own really. They can marry whoever they like. They'll jam many of the same obstacles they jam here at home. grin

Another sincere answer from a lady!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by GoodFaith: 3:30pm On Dec 03, 2013
EyeKandy: Pathethic generalization!

Just as much Nigerian ladies go home to marry. Singling out Nigerian men is wrong. It has very little or nothing to do with character. The issue with some Nigerian ladies is that we want a man that has achieved higher than us.

If your husband brought you out of Nigeria, its either because (a) he's been rejected by most Nigerian ladies or (b) he lives in a city with few of us (c) you agreed to nursing school for reasons we all know. grin Nigerian ladies are funny!

Lot of Nigerian man do not go to Nigeria to marry a nurse
nurses don't make a lot of money, You have to work 16 hour a day to make that money
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by obi123: 3:35pm On Dec 03, 2013
GoodFaith:
Going to Nigeria will not solve the problem
Go get a village girl or boy after few year of watching TV
Story go change
I will advice the Nigeria men to marry any lady that make they happy
She does not to be a Nigeria woman

May your way never be narrow, you have said it all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by uromicom: 3:37pm On Dec 03, 2013
your answer is simple 99.9% of niaja girl in oversea are runz babe so who wan marry okpo as huz wife nobody
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by GoodFaith: 3:41pm On Dec 03, 2013
uromi.com:
your answer is simple 99.9% of niaja girl in oversea are runz babe so who wan marry okpo as huz wife nobody
Nigerian girls in oversea are all not run girls
some of the girls has met bad boys
Some of the girls want the money now and are not willing to work with the man to achieve better life
Lot of the girl like 419 dudes
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 03, 2013
lorretta u: lol this submissiveness thing is causing big problems o
Smh. What changed? Is it that men are becoming more demanding or the ladies are becoming less giving

Ladies are tired of giving,they are tired of just existing,i guess is their time to start living.Besides they do have a choice now,gone are the days when a woman's entirety revolves around marriage and keeping a man happy,while breeding him battalion of soldiers to carry on his name.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by obi123: 3:49pm On Dec 03, 2013
PureOhio: They come home because girls in nigeria see those guys as a big deal. "He's a jand guy.. he lives in yankee".
The girls in abroad however know the guys'' secrets-- we're all doing the 9-5 hustle together. No one is special here.

But but but, the guys abroad are getting wiser and ignoring these foolish stereotypes. Most of those girls wifed up from nigeria come here and become liabilities. They see all the "goodies" and start misbehaving. grin
It's better to marry someone in.the same system as you (if you plan on staying here).

The naija-based girl think you can afford brazillian hair. The yankee girl know you've got bills to pay.
All the talks about being more well cultured and better cook is BS. It's even easier to cook here-- there's youtube and constant electricity cheesy

i cant even add or subtract from your comment right here, i think the thread shld be closed, you have said it all
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by inosend: 3:51pm On Dec 03, 2013
lorretta u: lol this submissiveness thing is causing big problems o
Smh. What changed? Is it that men are becoming more demanding or the ladies are becoming less giving
LESS, LESS giving. Probably due to the devil-inspired Beijing Conference that tried to equate a woman to a man. I sob in Portuguese.
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by Effiwizzi: 3:52pm On Dec 03, 2013
@ LORRETTA
LORETTA , this is strictly directed at you. i ve carefully read ur points all thru this topic.
you seem to be A VERY DOMMINEERING kind of woman. it pricks you so hard to hear of the word submission., Then you can go fight the almighty God if u r so pained.
Secondly, you are a real femmist and for you information, no one is contesting with you.
I HAVE NEVE HEARD YOU CONTESTING THE ISSUE OF THE MAN PROVIDING FOR HIS FAMILY and y it should be so when the woman is equally getting a pay cheque at the end of the day.
You so much stress on equality btw the man and the woman and it all sorrounds on the rights of the woman.
1. providering for her
2. opening the door for her
3. loving her
4. paying the childrens fees
5. providing the shelter
e.t.c
Y dont you see any reasons y the woman shudnt do this things.
The bible learly states that there is NO EQUALITY and that the man is the head of the family and if u have any issues with that, you can jump into the lagoon.

submisivness dosnt mean control i would love to answer your question here.
I quote you saying men are threatened by womens success hence they crave for their submission. I will recommed "THE MYTH OF SINGLENESS" for you to read.

STop misinforming good women.In any case, a womans submission shouldnt be dependent on any factor and including His loving you. you do it because God commanded it and the blessing comes from Him and not the man. He issued the command. and same to the male folk.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by pickabeau1: 3:52pm On Dec 03, 2013
Thats not the point he was making...

HIS POINT
Abroad the law favours women strongly...
Here customes/elders play a stronger role

lorretta u: I'm a Nigerian girl born and raised in Nigeria
I'm going to have a court wedding.
That's not peculiar to foreigners alone
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by pickabeau1: 3:53pm On Dec 03, 2013
hahaha.. if someone did not know you, they will think u are a oven dried spinster

LOL

This your e-personality sha

byvan:

Ladies are tired of giving,they are tired of just existing,i guess is their time to start living.Besides they do have a choice now,gone are the days when a woman's entirety revolves around marriage and keeping a man happy,while breeding him battalion of soldiers to carry on his name.
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by pickabeau1: 3:55pm On Dec 03, 2013
Dont get the point of the italian chic.. the fact that she is advanced and a baby sitter does not mean she will not lead a fulfilling life

Mikhaela:

SO? I know an Italian girl from high school who could cook and I think she can still cook and guess what? She's a BABY SITTER. A 28 year old girl (the oldest in our class)...
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by momojomo(m): 4:04pm On Dec 03, 2013
EyeKandy: If your husband brought you out of Nigeria, its either because (a) he's been rejected by most Nigerian ladies or (b) he lives in a city with few of us (c) you agreed to nursing school for reasons we all know. grin Nigerian ladies are funny!

I disagree.
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by Mikhaela: 4:15pm On Dec 03, 2013
GoodFaith:

No, I don't live in Italy.

pickabeau1: Dont get the point of the italian chic.. the fact that she is advanced and a baby sitter does not mean she will not lead a fulfilling life

It was in regards to him pin pointing how the woman who could cook had a JOB and some bla bla degree.. So I said, I also know a woman who could cook and is a baby sitter and a high school drop out, forgot to mention that. Cooking has got nothing to do with leading a fulfilling life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 03, 2013
@ Pickabeau,.... but seriously lovers must be pleasers,things go to hell when the relationship is one sided and you know most Naija marriages are one sided,The man poops,the woman eats=happy Naija marriage . My E personality is me,no alter ego. grin no be small oven dried spinster.A good man deserves a good woman,an evil genius deserves Ayamatanga(witch),that way,life is fair.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by andyanders: 4:18pm On Dec 03, 2013
No matter how bad our ladies are, they are 80% better off, than their western counterpart. And most at times,
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? by GoodFaith: 4:20pm On Dec 03, 2013
byvan:

Sister, If you have all girls? what battalion of soldiers will carry on his name.
Nigerian man need to pray for health Kids forget boy or girl

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigerians Describe Their Exes With A Nigerian Food (Video) / Can You Marry A Girl That Refused To Date You Several Years Ago? / Can You Surgically Kill Your Sexual Urge To Please Your Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.