Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs (41845 Views)

My Boyfriend Started Acting Strange...help! / Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? / Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by raymonDii(m): 10:21am On Oct 02, 2008
cool, when love exist dere is nothing u can not do. dere's nothing bad in giving/helping ur boy friend; dat one of those thing we come across in love. just keep moving on with him, safe
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by carmelily: 10:26am On Oct 02, 2008
enroe:

So what if u pay the bills.so fuk what if u spend for his folks.whateva. spell it out that u don't love or even like him and u don't have to bring ur self here and start telling us how fukd up ur man is.it means u don't have any feelings for him.u r even supposed to be more responsible as long as u know he doesnt av it.what if u get married and all these start happening?so leave him and let the guy be than hanging ur dirty laundry in public.

my thoughts exactly! the poster is a maniac whose only aim is to create an attention-grabbing thread. she said so herself. i wonder how an adult could post a personal topic such as this on a public forum? i can't stand people who need a second, and maybe a 350th opinion for delicate decisions. so freaking imbecilic. the boyfriend is the unlucky person in the equation.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by citisoul: 12:36pm On Oct 02, 2008
Hi Girl you should not be found with that kind of a guy. Am a guy too i've no job and l don't even have a girl friend because, it hard to find a girl that will date such a guy. When l use to have a girl l don't ask for any thing, yet she left me. But is not as if i've not gone to school, am a systems engineer, am still look for a job.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by sosodat: 1:26pm On Oct 02, 2008
carmelily:

my thoughts exactly! the poster is a maniac whose only aim is to create an attention-grabbing thread. she said so herself. i wonder how an adult could post a personal topic such as this on a public forum?

Am surprised! Public forums is a haven for airing personal problems cos it provides anonymity.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by litlepikin: 1:37pm On Oct 02, 2008
ujujoan, but pls, if i may ask, how much do a woman have that gave u the room to insult men in here, whenever i heard that a woman is spending money to her boy friend i do pinch and ask my self how much is it, because i know very well that a woman's money can never fetch me any thing because their money is like a little baby change coin. but u forget that a man even me do take a woman for a shopping and spend not less than U.S. $2500.00. at a spot still no one hears about it, then why should a woman spend a little change to her boy friend  and come out here to publicise it, forgeting that the guy is spending his hard got spam on her. How much can u use to quantify those spam that he have being spending on u without complain.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by litlepikin: 1:45pm On Oct 02, 2008
people should stop posting on this topic there's no sense in it.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Coded200(m): 1:47pm On Oct 02, 2008
@ mama orga
please read her post well - she doesnt love the guy
@bintab
please what advice are you offering,she is in for the sex and paying for it and yet she talks like she sincerely needs redemption,her sexual urge is so insatiable she cant focus on the right move.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by carmelily: 2:11pm On Oct 02, 2008
sosodat:

Am surprised! Public forums is a haven for airing personal problems because it provides anonymity.

yes, provides anonymity and 350 (and counting) points of view. how smart.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by sosodat: 2:32pm On Oct 02, 2008
carmelily:

yes, provides anonymity and 350 (and counting) points of view. how smart.
LMAO! grin
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by abbag: 2:39pm On Oct 02, 2008
HEY WAKE UP MY DEAR. I AM A GUY AND I KNOW ONCE WE FIND THAT COMFORT ZONE, ITS DIFFICULT TO SEE THINGS ANY OTHER WAY.
YOU MADE HIM LAZY, AND THE LONGER YOU CONTINUE, THE MORE HARMFUL IT WILL BECOME NOT JUST FOR YOU BUT HIM AS WELL, BECAUSE HE HAS RESIGNED TO JUST BEING SPOON-FED NOT MINDING WHERE OR WHO GETS THE FOOD.
GOOD SEX IS GREAT, BUT NOT EVERYTHING. TRY TO ENCOURAGE HIM TO CHANGE, LET HIM SHOW SOME EFFORT AT GETTING A JOB( I ASSUME HE IS A GRADUATE). PUSH SOME VACANCIES HIS WAY, SUGGEST THIS OR THAT.
IF NO SHOW, YOU ARE SHORT-CHANGING YOURSELF, BECAUSE I KNOW U CAN STILL GET GOOD SEX AND A COMPLETE MAN OUT THERE.
CHEERS, ABBAG
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Emad(f): 3:25pm On Oct 02, 2008
my dear after laughing my A$$ off i have one thing to tell you

there is much more to life than just 'good sex'

you can always get that from a prostitute ( male )

but to harbour a parasite in the name of it is simply short sited

sweep him out and throw away the broom, NOW!![i][/i] angry angry
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by bhumeeus: 9:07am On Oct 03, 2008
I think your mind is already made up, You want to break up with him, you just need people to boost up your guts to say it.You also dont want to feel guilty cos you're jilting him because of financial reasons, but you know what, just like the 1st person said, leave his sorry ass,girl.Its really crazy that at 31, he still relys on his girlfriend to pay his bills, no shame at all.I tell you that if he cant be ashamed about his situation now,he'll never be, he'll just relax, not struggle to get a good job cos he knows he's got a supportive girlfriend.Do you want to marry that kind of man?

Meanwhile, its men like him who forget you when they start making money.If you decide to stick with him, mark my words, And as for the sex, forget it, you'll get another guy who's as good, You're still young, you dont want to find yourself still with this man without a job, sustaining him at 28, so make haste while the sun shines.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by carmelily: 9:46am On Oct 03, 2008
sosodat:

LMAO! grin

LOL. seriously, we have trained psychologists and therapists, professionals for stuff like this (and their oath to confidentiality takes care of the anonymity part). Trust me, there's probably nobody licensed to give her advice on this thread. Read through and tell me how she plans to take an intelligent decision.

@joichi
you (and other indecisionists like you) should write to Dear Abby or Dear Margo. They are both available for free on Yahoo. I wrote to Dear Margo and she sent me a personalised reply.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by empro(m): 10:21am On Oct 03, 2008
Lady i urge u and remember that not all what is shine is gold.either he is good on bed or not there is an adage that said what we bought with money remain money.i believe he can not change.My advice is that dump him before you got pregnant.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 03, 2008
girl get out of that relationship. The writing on the wall says he is lazy. Is he worried about his condition at all? i dnt think so cos if he is, he would feel ashamed to receive support from u. Ow come he has no job anyway? A guy who takes things from a girl will neva end up loving her deeply. He can only feel gratitude. Love is all about giving, if he keeps on receiving from u then he doesnt love u but sees u as a help mate who he may dump after he gets his feet on ground. Plsssssssss wake up!!
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by trastar(f): 1:13pm On Oct 03, 2008
the poster has sucedded in turning every1 against each oda.lol.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by carmelily: 2:22pm On Oct 03, 2008
trastar:

the poster has sucedded in turning everyone against each oda.lol.

who are the people against each other?
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by JasmineSie(f): 3:46pm On Oct 03, 2008
okay m really in a daze here,has this guy used jazz on u or something if so chic better go and pray to ur God 'cos u going down the path of heartbreak,loneliness,frustration ,humiliation and broke-ness.For crying out loud if he cant get a job he should stop being so needy,i mean there should ber a level of pride in everyone u talk sey he never buy ur people shi-shi ,chic u need to get ur senses back o,seriously and he go dey call u him wife,na you go pay the brie price,and do all the marriage arrangements.no marriage for u o na just trips till the guy gets a job and he will ditch u like sey he no know u before.plus for crying out loud he's 31 when is he going to start being responsible i dont think u wuld want to get married to that kind of man(that's if marriage dey the guy mind sef|) ;Du wuld want to settle down with u'll just become the head of the family.I have a friend who dated a guy for 12 years
was there for the guy when he was jobless and broke and all that and guess what happene when the guy got a job at a bank in abj after all the plenty plenty promise of marriage he broke up with her over the phone she saw him recently and was saying hi aunty jumy for crying out loud they dated for 12years an she missed a lot of better people because of the "LOVE" she had for him and look where it left her

Chic if na love u need remove ur blindfold make u wear goggles see well well.ditch him before u lose someone who might be yours for real
@Gamine
Chic abeg free the girl small e fit be jazz u know grin
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by bolagurl(f): 4:24pm On Oct 03, 2008
u see my dear mate, all i have for you is to think twice, put up a test of love for him

wont you be suprised by what i meant by test of love?

first, stop giving money to him, shower him with a lot of love, WITHOUT spending a dine on me and lets see if he is really after your money or he really loves you for who you are

lets see if he is going to change his attitude towards you or love you the more

take kia i know how you felt

mail me, i like to be your friend bolaluv_one@yahoo.com
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by teleola: 5:20pm On Oct 03, 2008
i tink u know wot u,re doing,if not u wont be complaining
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by cliveland: 9:37pm On Oct 03, 2008
@ poster, dis might be long but read it!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry u r in d wrong corner rite now. i have dis friend her younger sis dated dis guy almost 10years her senior 4 7yrs we, i mean everybody kept vigil hoping oga would find a "job" but 4 all that while he was living off my friend's sis, he made no real effort to get a paid job as every job u mention to him was demeaning or not d kind 4 his status, u can imagine how pained my friend n we all were, but 4 shame of interfering we only wispered our displeasure, until 1 morning her younger sis called no practically took every1 who cared to come to a buffer at an highbrow restuarant,, occassion u might want to ask , i just moved oga man out of "my" apartment.

Ponder on this,

she paid the rent 4 d apartment as it was rented by her in the 1st place n oga moved in, in love;
She pays 4 laundries, oga says he does not like washing clothes;
even on her birthdays she takes him out n give him money 2 get her a gift, which most times than not he never buys;
she owns a car she seldom drives cos oga is driving it hanging out with d boys;
the only times she enjoys d comfort of her car is early mornings when he drops her n late evenings when he comes back to pick from office;
even at weekends she practically "books" 4 use of her own car cos ofcos oga has need 4 d car, b4 u ask she fuels d car

Please dont let nothing derail ur decision, love aint blind dat u cant see, dats even if u did love him.

pple like him are not lazy, but r self-centred and wicked. leaving him would not only help u grow but also allow u explore areas u r presently hindered from, be wise sex isnt all n guess he might also be using dat as tool on u, come 2 think have u ever explored ursef sexually try dat u might be surprised of what u might not yet know.

MOVE ON SIS
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by fredmansha(m): 10:42pm On Oct 03, 2008
my Dear,how long do you wanna keep hanging out with this guy?he doesn't care bout you all he love's is the money you spend on him,and the way i see its like he doesn't wanna work,look huney all you need is wolk away,you are waisting your time with him remember you are a woman!other men wouldn't come around seeying him wiv you,plesz think well ok.4get about d way he bleeps you,they are others dat can do better.think well ok,
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by fredmansha(m): 10:43pm On Oct 03, 2008
my Dear,how long do you wanna keep hanging out with this guy?he doesn't care bout you all he love's is the money you spend on him,and the way i see its like he doesn't wanna work,look huney all you need is wolk away,you are waisting your time with him remember you are a woman!other men wouldn't come around seeying him wiv you,plesz think well ok.4get about d way he bleeps you,they are others dat can do better.think well ok,
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by FOREXGURU: 12:09am On Oct 04, 2008
very
carmelily:

LOL. seriously, we have trained psychologists and therapists, professionals for stuff like this (and their oath to confidentiality takes care of the anonymity part). Trust me, there's probably nobody licensed to give her advice on this thread. Read through and tell me how she plans to take an intelligent decision.

@joichi
you (and other indecisionists like you) should write to Dear Abby or Dear Margo. They are both available for free on Yahoo. I wrote to Dear Margo and she sent me a personalised reply.

Very well said. Scanned thru the thread and cant help thinking this is just to get people's attraction.
Lots of contracditing statements here, how do u expect to get good advice like this.

I must confess that i think this is a make up story probably to help write a script for a nollywood movie in the making.

If you want serious advice from me, then lets chat one on one on yahoo messenger. my id is yomexy4.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:03am On Oct 04, 2008
This is where me i have problem oh Seun, why will this type of thread be making it to the front na, and imagine 11 pages already, bull crap.

Leave the guy na sho who hold you?
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by olaremint(m): 1:38am On Oct 04, 2008
I know how you feel when you spend on your man and he doesn't or vice versa.I want you to answer these qtns honestly.
1. Do you know if he really loves you.
2. Is he stingy as a result of joblessness or naturally.
Life can be funny, you might meet someone with all the money and be unhappy, search yourself and do something that will put a smile on your face and sleep soundly at night.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Aragon5000(m): 3:48am On Oct 04, 2008
@joichi, I know u said no insensivities, but maybe that’s what u need to wake u up from this bad dream. As far as I can tell from ur post you've got yourself your personal GIGOLO and u are paying for his service, so why are u complaining? Whenever u get tired of this gigolo u can kick him out and look for a real Man. If you yourself said he is good in bed, u think he doesn’t know that himself? U think he might not have suspected that’s the reason u are still tolerating him? Dude knows he is a Gigolo to u that’s why he is pimping u hard. But like u said u are really enjoying it, to the extent that u even need advice from strangers to do the right thing. If he couldn’t buy cola for ur people why on earth would he buy tomtom (candy) for u or them when he becomes Bill Gate? If he cares for u one bit, he will save part of the money he gets from u and buy u or ur family a surprise gift and no matter how small that gift would be, I know u guys would value it, coming from a guy without a job. Listen good, I am a guy and from ur description of this dude he is up to no good. He is the type that would even take ur money and spend on another girl. U are way too young to waste ur time on such a guy, but if u are enjoying the Gigolo part too much to let go, I suggest u always use a CONDOM that’s if u are not already doing that. u dont wanna find out u got infected with aids after spending ur money on him. No matter how my response may come to u, I hope u find some sense in it and make the right decision. Wish u luck cos u sure need it
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by PurestBoy(m): 4:01am On Oct 04, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

This is where me i have problem oh Seun, why will this type of thread be making it to the front na, and imagine 11 pages already, bull crap.

Leave the guy na sho who hold you?

Don't mind Seun and the yeye girl. I don't know why the stinking thread has to be re-post in the front page again. Tufiakwa
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by PurestBoy(m): 4:40am On Oct 04, 2008
@poster,

I hope you're happy now that you've attracted alot of attention to your thread and especially now that Seun has re-post it in the front page so that people can read and pity you.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:30am On Oct 04, 2008
litlepikin:

ujujoan, but please, if i may ask, how much do a woman have that gave u the room to insult men in here, whenever i heard that a woman is spending money to her boy friend i do pinch and ask my self how much is it, because i know very well that a woman's money can never fetch me any thing because their money is like a little baby change coin. but u forget that a man even me do take a woman for a shopping and spend not less than US. $2500.00. at a spot still no one hears about it, then why should a woman spend a little change to her boy friend  and come out here to publicise it, forgeting that the guy is spending his hard got spam on her. How much can u use to quantify those spam that he have being spending on u without complain.

As your name implies, you made no sense at all.

@topic

it ain't necessary to reply a thread, your not being forced. if you got no meaningful contribution, duhhh click a diff thread. dumbos.

@poster

You know the right thing to do, i don't think you should be with a man just cus the sex is good.

if you can't tolerate him any longer, then leave him alone and stop whining.

you can't eat your cake and have it.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Nobody: 5:55am On Oct 04, 2008
please i need someones help. i know this is not the right forum, but figured a lot of people come to this thread. i want to know how much it costs in cash and carry in nigeria to but a 50 inch (panasonic, not sony) lcd tv . basically i want to know if i should buy it here and ship to nigeria, or i might as well get it over in nigeria. i figured the prices are exhorbitant in lagos. please any response will be appreciated, even if its an approximate quote, just want to have an idea . thanks
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by phemmy008(m): 8:50am On Oct 04, 2008
To me i don't see any big deal in these issue, if u discovered that u can't cope anymore then u opt out or tell him that u are tired of paying his bills.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Pre-wedding Photos Of Two Nairalanders / DJ Consequence Set To Wed (Pre-Wedding Photo) / Is My Girlfriend A Threat To Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.