Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,040 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs (41846 Views)

My Boyfriend Started Acting Strange...help! / Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? / Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by browneyes1(f): 9:29am On Oct 04, 2008
girl

i think you love this guy otherwise you wouldnt even be asking us for help

i suggest u leave the guy abeg

no matter how money less he is he should still go out there hustle and buy u gifts no matter how small or cheap

i think hes just foud a mugu and hes using you

u could still continue tio be in the relationship for "sex" if u can take it like most guys do no strings attached and you should cease spending on him.

hes a very dumb guy, if he realy loves you why doesnt he encourage you to invest your money for "your" future rather than on his family?

abeg babe you should continue seeing him if you want but you need to stop
spending on him and his family

wetin you be mother xmas?

thats my 2 cents
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by sylve11: 9:37am On Oct 04, 2008
i beg i don tire for this topic jaire grin grin grin straight to the next topic grin grin grin
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 04, 2008
There is nothing wrong  if the wife is helping the husband, but it is very wrong if the husband allows the wife to be taking the responsibility of the  husband. it is boldly written on the wall.

He doesn't love you he is only sticking around just because you were able to meet his financial needs
I f you loose your job or you can't meet his financial needs anymore then you will know the kind of person he is.
get that stuff out of your head HE IS GOOD IN BED you can't die without sex don't get me wrong am not saying sex is not important and lastly let him realize that he is the man and he ought to be the one meeting your financial needs.You  can also post it on Nigeria singles discussion community http://www.dynamitesinglesforum.com
Good luck
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Delebayo(m): 12:03pm On Oct 04, 2008
Like som1 said in this thread use ur head not ur heart. such is life, a broken relationship is better than a broken marriage, pray to God for direction on getting som1 who is man enuf to handle u, financially , sextually, and otherwise. there are a lot of pple out htere looking for u, depending on where u look sha o! shocked U need to move on rether than getting stuck with a guy that won't improve himself academically and financially,(though u didn't tell us about his effort on getting a job! angry) If u don't feel respect for him dump him wisely, If sex is tying u down to him starve ursef for some time u'll get what u are looking for soon. When u are searching for something ur mental positioning has a role, get into th right mental condition, attend single meetings, read singles books, learn more on what u want in a guy and how to get it, remember no pain no gain grin. learn from others too. I wish u luck in ur search.

Get your freedom  cool remember sex should be after marriage, it is one of those things that'll get u to a bad reletionships. put sex last in ur new search or esle u keep going in circle, except if u are lucky which is rear, but shine ur eyes shocked
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by mamaorga(f): 1:01pm On Oct 04, 2008
Delebayo:

Like som1 said in this thread use ur head not ur heart. such is life, a broken relationship is better than a broken marriage, pray to God for direction on getting som1 who is man enough to handle u, financially , sextually, and otherwise. there are a lot of people out htere looking for u, depending on where u look sha o! shocked U need to move on rether than getting stuck with a guy that won't improve himself academically and financially,(though u didn't tell us about his effort on getting a job! angry) If u don't feel respect for him dump him wisely, If sex is tying u down to him starve ursef for some time u'll get what u are looking for soon. When u are searching for something ur mental positioning has a role, get into th right mental condition, attend single meetings, read singles books, learn more on what u want in a guy and how to get it, remember no pain no gain grin. learn from others too. I wish u luck in ur search.

Get your freedom cool remember sex should be after marriage, it is one of those things that'll get u to a bad reletionships. put sex last in ur new search or esle u keep going in circle, except if u are lucky which is rear, but shine ur eyes shocked

WORD!!!!!!!!
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by phizman(m): 1:48pm On Oct 04, 2008
[b][/b]
Hi Joichi, really u need to wake up from ur sleep. Dat guy is 4ked & a disgrace 2 other guys which I'm one of. Sorry 4 d words used but i feel it's d best i can use 2 qualify him right now. If he is broke & needs ur assistance is a diff thg & not happy bin a pest. Baby, u jst deserve far more dan u're enslaving ursef into. Open ur eyes & wise up girl because he is jst fooling u around singing a song u don't understand around u. But if u r close 2 any of his guys, u might be able to understand d song. So i advise u try 2 play around d frnds and som of his family, atleast u wil be able 2 find atleast 1 dat can mak u knw his mind 2wards u.

But 4 me, I control my reltnshp by bin d man in terms of spendings no matter hw small d money can be & I'm bin respected in all I've bin into. Wen I borrow which is very very rare, i mak sure i return it at d stipulated time. it's just my way of handling mine & not sitting down waiting 4 one woman 2 spend on me all in d name of luv or whatever he is using 2 deceive & cheat u.

Once again 4k dat GUY and open d doors 2 ur heart 4 som1 else 2 come in.
SEX/FUTURE is not enough 4 u 2 remain used.

Like they say: "SEEK PEOPLE'S ADVISE BUT DECIDE 4 URSEF".
The decision is urs baby.

Phizman, wink
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Denicest(m): 2:05pm On Oct 04, 2008
Joichi,

All I can tell u is to take a walk. Don't see it as heartless or anything cos this guy does not see you as a wife to be. Common lets face the facts. A hardworking guy need not blame unemployment for lack of money in these days where so much money is being made through the internet. Just take a look at this site that we are all using, its owned by a young man who might be younger than this guy in question. But when one is lazy and unambitious that person spends his/her whole life seeking for a job created by another person.

An ambitious person who is unemployed for too long would develop himself to be able to create a job for himself/herself.

On the issue of satisfying you sexually, I believe that void can be filled easily if you so desire it otherwise abstinence would be my advice. Don't become a slave to sex because he satisfies you, you will then remain with him and jeopardise you future.

I rest my case for now. Kindly check my profile and contact me soon.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by blesvic: 2:17pm On Oct 04, 2008
I dont think u should continue with d guy.He is a man if he doesnt start taking care of u now when will he start.A guy is supposed to take care of his girl and he is not evevn ashamed of himself.He is justifying his action by saying u work but he doesnt.Girl drop him u are better off without him.Use ur money for somethin else.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by sosodat: 2:21pm On Oct 04, 2008
Thread still goin! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Na Charm? - zooms off
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by nigeria12: 2:57pm On Oct 04, 2008
Do you pay for the house,

Did you buy the car, you ever get job or na 2 days since 2 years jobs, you take buy car and house.?

You ever get job for your life?? Where you take get money, no be your boyfriend money buy car and pay for house. person who no get money or job tem then depended on them for money.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by rodler(m): 3:11pm On Oct 04, 2008
MTN BLONDER COULD COST THEM MILLIONS.
If you see guys picking used cards and loading this morning!!!!,
not until 12 noon.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by odada(m): 3:33pm On Oct 04, 2008
hmnnnnn. . .am sure i could have spent about 15minutes just to decipher the story and really get to ubderstand what the writter feels and ofcourse our own obvious opinions, ok heres my view:

In the issue of the relationship, she said they have been dating for about 2 years now and sure as at then she didnt have a job?so,lets just assume that you were both jobless until you finally became lucky to get one! in those times when y'all were both broke did you feel like walking away and what did you like the most about him?apart from the fact that he bangs your brains to oblivion!

After you got the job at what point did he begin to ask you for money?was it at the point that you promised him you would use the job to better your relationship?or when you offered to give him some cash to get new clothes?take cognisance of the emphasis on 'offered'? then so many other things you could have offered to do before he finally spoilt him silly and now he cant seem to have enough.

Now you want to leave his broke arse ause he's not your type anymore?why ?simple because he's broke grin grin grin.So typical of all you ladies to always want to leave a man not considering all the sh***t you both have been through together?forgettting that the devil you know, is better than the angel you dont!!! you donnot work in a bank but am sure that with your new job you feel you deserve a Banker or one that works an oil company who would begin to spend his hard earned cash on you?doing the same thingy you are doing to your bf now until he too finally finks that enough is enough and dumps your own gold digging arse for some one new! thats the way it is gal,dont hate the player hate the game.

For all you chavunistic men out there that think am backing up a broke arse dependent 31 year old grown man then you are so wrong. The other day @ church my pastor corroborated claim that we all already know i.e if a man's not performing/doing his primary responsibilities that why complain when your wife keeps bullshi**ng you?

@poster, how much is it exactly do u spend on your broke ass bf? for you to be complaing am sure its peanuts! so go some where else screaming blue murder when its obvious you are in it for the jolly stick ride.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by yet4banks: 3:51pm On Oct 04, 2008
babygirl ur guy will ruin u.oyo lo wao
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by gamechange(m): 5:32pm On Oct 04, 2008
If you want to know his true feelings and emotion towards you, here is what to do.

Be serious and teary eyed; tell him you are pregnant and your family have demanded he marries you before the belly starts to show (in like three months). Explain also that they already told you at work that if you become pregnant, they will let you go once you are 8 months without pay. Explain that this bothers you, especially because he has no job.

I am sure if this guy is genuine, he will land a job quicktime, otherwise, he will dissapear, either way you will know his true motive.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by gochi6: 6:40pm On Oct 04, 2008
Hello dear,
I advise you decide foryourself if this is the type of person you want to live with for the rest of ur life. If is the answer is 'nay', save youself (and the rest of nairaland) from speaking to much english/investing emotions and money in this young man and move on. If you're already having financial issues and u guys are still on b/friend+ g/friend levels wink, how much more when u get married? Goodluck, said a prayer for u. wink
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by asewo(m): 8:16pm On Oct 04, 2008
PLS Sis i dont see any big deal about the whole thing even if it sucks,
Just make sure you are doing the right thing that is if you do really care about him cos that could be the only reason you are still in this relationship
Who says it the responsibilty of the guy to always spend the Doeeee,
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Ayoolar: 9:06pm On Oct 04, 2008
Hi dear, i understand your plight, but i would advise you to call him, seat him down and tell him your plan of leaving him, place him on conditions.
May be he doesn't know the implication of what he's doing.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Bell32(m): 9:14pm On Oct 04, 2008
THAT GUY IS LAZY AND A SNICH, HE IS A PARASIT. SO DUMP HIM, DUMP HIM, DUMP HIM, DUMP HIM, D U M P H I M, D U M P H I M
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by olaremint(m): 9:37pm On Oct 04, 2008
you all guyz in this link are pathetic, why you all acting like saints and pretending that you dont want to be in the church rat's shoes.like jesus said he who has no sin cast the first orange and for Miss Goody Goody now i have money, i bet you are not telling the whole truth and you probably made the poor guy broke and you are looking for a way to dump him, at least the bloke is good in bed, go and ask women who have millions but their senators cannot last 5 secs, they would gladly swap places with you.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by otilox(m): 11:59pm On Oct 04, 2008
wow, this thread sha, it even made it to top list. Honestly i aint learnt shit from it.

as for d poster, me am readly available to replace d parasitic bloke. Trust me i'll only consume half the usual. And i bet i can take him out on d s** part. just try me!

Nairaland, any comment goes! i'm loving it.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by teleola: 12:10am On Oct 05, 2008
pls anoda topic,she just wants 2hear wot she knows anyway
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by bilymuse: 8:26am On Oct 05, 2008
Good sex is available everywhere and the guy's too damn expensive.

mbanu, good sex can be expensive and hard to find. Many woman are not sexually satisfied, most guys just pump and ejaculate without allowing the woman to reach orgasm . The final destination of sex is orgasm, few woman has got there and fewer men has been able to take a woman there. Some women dont even know it exist.

Everybody has a price, no amount of money is too expensive to get to your dream.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Armadda(m): 12:18pm On Oct 05, 2008
what's criminal about giving ur guy some financial support if he's not capable enoug now? what? help him if u love him, but be wise and judcious. he needs to get a job, that dude needs not rely his babe, he's got to be on his feet. how 'bout dat?
just dey try sha.

cheers!
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Tapiya(m): 12:38pm On Oct 05, 2008
Hello,

Its really kinda difficult to tell the heart of a man, but its extremely dangerous, Situation number for your Guy He  could be thinkin that hes got a woman that cant do without him and collects this Money then sends it to her or Gives her and you are there being seen as the Mugu that does the Payment.

Situation number two could be that the guy is trying all his best to make life Easy for you but hes just the unfortunate type and he appreciates what you have been doing for him, Based on that I will advice you to Follow your heart and dont let your head deceive you ( you may be the one in his Position someday God forbid) but things happen in this life, you have not told us if hes making any effort at all or you juts dont seem to like the kinda effort hes putting on, But what ever it is if you wanna help a guy in need please do it with an Open mind, and let the reward come your way, stop disrepecting him for that cos if it were me I will never enjoy the sex in such a situation when I do not have any respect for a girl am sleeping with then I dont enjoy the Sex, I dont last 3 minutes, but when I like the Girl and respect her I can go all the way, you need to make a change from your own end dear.

Just think what you wanna do.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Armadda(m): 12:41pm On Oct 05, 2008
now i understand what u talkin 'bout.  throw this guy outta ur life right now or be his sex slave till he gets a job and discovers that u r overused, i see the handwriting on the wall.  stop giving out the best of u to a man that does not have a future with u.  wake up and smell d coffee, sex is not everything, aftreall HIV dey real ooo, even with d latex.

THINK ans ACT!!!!
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 05, 2008
Hmmmm,
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by MC1(m): 3:04pm On Oct 05, 2008
Be patient my child
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by iz2much: 4:10pm On Oct 05, 2008
hmm
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by grandstar(m): 5:57pm On Oct 05, 2008
I am from a very religious background.

If we were within the same religion, I could give you a pfrecise answer.

The truth is that you keep him around to fill a void.

Perhaps you are frieghtened of being lonely. If you are a banker, it only compunds your problem.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by amigoes(m): 7:04pm On Oct 05, 2008
grandstar:

I am from a very religious background.

If we were within the same religion, I could give you a pfrecise answer.

The truth is that you keep him around to fill a void.

Perhaps you are frieghtened of being lonely. If you are a banker, it only compunds your problem.

banker

GBAM!!!!!!!!!!

Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Obalende: 7:53pm On Oct 05, 2008
in money matters, shine ur eyes; if the relationship is parasitic with no light in sight, seriously reconsider where the relationship is heading (you have more details).
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by mafolayomi(f): 10:05pm On Oct 05, 2008
How does this really concern us. He is ur boyfriend for God sake or do you want another nairalander to check you out. How the hell do our gurls think for heavens' sake!
That's your canoe, row! or do u need a paddle?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

Pre-wedding Photos Of Two Nairalanders / DJ Consequence Set To Wed (Pre-Wedding Photo) / Is My Girlfriend A Threat To Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.